Hi everyone

hi everyone,
i want to finally buy myself my first car. so i thought i'm probably going to damage the bumpers and scratch the paint and cheap cars in germany are probably damaged anyway, so my plan is to buy a salvage car from usa. it's only damaged at the side of the car and it's a manual.
>how much would it cost me
-to pay someone to check the car
-bring it to germany and paying border tax or whatever do i have to pay?
>should i change the door or give to a bodyshop and have it remodelled and painted

copart.com/lot/48229147
thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=255161905&ambitCountry=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=15200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=6&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING
autoauctionmall.com/learning-center/how-to-export-salvage-cars-from-auction-to-germany/
autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712132025619?postcode=w1s1dw&sort=price-asc&year-from=2008&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=335d&make=BMW&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=3 SERIES&radius=1500&page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That B pillar is fucked.
Car's fucked, don't buy it.

kind of sad i thought it was repairable.

bump

Sorry but I have no idea behind your reasoning, why do you not want to buy a car in Germany?

>-bring it to germany and paying border tax or whatever do i have to pay?

Nigga are you dumb? do that research your fucking self. Most people on Veeky Forums are from the United States. fucking retarded turk

i am from germany but i find no use in wasting thousands by buying the cheapest car here who was probably damaged and repaired but turkish or arab dealers who usually sell the cheapest ones won't tell you that of course, business is business. our salvage car choices are very poor and expensive compared to usa

i never did this before, that's why i'm asking, do i have to pay extra apart for shipping, etc.

>buying a smashed up car so you dont buy one you fear has been smashed and repaired

For a start, you first car especially, hoe about something that actually runs and drives?

Do you have HPI Check equivalent?

Work out all the costs of your import and tax etc etc, then add that to your budget

Look at private sales like the link, if the seller seems decent go ahead.

The only time I can imagine anyone importing a wreck from overseas is for something very rare or unavailable in their native country

forgot link

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=255161905&ambitCountry=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=15200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=6&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING

this is a terrible idea and I guarantee you will not go through with it

6k for a first car that i would probably damage, not even manual. no thanks
my point is i need a rust box on wheels because when i break it since i'm inexperienced and autistic i won't kill myself because i didn't pay 8 months of savings for one. you keep misunderstanding me why i want a salavge car from usa

i would gladly buy a salavge car here but it's way more expensive and the damage is worse and there are a few cars available. since you could get a salavge car from the u.s for less than 1k that has a damaged door, fix it and probably get something better than what one could get here as the cheapest option

Looks like fun - from this article you might be best to check before buying that you can insure the car:

autoauctionmall.com/learning-center/how-to-export-salvage-cars-from-auction-to-germany/

thanks, great info, at least you understood me.

Jesus OP, that will be expensive as hell, especially due to all the fees and paperwork you'll have to do such as import papers and TÜV because of muh Bananenrepublik Germanistan.
Kauf dir einfach einen gottverdammten alten Twingo oder so beim freundlichen Vertragshändler um die Ecke. Da hast du deutsches Personal und einen Kfz-Meister der dich und deine Probleme versteht und bekommst ein Jahr Gewährleistung.

What are the laws regarding RHD vehicles in Germany?

Cars in the UK are fucking cheap. Blitzkrieg your kraut arse over the channel, buy yourself a turbo diesel BMW and drive it back.

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712132025619?postcode=w1s1dw&sort=price-asc&year-from=2008&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=335d&make=BMW&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=3 SERIES&radius=1500&page=1

how much would you say approx. will cost to import a salvage v6 or v8 to germany (the documentation)
ich muss mehr für den kfz-meister bezahlen als das, was der twigo gekostet hat

i would of done that if it wasn't right hand drive

That's the trade off for a cheap car. Buying a car from America is fucking stupid and expensive.

Why do you even need a car with your amazing euro public transit system you fags go on and on about? No one is perfect, but it is totally possible not to fuck your car up. I think you are over thinking this and getting lost in your head. No way I would give $500 for that car if I was blasted drunk out of my mind. 196K? Find something less than 150k for god sakes. Just keep saving your money for something decent and local. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

our public transit system is far from perfect.

>just keep saving your money for something decent and local. sometimes you really do get what you pay for

yeah, sometimes. the problem is that because of all these foreign cheap, edgy dealerships, even germans have been corrupted, i'm more than sure any car till or above 20k, from a turkish or arab dealership was probably damaged because there is no way he is selling a low km car for that price. my friend bought a bmw e36 from a turkish dealer which had tüv and they test drove it but somehow after a day of driving it he had to replace the front because of a crack.

Just buy a twingo.

Don't buy from a dealer then. Buy something old without crazy high mileage that looks clean from a white private seller and chances are it may have had a few dings or scrapes repaired but at least you're probably not buying from a professional scam artist

The transport costs are pretty high, for that money you can buy a decent car in germany. I know this since I am from Austria and wanted to import a real american car some time back.
You are better off investing the money in a car in your local area.
Especially since the car prices in germany are so fucking low. You would be dumb to import one and having to deal with all this paperwork and additional expenses.