Why isn't the Tundra America's best selling pickup truck...

Why isn't the Tundra America's best selling pickup truck? It has almost everything you could ever ask for in a pickup plus it's 100x reliable than the big three.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IRixzwZl6Z8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>expensive as fuck
>ugly as fuck
>americans can't stand the idea of driving a tiny penis japanese truck

Good truck other than that.

It's not more reliable, it's built by cleetus afterall

>Amerifats are poor
>Amerifats have shit taste
>Amerifats are insecure and have small dicks

Yep that about sums it up.

>be American
>drive Japanese truck
WHERE'S YOUR GOOD NOW, FAGGOT

Toyota doesn't offer big discounts on the Tundra like Chevy, Ford, or Dodge does.

Also, "I ain't buyin' no Jap crap" mentality.

Because its old as hell, thirsty, and it has a 2k lower tow capacity than the Ford and Chevy (RAM 1500s aren't really tow beasts) half tons.

They don't pursue the commercial market as aggressively. Ford has astronomical sales numbers because of all the stripped down fleet trucks they sell.

I wouldn't say I'm poor, noir rich as fuck though. I do pretty ok in life.
T.hanks murica!

>100x more reliable
Uhm no sweaty

If you aren't buying RAM in the current age you are fucking stupid.

>can't tow
>guzzles gas
>at least one generation behind every one of its competitors
>surprisingly cramped interior

It's just not a good truck

"""discounts"""

>price your truck at 30x what it costs to make
>then offer """discounts""" to bring it down to 10x what it costs to make
>Amerifucks think they're getting a real "deal"

The absolute state of the American brain. Fucking useless. Enjoy handing your money over the (((them))) every time you buy "American."

>lower tow capacity

Based on what? Each manufacturer's own arbitrary testing standards?

This really. Ford makes trucks extremely cheap because they sell such high volume. They don't make a ton on a new F150 sale if you just buy a base model, but adding in all the little extras earns them a shitload. Garbage like "MYFORDTOUCHSYNCMEMESCREEN" costs them almost nothing, it's already developed and made by some homeless chink in a factory halfway around the world. Not to mention the sheer amount of other chink parts that go into an American truck, it's no wonder they're so cheap.

Ford absolutely floods the market with vehicles at a price no one can beat. Objectively, GM makes shitter vehicles too. So does FCA. But Toyota makes a better truck, it just costs more and when most truck owners are uneducated middle class slobs, it's hard to sell them on anything beyond TOUCH SCREENS and FAKE CHROME.

I'm imagining you saying that while driving around with a spare transmission in the bed and angrily turning your KNOB from P to D

lol FCA shill btfo

as much as I despise ford and chevy fags with their lifted shitboxes, Chrysler fags are like 1,000,000x worse

Regardless of what you think of the markup, a Toyota truck will cost more than a Ford or Chevy new. I see trucks for 20% off sticker + incentives regularly.

Toyota knows what they got, apparently, price firm.

Looks gay and stupid kind or like some soy boy bean truck lmao

Keep overpaying for dogshit quality trucks user. Just because it costs less doesn't mean it isn't better. And I happen to like the dial shifter, in an automatic vehicle there is absolutely no reason to waste space with a full on stick shifter

>Ford is the number one selling truck in America!
>60% of those trucks are base model 2wd white F150s that are sold in bulk and will be dead hulks in 10 years!

Sure. A knob is electronic and can fail. Stick shifters work without electronics.

Because if they start slashing prices to nigger-tier figures they'll have less money for R&D, expansion, etc.

There's a reason a Tundra costs more - they pay their factory slugs less so they can spend more on engineering and parts. That's why their transmissions don't fucking explode at 120,000 miles like Chrysler's do, and their prop shafts don't shit the bed every 30,000 miles like Chevs. Or why they can make an engine that isn't so horribly fucking flawed it literally seizes every spark plug into the block - to the point that you actually have to create a group tasked with designing a tool that is specifically meant to remove broken spark plugs from your shitty engines. FORD.

