Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Hellscream's eyes are upon you Edition

What's new?

>In Development: Garrosh, Skins, Mounts, and more!
youtu.be/59jgXbrI6bs

>Garrosh - Warcraft Warrior announced; PTR next week
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/garrosh/
youtu.be/s-_qEVW9I_A
>Talents
invenglobal.com/articles/2537/

>Heroes of the Storm 2.0
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/

>For New Players
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Official Community Resources, Guides, and Tips
>Talent Calculators, Statistics, Youtubers, and more
us.battle.net/heroes/en/guides-resources/
>Tier lists are effective guidance tools, but should never be blindly followed
heroescounters.com/map
robogrub.com/tierlist
tentonhammer.com/articles/heroes-of-the-storm-tier-list

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20931725/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20944066/
>Current Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20931726/

>Where can I find fellow GM players stuck in gold because me bunga team?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

Previous:

Where the FUCK is Maiev????

>playing Malthael vs Chogall

What will we say when Maiev is released?

Post you're player level here's mine

y'all noobs who replied to this got baited as fuck lmao

where can i download your bot program

If the cho'gall doesn't destroy Malthael it's because the cho'gall player is god awful.

ALLIANCE FUCKING SHITS

>when daddy left you behind to kill shit like a true orc and you cry your way up to Warchief
>when everyone gets together to slap your shit because you're on your iron period

i still want garrosh to fuck me!

>hover aba on cursed hollow, I'm last pick, communicate to my team I'm not set on it but would prefer it if draft fits
>first two picks already know I won't have good clone targets, swap off aba
>teammate 3rd picks Aba
>whole comp fucked up now
>he goes monstrosity

WARCRAFT MAP INCOMING

Why are people so reluctant with picking Wave of Force on magic ching chong lady? Sometimes it's a lot more useful than Disintegrate which isn't even that Disintegreat.

I'm more excited about the L800 ETC skin than I am about Garrosh.

I never cared about Garrosh, I'm just looking forward to the next in-dev video

>Not Anub'alisk

My only fear is that they make it legendary because I just spent all my doritos on stupid shit. On one hand Anub already has a legendary but at the same time there's no way they'll make it only cost 400.

Because they're like "why would I pick WoF when lazor does 50% more dmg?!?!?!". Bitches don't like utility.

are there any non-support non-tank heroes where a utility talent and a damage talent are on the same tier and the utility option actually has a higher pick rate

Garrosh's true fantasy kit that actually makes sense
Q - Iron Star
Throw an iron star at the targetted location. Long range

W - Summon grunt
Summon a grunt to march in a targetted direction and attack anything in its path

E - Power of Y'Shaarj
Channel the power of Yshaarj onto an opponent dealing x damage per second. Damage increases by y up to a value of z

R1 - Pool of Y'shaarj
Summon a pool of Y'shaarj's power on the ground increasing damage by x%. Short CD

R2 - Massive reinforcements
Garrosh summons a ton of grunts who attack enemies and structures in their way until killed

D- Summon Malkrok
Summon Malkrok on an allied minion anywhere on the battle field to attack nearby enemies, minions or structures

Greymane at 13. Higher dash range vs CDR on Worgen Q. Never seen anyone pick the latter.

It's me.

Trait - Controlled Rage: Activate to increase your movement speed, attack speed, armor, and spell armor for xyz seconds.

Q: Overpowering strike: Damage in a cone in front of garrosh. Chargeable. Press and release: Small damage and no effect. Charge for longer: medium damage and a slow. Charge fully: High damage and a stun

W: Nowhere to run: Line skillshot. Throw out a chain that attaches to the first enemy hero hit and deals damage. The hero hit is tethered to garrosh by a chain (think of leoric's W). The chain breaks if the hero gets far enough away from garrosh. If the hero remains chained after xyz seconds, they are pulled to garrosh, dealing damage and being stunned for xyz seconds.

E: Second wind: Self buff. Garrosh roars, healing a % of his health over xyz seconds

R1: Beatdown: Medium range targeted ability. Garrosh throws gorehowl and leaps to the targeted enemy, stunning the target for xyz seconds and dealing high damage. The stun and damage is channeled, so garrosh can be CC'd to peel him off the target and he cannot use any other abilities while using beatdown.

