So I was going through my personal finances and realized I wasted $4285 on alcohol this year...

So I was going through my personal finances and realized I wasted $4285 on alcohol this year. If you had $4285 and had to spend it in an auto related way, how would you do it?

I would use it to build a shop

How do you spend over ten bucks a day on booze but still have enough self control to organize your finances? I don't even know how much I spend on what, I only make sure the balance isn't shrinking.

I'd pave the area under my carport to get rid of the gravel. It hurts like hell to lay on rocks.

Build my engine

I'd pay a mechanic to fix the plethora of issues I have with my A70 because I'm SO. FUCKING. LAZY. God I hate myself and my lethargy

$10/day in booze sounds crazy if you're buying JD handles but OP is probably just spending 70/weekend on clubs.

How the fuck did you drink that much booze? I barely spent a couple of hundred, and that's with expensive tastes, a festival, and a night out in London.
How are you not dead from alcohol poisoning?

Right now, if I had that much I'd get my new motorbike it's first service, and get them to mod it while it's in:
> 12v socket for satnav, maybe two of them.
> Luggage rack, topbox
> Panniers
> Tracker for in case it gets stolen
Then:
> Security bits to stop it being stolen
> Dolly to turn it around in the garage/driveway
> Fancy new gear
> Custom artwork on the luggage and helmet
> Bucket of concrete to make the lip of the garage floor a shallow ramp rather than a sudden drop of a couple of inches

For my car:
> Fix dents and scratches
> New radio aerial to fix the one that got stolen
> Full service, new tires and brakes
> Full deep-clean inside and out
Basically just reset the thing back to the state it was in when I got it.

Then pay the rest off my bike finance.

Whiskey and wine.

i use mint. tracks all my purchases, and when you've got an obvious drinking problem then i better be good with money otherwise.

yeah fuck that noise, that sounds miserable.

exactly. bars and going out with friends

because i enjoy stuff that's $10/drink, and I wait tables so i go out every night after work. but the way you'd spend the money sounds much more justifiable.

I'd pick up hookers

>I wasted $4285 on alcohol
>wasted
Unless you were crying while you drank it, I don't see how this was money wasted.

Nothing productive is gained from drinking alcohol. At least not copious amounts of it, and certainly not $5k a year worth.

Think of all the marijuana he could have bought instead.

kek

>tracks all my purchases
That's not worth it. Who knows what they're using the data for.

Stoners are boring.

I went to a festival this year, ended up camping with stoners. Every night, I got drunk, got bored of them sitting around laughing at things, and went out to find other drunk people to hang out with.
And I didn't lose my stash at the gate.

buy battle rifle and dump mag in your alcoholic ass

Paranoia much?

It says it right there in the small print. I bet you try and buy groceries in bitrcoin.

Buy a newer car. 2004 was a long time ago.

>Nothing productive
>marijuana
it checks out

you think people with their shit together dont have vices? do you have any idea how stressful it is to constantly be on top of every single little thing in your life, making all the right decisions, trying to get that next promotion, paying all your bills, keeping your wife/gf/kids/etc happy..

people dont get home from their high paying jobs to toss on a smile and sit back in their comfy chair by the fireplace, toss on some chopin and read the newspaper. they come home to pound mind altering substances until they pass out to numb themselves just enough to be ready to go do it all over again the next day.

>marijuana
>nothing productive
Usually true, but can be overcome with discipline.

>Stoners are boring.
Almost always said by those who bought into the "drugs are bad" meme early on, and have bitterly resented their lost youth ever since.

lol what? ive done every non-opiod drug under the sun. stoners are boring, id way rather be drunk. suck my dick you pussy.

>scienceniggerholdinghandsupandannouncingtheproximityofabadass.png

fite me

>ive done every non-opiod drug under the sun
how's that working out for you?

Im not a fan of child abuse.

Drunk people are fucking stupid. Every person I've ever known turns into a complete retard after a reasonable amount of alcohol.
Drunk and high people are even dumber, my previous roommate would get smashed and smoke himself stupid, then stumble over to my room and ask me ridiculous out of the blue questions like "what is the Eurozone?" or talk incessantly over movies.

For the record I enjoy the devils lettuce erry day and most types of alcoholic drinks but I do not like combining them. Acid and DMT are far superior ways to get fucked up to the point you don't even know if you actually exist.

Rebuild my e36, get an LSD, screw a turbo on it and rip.

fantastic, why do you ask?

sure theyre stupid, but theyre fun. as long as youre drunk too of course.

Well I'm already planning on turboing it eventually, so I'd probably buy all the basic bolt ons, exhaust, hondata, and injectors to start.

Very ambitious for a lil over $4.2k

This is fucking relatable. I'm not even rich, just a teacher and by the time a day is done so am I

Not if I go budget.
300 ish for the LSD
400 for ECU and peripherals.
400 buck eBay turbo
500 worth of piping
300ish for head spacer and arp studs
At 2k there
Leaves me with enough room for piping for the exhaust and a muffler.
Lines etc.
All I need is parts, I've got a buddy with space and tools that'll let me wrench on my car.
Else I'd go to one of the hobbyist garages here.

