Badge whoring

would you pay more for an inferior product just because of the badge?

>Fiat infront of Porsche, Audi, Mercedes and BMW

you typed VW twice for some reason. but yeah those cars have all kinds of meme suspensions and transmissions that get replaced every 20k miles while fiat makes simple shitboxes of inferior quality but they still aren't as bad as a say an audi 2.7 engine or the bmw n54

>porsche that low

Aren't they usually right at the top?

---never---

only in meme ''dependability survey'' which basically asks the owner if they're satisfied with the number of cup holders the car has

the last few fire recalls porsche had should tell you about the ''quality'' of their engineering. eg their shit borders on criminal negligence. that's how bad they are.

but yeah fast and fun to drive

Fiats are much cheaper to repair and that's taken into account so it doesn't necessarily mean they're more reliable

>Renault, Peugeot and Fiat infront of VW and Volvo

My experience with Porsche is more for >10 year old ones, but all of those seem to be pretty good. Have they gone downhill?

the repair costs are separate from the reliability index. you have to go click on a particular model to see it's average repair cost
VW was never reliable. volvo's haven't been for like 15 years

Yeah, but those two were solidly average. The French cars, last I checked, were all colossal dumpsterfires when it came to long term reliability.

only citroens and that's mostly due to their older suspensions and (some) mitsubishi engines. and I'm saying some because the 2005 lancer is the most reliable car ever even if the brand as a whole doesn't make a strong show

That's what I'm getting from the first sentence on the results section

>Separately to this figure you can also look at the average cost of repairs for a particular make or model

I think it's saying that specific list "Reliability Index" takes into account all those things
As in it's not simply a list of what brand has the most failures

Brand A may have a higher reliability index than brand B but still higher number of failures if the difference in repair costs is low enough to offset the score

you might be right. it's still easily the most accurate representation of brand quality out there though and toyota case shows that repair costs don't influence things all that much

I just don't trust brand rankings so much. It should be broken down by model, or be shown in a range of reliability from worst to best

>bong data
your opinion discarded

t. buthurt kraut

funny enough i drive a 3 times crashed 05 lancer with a fucked steering column.
needs an oil change 1000 miles ago and the driver side window wont roll up

In independent non-subjective tests yes, look at the ADAC or TV reliability rankings for accurate information.

So fiat is the superior product and if you choose anything else you're a badge whore?

they have individual model rankings too
kek I had a lancer that got crashed twice with frame damage too. the interior was pure plastic but still refused to rattle. meanwhile 80k audi rattles out the factory door. PREMIUM yo
seems to be above average reliability wise take that as you will

What if I'm not the poorest of poorfags and I can afford something better than a fiat?

well I wouldn't recommend a fiat even if you're poor

>Jeep drivers

They even have that gay ass wave and try to make their grill/lights "angry"
There are many other just as capable if not better offroaders out there

Highly doubtful, as live axles and coil springs make the best offroad setups.

Motorcyclists all over the world choose to buy less reliable machines for a more enjoyable experience
I don't understand why "car enthusiasts" can't fathom a rawer, soulful car might need more attention

Veeky Forums is full of poorfags not auto enthusiasts
Who cares if it takes their fwd shitbox 10 seconds to reach 60 mph at least their car is ""reliable""

>you typed VW twice for some reason
3 times*

yea bro the self driving self parking german 500 turbo electronically nannied german abominations being made right now are raw as heck xD

Ladies and gentlemen, according to this thing we have here, the most reliable car you can have, new, today, in Blighty, is a Daihatsu. Moreover, ladies and chaps, the Daihatsu is 21 times more reliable than Honda. 21 times. Can you imagine being 21 times more reliable than Honda? That's like being 21 times more youthful than Jackie Chan.

Ladies and gentlemen, the 2018 Daihatsu Peronua Kenari is the car that fills your pockets. The fast food that makes you thin. The cigarette that cures cancer. The literature that is interesting. The beer that makes your teeth white.

And, on the next episode, James will put the Dacia Sandero, his most delighted car, against the 2018, Perodua Kendari.

You do know this is a meme website right?

Over 90% of all 911s are still on the road today.

yea because they are cars worth owning and repairing despite reliability flaws. it doesn't really matter with a car like that because most people who own one can afford to fix it but it matters for a manufacturer that sells 30k DDs

Did the other 10% make it home?

Museum pieces and track cars

t. Poorfag

>Ford being that high up

(laughs hard in american)

KEK
you're not rich for driving a 15 year old VW

15 year old german cars don't have such nannies but sure you wouldn't know that because you're a clueless shitter

>toyota in the top 10 twice
How do they do it?