R2: Mak'gora: Short range targeted ability. Garrosh challenges the target to a duel to the death, creating a medium sized area, pushing allies and enemies other than his target out and preventing them from entering for xyz seconds.

There. This captures Garrosh 100x better than the thing blizzard shat out. Its got shit for the lorefags and the gameplayfags alike. It matches the theme blizzard was aiming for him to have too, only using his abilities as a warrior and no sha or machine bullshit.

>I watched the MOP cinematics once

This shit is better than your diatribe.

worgen Q is not dps though
it's like illidan Q in that, by casting it, you actually lose damage compared to just autoattacking
it's good for mobility and for waveclear/aoe but you shouldn't use it against a target you're already in melee range of

When you're on your deathbed and wish you had at least one more hour of life, remember that this could've been it and yet you spent it writing a shit kit for a retarded ape character to show off in a Vietcong armwrestling imageboard.

aye man hope you're able to win this 4v5 for the rest of the game lol

Because nobody realizes how important CC is on a non-CC character unless it's fucking Gul'dan.

I already blew my Jew Triangles on Fancy Tron Robot Anub'arak, so while Anub'alisk is cool... I ain't changing.

Is that Sion?

Fair. Glass Cannon vs Illusionist on Li-Ming then?

People challenged garry to Mak'gora not the other way around, cairne and Thrall both challenged him. Him challenging someone else doesn't make sense.

Sion's design was changed after Warlords of Draenor was released. Riot straight up copied that shit.

I miss old Sion.

it's the gift that just keeps on giving

Glass Cannon is shit unless it's an absolute stomp. Illusionist is okay if you are either already going Teleport build, or if you need the escape against burst damage dealers. The real power talent at this tier is Canoneer.

He did challenge Thrall to one once. Pre-WotLK, I think. It was in a comic.

But that guy's still retarded.

The gift that keeps on giving

The point is Illusionist still has a higher pickrate.

Pickrates are deceiving. You'd be amazed just how many players pick shit just because they were told to or always have. Canoneer is seeing more play now that high mobility heroes are back in the meta. Try it out, don't blindly follow hotdogs.

But that's irrelevant because the original question was about pickrates. Jesus, don't start with the "ur all metasheep" shit.

The first mak'gora he was in was the one he challenged thrall to in wrath. Doesn't matter much though. He participated in more duels than any other major character, he should have an ability to reference that.

didn't click up to the original post, was just replying to your comment in a vacuum.

I got inspiration from him, yeah. I always felt like most of sion's kit would work well on garrosh when I played him post-rework.

i'd play him

Wait a minute that kit

What was the most disappointing thing you experienced when you started playing HotS?

Has that changed over time?

Raynor.

No.

my skill level

barely

the amount and duration of cc in this game
if anything, it's gotten even weaker

My major disappointment is that the game was in such a bad, horrible place for launch. They should have waited and kept it in beta for another year before launching. They gave so many players a horrible first impression at a bad time, and now many potential players will never touch it because they played the game when it was at it's worst. It's improved so much over the past two years it's like an entirely different game. The update schedule is in a really good spot and the meta is never too shit for very long which shows that they are actively trying to make it better. New heroes come out OP waaaay less often.

That being said, new maps come out busted as fuck and everyone hates Hanamura, but other than that I'm content.

Because it's my job to fuck the other team not deliver a minor CC.

anyone else feels really guilty killing pajamabathur? he's just a cute slug having a nice dream and you rudely murder him

reconnect system
inability to spectate
no gifting options
fresh accounts start in diamond
reconnect system/engine

kms

MURDER HIM AT ALL COSTS

>cc doesnt fuck people

>Sit there channeling shitty beam of no damage
>Die
>"wtf team no peel??"

>pick the self-root ult
>get fucked

Sometimes it's not good

>they pick the self-root spell
>you can interrupt them on CD

Sometimes this is better

Reminder that garrosh armor also works with shields so tass + garry will be op

or pick a real tank and a real support like uther who gives free 25 armor on heal

>ten minutes to reconnect, no remake, etc
>game wasn't finished on launch, which fucking bombed
>2.0 was an embarrassing attempt at a relaunch (glorified cosmetics patch)
>friends won't play because league/dota/wow exists

>friends won't play because league/dota/wow exists

If you don't consider this a blessing then you haven't thought things through.

