Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases in the west in Fall 2017, yes, Europe as well
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous thread:

I refuse to support EOV's localization unless elitist shit is removed.
Warp wires should have unlimited use and you're given one for free before entering B1F.

Girls can love mutant sea creatures!

Your first demand might be in Basic difficulty.
Your second demand probably not - so no necrololis for you.

Might as well just give you the maps, that is unneeded difficulty that relies on the user remembering that they need to map

>basically the cover party with chuuni instead of nene
Which happens to work way better

gunner-chan, zettai makenai!

EO needs more one way doors that lead to dead ends.

remember to always hold your potato's hand!

degenerate.

Post your favorite EO streamers. Here are mine.

These kind of girls are a redflag for me.

>tfw when you have the perfect plan to defeat Scylla by offering up your ninja clone as bait, but the dumbasses you've grouped up with just stand and watch while the sea monster falls in love with your clone

What will happen when I fuck her?

probably a charged element + spear assist from her parents

Nice tits

what?

Best way to grind levels in EOU postgame, with all the instant death and accuracy debuffs it 6th stratum doesn't make for good grinding

Picnic Dancers

STOP DYING

Who wants to bet they just wont ever fix stuff like this?

somebody cast war revive so I dont have to bump twice

Hiroooooo

MOOOOOOOOOT

Is this the new EO ui?

Are we sure that AtlUSA is a group of English natives who learned Japanese and not the other way around?

If you read the credits after a game I think it's majority English names.

But the website's problems are typos, not translation errors. They probably rushed it.

ayy

ricky.png

DELETE THIS

Will you have a potato in your party?

>medieval(-ish) fantasy setting
>camouflage

the potatoes in xenoblade already upset me, I'm not touching EO's, even if they are far cuter

yup

only for hugs and not fugs though

do not lewd the potato!

Too late, the potato has been lewded.

CRIMINAL SCUM

>you'll never have fun with a pink masurao for a day

can the 4 sword specialty jerk off 4 guys at once?

Those are some fuckable tits...

Panda leak when?

don't open

I opened it. Now what?

Cute diaper

Do saplings in the game over screen mean our death brings new trees?
Are they actually canonically evil?

Gunner is better than Ricky.

Gunner is Ricky with a different hairdo.

Wrong

I am convinced - Gunner is better than Ricky.
Kemonomimi win every time.

I want to rub their ears.

Fuck, two evilroots ambushed and ganked my whole party

Bunny Gunner.

Has she cut holes in her hat?

>Re-download EOIV
>Completely forget about how I've arranged my min/maxed party
>No idea where I'm meant to put my remaining skill points, Runemaster is impossible to fully level without resting from lvl 99
>Landy is randomly a physically oriented frontliner that focuses on Swift Stab instead of linking
>"Why the fuck isn't my Landy linking?"
>Blood Surge + Vanguard + Charge -> Swift Stab deals 3000 to 4000 damage per attack.

Linkers need a party build around them, so if you don't want to run a Dancer, Sniper or Runemaster a pure physical Landy works fine.

I've got a Sniper and I'm considering resting the Landy to work off the Sniper, since Squall Volley procs basically all of the links.

Still, I'm seriously surprised that the Landy is hitting that hard considering how tanky she is, even with Vanguard active.

Landy has some good damage especially if you are using Bushi and dual wielding (Bushi gives more damage for dual wielding, Landy gives more defence).

With only Runemaster and Sniper I would probably not try linking.
Multi-hit attacks activate 1-4 links (if they hit at least four times otherwise they activate at most their number of hits). So if you are unlucky you get two proccs out of them which sucks.
Any normal attack is guaranteed to activate a Link - so Blade Flurry always gives you two activations. Together with Sword Dance it can go up to 8 which is why Dancer/Nightseeker works so great with Linkers.

With Dancer, Sniper and Runemaster (and maybe a Fortress for defence) you get 4 activations when everything goes wrong which is still not great.
But! But. Very little needs to go right for you to hit the maximum activations of Improved Link.
Without Dancer/Nightseeker a Link party is very inconsistent.