Say what you will about tow figures, gas mileage, etc. but Toyota makes a better truck overall. If Americans REALLY gave a shit about things like build quality or reliability, they wouldn't even argue about trucks. But they don't. They want something new and shiny every 3 years, and their poorfag job doesn't allow them to buy a new Toyota that often.

Plus they'd have no money left over for all the highschooler trinkets like a RANCHO lift kit and eBay LED strips for the tailgate.

>that arbitrary percentage number

Did you pull it out of yo ass or something?

Also,
>muh reliability
Sure, if shit is made by Toyota factory in JAPAN. That shitty truck is made either in fucking mexico or thailand

>Getting so upset getting shilled by gooks

Not to help the floundering fuckfaced FCA shill, but most new automatics are electronically shifted - even with a column/knob shifter. You're just moving it to a position that is registered by a servo which shifts the transmission for you. Most vehicles don't actually use shift cables anymore.

If you want true mechanical reliability you need to get a good manual truck. But those are rare now, and the only full-size that offers one is - ironically - the shittiest of them all, a RAM.

It's made in Texas. And it's about quality control and maintaining a reliable workforce. Keeping employees happy and treating them fairly negates the need for a union, which inevitably ruins productivity and causes companies to fail (see Chrysler, GM, Ford).

>can last 1 million alone with a gas engine

HMMMMMM.... GEE, I WONDER IF CLEETUS WAS SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE AN ENGINE TO ACHIEVE THIS MILESTONE...

What's wrong with lifting a truck? Do you not enjoy offroading?

It was made in Texas, brah

Made in Texas.

>offroading a truck

Please don't be a faggot. There's too many in here as it is.

Whats wrong with offroading in a truck?
It's this some meme? I enjoy taking mine camping, mudding, beach, mountains, and so on

>implying modern stick shifters work without electronics
Sticks are obsolete unless you drive manual. Modern trucks are all automatic, so there is no reason for the stick, it's wasted space. Unless you drive the last production pickup truck that comes with a manual transmission, which just happens to be the RAM with the Cummins deisel.

They're all dogshit dude but the RAM is the worst of them all.

My old boss and I used to drive one for work. In 2 years and 40k miles he went through 2 transmissions, 3 valve bodies, 2 entertainment centers and it still shifts like fucking shit. That 8 speed is absolute garbage. Only thing worse is the auto manual ford put in the focus.

>Made by beaners

Lol. I'm about to go cruise in my srt Durango, first I have to fill it up for 2.35 a gallon, premium.

Stay mad cucked youropoor.

>can't tow
wrong
>guzzles gas
True, needs improvement to say the least. Then again if you are buying a huge truck, money for gas should not be an issue for you.
>at least one generation behind every one of its competitors
Just like RAM that takes forever to update. The 2014 Tundra is even a step ahead.
>surprisingly cramped interior
Unless you're a fat fuck. I fit perfectly fine in one.

It's just not a good truck

No no no, the domestics aren't good trucks. The Tundra is fine for what it is, even if it's miles behind the domestics.

Retard

Are you a filthy nigger by chance?

>soy boy bean truck

Funny, because most soyboys drive Fords and Chevys and Rams just to be recognized, they share that same retard mentality like rednecks have and call Tundras "jap crap" despite being all American.

Reminder

Good thing I'm not European you faggot.

>That shitty truck is made either in fucking mexico or thailand

Sigh, another misinformed idiot, or someone who is pulling words out of his ass before speaking.

The Tundras are all American made in Texas.

And the funny thing about this "shitty" truck is that it can go up to 1 Million miles alone with it's original GAS engine without skipping a beat. All you need to do is service it.

Also, the arbitrary percentage number is pretty accurate when comparing it to these shitty domestic trucks.

Nice response. Probably took you forever to come up with that.

Retard

Nice response. Probably took you forever to come up with that.

Lol, you're either lying or your boss is an idiot. Lemon laws.

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=IRixzwZl6Z8

Retard

I'm Norwegian by birth, recently became a US citizen.

He was kind of an idiot (like anyone who thinks RAM is good). Insisted on sticking with RAM only because he thought they "looked the meanest"

The only Japanese brand truck I'd ever buy is the Titan XD. Right now, they're an absolute steal. You can pick up a moderately loaded one with leather for about $40k new with the Cummins.

