Are these worth the $150ish price tag? It seems it would make doing simple jobs faster...

Are these worth the $150ish price tag? It seems it would make doing simple jobs faster, but it also worries me it doesn't have enough torque to either break free bolts or tighten them down to a safe and normal tighten...ing. If these aren't worth it, what mech tool should I buy for that range that WILL be helpful?

Yes it's worth it if you work a lot, I love mine and use it basically every day and it saves a bunch of time.
PROTIP: buy power tools off OfferUp or Craigslist, you can get tools and batteries at half price typically

damn homie nice arsenal, but thats true ill look there. thanks

Just get Ryobi. They've really up their quality with the green tools, it's based Nippon engineering

Why would you get ryobi when you can get Milwaukee for the same price off OfferUp lol

My only experience with their 12v stuff was a drill that was an absolutely gutless piece of shit with a 20 minute battery life.

I wouldn't.

does your arm not work anymore?

Nah, just was curious if this makes the job go by quicker or do car jobs more efficiently.

also you lied to me user, apparently everyone around me is selling their tools only like $20-30 cheaper than retail lol.

Enough to remove an already loosened nut/bolt, not enough power to break them free...
>12v

Give it time I got most of my shit on there, the deals go fast the not so good deals stick around on there for weeks, you gotta be quick

That's because you're buying stolen tools. Literally.

>spending $150 to turn a fucking bolt

It's up to you to determine if they're stolen, if you think they are, don't bit them

Their greatest use is getting a decent amount of torque in an area where you have little to no leverage or throw

Why are you even asking? All tools are worth it. If you haven’t offered the SnapOn man your firstborn child as security against your debt, do you even spanner?

Nah, in all seriousness if you’re a professional or would appreciate the increased efficiency treat yourself. If you’re worried about freeing bolts you need a bar or an impact, if you want to perform safe “tighten-ing” then you need a torque wrench, although (I think) these have a peak torque of about 50Nm/35ft.lb if that suits your needs.

these are worth. co worker has one I use. it doubles as a normal ratchet too.

Milwaukee is trash dont waste your money when you can buy dewalt

Bro, dewalt doesn't even make an electric ratchet lol

Police can still repossess them and force you to perform oral sex for lenient treatment.

How is that even a punishment?
:3c

Does anyone else have one?

It's M12 or air tools as far as I knew

It's not for you. That's why I'm saying you buy stolen goods, you like the secondary dicksucking.

Snapon and Mac have them for sure, my friend has the snapon one.

is your friend also a disgusting furry faggot

No, I don't have any furry friends irl

Just get the new fuel version and try not to break off to many heads with it

>1/4" drive

Nah my nigga just get the 21 gallon central pneumatic air compressor from hf and an AutoZone air ratchet. Same price and u have a compressor for all your power tool needs. Plenty of torque when you have 130psi

>priya rai

Excellent taste

Just get an impact wrench and some good extensions. You'll reach everything and even the cheaper ones have good torque ratings.

I bought a Ryobi 18v with 2 batteries for 299 AUD which is a ripper deal here. 365nm of torque

I only fap to the most exquisite whores.

This, get a 3/8

what do you even do for a living

Mechanic

Ingersoll Rand's cordless line is god tier

I would've guessed bug collector.

air tools and compressors are fucking loud though

I'm sorry I didn't realise this was /lgbt/

This is better

Fit that under a tight space.
You can't.

How are these any different from a regular impact gun besides the package?
I recently acquired a 1/2" Ryobi cordless impact.

K

They don't impact

holy shit you're so fat lmao. the ameribetic meme is no joke

>got so BTFO he has to make up insults

>everyone I don't like is the same person
lose weight fatty

They don't have much force behind them and they don't impact.

They're not for breaking free bolts, but you can use it as a normal ratchet.

Doing things like removing a cover with 8+ bolts holding it in they're a big time saver.
Like dif covers. Very nice when you're doing something like assembling a front end where 99% of the fasteners are low torque 10mm's.
I don't have an electric one, I just use a pnuematic one but not enough to feel comfortable with the feel of torque with them, so I always just use it as a normal ratchet to check how tight bolts are before I leave.

I have the 1/4 drive old style and 3/8 Fuel, good combo. The Fuel 1/4 drive would be ridiculous, way too much power, even the old gen is too powerful for 1/4 drive.

I use 1/4 drive way more than 3/8 or 1/2.

>replying to Alphonse posts
Don't even.

Some people like 1/4 drive, some people like 3/8 drive.
I only use 1/4 if I'm dealing with 9mm/ 3/8ths or smaller, and I'm, usually using a screw driver handle not a ratchet.
I use 3/8ths most of the time if I get my tools all out, unless I'm dealing with suspension/brakes.
If I'm just grabbing a ratchet to do something really quickly I use 1/2" because my impact socket set goes down to 10mm and 7/16ths and they live on rows ontop of my tool box so it's an easy grab.

>I use 1/4 drive way more than 3/8 or 1/2.

That's because you're a weak bitch with tiny nuts.

OBSESSED

>Milwaukee
>Trash
>Dewalt

GTFO Faggot. Clearly you've never used a power tool in your life.

Milwaukee and Dewalt are both fine, you'll find more of them on any jobsite than Bosch/Rigid/Ryobi/Makita.

