/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #846 - Fly in the Freedom Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Mania OST - Special Stage ("Dimension Heist")
youtube.com/watch?v=OLcblxrrE0Q

Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Archie Sonic Officially Cancelled; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x1DobVeLIn8
youtube.com/watch?v=yx90TMgFv94
youtube.com/watch?v=hPokfq7xxXY
strawpoll.me/13563230
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_symbolism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Team Dark is the best thing about the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.

Name this team.

Team Best Girls

Team Waifu

Buddy and Infinite should both suffer.

Team Vagina

The Harlot Huddle

Any news?

Cheerleader 1st Squad

About what?

Then it's a good thing Buddy is Infinite.

They thought Marble Garden was the third classic zone, but it probably isn't, now.

Team Estrogen.
>Buddy should suffer.
NO.

Yes.

I see. Well, I was never fond of Marble Garden, but the zone I hate most is Labyrinth Zone, unfair and convoluted.

What flower represent each Sonic character?

Tiny Shadow!

Can't believe Stardust Crusaders is coming to Toonami tonight.

Everyone knows that Jotaro is the worse Jojo.

youtube.com/watch?v=x1DobVeLIn8
youtube.com/watch?v=yx90TMgFv94
youtube.com/watch?v=hPokfq7xxXY

Best JoJo coming through.

Sad Infinite

>Jotaro is the worst Jojo
>Not Jonathan

Not sure about "perfect" but here's the idea I want to develop into a full game:
>linear 3D
>boost formula
>emphasis on speedrunning, parkour, tricks and leaderboards
>heavily modified boost, normal analog speed is comparable to /sthg/'s game with realistic physics, but with a speed cap when not rolling. Boost is now a gas pedal, and you're not invincible, but it lets you reach much faster speeds
>3 acts per zone with an extra boss act
>gradual movement towards different level tropes (act 1 is a forest, act 3 is a beach, act 1 of next zone is on the water etc)
>no booster pads
>no automation, setpieces are a minimum
>bosses are proper arenas instead of constantly running
>only characters are Sonic, Tails, Eggman and Metal (insert here)
>cutscenes between each zone, story isn't deep but with a lot of atmosphere and it might get kinda grim towards the end
>Tails and Eggman speak, but Sonic is mostly silent and/or pantomime
>soundtrack is of Unleashed quality and style with a power metal song for the final boss

Do any of you play an instrument? Can you play an Sonic music?

i wish they'd air the good jojo anime on toonami

>OVA
>good

Sonic = Lilacs
Tails = Fox Tails (not really a flower)
Knuckles = Any mountain flower
Amy = Rose
Cream = Sunflowers
Blaze = Lotus
Omega = A pinwheel

sorry i like actual animation more than ugly computer animation.

that and, you know, some actual violence.

You never cease to surprise me blue hedgehog. I thought that the capsule you were in exploded in space.

Sorry, but Fate bereft me of any musical talent.

Why is he so perfect, lads?

Yes but not anymore: Saxophone and Piano. I cannot play any Sonic music but I wanted to.

Interesting choices. I'm curious why.
And for Tails, why not Foxgloves instead? Puns?

Faker!

Drums. Yeah, though I haven't played much in a while.

On a quest to find the man who killed his waifu

I'm learning the harmonica. I can awkwardly play Escape from the City and the chorus for It Doesn't Matter

> thread number is 846
> previous thread number is 844
You fucked up user

Violin, piano and soon trombone. Even though I play in the local symphony orchestra and I've played for 8 years I'm still trash, so no.

It was the one armed hedgehog.

CODE BLUE

He's artificial and as such superior to natural beings. The faults and imperfections of them don't inhibit him.

I'm so envious of both of you, anons.

Why do you have to be retarded in this thread too, bro?

He has a heart and soul. Aren't those flaws?

Jonathan was the first Jojo so he gets a pass.

But Knuckles wouldn't cheat on rouge for some japanese slut.

Wow that is rude I am reporting you to the cyber police for saying mean things on the internet

Here, let me file that report for you.

He's a fake hedgehog!

Last thread was fucked in the OP and it was really 845. WHy is it so hard to read things, user-coon?

why is ray here insead of blaze or silver?

Don't forget to vote

strawpoll.me/13563230

>Team Lovers.
More like Team Erotomania.

what if you rewrote the charicters and keeped the designs and personaltys as if they were an alt universe verson

>Axe FF's
>More obscure Sonic characters from various Sonic sources get used in place

Not only you guessed it wrong, I also have no idea who the hell is "kkm".

Miles "Tails" Prower?
Miles "Tails" Prowler?
Miles "Tails" Power?
Miles "Tails" Plower?
Miles "Tails" Flower?
Miles "Tails" Meower?

>For every issue about Sally, they could develop Amy Rose. For every spotlight Bunnie got, they could finally give Blaze some time to shine.
>implying Sega would let them get any meaningful development

To make them work, you'd have to overhaul them immensely. Blaze takes Sally's role as the hands on warrior princess, Rotor as an inventor is 100% redundant, Antoine is a coward and has no place anyways, and anything Bunnie can do Team Dark can already do

>Axe FFs
>Brand new OCs take their place
>and they're more obnoxious than the FFs ever were

I just got here, but based on the last couple posts I'm going to just guess all the region-specific peseudonamefags we've got:

Fatoler?
Finn-fag?
That one Brazillian drawfag who always threw his drawings away?

i would love if we could get a bean the dynamite that isn't written by or inspired by ian flynn

>Cream and Shadow
>Team Chaos Elements

What did he mean by this?

