>Hyundai unreliability
>kia pricing
Why bother? worst of both worlds

>Hyundai unreliability
?

Wait you dont know?

i worked on a 2011 elantra that the engine blew up with 150k on it

No catch. Entry level cars.

That means fuckall without back story. Fifteen years ago, I worked at a BMW dealership and an M3 came in with a blown engine and only about 3k on the clock.

Backstory was there was nothing wrong with it.

Started burning oil and coolant and then ate a headgasket and now god knows what else

Shes still driving it around after i changed the oil

Korean cars never sell for sticker price.

Wait for all those same discounts to kick in on the Kia Stinger.

>she
Found the problem.

aussie here i cant wait for some crazy cunts to start boosting it to 500rwhp and pop engines left and right

The catch is that those savings are usually the total POSSIBLE savings. They have discounts for college kids and discounts for military and discounts for loyal buyers. The reality is you most likely wont get ALL the discounts.

>looking at hyundais
why do you hate yourself so much?

>buying a car in 2018 with plastic fucking wheel covers

>Shiftronic
What the fuck even is that

Hyundai has one of the best warranty programs in the industry. The would go out of business if they weren't creating products consistently outlasted the warranty. All new Hyundais have a 5 year broad component warranty and a 10 year powertrain warranty. That is unmistakable confidence right there

Yeah, but they are absolutely rigid with the maintenance requirements. At least, Kia was, and I can only assume that Hyundai would be as well.

They use the price to lure you in. They know only poorfags buy Korean so they kill them on the finance deal. Most financed Korean cars are underwater.

Just get a civic for 3k faggot. Why would you spend 14k on a miserable commuter shitbox?

>Yeah, but they are absolutely rigid with the maintenance requirements.
good

most owners are fucking RETARDS

op propably doesnt know shit about cars and just wants something reliable and cheap that might last 5-10 years and not much out of warranty after that.

Op here. This is indeed true

You probably also have shit credit and can't get a good finance deal on a more interesting and equally reliable used car of a similar price, I assume.

Pay

And?

Get a 1-3 year old car for 1/2 the price with low k's

>b-but muh warranty
Again shouldnt run into any issues unless you beat on it and dont do oilchanges REGULARLY
>b-but i cant do that
Learn, it requires one spanner, thats it.
>b-but i succ
and? Veeky Forums is like that abusive autistic friend that corrects you anytime you get something wrong, we wont baby you.

Or a Crown Vicky/Lincoln Town Car/Grand Marquis

Retarded as in you used Mobil one instead of Kia oil, no warranty engine work

and?

Nobody is forcing OP to buy a BRAND NEW CAR

the smart SMART thing to do would be to buy one 1-3 years old that has LOW k's

They give a long warranty because nothing is really included in it, go to tje dealership and they tell you it's normal wear and tear.

And who cared if you car has 7 year warranty, it's a Hyundai and it will be worth 500 bucks when 7 years old.

They replaced a wheel bearing on mine after the front right one shit itself after 13k miles. Then they replaced the backup camera that managed to get water in it. Then they replaced the front seat cover after I bitched about a seam splitting.

All of it was covered by the warranty.

Looking like a loser?

I don't believe in financing. I pay cash for my vehicles

But then people will think I'm poor.

I have no interest in learning how to work on my car. A warranty is very cozy for a lazy car owner.

But then people will think I'm poor.

Actually, the smartest smart thing to do is buy a car new so when parts break they have to fix it for free.

False. They will fix components if inoperable. A broken power lock is not wear and tear by anyone's definition.

>Brand new car
>Loser

The only people who will think I'm a loser is people who have nice brand new cars. Compared to then, I am a loser.

I have much more respect for an old fart in a well maintained GMQ than someone kid in a korean povertybox. hyundai elantras are synonymous with low income driver or teenage girl's first car

Yeah nah man. Most people have more respect for a well maintained older vehicle than a Fucking Hyundai pos which just screams "I have no taste or appreciation for anything"

You've already got that covered, kiddo.

Wagecucks detected

Nothing. They're just cheap econoboxes. They probably only cost Hyundai about $9,000 to build. They're the type of cheap car you finance when you have below average credit, then toss after 120,000 miles.

Bought a new Sonata for $18,500 during a sales event last year with $0 down after my 20 year old car from high school finally crapped out at 230,000 miles. The Hyundai hasn't given me any problems yet and I've already put close to 40,000 miles on it.

why are you asking for advice on the most boring car in the world when your so staunchly set in your decision that you wouldn't take any half decent advise if it was given to you?

This is an auto enthusiasts board, people are here to talk about fun cars, not intelligent financial decisions

Well, excuuuse me.

Fine. Buy whatever you want but don't post here if you're going to ask for advice and not take it.

>I have no interest in learning how to work on my car. A warranty is very cozy for a lazy car owner.
Lazyness has nothing to do with it.

>B-but your just a wrenchy

You clearly dont really love cars then if you dont have any interest in learning how things learn, its basic fucking knowledge when owning a car.

Hope mechanics rape you in the ass.