The Grand Tour S2E4

New episode's out - Discuss tGT & TGuk here!

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/silvijajurin/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was meh.

I mean I literally just watched it and I'm already have trouble recalling anything noteworthy.

These fucks didn't learn anything from the first season it's still a scripted unfunny mess.

I just wanted to see the Croatian girl more

Clarkson TV has always been scripted.

Yes but in top gear it wasn't so painfully obvious, the reason that people liked top gear is because the actual jokes came from the BBC writers not the presenters. And Amazons writers don't know shit about British humor, it's so obvious that the script was written by a bunch of American millennials, they overtoxified the relationship of the three and ruined it with their xd rawr randomness. What the show needs is better writers, that's all.

7/10
This is some bretty gud bait, m8

Oh I totally agree. But hey, at least they're still making shows together, and at least it's enjoyable enough to watch all the way through.

I feel like Grand Tour is only a thing because Jeremy Clarkson has two ex-wives and a taste for luxury.

It's written by Clarkson and Willman you dumbass.

>at least it's enjoyable enough to watch all the way through

wrong-o

The problem is lack of innovation. They have this huge bag of Top Gear ideas and they've just dug through it to see what can be rehashed. But as says it's painfully obvious that they're trying to recapture something they weren't entirely responsible for achieving in the first place, so it seems forced, and I feel this is probably how the rest of the season will be.

Admittedly it is better than S1 though.

>it's so obvious that the script was written by a bunch of American millennials
Please pull up the writing credits for GT and post the names of all those American millennials.
We'll wait.

"In this episode we complain about how much you all hate our new show."
Is what Jeremy should have said.

I struggled through the first season finding about maybe an hour of it all actually entertaining, I'm now at this episode. I'm done.

I'm just waiting for if Edd China will ever do a show on his own since he left WD.

Worst episode this season, but actually only because of James bringing the whole thing down; the McLatren review and the awards were good and the guests were hilarious

The only thing I really found entertaining was the stories of factory jackassery at TVR.

I liked it
I didn't like how scripted it felt either, but this episode redeemed itself. They addressed the audience and they showed why they don't do exactly what they want we want them to do.
I still like the show

THERE'S A TWINGO

The new driver is terrible.

You can tell she is bagging it.

do u do meth when watching GT too

The bit about being "unscripted" was annoying.

Trying to tell us we're being unreasonable because we ask for something less packaged.

Clarkson is losing it.

sandbagging?

It had shit all weather tyres on

mi lady

Wish they could review stuff. I'd rather see them fighting base model fiestas, sparks, and hyundais.

I always liked watching the celebrity driving portions where they drive regular cars.

>they showed why they don't do exactly what they want we want them to do.

No, they were being idiots on purpose. Have you seen their interviews? They're perfectly capable of bantering on the fly, and now suddendly they have nothing to say. It was scripted to not look scripted which is pants on head retarded.

I liked how the times varied and you could tell by how the driver wanted their run to go. There was always a big difference between the top half and bottom half of that chart. It made you feel like even your shitbox can fly if you drive it better than some 70 year old celebrity.

Watching them off-cue banter during adversity is the best part of the show, and even THEY don't realize that.

maybe they should have an episode where the three are replaced by DeMuro, RCR guy in his fursuit, and Scotty.

I actually rather enjoyed this episode. It was a bit of a diparture from the the rest of the season so far but still a marked improvement over season one. I also enjoyed the double entendre at the end regarding Jeremy feeding finish line’s “cat”.

She was drop-dead beautiful.

I even said, "damn."

It literally had all weathers on whereas the older model had sticky track tires on

Are you dense or did you just not pay attention?

To be honest once you get used to driving Ford GT's and getting Pneumonia on super Yachts you kind of don't want to go back I'd imagine.

>tfw you will never get pneumonia on a super yacht.

it's europe, of course there are twingos everywhere.

One of the few times where the celebrity segment was actually better than the main piece. McLaren bit was good too.

They did that cardinal sin of making the unscripted film be so obviously scripted it wasn't funny.

The only "celebrity" I know is the hoff.

The should get rid of celebrity face off and talk more about cars

I guess he has finally hit the wall but at least he is listening to the fans

The first three completely underwhelmed me, to the point where I wonder why this is being produced.

Please make the show less american cause it hurts

regards; the not fat part of the globe

here are the essentials for making a great Top Gear era episodes

>three cunts
>three cheap cars
>some drizzle
>some bants and situational humour
>couple of challenges
>minus points at the end for missing doors

And Richard Porter, Top Gear's old writer.

there may be 1 or two of these yet to come

This. Cut the celebrity part, cut hypercars to a degree, add more cheap cars and beer.
James seems to miss those challenges based on todays episode.