Miles "Tails" Shower

>implying the Hooligans, Battle Bird Armada, Wendy and Witchcarters, Honey, Mighty, Ray, etc. won't get the axe for not being relevant enough for the new game-centric comic.

reap what you sow

>SonAmy
>Mighty + Rouge team
>Ray
>Vector + Big stronk team
>Adventure 1and 2 items
Fucking amazing

I'm genuinely surprise seeing so many people wanting to throw away the Freedom Fighters. They are essential to keep the comic interesting, without them it would be like the games, barren and soulless.

essential, no. useful, yes.

>tfw you realise ben shapiro sounds almost exactly like roger craig smith

Does anyone have that image of Katella petting Sticks? I can't find it anywhere.

My interpretation based on
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_symbolism

Blaze - Dahlia - Elegance and dignity (Runner up: Purple Heathers?)
Amy - Violet Roses
Cream - Sunflower- Pure and lofty thoughts
Sonic - Amaryllis - Pride
Tails - Hollyhock - Ambition
Knuckles - Gladiolus - Strength of character, honor, conviction
Shadow - Hydrangea - Frigidness, heartlessness (negative), heartfelt gratitude for being understood

I don't know who Ben Shapiro is, I guess some voice actor?

>FFfags ACTUALLY believe this
Because "Naggy princess", "Redundant inventor", "Coward", "Southern stereotype" and "Generic AI" are such INTERESTING characters am I right?
>Inb4 T-the game characters are j-just as bad

>Blaze takes Sally's role as the hands on warrior princess,

Blaze is also from another dimension. Not that necessarily matters to SEGA depending on the game, but it is a different dynamic. Not to mention the two have completely different personalities.

>Rotor as an inventor is 100% redundant,
He could still diversify in tech that Tails doesn't necessarily focus on, and again there is more to differentiate characters than a single thing they do.

>Antoine is a coward and has no place anyways,
Someone didn't read the reboot. Or even the later pre-252 issues with Antoine for that matter.

>and anything Bunnie can do Team Dark can already do
Again, Bunnie has a completely different character dynamic than Team Dark.

Personally, I'm in favor of having them on the same level as the other cartoon characters and B-list game characters were in the reboot; that is, not main characters anymore, but they'll show up when relevant for a particular story.

>Blaze should be a completely different character
>there's only one type of inventor ever
>I'm going to judge a character by a trait that hasn't been relevant in at least 20 years
>and this one character should be tossed because they're slightly tangentially similar to another character even though everything else is different

I want IDW Sonic to be a completely new thing not attached to previous series.

Some political guy with a really annoying voice
He sounds like he could voice Sonic's brother or something

I wish Shadow's chest fluff was fluffier.

Thanks for the link, user.

The game characters are arguably worse, because non-game characters can grow beyond the overly simple descriptions you've given, whereas game characters are mandated to a certain status quo.

I'll reap you!

Ouch, didn't mean to quote.

Team Sirens

There was a poll in the last thread. The majority wanted them to stay as they are or just become background characters. Don't worry about it

Nope, nope and nope, and don't know them too.

100% appropiate user

But they were like that years ago. Their current personalities were more nuanced and pleasant.

I might look for other websites as well since there's other interpretations, but you're welcome.

He's talking about the same poll that was reposted in this thread

>Blaze is also from another dimension. Not that necessarily matters to SEGA depending on the game, but it is a different dynamic. Not to mention the two have completely different personalities.
But in the en, Blaze can replace Sally when you need a princess. Also Blaze isn't a giant nag

And the "dynamics" are irrelevant when the characters could easily be replaced and have nothing going on anyways

And when Antoine wasn't a coward, he HAD no personality

Blaze and Sally are 100% completely different characters and the only reason you're comparing them is because they both happen to be princesses, and in both their cases bring a princess is actually completely irrelevant to both of their respective characters.

You might as well be saying Knuckles should be axed because hedgehogs and echidnas are both burrowing animals, that's basically the same "logic"

i hate that simplistic arguments like this force me to object and defend characters i don't even like either

but this is really transparent simplification to support whatever dumb point you're trying to make and you should know better.

>FFfags being this desperate to defend their shit characters
Also Rotorags forget that there's already 2 major inventors. He's the most redundant of all. The only way to fix him would be the emphasize the guns part and take away the inventor part. Make him the Sonic version of fucking Doomguy.

The problem with your argument is you're just boiling characters down to a single aspect, really just whatever their "job" is. You even dismantle your argument in your own post. You say differences between characters are irrelevant because you can just replace them, but then you say Blaze is better because she isn't a nag. Which is a character trait that distinguishes Sally from Blaze, something you say doesn't matter.

Two hedgehogs enter. Only one leaves victorious. Who wins?

Blaze is a princess is name only. In reality she's more like parallel dimension Knuckles.

>Also Rotorags forget that there's already 2 major inventors.
Clearly that means we should get rid of one of them, let's get rid of Tails completely because as everyone knows there's only one kind of inventor ever and Eggman has seniority.