Tuning I'll figure out, or blow the motor.

>as long as youre drunk too of course
pretty sad

A new motorcycle, leathers and a few track days.

Stick the rest in savings.

use that money towards my car for maintenece. really needs to be fixed up

whats sad about that? have you ever been around a drunk person when youre sober? do you disagree that its not fun?

No forged internals? No head, intake or cam?

M50B25 stock internals can run 450hp ez.

>whats sad about that?
Your grammar?

bitching about not using apostrophes on Veeky Forums? talk about sad lol

Poly bushings, coilovers, wheels and tires. Would still have some cash leftover too

there should be a comma between "sad" and "lol"

actually it should be a semicolon you total fucking idiot moron

Well, $4300 ain't worth as much in Ausland but one of these.

Get myself a new downhill touge beater.

>1k civic
>3k in mods and mantenence

Doesn't need power because it's the dowhill, put it all towards handling.

missing another one between "akshually" and "it"

When I lived with my parents during my first job out of college, I spent about that much.
Had two handles of gin a week, a box of sam adams seasonal occasionally, and a four loko every night if I got off late, or two a day if I got off early.
I NEVER went out anywhere and just stayed home playing videogames or watching anime all day for over a year.
Still managed to move out with a no meme, 3k civic and 8 grand in my checking account.

No, stoners are legitimately boring to be around. I'm sure it's wonderful fun if you're stoned, but my brain chemistry's too fucked up already for the smoke to have an effect.

Booze is tasty, doesn't make my hair/clothes stink, is cheaper AND legal, and is much more universal. Plus, of course, I can manage my intake easily.

I spent £12k. Happy holidays

>stoners are legitimately boring to be around
Maybe it's just the ones you've hung out with

>Booze is tasty
Not unless you're drinking things marketed to women

>make my hair/clothes stink
If you don't burn dope, this doesn't happen

>is cheaper
Uh, not really. If I buy a cartridge, that probably will last me a month. For $30. Most people spend more than that on alcohol for a month

>legal
Not sure where you are, but it is legal here

>I can manage my intake easily
You must have had a bad experience with bud, anyone can manage their intake. And a bad experience with it won't kill you, unlike alcohol, where that's a very real possibility.

Cheaper, fuck not where I live.

so much justification. stoners aren't boring if you're doing something creative or outdoorsy, but they are boring if you're more into doing something active or social or going outside the comfort zone.

and whoever says craft beer and quality wines aren't tasty is just crazy

>Not unless you're drinking things marketed to women
Not here in britain. Fruity ciders are marketed to everyone, and we have a rich tradition of stuff like spiced rum.
This isn't america, where the booze culture was discarded and burned in the 1930s.

this guy get it

>craft beer and quality wines aren't tasty

>Fruity ciders are marketed to everyone

They're "tasty" in a relative sense, though.
Sure, these don't taste as bad as, say, straight vodka, but compare them to something you really would find good tasting.

Put it this way: If these drinks you mention didn't have alcohol in them, would you really still drink them? Or would you opt for something good tasting on it's own, without the maker being obligated to cover the taste of the alcohol?

My room and board is less than that, dude. you have a problem - and you shouldn't be driving a car with any power.

This, it's tasty, for an alcoholic beverage

i drink black coffee, so yes i enjoy bitter beverages with lots of character

and i drink decaf coffee too, just putting that out there

>$4285 on alcohol
>wasted
pick one

Why do you feel the need to defend your 'non-addictive' weed habit so hard? Does your dealer mandate it before he sells to you?

lol
Who said it was non-addictive? That wasn't me. It isn't addictive in a physical sense, but psychologically, it can be a bitch.
And I buy it at a shop. The state gets a cut.

So, you live in commiefornia, or some other hipster-infested dystopia?

Weed is illegal for a reason. I really don't want stoners driving while stoned.

I drink a lot of coffee during the day, but as a means to an end. Again, in a relative sense, I'd never argue that it tastes "good". Obviously there are people who really do enjoy the flavor, but they're a minority compared to the hordes that claim it, but are fooling themselves by dumping everything under the sun in there.

then we have different fucking tastes, who the fuck cares and why are you continuing this conversation. no one gives a fuck

>hipster-infested dystopia
Every state it's legal in is one of these?
And this covers the whole state?
That's some fascinating shit.

>I really don't want stoners driving while stoned
I hate to break it to you, but this happens where you live too. Probably even more than you suspect.

someone rode in on the bitch bus

New set of 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud-Terrains, and a set of 315/75/17 Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler (extra siped & studded) + a set of alloy wheels for those tires

Whoops, found a hipster. Shoo, back under your rock.

Found the stupid hick.
Get back in your POS truck.

>this should be illegal so that people don't do it!!

are you like, 12?

>this should be illegal
Stupid hicks?
They're legal here, unfortunately.

>fixing an a70
But it's so easy to work on and nothing ever breaks