/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
-The TrustZone code has also been dumped. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/889556685353881600
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible.
-A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432

>DSi
[Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI

>Vita
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2017/07/06/adrenaline-bubbles-manager-released/
psxhax.com/threads/injecting-ps3-cfw-games-on-ofw-4-81-without-a-cfw-console-guide.1186/
gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>nintendo bans my 3ds
oh no wait they didn't because im not a retard who fell for tranny cfw meme
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon anyway
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping because vita has no games
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
>use that money to order myself a pizza from domino's
oh wait i dont because domino's is trash
>go to based little caesars instead
>get a hot n ready pepperoni pizza
oh wait i dont because im not a poorfag
>go to costco
>order a cheese pizza
>go home and eat my pizza
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony and domino's and fuck little ceasar's

Hey guys. Sorry to plague you all with a retarded question. But I'm trying to install boot9strap into my 3ds, and I have the legend of zelda four swords anniversary edition. Does this version work or do i need the origanal version?

Reminder that DS loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

#
Wii: Kirby Return to Dreamland, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (subspace emissary is co op), New Super Mario Bros. Wii and all it's notable romhacks (like Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii). Epic Mickey 2 has co op but i never tried it.

Why don't you guys rename this general to /pfg/ - Poor faggots general?

should I install enso?

So where is the best place to buy an SD2Vita card. I see so many sellers on Ebay with prices from 2-12 dollars and I want the cheapest but it all feels shady as shit. Who do I trust?

Woah. So THIS is the power of paying for games.

also, does enso fix the bug where your vita can't recognize your memory card after leaving a game in sleep for a while?

add Metal Slug Anthology and basically everything you can emulate on the Wii. Platformers, Contra, Secret of Mana, Racing games, whatever.

China

I'm not about to be first and get console banned. I would wait.

Aw man. Then i was like, "What games are you playing, /hbg/?"

>2DS/3DS in the OP picture again

I did it for you.

>buy Vita game from the store
>have to carry around all those little game carts

>pirate vita games
>no game carts needed lol

Why is that anime girl wasting shampoo like that? The stuff costs money.

hey I really want to inject Mother 20th Anniversary Edition over EarthBound Beginnings, but the Wii U VC injection tutorials I can find ask for a program that doesn't seem to exist anywhere on the internet anymore. Does anyone have the program (RetroInject), or a Wii U VC injection tutorial that works without it?

Reposting since I didn't get any answer:
Will a powersave or another hacked 3ds still be necessary to do a softmod on 11.4 once ntrboothax get released?

so will my wii u provide enough power to run an external hard disk by itsself? or will i need a y connector?

>vita autosynced trophy info with PSN
FUCK

How come whenever I try to install a retroarch VPK on my vita, the thing freezes? I want a NES emulator damnit. The obly one I got to work is the SNES emulator.

Please respond.

Is that bad?

Dumb question, but is every version of the 3DS currently hackable?

I have pirated games on it so yes

>hacks psvita
>Literally 0 games worth playing.

sonyggers?

If I buy a Vita today, will I be able to activate it?

Is it possible to do any sort of piracy on the newest type of PS3? Guide said no CFW but are there any entrypoints you can use for just game loading off an external?

I also just updated to the latest memeloader. How long before b9s is obsolete?

Yes
No

Wrong.

Why not?

You got me on that one, I actually tried to install enso just now and it took forever. When i finally thought i had it my Vita turned into nerve gas and now im

>unironically playing nepshit

Does anyone else have a problem with the N3DSxl d-pad, where whenever you turn the console on it sorta sticks and makes a popping sound and doesn't register inputs? Normally I just grind it around and eventually when the sound goes away it registers again, like air's getting under it or something. Is this common?

So does this mean I can just update my hacked N3DS to 11.5 and it'll be fine?

>he connected to psn on his hacked vita

I was transferring saves

Also on PC and PS4.

Ok I istalled Enso on my VitaTV. Now what do I do?

Turn it off an turn it back on. Wow you did it!

Can I play online with a CFW'd Vita?

and then what?

yes

English text option?

>that feel when I found my lost psvita in your father's car from 3 years ago
>firmware 3.00

wait how did you get my father's car from 3 years ago and how do you know about me

IS there a way to successfully copy data from one SD card to another with on firmwares above 9.0? Or no?
Example: Theme copy/transfer

I think it is technically possible, but nobody developed a simple way to do it. Actually, I don't think anyone ever did at all.

Return my vita Jamal

Of course not you fucking retard

Just wanted to thank you guys for the very helpful Wii tutorials. Got HBC, BootMii and a NES emulator loaded with all my ROMs in minutes!