I was hyp about this one because it was filmed in Croatia where i live.
The road they driven on is amazing, i've driven there a few times because of work and it's as amazing as it looks

Ah so this is the secret spice that is missing and why Clarkson's other projects never felt as good as 1989-2015 tguk
This.

They don't seem to realize average dumb fans like me are poor white males from 12-65 and love watching 3 farts doddle around in shitboxes spewing mad bantz.

2004-2015 had that shit nailed down perfectly even if it got tiring the specials where excellent because of the unscripted nature.

I appreciate Clarkson's meta humor and the fact he's growing old and getting over this show but for sucks sake either stop or fix it.

The problems are just mounting up and this episode was basically a big fuck you to the biggest fans
>Jeramy this show is too scripted
>Fork u buggers I'mma bleeden script even moar
**Runs show into ground**
>Amazon cans them
>???
I enjoyed cars of the people more than the last couple of seasons of this and tguk under Clarkson anyway and when it comes down to it at least it ain't as bad as YouTube shit or Chris Harris circlejerk where he has nobody interesting to bounce off and they kept the yank and stupid worn out formula

I'm pretty sure Jeremy just wanted an easy season due to pneumonia and having a driver with a broken leg probably meant that filling out insurance in england is a constant pain.

Too bad it will kill the show.

Even 2003 tguk was comfier and better made

I hope he doesn't get Hammond killed and James doesn't quit as he seems to be over it.

Calling it now after tgt Clarkson will retire to the farm where he builds his racetrack and tests out cars similar to Jay Leno and occasionally have captain slow hamster guest star

The seasons are only going to get easier and tamer from here on out. Clarkson has a bad back, a bad neck and a giant cynical chip on his shoulder, Hammond has been seriously hospitalized twice, and may has suffered two concussion and has a growing sense of apathy towards the whole endeavor.
The guys are getting old, they don't want to do crazy shit anymore, the insurance companies don't want them to do crazy shit anymore. No more 24 hour endurance races, no more driving trucks through brick walls, no more crossing the channel in a Nissan pick up.
They need to wrap this up gracefully.

I guess BBC literally dodged the bullet and put them out to pasture at the right time.

All I ever loved was the banter and even that is drying up

Clarkson is the one who would suffer the most at the show's end. Hammond and May have a broader appeal and can get a multitude of different of presenting gigs. Jeremy would be relegated to "controversial panel show guest" and even then, he's not all the controversial anymore.
Plus I get the impression that he's been stupid with his money.

Based Clarkson.

I'd be the same way if I was famous like him from an earlier age (my current age 27)

But sadly all good things come to an end.

If season 3+ are more of this doddery old shit I hope they can it so I get more comfy James may doing comfy things and Hammond chortoling about whatever in his radio persona

>I guess BBC literally dodged the bullet and put them out to pasture at the right time.
The strange thing was, that final series seemed to be picking up the quality again after the previous few had been terrible.

Personally, the car campers segment was a big low.

Most of the studio stuff is what kills it for me. It's less cringy than S1 but it still feels like they're just apeing Top Gear.
The one singer talking about all the shit at the TVR factory got me thinking it would be cool for them to sort of explore the more unseen parts of the automotive world. Like go behind the scenes at a big race track, go be test drivers for a day, spend a day modding shitty cars with broke dudes.
I don't really care who the fastest guy that lives with a bear is. I want to hear crazy stories about guys keeling over in paint booths or F1 drivers fucking each other's wives.

Half way through and this is already by far the beat episode of the season. "Awards" studio segment was actually lulzy, as is the ongoing "not staged" Croatia travel segment.

d-do you guys think Clarkson actually fucked the Croat girl?

*best episode

Also when did the TT become an actual sports car? I thought it was a slightly restyled Beetle?

Any Cr/o/ats here? What's that pretty ass waterfalls that Clarkson and Hammond chilled at?

Also, send Croatian qt pls.

>everything is a beetle
Where does this come from? Why do americans throw such things out?

Unironically, wasn't the first-gen TT based on the then first-gen (revived) Beetle?

Both the first gen TT and the new Beetle were built off the Jetta platform.

No, that whole gag is just another example of Clarkson using the show to gratify his ego.
Also, does anybody else get the impression that Clarkson and May really don't get along anymore?

