Help Veeky Forums crashed my 370z minor damage that's easy to repair, but the steering wheel air bag went off...

Help Veeky Forums crashed my 370z minor damage that's easy to repair, but the steering wheel air bag went off, shit costs almost a full grand, should I replace the air bag or get an aftermarket steering wheel? Is that even possible? Or do I forsure need that bag?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DNx6fuqVQA8
youtube.com/watch?v=AU4N7WqBTu0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

depends on where you live but you most likely need to have the bag to MOT

Well the cars going to be a rebuilt now and I'll have to do a dmv inspections but I'm pretty sure I can get away with that I have a shop that'll sign off on inspection but is it even worth it? Will getting an aftermarket steering wheel affect anything in any way? Is it a simple removal and instal or is there electrical shit I'm going to have to deal with?

Just get a new airbag. They're actually easy to install. Make sure you reset the airbag module

Only if you don't give a rats ass about volume control from the wheel or the horn switch being in the wheel

Just get a new airbag

>crashing hard enough for the air bag to go off
>minor damage
Pick one. Kys faggot

It's dead ass just a bumper replacement probably the reinforcement bar as well and maybe a little bit of pulling faggot it's not that bad

Not OP but someone once rear ended me in the parking lot and my airbags went off.
I just had a minor dent on my bumper.

>pulling
Not minor damage

It's still minor, I can do it myself

I know it's easy but the issue here is cost man, unless you know where I can get one for 500 or less

Pic related

don’t listen to the trolls, you’d be stupid to not fix that if the price made sense.

check a z forum, someone there has swapped out their steering wheel for a ricer momo one without an airbag. i’m sure there are electronics that will throw codes if they aren’t connected but i have no idea how you’d clear them out to pass inspection.

you really can’t just go to the local pick and pull junk yard and grab a wheel and airbag together?

Shit I wish man, most junks don't have 350z let alone a 370 I'll check some out hopefully I get lucky, I'll see if lqk or B&R has something for the low

Just go on ebay or a Z forum.

The whole passenger side beam that runs from the firewall to the bumper is bent. Even if you pulled it out it wouldn't behave the same in another crash. You should've learned how to drive instead of being a faggot.

I don't usually watch this guy much since he's more of a speculator than a mechanic (too many words and not enough spanners), but he did post this video recently where he attached resistors in place of the airbags in a car he was repairing, to show that the codes would clear and not return:

youtube.com/watch?v=DNx6fuqVQA8

There won't be another crash Fuckwad, especially since it wasn't my fault idiots in Vegas can't Fucking drive

I did cheapest one was 750 the bumper is only 280 and bar another 2 how the Fuck does an air bag cost that much. Even labor to fix it is only going to be 800

you won't rly gain anything no, unless you rly dislike the stock wheel i'd keep it desu, its a bit of a pain for a car that new and can damage resale since it has comfort controls on the steering wheel.

Now would be a good time to light your car on fire and call it a loss.

I've fixed worst man, this is light work compared to a bimmer I worked on a couple weeks ago, had to go to the junk yard to cut the metal piece off a car where the radiator assembly sits on on the edge and solder it on to the bimmer Fucking annoying

>implying no one will ever crash into you ever again, ever
Yeah they're idiots now but thats it, everyones gonna stop being a bad driver because of your crash

If I get crashed into again then I'm lighting the car on fire there's no way I'm fixing it twice, pretty sure it's labeled non repairable anyway after a few crashes

Please tell me you're russian so i can wait to see a video with your brains splattered all over the steering wheel.

>minor

Or youll be dead because the crumple zones no longer exist and you have no airbag

>Capitalizing the F in Fucking

Get a cheap aftermarket steering wheel and throw that electronic safety garbage out the fuckin window when you're going along and call it a day.

we never needed airbags back in the day and we certainly don't need them now. Fuckin yanks and eurocucks with their safety bullshit. Im sick of it.

Hang on, why does it have to be classes as a "rebuilt", I mean you crashed right, there wasn't anyone else involved right? You never mentioned it and it sounded minor.

Surely you didnt call the pole ice. So why do they have to know?

Kek. Good luck. He's likely going to need a new airbag control module as well. On Nissans they usually get fried setting off an airbag.

>calling it a bimmer
>soldering anything that isn't electrical

KYS faggot

nice gif
youtube.com/watch?v=AU4N7WqBTu0

>can "afford" a 370Z
>can't afford replacing a safety component
>spending money on a Nissan in the first place
You should consider replacing the airbag with a grenade. Make sure to pull the pin when you install it to have it ready for a collision.