So now that I've installed Enso what are some mast have Vita homebrew apps?

Im trying to instal Vita games but everytime i install a maidump game the game crashes with an error.

Does using molecular shell to usb transfer maidumps somehow fuck them up?

Does Adrenaline count?
If so, get the bubble creator as well:
wololo.net/2017/07/06/adrenaline-bubbles-manager-released/

>check out the pastebin
>download Vita Homebrew Browser
>crashes on startup every time

Bumping my question.

I do this all the time to remote play

You'll have a hard time putting a GBA cart into a 3DS.

thats the only version of it so yeah it works for the system transfer method

advremap is suprisingly good if you have an l2r2 grip.

How do I activate my VitaTv to install adrenaline?

psxhax.com/threads/injecting-ps3-cfw-games-on-ofw-4-81-without-a-cfw-console-guide.1186/

So... does this shit work? Does it allow me to pirate games on current firmware? Any ban risks?

>N2DS XL is absolute shit and hard to hack
>N3DS XL prices are raising
>N3DS is out of production

Why the fuck is it so hard to find a good N3DS XL?! I don't want to pay $210-250.

You've only had 2 years to get one already.

not hard to hack the dsiware method is easy and itll be even easier to hack with magnethax anyway

cool! thank you!

Haven't they removed the necessary DSi games from the eShop?

Is there an up to date guide somewhere for PS3? I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information floating around and am thinking of getting the E3 since they are about half of what they used to cost.

y-cables are almost always mandatory with WiiUs.

>tfw you can now safely have your vita in constant flight mode, only enabling wifi if you absolutely have to download something to the Vita via some homebrew app and cant just usb transfer it over.

That being said. Has anyone got that english patch to work with I am Setsuna (JP)?
I got the game, I run the patch exe. It modifes the folder with the underscore, but the game is still in jp after I install it.

Its odd. I mean to get one translated game to work,(that rhythm game one), I had to run the translation VPK in molecule shell (the older version) because it would fail at 99% on the latest vitashell.

>N3DS XL prices are raising

whut

>tfw you run 2 hdds on your wiiu. One with GC and Wii games masked from the WiiU and detected by a modified build of USB Loader GX, and the other one with WiiU games installed.

I use a powered USB hub to do it. One usb port from each drive in the hub, one in the back of the WiiU.

dsiware game injection has been a thing since the 4 games got taken off the shop

let me tell you something user the dsi is less secure than the psp. lots of the dsiware game should be vulnerable

Doesn't it not worth with pirated DSi games?

never has, the games are pretty cheap though

learn japanese

yifan lu just put up some news on psn activation
gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
its bad news.

>gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
that sucks

And what does this mean for plebs? Does it just mean spoofing is stopped or is it a banwave

>Need F00D to activate Vitas now
Oh hey, this meme is back.

There;s no story in these games anyway so all you have to do is learn the item and spell names

sony updated the challenge / response for activating vita systems its not a ban but it keeps new people from using henkaku. we need a f00d hack to get past it.

Doesn't matter, I never take my PSTV online anyway.

So if I power down my Vita, I can't get it again unless I use offline installer? I basically can never take it online again or risk being unable to use Henkaku?

How did people not activate their Vitas? If you never used it legit for like 3 seconds then you still had the pretty big spoof period. Latefags don't do yourselves any favors.

It affects activation, not using Henkaku. I don't have PSN account of any kind and all the games work fine anyway. Most likely, this will only be felt by people using QCMA to transfer their files.

>BASED sony smashing down vitafags just as soon as they get something nice

So, I have a PSN on my Vita, but because I've already used Henkaku once I'm unaffected?
Sorry for idiocy. I'm just curious and don't wanna fuck up by accident.

Great times to be Nintenbros, amirite?

They most likely reformatted their vitas for a clean enso install.

Great time to be on 3.65.

At the end yifan recommends to backup a file, what does that file have and why is there a need to make a backup? I won't be able to get to my vita in a week but since I don't even have wifi turned on on it, sony won't be able to delete or change the file while I can't use it, if that's what they may do.

Is it possible to downgrade my 11.5 firmware back into 11.3?

It's unclear for now. I do know that games dumped from carts (Maidumps and VPKs) don't need activation.

The only way you can permanently fuck up if you decide to update firmware due to panicking.

>what does that file have and why is there a need to make a backup?
Presumably it's the file that stores the activation data for your Vita. Backing it up would probably mean you could restore it in the event your Vita gets deactivated somehow.

The file is probably literally a 0 or 1 to confirm the console is activated.
If you've got a 1 then it'll save hassle if your console goes nuts in the future.

Thank you user