Ford in charge of road car reliability

>Ford in charge of road car reliability

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Nan3LURIq3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Ford in charge of Engine design
youtu.be/Nan3LURIq3k

yes i know they've "fixed" it in revisions but where the fuck is the recalls ?

>Lincoln, RAM, Chevrolet, GMC, Buick above industry average
>believing memepower ever

Consumer Reports is more factual.

DID U WATCH THE VIDEO?

>blocks physically flex and scrub the headgasket
what the fuck?
they clearly didnt even fucking test it

everybody knows gm makes the best american cars op

Is this why Ford is trying to move away from sedans, hatchbacks, and coupes (aside from the Mustang) and focus more on Crossovers, SUVs and Pickup Trucks?

Seems to me they put little care in assembling their smaller cars.

>land rover
>more reliable than ford and dodge

bullshit

porsche, mercedes and bmw shouldn't be that high

TT Ecoboost was a major mistake.

If you are considering on buying a Ford vehicle with this piece of shit engine, please don't. Buyers beware.

My favorite part is that the floating piston jug design has no reinforcements so the fucking cylinders move around and dont always line up with the head under load

AKA we didnt test it
i always wanted a XR5 with the i5 volvo engine, never touched this 2018 one tho

>Buick that high up
The fuck?

They've gained reliability ever since they started rebadging Opels.

>oating piston jug design has no reinforcements so the fucking cylinders move around and dont always line up with the head under load

woah...

>My favorite part is that the floating piston jug design has no reinforcements so the fucking cylinders move around and dont always line up with the head under load
This isn't uncommon, lots of big diesels run open deck designs and 30+psi boost, just ford didn't implement it very well.

>i always wanted a XR5 with the i5 volvo engine, never touched this 2018 one tho
A mate bought one new, fun car but he ended up with main bearing issues before 60k miles, not sure if this is a common thing or not.

its about half way through my 2nd video post under op

What the fuck
Exactly, why the fuck didnt they make it stronger?

Opel/holden owner here

kek

Beancounters be countin I guess

but it was probably 5cents worth of metal to reinforce the jugs/block and strengthen the floating/open deck

jd power is a fucking meme
they collect feedback from owners and won't give it to car companies unless they paid millions
if you're a company like toyota you can then address the "problems" like the cupholders not fitting 128 fl oz cups, if you pay for the research.

jd power is a scam, look elsewhere.

ford isn't amazing on reliability but as with most nameplates it varies widely by the actual model.

come on the engine design on this RS is dogshit

Shoo shoo this is a Ford hate thread

i ran my 2003 taurus without any coolant cruising in town for like 20 minutes.
and once i drove with a blown head gasket on the highway for an unknown lenght of time then went to work with that blown head gasket throwing shit at my windshield the next day to work then drove it to the mech 2 days later, without having any issues ever.
all these repair cost me maybe 900$ over 5 years.

>not only is there a problem with the head gasket, but also a problem with the block design causing the gasket to fail

Ford should just stop making cars and go into manufacturing something that is more fitting of the skill level, like making paper clips or cheese cutters.

the fucking engine HYDROLOCKED

Thats not something easily fixed
Ironically the only engines of theirs i liked is from Australia (Barra and Intec) and Volvo's i5

Oh for fuck sakes, I was in the process of actually owning an RS by mid 2018. Now that I realize the way the engine is structured, I have to look into something else. DAMMIT FORD!

>2016 vehicle dependability study
>2016
>1 year
>being able to tell if your vehicle is dependable
What does dependability even mean nowadays? That the infotainment system is quick?

Wait what?

Back out of that asap

Go get a older model from 2009-2016 maybe?

I am not a fordfag when it comes to hatches

dunno old copypasta, feel free to post the newer one if they've made it.

oh i didnt watch the video completely, it looked clickbaity as fuck

>ford fag btfo
You can google images of JD Power VDS and ford has been in the bottom half for a long time.

nah its not its just the start that sucks ass

basically its just the youtuber mocking ford

Ford should just make a separate division for their trucks then, unless they're doing that because of financial problems then nevermind.

get the hatchback malibu with the ugly brown color

Still would buy a Focus RS way before a WRX and GTI.

At Least the WRX is worth the asking price even if it's ancient

The golf is even more reliable ffs

They just are unappealing to me and I've always wanted an RS. They did ask too much of the block design it's the note 7 of cars. They will fix it soon enough anyway.

I wonder how they will fix the block they could just put in composite pieces to go in between the cylinders and the block and add a better head gasket.

I've always liked Euro hot hatches and sedans
American and jap coupes and wagons
Aussie it's
Detriot trucks

Sadly modern hot hatch's are just chucking horsepower and stiff suspension at simple roadcars and while it makes for good road cars it doesn't make for a good roadcar

Take the type r for example
>Good engine perfect power 300rwhp+
>Good diff
That's it

The rest of the car is just strange from the 3 exhaust pipes to non functional ricer bodykit and dumb driver modes with no custom option

They made a better head gasket but it wont stop the scrubbing blowby

Then there is the issue of the block design itself there isn't a big enough gap between the cylinder walls imho

The joys of clueless people commenting about the reliability of a floating cylinder engine block design. Plenty of companies employ a similar head deck design on their engines without significant warranty issues.

And?

Ford fucked up I'm not blaming floating in general I am blaming Ford specifically.

>Camaro GT4

kek

You do realize that Ford has the worst reliability of any Automotive Manufacturer in terms of powertrain right?

Absolutely.

Apart from their Aussie made stuff it's all junk. My intec is strong but the btr4 isn't and niether is the fucking cunting electrics

Honda under chevy and Buick
OK