This is how you shall make a true orc arms warrior (without Sha Corruption) with a huge axe and no armor at all:

D - Blood rage: Has a 100/100 rage bar like Sonya which fills each time he deals damage with autoattacks or takes damage (each of those can be improved through talents)
Has an active component which gives a debuff which gives you 10 rage per second for 5 seconds, increses the damage you deal by 30% and reduces the healing you take by 50%. Can be talented to give instant rage etc.

Q: Rend, applies a DoT for 5 seconds, 20 rage. 3 sec cd. If the enemy travels more than n distance while in rend like dash over 1km away, the rend will trigger "open wounds" - this will instantly deal all the remaining rend damage and apply a dot for the same duration which will hurt A LOT

W - Slam: 30 rage. 1 sec cd. Slams an enemy for significant damage. Consecutive slams on the same target in the next 3 seconds the damage of the next slam is increased by 25%, infinitely stackable. Hitting a bleeding target with slam reduces their movementspeed by 20%

E: Warbringer. No rage cost. 15 sec cd. Charges in a line stopping at the first enemy hero hit stunning him for 1 second and knocking other nearby heroes away. Generates 50 rage.

R1- Execute. 30 + all the rage you have: attempts to execute a target dealing n damage + x damage per additional rage spent. 1 second cooldown. Only usable if the target is below 30% (?) hp. Targets are being marked by an indicator (like valeera skull).

R2 - Die by Sword: Parries all physical attacks, and strikes a nearby enemy for every attack he takes.

Talents are like providing rend % damage, charge another charge, execute % threshold increase, die by sword magical armor aswell and increased counterstrike range, slams to reduce armor etc etc.

>literally copypaste wow stuff

0/10 not even going to read

That's literally just wow warrior abilities, fuck off

>Literally a WoW hero
>Not taking typical WoW abilities
user, I...

>Glass Cannon is shit unless it's an absolute stomp.
Glass cannon is the pick unless the other team has Chromie. Even then. If you're getting killed you're fucking your positioning.
>fuck up your positioning
>wow if only I had a minor CC
Maybe just get gud. You should never be dying with Li Ming's ability ranges.
Laser is for instantly contributing damage when it's needed. It's exactly what her kit needs to be perfect.

is the same shit but some of them have a small utility or such.

You prefer a john cena kit instead?

Its great on saving people and stopping the enemy for a bit. People really don't expect it especially if you are using it with your combo talent which is great for burst. I usually get it when I know the enemy has a Genji going deflection build. Disintegrate is nice but it can leave you wide open during it especially with heroes that can get up your face quickly.

I like how people are so mad about Garrosh's reveal and his kit that there's literally hundreds of concepts on how he could be done "better".

And after all these people begged for him. Monkey's Paw, bitches.

I prefer a good kit with new options of gameplay and a generic wow warrior is not going to give me that.

Guys HOTS of the Storm is getting Awesomenauts characters in 2018.

>queue HL
>monstrosity aba
>4v5 always
>he doesn't bodysoak
>lose
>queue again
>our only healer dies once soloing everyone while we're quickly defending boss
>"omg fucking morons look at minimap. i'm not helping u guys your FUCKT NOW FUK U"
>4v5
>lose as he dances around in core

what am I supposed to do

Yeah then you have to wait for another hero, since Garrosh is obviously not for you, because he is a generic wow warrior.

It's like expecting from Valeera to be a ranged healer. She is generic WoW rogue as she is supposed to be, or Varian, or or. If you don't want a generic wow warrior hero you shouldn't even have waited for garrosh.

It seems like I don't because his kit is all new in hots :)

I am sick. I am SICK. DO YOU HEAR ME? ARE YOU HEARING MY WORDS THROUGH THIS TEXT? I AM DONE. FINISHED. IT'S OVER. ALL OF YOU ABATHUR HATERS CAN GO TO YOUR NEAREST INN N OUT TO SUCK THE HAIRIEST COCK IN THE WASHROOM.