Initially there was actually a Dancer in the group alongside the Sniper and the Runemaster, but I found that Squall Volley + Galvanic Rune was hitting the maximum number of links consistently enough.

Looking back over my party, it appears that I removed the Dancer in favour of an Arcanist for binds, swapped the Landy to being a self-reliant front liner that was just generically good, and moved the Sniper into being, like, an anti-bind character with Divine Arrow.

>P5 anime confirmed

And so the milking begins. I hope you guys enjoy PQ2 as your EO title for the year

I'd say it's a pretty strong team as is.
It's not all out damage like a Linker party but has more utility.
Since your Landy is giving good damage, I don't think you need to completely change everything you are doing.

War Revive!

It was pretty obvious - they are about to salvage the assets in EMD but EO is pretty much over.
We probably wouldn't even have gotten a localisation if not for constant twitter harassment. Only by hurting their marketing for other titles did we get any love.

Last night I dreamed there were like half a dozen more Etrian games.
They were smaller in scope and more story focussed, fleshing out the lore and characters a bit more but offering the same dungeon crawling goodness.
Then I woke up and was sad.

Not sure if I spent too much time on here or not enough...

>Last night I dreamed
>>>/facebook/

You know how resting at the Inn costs 5 more En for each day that passes? It starts off costing ~100 En and ends up costing upwards of 500 toward the end of the game?

Does it worry anyone else that that could potentially mean that, given enough time, sleeping at the Inn could more En than you'll be able to generate? Like, you might be able to generate 100,000 En a day, and the Inn will cost 100,005 En?

This bothers me far more than it should, but I don't like the idea of the Inn becoming impossible to use in the super, super endgame.

>You know how resting at the Inn costs 5 more En for each day that passes?
It doesn't. Inn costs scale with their level.
In modern games is your highest level times 5 and in EO and EOII it was something strange like the levels of your first four characters combined times 2 or something.

Also it does not start out costing 100en - you would be barely able to afford it if you get 4 or 5 en for early game drops...

If that was the case which it isn't there would be plenty of points in labyrinth to restore tp for free by that point, also everything will be over after 60 days minimum

Thank god, I'm so relieved.

That depends on your definition of "over". I'm in the middle of grinding to 99 to retire for some delicious min/max autism.

After you retire Inn prices will go down.

Also if you just want days to pass (like to grind boss materials in EOIV) just get a brand new recruit at level 1 and let them sleep over and over at the Inn.
It's way cheaper that way (but only characters that actually sleep get healed so no cheating there).

Get up!

no

What's your least favorite FOE and why is it the Boulder Boar?

I can't even find a good photo for it, but just know I despise it for all of the maps it's ruined.

This one?
I kind of like them - they have a puzzle element and they are stupid.

I hate Mantises - especially those that have a row-wide instant death skills. If they were at least not also damage sponges they wouldn't be so bad. But they are so they are.

That's the one.

The head stones in EOIV. These shits are so useless that you can even kill them with just auto attacks.
What a fucking shame.

That's why Wiglaf and Kirjonen can get into random battles with two of them - in areas these things can't even reach...

that thing on its own convinced me that the people behind the balance of new EO games are assholes

It's so ugly.

Those guys raped the shit out of me several times before I figured it out.

I loved it.

Red Rocket.

For the uninitiated, what's the issue with these?
I'm guessing it's something like "Bind the Head / Legs"?

Their rather strong line-piercing skill uses the head.
If you head-bind them they eat the bind, heal themselves for 5k HP and increase their damage for four turns.

>Horn Smash: Uses the head. Deals 200% melee STR-based Stab damage, with line-piercing effect.
>Do or Die: Used the turn after head is bound. Cannot be disabled. Purges all binds from the Charging Rhino, heals it for 5000 HP, and increases its physical attack by 50% for 4 turns. Has priority.
>Conditional: Kill while head is bound.

>Conditional: Kill while head is bound
Whew. You mean kill after using a Formaldehyde?

Grinding Formaldehyde sucks in EO2U.
Headbinding them and killing them in the same turn is easier.