What's the point of Japanese cars anymore?

The only time they held a position in the market was in the 90s with the entry level sports cars, like the Miata.

The American car industry is so strong, I see no point. The Chevy Malibu is a really nice pick. Ford Fusion too. Just read a bit about them.

If you want modest luxury, get a Jaguar, a British car. In black.

>Jaguar
not as bad as german cars but still a lexus is the superior choice.

there will never ever ever ever be a brand for small vehicles better than honda and toyota. never has been. never will be. that's why they're top sellers. top of the world. quality prestige engineering. not that unreliable european shit

jaguars have a 5 year, 60k warranty. ford bought them out a couple years, they're much more reliable over the 90s jags.

the smaller american brands are a great pick, the new ford focus is a better value for money over the golf or other hatches

Jap cars used to get by on reliability without style. But as the US makes have closed the reliability gap the Japanese have been closing their style gap. It’s really the Europeans that have been leg hanging as their reliability has lagged.

>Poo cars made by pajeets

>The Chevy Malibu is a really nice pick.
sweet jesus

Jaguar is cheapening the fuck out of their brand image though. Look at this fucking XE. Fucking HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS shouldn't even be an option on any 2017 car, let alone a Jag. Panel gaps, cheap vinyl interior surfaces, why?

This is even worse than the old X-Type. At least that one looked the part of being an upscale car while this one manages to look like a fucking Ford Mondeo on xanax.

Yes I'm mad.

Ford sold Jaguar like 10 years ago to some Indian shitcompany

Bizarrely jags have been better since, but likely since Ford laid the groundwork with aluminum.

What do you expect from Pajeets?

It's called Tata and it also supplies steel to Boeing

It's like living in some kind of nightmare where all of our car companies were taken over by foreigners and slowly dismantled so that Britain's reputation was destroyed forever

Oh well, at least there's the completely unaffordable Aston Martin, driven by Arab oligarchs. At least there's that.

>this thinly veiled pajeetposting

Kek Land Rover became so shit that nobody is buying them new anymore and armies worldwide had replaced their defedera to something cheaper and better (land cruiser, kia, hilux, et cetera)

>b-but muh steel
Boeing bought steel from plenty places, even fucking china

>the absolute state of british engineering

Even jap carmakers are struggling with gook and chink cars flooding their domestic market. Globalization isn't just a bogeymen for unemployed rednecks and cockneys.

>not as bad as german cars
well excuse me.

I've bought a brand new Jaguar XF this summer, ask me anything.

I had a chance to get a 2012 xf at a really good deal but instead I went with an 08 boxster S. did I make a good decision?

Boxer meme aside, as long as you're happy with the car you've made a good decision.

How much did you get the Boxster for?

ready to call 911

why are you such an alpha stud that didn't fall for german marketing?

Mainly because I drove a friend's BMW 5S a couple of times and it was meh.
Also, Mercedes is for old people and taxi drivers, Audi for jerks, and BMW for jerks and muslims.

Shoulda got a Lexus F.

Aside from Lexus' ugly as sin grilles, I didn't want a sport car but a sedan.

manual 07 Boxster S with 80k miles for 15k.

>he drives an american car
oh sweetie there's just some things you shouldn't do if you want to be respected as an adult

Toyotas are still the platinum standard in build quality and reliability. Lexus is right behind Toyota.

Jap cars have no quality or prestige. Theyre best sellers because everyone can afford them and they're pretty reliable.

Are XEs even any good outside of muh handling?
I heard the interior is pretty bad, the interior is cramped despite being the same size as a roomier 3 series, and I have no clue on how reliable or expensive to maintain the poo in loo Jags are.

Gm is waaay better, you need to get your data out of of the 1980s and look at the reality this century. Gym cars are easily hitting 300k and have more 10 plus year old vehicles on the road than any other manufacturer

>Literally the worst German brand

>Malibu
Jesus Christ what the fuck. Are you talking about some Malibu I've never seen before that isn't as horrible to be in side of or drive as it looks from the outside?

They’re doing much better because ford is out of the picture. No more shitty ferd part sharing

Base models sell my dude. Gets people interested in the bigger cars. Look at merc and the cla

I sat in the xe r-sport at the auto show, the interior felt awesome so idk where your complaints are coming from. Better than the bmw’s that were lying around

The rear is kinda cramped but most cars are getting too xboxhueg anyway.
Interior styling is subjective but i liked it, also dem wheels.
Reliability has gone up and they offer a damn good warranty.

it's like some kind of superb bait and I can't believe it was put together in a sentence

Can confirm, own an 08 Milan premier and it is reasonably sporty and well equipped in terms of luxury features. Got it for 2500 to boot

and BL is gone, don't forget that part

i rather like the new pajeet jaguar, better than what jaguar was for years anyway, although you could blame that on bad ownership by other companies

also if you're going to call it a pajeet brand you might as well call most of ford sombrero motors, considering how much they build them in mexico

First, the Japanese held a very strong position in the market regardless of the Miata. Seriously, you ever try to buy a Camry or an Accord in the early 90's? You could not really haggle. Dealers knew they'd sell at the prices they were listing. Second, the Malibu is a liquid shit sitting out in the Indian sun, coincidentally, that is where Jaguars come from.

Guess what faggot, America isn't the only market in the world

>What's the point of Japanese cars anymore?

Because some people still need cars that run.

In their decades of producing trucks, not a single North American company has produced a better and more reliable pickup than Toyota.

What's the point of Americans continuing to live?

See when you say GM, I think of pontiac and saturn and chevy, all big useless piles of shit on the road, at some point I thought chrysler was doing something better because pontiacs would shit the bed faster then I could take it apart.