WE SPEND THE ENTIRE GAME SUPPORTING YOUR ASSES, PUSHING THE LANE YOU CUNTS WERE TOO LAZY TO PAY ATTENTION TO, PROVIDING IMPECCABLE VISION GLOBALLY THROUGHOUT THE MAP FOR YOUR SHITBRAINS TO THROW THE GAME WITH YOUR MENTAL INCOMPETENCE.

Here's a friendly tip: THE NEXT FUCKING TIME ABATHUR PINS ON SOMETHING, IT'S PROBABLY A GOOD FUCKING IDEA TO GO SEE WHAT THE FUCK THE DEAL IS. DON'T GO GANKING. DON'T GO CLEAR A WAVE. DON'T EVEN BOTHER SAVING A FAGGOT ASS TEAMMATE. LISTEN. TO. YOUR. ABATHUR.

Every fucking time there's one of you faggots that virtually forget about Abathur's existence. God how I wish you were in the enemy team so I could slide this Zerg dick down your throat and out your ass until the vibrating force of my ejaculation rearranges your molecular strands into a BETTER AND USEFUL ADDITION TO THE GOD DAMN TEAM. Fuck you, FUCK you, and FUCK YOU. Good fucking night.

It isn't about his kit in hots, it's about the name. I am fine with this kit for a new hots hero, but I am not ok with that kit slapped on GARROSH. They couldve called new hero John Cena for all I care but taking a generic WoW arms warrior with no armor but a huge axe and making him this is not acceptable. It just doesn't make sence. It's like they make a new WoW hero: Kil Jaeden and he will be a healer and heal people with holy magic. See?

MONKEY'S PAW, BITCH

>Garrosh should be an arms warrior meme
FUCK
OFF

tass shields suck though, they are only there for the lifesteal
if you said Zarya you'd be talking

I can agree with this. His kit isn't really bad, there's just nothing that feels particularly "Garrosh" about it.

Should've been something more aggresive, decisive and unyielding. Instead he's more of a team player than Varian.

Well I'm ok with it because is new and not generic wow stuff.

the rupture ripoff thing seems neat but other than that he would be kind of dull to play. 90% of your teamfight is just spamming slam

It's Garrosh because they say it is. You fucking degenerate fans think you know better than the actual company that made him, and better than the developers who translated him into another game. You're sad as fuck and petty insentient little whining bitch ass children over nothing.

He's made, he's out on Monday, stop shitposting already.

good i want to play the fat suicide bomber robot
and the emo kid who spends her hp to turn into a glowy red ball of pure 1v5

>New hero announced! Maiev Shadowsong SUPPORT will be coming to the nexus on...

>implying you'll get existing characters instead of new ones for launch crossovers

>Spamming slam

Typical MoP arms warrior, nothing wrong with that :^)

I wanna see your face when they will release a healer maiev who will throw daggers at teammates.

>muh'pinions

nigga we already got sonya for that. fuck off.

she will be a zeratul skin, waifufag

Well that is kinda obvious.
Blink? Check
Dagger which sticks on the enemy? Check.
Invisibility? Check
Prison? Check

All people want is just Zeratul with tits, they don't care about the skills, they only care about tits. Maiev is gonna be a healer like some before posted, and people will still buy her because tits-

>it's another 'quick match abathur on a presence required objective map' game

>Kel'thuzad announced
>he's a support
>a Medivh/Tassadar "support"
>more of a shitpick than abathur
i can't wait

>Appealing to authority

>enemy team collapses like fuck on stitches hook
>my team doesn't see the giant "TAUNTED" above the tracers head and she recalls and blinks out with a sliver of health
>demoted

this wasn't even me unga team bunga this was enemy team actually fucking worked together. they did the opposite of bunga, they body blocked and waited for the stitch hook before engaging instead of morales running forward and immediately getting gorged

screen cap this
next hero code name "Phoenix"

>all that shit
The one good thing about Blizzard's kit for him is that he doesn't have any of the the old god/goblin shit. It's just Garrosh.

nooo delet

Based hots team cucking the faggots.