>all this butthurt over FIAT being more reliable than german brands
Gee, who would've known :^)

based mjet was right all along

smart enough to not fall for krautshit marketing :)
based

it's mostly euro fords you know. doubt even the american ones are as bad as a vw though

My Fiat Stilo just hit 300k kilometers with nothing but a couple of trip computer problems. I know it's anecdotal, but there's that.

it's not anecdotal. fiat might be mediocre by comparison of say honda/toyota but they mostly make small compact simplistic cars and they improved massively over 15 years ago. so of course a car company that makes simple beaters is going to be more reliable than the design nightmares of VW/BMW/Mercedes (not evne gonna say audi because vw is already mentioned :) )

Except the Stilo was the most technologically advanced C segment car back in the day.
When Fiat isn't doing budget cars, like the new Tipo, they actually come up with many innovations.

The Grande Punto was the first B segment car that had 7 airbags and the best euro ncap crash rating, even though in the latter years they started cutting costs on the base models.

The first gen Punto (or the first gen Tipo?) was also the first car with a safety fuel cut off, iirc.

Japs are """reliable""" because they use components that are decades old and are proven to be reliable. There's nothing more to it.
They're still using the 1.0 VVTI which is more than 25 years old.
You're now seeing how reliable are the japs, now that they started using turbo engines.

>Fiat in front of Germun engineering

Who woulda thunk?

I'm sure having many airbags affects reliability lol

>he thinks spontaneous combustion isn`t a Porsche staple

A Porsche that isn`t trying to kill you isn`t a real Porsche, it literally goes with the brand.

I know it's a porsche staple. but the older ones weren't bordering on criminal negligence like the new ones

viper is the better murderous car btw

If you're thinking it was only airbags... Remember Magneti Marelli is one of the giants in auto tech and it is owned by Fiat.

Honestly, if you're going by the number of tech innovations, the italians are in front of germans in every aspect, be it electronics or powertrain related.

well then I take my words back. fiat has meme technology up the ass and still manages to outdo ze german engineering in quality and reliability

Renault was the biggest shitheap about 10 years ago.

also
>Mitsubishi engines
>unreliable

Only the highstrung ones were, everything else has just been unremarkable.

Wasn't referring to Fiat, only. I also meant Lancia and Alfa Romeo. Even before they were owned by Fiat.

that's why I said only some. the lancer 2005 is the most reliable car ever and this is gonna trigger some fan of old mercs but it's the truth

>Renault was the biggest shitheap about 10 years ago.
>2017-10=2007
>Twingo production ended in 2007
Hmmm...

This is literally the reason why Alfa Romeos and old British cars exist.

Only a true enthusiast drives some old MG roadster.

Not, its just because the majority of Borscht owners can afford to upkeep them and 911 fanboys are generally insufferable autists. Speaking of which, how many front engine Porsches are there still on the road?

>Museum pieces

Nice "museum" you got there, I bet Porsche enthusiast are all lined up at the entrance.

>chinkshit in front of Audi

CANT MAKE THIS UP, AUDI ETERNALLY BTFO

>build 2 factories that are exactly the same
>place slightly differently shaped trim pieces and slightly more expensive leather in one factory
>call it a different brand
>build everything exactly the same
>get to fill up charts

It's almost like the 80 American car brands

> 24 different mid sized sedans for sale in the US from US manufactureres
>Actually it's only 3 but with different badging

Yes. Bongs think repair costs (which includes ridiculous dealership labour) is the same as reliability

t. Italian garbage fankid
Should have known.
Italicucks still asshurt because the Giulia is a pile of shit.

>Fiat 500 most unreliable car in America
>Fiat punto first car in history to get a 0 star safety rating
Truly great cars for the poorest of poorfags from southern Europe.

damag controler

It is actualy the same with most VAG cars,
They are either MQB or MLB, that is about it.
Even the new Lamborghini Urus is a MLB based car.

>Rover - gone out of business since 2005
>MG
>Peugeot
>Renault
>reliable
Confirmed rigged by tea drinking steam crumpets.

>When the car could break down once, and how much it will cost you to put right.
For example, Porsche can be very reliable, but one of their items breaks down once, it costs an arm and a leg. Poor sucker receives a defective one.
Ford has an average reliability, but they fail frequently, but cheap to repair. This is why Ford got a decent index rating.
Pretty useless data.

Another word, Porsche is not for poorfags like most faggots here.