Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YrqEzYqQ-b8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neighborly memento that a game with no potent keepaway is not a fighter that should hold anyone's attention.

Neighborly memento that in its month following release Tekken 7 has lost a larger proportion of its concurrent player base than SF5 did within an identical time window.

Neighborly memento that DBFZ will be a badly formulated fighting game with woeful zoning, disappointing movement in comparison to the Marvel series, single assists per character, and little character archetype versatility.

play Cummy's game

Will fighting games ever reach this level of greatness ever again?
youtu.be/YrqEzYqQ-b8

Asked in the previous thread;

Anyone have any issues with router settings and GG Xrd (rev 2):

having connection issues with myself and a friend (other games have been fine in the past don't know if it's different ports or what)

I think some a.i. get sudden harder once every 5 enemies or so, then it's easy again, rinse and repeat

Play Weiss

short haired cammy makes my heart go doki doki

>Rank doesn't matter.
>Let me keep posting this shit.

Calm down rashid

Hello Doug I am big fan of your videos

How do I zone with Dizzy?

Well is it only for GG or is it fucked for another game as well at the moment. Did you try restarting your router?

Playbirth

doug can you PLEASE sign my youtube channel

me in the window

Is there was a Morrigan release by Tamashii Nations, would it be a S.H. Figurarts or a Monsterarts?

Jaina is so busted.

only GG, played skullgirls/terraria/other games before just fine

Live action sonya looks hot

host that room
me as the tree

Hori RAP N or Qanba obsidian?

I don't know where those numbers are from but if they're true I'm almost scared to ask how much Rev 2 sold.

Why do you not button up your pants

If you still have SFV installed you should uninstall it and start playing anime fighters like everyone else.

>RWBY isn't actually yuri

what's the point

Okay so let's break this down
Character trailer 1: Six Characters and two stones
Character trailer 2: Seven Characters and a stone
Character trailer 3: Eight Characters and a stone
Character trailer 4: Five Characters and a stone
So that leaves one stone left, and given that the roster is evenly split between Marvel and Capcom as of the SDCC build it's safe to assume that whatever is shown in character trailer 5 will keep the roster at the even 50/50. Obviously the stone is going to be the soul stone, since it's the only one left, so in terms of characters, let's run down in order of likelihood
>Jedah
Literally confirmed, we already saw him in action at the EVO exhibition. Gamora was also shown here and was later showcased in trailer 4, so it's safe to assume that Jedah will head trailer 5
>Dormammu and Firebrand/Red Arremer
Confirmed thanks to the leaked Spiderman/Deadpool variant cover. Extremely likely to make the next trailer and pair up fairly well together.
So that takes care of who we know is definitely coming to the base roster. From the .zip leak, we can pretty solidly rule out Grandmaster Pluto and the Dahren Morren, given the fact that both were shown in the story trailer alongside Black Panther, but only he was confirmed as DLC (and the fact that one of them is a giant fucking worm).
So taking out those two, already confirmed characters, and obvious story mode enemies/assists, we're left with
>Death
>Ghost Rider
>(Monster) Hunter
>Venom
>Winter Soldier

Ghost Rider seems the most likely to appear in the next trailer, as he's an MVC3 veteran, has no foreseeable story connections, and would fit well with the sort of demonic/hellish theme that Jedah, Firebrand, and Dormammu set up. POTENTIALLY, the trailer could end there, and that would be the roster. Showing off Sigma and Panther, as they're likely to be Day 1 DLC, is also a likely possibility. (Cont)

Poor Blake, I haven't seen anyone talk about wanting to play her.

:(

someone said at least 40k earlier but didn't source it

>inb4 the hunter is the MC from the upcoming minster hunter movie

Winter Soldier and Hunter are both newcomers, which means they could easily be DLC characters 3 and 4. What has me questioning this however is the fact that they're in this leak, whereas solid candidates for DLC characters 5 and 6 are nowhere to be found. Granted, Capcom is no stranger to putting near-complete content on disc and selling it as DLC when the time is right, but for now I'll play devil's advocate and say that Soldier and Hunter have a chance of making the launch roster and debuting in character trailer 5.

That leaves us with only two characters: Death and Venom. I personally don't believe that death will be playable, I think she'll be a story mode character that may be included in order to pseudo-recreate the Infinity Gauntlet storyline with Thanos. I won't rule out her playability, especially since there are theories that Hela in the new Thor movie is really lady death, but I don't see it happening.

As for Venom, I don't like the way that things are looking for him. With or without death, he would upset the roster in favor of marvel, and there is no evidence so far of a Capcom rep to balance him out. This is in tandem with the other symbiote files found, which will likely be story mode enemies in the vein of the Ultron drones and the xguadians. He'd also be a returning character, which ruins his chances for a season 1 DLC slot. While granted, a lot has probably changed since that leak got out, and perhaps one or more Capcom reps have been decided upon, I would say that the worst case yet very possible scenario right now is that Venom is not playable, and is only a story mode boss.

can you stop posting this please

Fuck off. There's literally 2 people online BB and 7 people online GG right now. They each have over 300 hours played on the game. Good luck learning when you are literally crouched in the corner getting fucked by Sin mid screen.