Because Clarkson has bills to pay.
The truly funny thing is that Clarkson only developed a taste for luxury because his second wife was stinking fucking rich with oil money. She bought him most of his cars and their house in Chipping Norton. He was a kept man for most of classic Top Gear.
Now that he's got to pay his own way we get shit like this to watch.

it's just rocks and water...
WOW...amazing

>says it's painfully obvious that they're trying to recapture something they weren't entirely responsible for achieving in the first place

New Top Gear itself was the brainchild of Clarkson and Wilman, and a good chunk of the production, camera and sound crew (who only worked freelance for the BBC) also moved over to the Grand Tour. I'd say there's more ex-Top Gear staff onboard than not to be honest.

He is still the screenplay editor. I saw his name yesterday.

It was built on the VW Group A platform which is shared by a lot of smaller cars from VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda. It's not 'based' on the Beetle, it just shares the same modular chassis, the same as the Golf, Jetta, Audi A-series, Seat Leon, Skoda Octavia, etc.

Performance-wise, the TT RS is only a hair's breadth off supercar territory mate.

Also they lack a proper track, since this ebola drome is fucking putrid

yeah sadly the engine is facing the wrong way

>cheap
this is the answer to everything. even in this episode:
>clarkson gets audi, supposedly without audisteer
>hammond gets an expensive buggy
>may gets a lada with nigger-rigged stuff
>clarkson and hammond are just running around, boring shit
>may idea actually has potential, would be relatively nice to watch it if it'd get fully executed

they should operate on tighter budget. i can't wait for the episode from intro where hammond was falling over into mud on a bike

It's extremely beautiful in a sort of harsh way. Where is it? Can you help me find it on google maps? What's the lake called?

I'm pretty sure it's Plitvice lakes area, and I'm not even Croatian.

>everyone complains about everything feeling too scripted
>jeremy gets mad and makes an entire episode so scripted it's painful

It'd be funny if you couldn't tell that it ws just jeremy being an angry shit about people not liking his writing.

I'll wait for the episode with the Alfa Romeo Stelvio and I'll be done with this series.

i dont mine x of the week episodes

Its clarkson may and hammonds ethusiasm for cars that keeps me watching as well as the banter.

God you'd think after 30 years they'd figure out why people like them

>Bants
>cars
>adventure
its a simple formula how do you fuck it up constantly?

>Also, does anybody else get the impression that Clarkson and May really don't get along anymore?
they admitted that LONG before TG uk split back in 2015 in interviews
his writing has always been very "clarksony"

>people finally realise they use scripts and get mad
>our lord and savior jezza makes overscripted episode about what the show would be like unscripted le epic troll xD
>this makes autists even more upset

i love that man

By getting old, fat, and useless. And because it seems like they can only bear to work with each other anymore because of the paycheck. Ever see a band that was just about to break up? It feels like that.

>they don't like working together

where do you retards get this shit lmao

I actually liked this episode a lot.

I think the autism in this board is getting too strong...

>Ever see a band that was just about to break up? It feels like that.
;_;
literal interviews from 2014-2016

its been sour for a while.

>Much as I think he's a knob, I quite like working with Jeremy.
James May OBE, 2015

i wouldnt be suprised if jeramy just retires out of the blue

hes said multiple times he'll stop when hes not having fun anymore.

I'm not unconvinced that James cutting his hair between principal shooting and studio shooting was a passive aggressive way to annoy Jeremy.

>what is bant?

>may don't hurt me

Jeremy is notorious for contradicting himself.
I honestly don't think he's been having fun since about Season 18 of TG, but he's got nothing else going.

i actually laughed pretty hard at james may trying to contain the bushfire. to top it off getting his firecar destroyed by 6 tons of water which didnt even douse any of the flames out

>he thinks they're being thuper thereal

you people have 0 social ability

>Jeremy is notorious for contradicting himself.
true
lol you think my posts are serious on this shithole then youre the one with the social reee

it's on the Island called Pag, and that is not a lake, it's the Adriatic sea

I dunno long hair is extremely annoying

I felt like I was waiting for the episode to start all the way until the end
probably their most boring episode yet

Can I get Sylvias IG please?

instagram.com/silvijajurin/
here you go famalam

A little late but I finally watched episode 3 and I must say the Un Rendez-vous homage with the Chiron was fantastic.

muh dcik

Another instanteneous fast forward of the literally who celebrities face off. I think the BBC is fucking with them not letting them do fun stuff btw

Seriously, though. How much are they paying you to keep posting these threads? How do i apply?

ironically, compared to season 1, Celebrity face off is becoming the best part of the show, partly because it's 2 unrelated celebrities competing against each other and sharing some stories, which makes it more interesting, and the half gravel racetrack seems pretty fun