Aftermath for the 991.1 GT3's

Since the new generation of GT3's are already starting be delivered (991.2's), that puts the 991.1's on the back burner now.

The 991.1 was actively in production and modern on the market from late 2013 till 2017.

What's interesting to speculate now is how the market will handle these recent 911.1's.

Will they either:

- Keep lowering in price as more generations come out (possibly the 911.3)
- Relatively maintain in price
- Increase in price (we kind of saw that with the 997 GT3's)

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/some-porsche-911-gt3s-are-getting-new-engines-again/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The 991.2 has a manual option again, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 991.1 fucking tanked in comparison.

The speculation and question is, how low though?

I never understand why everyone buys GT3s like they are going to be an investment. Every generation is going to have a GT3 variant.

I doubt we'll be seeing 996 levels of depreciation, but probably below the 997 because of the switch to electric power steering and the whole PDK-only thing. The 997 is still widely considered to be the best driving modern 911.

So under the 100K mark or sitting right on it?

because some Porschephiles are dumb, specifically the ones who buy it for investment. The ones who don't buy it for investment is because they either love 911 GT3s and/or want that streetable track car

I'm no expert by any means, but that seems about right for a less desirable GT3.

Well some people like to have cars that maintain their value well

and those people are cornball ass niggas

How? Just because I don't want buy a 100k car and then have it worth barely a fraction of that after 5 years later like your common BMW's and Mercedes, I'm good..

see the thing about Porsches is they are no where near comparable to something like a BMW or Mercedes. Porsche was and is a sports car company first and luxury second.

while BMW/Mercedes specialty is Luxury. 911's hold their value pretty damn well for the most part

And that's exactly what I'm saying, if you're going to be paying for a 100k+ car might as well be able to sell it back for a decent price when you're ready to move on the car. Yes the car will naturally depreciate in price overtime but that's another reason why you bought it in the first place especially, a 911 GT3, to have fun with it.

OP here, any other thoughts on what's going to happen to the 991.1 GT3's?

w-why are black beetles with silver rims so fuckable

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

No this is THICK

Thicc for a loli maybe

price will remain the same most likely. it is incredibly hard to get GT3 build slots, you have to preorder very far in advance

I was talked about used ones

This is the true thick

991.3? Why?

The 992 is coming in 2018.
It's again larger than the older model, PDK only, turbos in every variant (no word on the GT3 yet, but I wouldn't expect too much), a hybrid variant, digi dash etc..

Purists' gonna purist so I'd expect prices for any used 911 to stay very stable

Also OP and this thread are retarded

didn't post thicc, sorry.

If you're someone who would buying a 991.2 with PDK instead of a manual transmission there could be potential for massive savings on a clean CPO 991.1. Of course there's other features and qualities that differentiate the .2 to the .1, nonetheless they are both beautiful cars regardless of transmission choice, I wouldn't bitch at all about getting to drive any 991 let alone a GT car.

991.1's should have some decent options are far as the used market is concerned. Although, here in Canada the Porsche dealers still sell new 911's to buyers but with the CAD being at times close to 30% lower than USD a lot of dealers and sellers are exporting their used cars to America.

Canada's economic drivers have suffered a lot recently (Oil, lumber, mining, and other natural resource industries.) It's been the perfect recipe for Americans to get some cheap cars from us, we had our opportunity to pillage USA's inventories in 2008 though. Lots of cars in Canada around the 2007-2010 MY that are ex-USA, including my mom's RX350 which was an amazing deal at the time.

that is an r gruppe car, located by the easy garage. super cool group of dudes.

VERY nice tatras if I may say so myself

>991.1 GT3
stay away if you want to live

blog.caranddriver.com/some-porsche-911-gt3s-are-getting-new-engines-again/

THICCCC

Canadian here as well, could be a possible steal if you could get a hands on a used 991.1 GT3 (with low KM) 5-10 years from now after the 991.2 era has passed and the 992 era has been released. Could probably get it at a good price (maybe 90K-100K CAD?) if they are still left on the market and in good condition.