I do. >=(
I'd like to think she'll be the speedy type with her whippy thing to fight at longer ranges alongside flips and shit.

I wish Urien was in mahvel the cube stone and his barriers would have been hilarious

and then the teabag/taunt to finish it off when you clearly don't know how to play, thx for the rape, gonna go preorder mvci now

Daily reminder that Rashid is canon homosexual and dating a big muscle bound genie.

>do the trials and play 10 matches against cpu
>watch some match footage
>play and ask them
Literally every fighting game is like this, you learn by losing.

tfw the heat makes it impossible to play for more than an hour

hori

iktf

fake news. I was just playing GG and there were tons of players lobbies

Goddamn Kolin looks ugly.

why are you here? tekgen bully you too hard?

eh it's not liek there will be secret characters

characters will be a part of the roster or story only/dlc

So in summary:
>worst case scenario
Character trailer 5 reveals Jedah and Dormammu, Firebrand and Ghost Rider, while previewing Sigma and Black Panther and possibly announcing Winter Soldier and/or Hunter as DLC.
>better case scenario
Character trailer 5 reveals Jedah and Dormammu, Firebrand and Ghost Rider, and Winter Soldier and Hunter, while previewing Sigma and Black Panther
>best case scenario (given the evidence of the leak so far)
Character trailer 5 reveals Jedah and Dormammu, Firebrand and Ghost Rider, Winter Soldier and Hunter, and Venom alongside one additional Capcom veteran (maybe Captain Commando, given that both were newcomers to the first Marvel vs Capcom), while previewing Sigma and Black Panther

Do you guys not have air conditioning?

Why do you think I only have one thread open at a time?

>tune into injustass for 3 minutes
>green lantern using 3 skills to zone and not taking a hit

who watches this shit

mvci seems rushed

the fac that they don't have a build with complete build with the full roster at these expos less than a month from the game going gold is telling

keep that RAM cool, user

So I found this in my closet. 20 years old. Thought I'd share this with you.

Nope.

"we can patch it in"

Is Abigail good for a beginner?

Why?

Rainbow Mika had a disappointing amount of muscle in SF5, hopefully Blair has plenty of it in Fighting Layer Ex

Backs of the cards.

his combos arent tough and he spits out a lot of damage but he has a couple rough matchups

pls help :(

Don't use it. I don't even turn on the fan because I'm mad cheap.
My children are going to suffer.

>dudes dress normally
>girls dress like sluts

Every time

Sounds like real life

I feel like these came out of a strategy guide or something. I remember having something like those.

what

i'm going by what was the trend with t7, injustice 2 and hell even sfv

Is Fantasy Strike going to be popular?

that isn't even exclusive to video games

Real games dont do this.

No because it looks like ass

Does Abigail have to commit to the run grab, or can he change it to a punch at any time?

Does his front flip hit high then low? I keep getting it by it.

Played the game, no

am i retarded for considering buying a switch just for twintelle?

I had something like those too but for SF2 and MK3.

no. wait 2 years for them to be cheaper and actually maybe have some games

not that i expect any of you to know but holy fuck when the fuck does focusattack restock. everything i want is O.O.S

horrible image

this is a tornadoman

you right
kind of curious to see high level arms play even though i'm not sure if it's even a fighting game

Worst character in SFV design wise.

no, but it'll always be /ourgame/

We get it Cammy

nope

Post 30 seconds of you artisting.

I'm sure you can get a better framerate than that.

>gundam versus
>sfv gets a fun dlc character
>dq11
>dbfz demo im september
things are pretty great
now i just wish arcsys would announce something for xrd. not everyone jumps between bb/gg releases

>something for xrd
Rev 2 just came out.

daisuke already ruined any hype by going "next char? uh robo ky i guess"
he didn't even sound that excited

>Kolin

See Me in st in 7 hours

Valle is a fucking dork kek

Is Jon Jones basically dhalsim

das fine.

Better having some rough match-ups that you can cover easy with several characters as potential secondaries (or just grinding the matchup) vs many rough match-ups and the inabiltiy to plug them with one character.

When he runs he can garb, punch, flip kick (overhead) or parry.
The grab catches you if you try to block the punch and the flip kick, the punch catces you sometimes if you jump late and its safe on block, the flip kick catches you trying to block low or trying to avoid the grab but its very punishable on block, the parry is for one of those " i read your read" situations where he uses it to parry the button you press after neutral jump you do to to punish his throw with a full jump in combo. He gets a juggle after that parry.
The best thing to do in to jump over him when he runs.
Front flip flip where he hits with his hands isnt an overhead but its plus on block so you have to be ready to anti air it. Its pretty slow too.

and he calls him master...sick!

>daisuke already ruined any hype by going "next char? uh robo ky i guess"
Apparently that wasn't translated correctly. He said Robo-Ky is the character he'd like to do next, however it may not be completely up to him.