Wagon for Cross Country Trip

Hey Veeky Forums,
Planning a road trip in about a year, gonna save up like crazy for it. I've already determined that I don't want a minivan or an suv, but I still want the storage space, so I settled on a wagon. I want to fit a small mattress and enough food for a contiguous US trip, and I was thinking of getting the Acura TSX Sport Wagon. Any other recommendations or tips?

Keep your current car and rent a truck faggot.

>already said I don't want a minivan or an SUV
>"lol rent a truck faget"
Like that's a step up, plus I really don't want to be stuck with absolute shit gas mileage.

I didn't read it well enough. Thought you were moving. Just drive your current car and stay in a hotel or airbnb or couch surf.

if mpgs are a must - 525i
if not - 540i

TSX wagon is a nice car. VW wagons with the 5cyl is nice as well and you could seemingly fit a helluva lot in there.

Looking for an older vehicle the mid 80s Chevy Celebrity wagon is comfy and a clean one should be up to the task.

I plan on getting a Tsx wagon sometime in the next 5-7 years, once they're cheap enough to buy one that needs serious motor/trans work and do my own labor to fix it up.

They're very nice cars, paddle shifters are fun, I dont remember if cloth seats were an option, the leather just seems too nice for a car that is essentially a workhorse with a nice appearance. Leather in wagons is for Mercedes and Volvo, or older American station wagons.

Roof racks are nice for storage boxes, and the cargo area is a little smaller than many other wagon options.

But if you do get one, make sure its the 2011 or 2012, I know for a fact that sometime around 2013 they stopped coming with a spare tire and instead replaced it with a can of fix-a-flat and a small compressor that runs off the battery. What a fucking joke, a $45,000 sport wagon with fix-a-flat, the tire repair technique of broke 19 year olds and ghetto trash.

A full size or compact spare tire is a MUST for any long distance driving, ypu dont want to get a flat in the middle of nowhere, you might end up waiting for days for help of any kind if you are in a remote enough area.

I have a full size spare in my '94 Accord wagon, i fucking love that if I get a flat on the highway, I can change it in under 5 minutes and be back on the road again, full speed ahead, no compact tire bullshit, no reduced load capacity, no reduced speed limit.

Acura is a luxury Honda so I'm gonna go no on cloth but you should have the option of maybe leather and vinyl??

Agreed though the paddle shifters were fun in my old TSX (not the wagon)

If you're looking for a good price you may try and get one of their fleet vehicles from an Acura dealership. it may have a bit of mileage but it's usually highway and you know it's been taken care of.

If you wanted to go newer than 2012 you can take out the foam insert for the stupid fix a flat and put in a donut tire or maybe even a full size spare (although you could toss it on the roof rack with a box and some other stuff or maybe add a cover to make a small "table" in the back with the seats all folded down

My 03 Nissan SUV has a spare and it's not a Steelie or a donut it's literally the same wheel that's around the rest of the car and I really appreciated their thought to that for some reason.

Any Commodore wagon would be perfect

>Nobody argues in favor of a Volvo V70
Shit's spacious and possible has the best front seats in all of auto motive history.

Preferably get a t5 or R for a better experience, they are still relatively cheap.

I've never driven any Volvo. How are the wagons to drive, anyways? Reliability?

STAY IN A HOTEL OR OTHER PLACE. sleeping in your car is pure degenerate.

I'm not OP, yo. But I've camped in my SUV a few times. Have a 12v TV that plugs into the cigarette lighter. If you take the front headrests out, you fold the back of the seat down+ scoot the seat forward it lies flat with the backseat and you have a comfy chair. The back seats also fold down and there's enough room to bundle two people up as a bed even with all my other gear.

they're comfortable as fuck honestly. they have great interiors, and if you can manage to get one with all the bells and whistles it makes it a lot better.
the T5 and R models have a decent amount of power, around 240-250hp I think.
as for reliability, the engine is pretty much indestructible, but some of the electronics can be a bit shit.

Right on~ some of the stock cars look pretty odd to me but I bet they would grow on me if I owned one for a while. Seems like an "old person car" to me so I'll bet most of them are taken care of. I'll have to browse Craigslist or something

Transmission issues scared me away from vulva

camping is different. After pulling a long day of driving it's nice to stay in a warm hotel with a comfy bed, a good shower and a free breakfast.

get a rwd supercharged 6.2l v8 wagon you cuck

> Road trip!
> Tourism!
> Brings a TV, sleeps in the car in a rest area
Do you actually want to SEE any of the country?

Can you not read? I'm not the OP or the one wanting to do a cross country trip just sharing my similar experience going camping ya dimwit

super comfy, got a ride in my mates V70 to pick up his other V70 since we left it parked and went out drinking the night before. Driving it back it was one of the easiest cars I have ever driven and super comfy like driving a minimalist cloud.
I used to shit on volvos but now I'm seriously considering one for a DD.

Acura TSX Sport Wagon is a great option as a daily/beater i dont know about a road trip.
I guess its ok if you dont plan to sleep on the car

>Acura is a luxury Honda
only in america, i dont know what happened with japanese branding in America, that Acura is just an Honda Accord anywhere else in the world

Well sure. They take all their primo luxury packages, put some different badges on it, and now you've got their "luxury" line. Is Acura not in any other market other than USDM and Canada?