Makita is great too, but some of their stuff is just ridiculously overpriced because it's a niche tool.

I had a chance to look at their entire lineup years ago at a tradeshow though, and holy fuck they make a LOT of tools. 90% of it will never see a shelf in a store though.

Milwaukee and Makita were always prosumer grade.
Dewalt, while it made a good power tool, was always home owner tier.

But you can't really generalize power tools companies like that.
DeWalt owns the market on chop saws. There is no competition.
And DeWalt nicad codless drills were stronk.

Milwaukee has really taken over the cordless market in the last couple of years though.
They've made some serious moves on offerings.
Basically if you're a plumber, you have Milwaukee cordless tools. And their 1/2 impacts, and now ratches, seem to be almost ubiquitous in auto shops.
While their quality has declined since the move to china, like their jacobs chucks in their drills, they're still a powerhouse in the market.

Guy in my shop bought one to remove caliper bolts faster for quick checks as part of service packages.

1st time he tried it it didn't have even torque and I was able to remove the adjacent bolt and the 2 on the other side with a normal wrench and 2 fingers.

>Buying a tool expecting it to do a job it wasn't meant to do then being mad when it can't

A air ratchet was always meant for speedy threading, not busting nuts. Especially not fuckn high torque commonly thread locked bolts.

>falling for a meme

Dewalt and Makita don't make cordless ratchets, so of the mid grade tools Milwaukee is really the only choice for a tech. The Snap On cordless ratchet is the best, but too expensive. The Matco I don't like because it's slower than everyone elses, also a bit too big. The Milwaukee ratchets are the sweet spot, but be aware that the Fuel ones are a lot bigger than the originals, it's still really nice to have the old style if you are in a tight space.

my brotherinlaw is a plumber and uses dewalt
i use makita and hitachi for carpentry (which probably doesn't matter since it's mostly dealing with wood)
personally i dont buy milwauki or dewalt simply because of how they look
no point in shilling on a teriyaki forum

>Hitachi power tools

Now that's a brand I've not seen in a long time...

The shears and pex tool alone are what bring plumbers to Milwaukee.
Then once you get the batteries you're locked in. Plus brand loyalty is strong, they offer lots of plumbing and electrical tools that aren't offered by the competition.
I love Milwaukee's strippers and electricians screw driver, their drywall saw is also killer.
Klein strippers have a tendency to bind on me. Milkwuakee also makes the best contactless a/c voltage detector.
And while they ain't no fluke, my milwaukee multi meter is the best meter I've ever had.

Sounds like you don't shop at lowes then.

I don't. Home Depot is 10x better. Lowes is bubba-tier.

While I avoid lowes most of the time, Kobalt tools are much better than Husky.
Lowes is just the Pepsi of hardware stores.
Reality is that a jobsite might be 1/2 a mile from lowes and 5 from home depot.
Or Lowes might carry an item you need that homedepot doesn't.
Or homedepot is out of something and the next closest store is lowes.

Pepsi is shit compared to Coke. Objectively inferior and un-American.

But Pepsi owns Mountain Dew.

But you need a compressor for blasting and filling.

More like Mountain Jew. Stop giving your money to those sugarkikes.

There's nothing I can do.
There are no white companies.
There are no white businesses.
I can sacrifice for my volk, but only so much.
I already refuse to give my patronage to independently owned businesses if they're owned by muds.
What more can I really do?

Kick the kike out.
Maga.

Nice.

>buying the red meme
Maybe 30 years ago but now there just Chinese crap using the name to sell to boomers
Go Makita or dewalt have a bunch of both and there great some are older then me
Or you know you could by a socket set

>spanner
YUROPOOR GO HOME

Kek if your goal is to not buy chinese dewalt and makita are no better or worse than milfucke. Makita has a slight edge overall I think but its all color preference at this point.

>there
>then

12 year old detected

>Chinese crap
As in cheap no fucks given just move the fucking tools so we can get money crap
Makita has been the best to me there tools are great they may be Chinese but there made up the street in the slightly better factory from Milwaukees

>attacking someone's grammar on a basket weaving forum
Its like you don't have an arugment

Lol all the major brands are the same, I have dewalt and Bosch power tools along with Milwaukee, it's all the same shit
Back at my old work we had a huge pile of dead dewalt grinders, shit was kek

It's like he is a retarded manbaby who never finished 3rd grade.

Lol hey dude look at me i care about grammer in a non school setting

your thumb looks like a boiled hotdog which someone forgot in the pot for a week lmfao

battery operated tools for vehicles, get milwaukee. if you work on heavy equipement get the m12 and m18 fuel line.

if you work on cars and light trucks. you would be bettet with just regulat m12 and m18 series. the fuel lines are heavier too hold, and i can't think of anything as to why you would need 1,400 ft-lbs of break away torque on a vehicle

>he's never seen a miat thread
you're one lucky newfag then desu

Fully aware that there are many exceptions to the rule, but why would my initial evaluation of someone that cannot use there, their or they're correctly in a sentence be worth more than their inability to spell?
wuld u typ lik dis 2 ur boss wen u ask 4 a $$$ raise? It's about perception and presentation.

Breah this is Veeky Forums