I want to buy one of them, but don't know which one to get

I want to buy one of them, but don't know which one to get.

I think i will get the one that is the most reliable, and the quickest.

I want to get one with the 140hp 2.4 inline 5, because of Hp taxes, and because it's going to be a daily.
So don't spam shit like "get the turbo", or "yuropoor can't get a v8".

So where are my Volvo people at!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_2WnvG_C_PE
youtube.com/watch?v=8k48WQbAdQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Being a eurocuck

There you go the Mutt has spoken

>Jamal de Santos calling people names

Kek, go and eat your soy filled food, and watch some (((Netflix)))!

Get an S80 with the V8.

I have a c30 T5 its dope but I'm from canada so I can have freedom

Try to get the S60. The S40 platform was shared with the misthubishi carisma... So its not as comfortable as a Volvo should be. Also, the S40 has terrible leg room in the back. Engine wise its all the same, very reliable.

I know someone who has a S70 with the 2.4 140 HP wich is still going strong at 850k kilometers. (Original engine).

Before you buy one, Just make sure there are no electrical issues. All the rest comes down to regular maintenance

>When the Mutt uses a picture of his people to try to insult a white man.

Damn, stop drinking tap water Jamal, the fluoride is bad for the brain!

Thank you for the info, appreciated!

Ps: The main reason i want one is the inline 5 sound, it even sounds great without the turbo.

A V8 sounds better than an i5

Good luck! I'll see your new Volvo soon on Veeky Forums i guess

>what is reading comprehension
Not even the topic of this thread or up for discussion, user.
Get the S60, you'll regret the S40. It's a dinky piece of shit in comparison.

S40T5-AWD owner here
Fantastic cars. Wish I had gotten the S60 though.

The S40 has a really choppy ride to it and the power is ok. I've had it for 7 years now, put 100k on it. Every two years there is one stupid expensive fix required, otherwise pretty reliable.

For instance, went to start it one day and the stupid steering wheel lock actuator crapped out. $700. Fuck.

Recently, the fuel rail pressure sensor failed. $400. Car drives great now (was surging and hunting gears leading up to sensor failure)

Zero mechanical issues- just bullshit electronic garbage failures.

But WHATEVER YOU DO: DO NOT GET ANY VOLVO VEHICLE WITH A GM TRANSMISSION

1st gen XC90's are the worst. AW and Getrag are fine. The GM trans is a timebomb.

Avoid like the plague.

Get the turbo you Eurocuck

Why would you get anything else?

Get the s80 V8
youtube.com/watch?v=_2WnvG_C_PE

Best sleeper ever

Oh is it the one Hammond had in his Supercar in Italy, which exploded on the Autobahn?

youtube.com/watch?v=8k48WQbAdQg

Does anyone know what kind of work this guy did to make it sound like that?

Sadly your pic related, are super rare here because they have been sold to eastern europe.

I only just found out about them while browsing for cars the other day, was a 3litre straight 6 for $2k AUD or so.
Absolutely took me by surprise because I just assumed it was a FWD S70 until I saw the engine bay pic and saw this nice big alloy twin cam straight six in North-South config.

Woulda bought it for sure if they made em in manual....

2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 5 cylinder are not bad also the 3.0 inline 6 and the diesel inline 5 are ok as these are engines made by volvo. Their newer cars all have peugeot or ford engines these are not good, best to avoid. The best ones in my opinion is the 2.3 "redblock" engines as these are nearly indestructable, they dont even do damage if the timing belt snaps.
They stopped fitting these lumps in 98