At $70k that puts you in the diesel domestic range. Those will go for a million miles easily and be just as reliable if not more. Gee... Is Chad going to buy a Tundra or a 3500/Silverado HD...

Chad doesn't buy he leases silly. He likes throwing his money away because he has way too much to throw away.

While the show may have turned to shit since I aged, the production music is very well done.

Tundra, just like a GM, but with a crappy interior, uncomfortable seats, the dashboard of a cheap econobox, horrible gas mileage, hard to work on, and last half as long.

all this teenage butthurt

>Just like RAM that takes forever to update.

But RAM's aren't fuckugly like the tundra, and they're being updated in 2019. They're more fuel efficient as well.

I am 42.

My dad has a 2010 Tundra. We go all over the country with it on vacations, we tow boats and also use it for work. It's still going strong and it's never had to go to a shop for any problems.

>100x reliable

Say that to Tundra owners. If you want reliability looks at the Rav4, that is if it's computer chip is not fried by that time.

>Toyota
>V8

>1Mil
>No engine rebuilds or transmission problems.

Because Fuck Toyota

If unflavored rice cakes were a car brand, they'd be Toyota.

>?
It looks just like every other modern truck

I just think they're extremely ugly and over priced for the amount of things you actually get, plus I just don't like the way I feel in the driver's seat. My brother has a 2010 tundra he purchased new and driving it was meh, really. Engine felt good but nothing else was worth writing home about. I have a 2015 ram eco diesel with the 8 speed I believe and in the 86k miles the only mechanical problem is the steering wheel is at the 1 o'clock driving straight. Cost about as much as the tundra and you get a lot more to it. In fact I don't see why everyone is bagging on Chrysler. I've had a product from each era and the only things that actually fail are just wear and tear related, the most serious being the key ignition assembly giving out and that was on 300k 90s jeep

lmao piece of shit goes out of alignment in less than 100,000 miles

there's your first sign that you're driving a piece of shit, be sure they've cut corners elsewhere

>tfw a Ridgeline would suffice for 80% of private truck owners but lots of them own bulky three quarter tons purely as a lifestyle statement because they wanna look like cowboys

we bring this fact up in every thread and the juvenile faggots just scream that they tow 19,000lbs every day

we know they have small dicks

agree, although some of us actually use a truck for it's intended purpose

Also SUVs are the better trucks for light duty private use. Fit seven when you need to fit seven, fit a dresser with the rear seats folded when you need to fit a dresser, tow a trailer when you need to haul dirt. If you don't have a heavy fifth wheel trailer you have no business owning a truck.

are you implying i don't need a big truck? Look at what I have to pull!

you've never done this with your truck

your truck is a road queen

Smart move, Sven. Now go buy a gun and leave your Eurotrash ways behind.

This
Covered load space is much more versatile than a bed for home gamers.
Most cuckowners buy short bed crew cabs anyway.

Claiming that you need a sports car for the streets is on the same level of compensation. Like you're going to really use all it's performance on the streets... Look at what guys with big dicks drive.

Ron Jeremy doesn't have a big dick.

Or maybe he does, compared to yours. Lol.

Yeah but too bad you can't get any real truck based SUV's anymore aside from a Tahoe/Suburban or a 4Runner though that's getting into crossover territory. Every other large SUV is designed for driving kids to school or driving to the yoga studio. You can put a cap on a CCSB and have a quasi SUV with a proper truck drivetrain.

Landcruiser
Landcruiser Prado
Sequoia
4Runner
FJ Cruiser
Suburban
Tahoe

>quasi SUV
Except that you'll have fewer seats and/or less cargo space than an SUV behind the first row.

Also even full size SUVs that aren't LITERALLY dumped on a truck frame will tow over 7,000 lbs, and mid sized SUVs are reliably rated for 5,000 lbs.

>mid sized SUVs are reliably rated for 5,000 lbs.

Not so much anymore. They keep sticky tinier engines into them, like 2.0L 4 cylinders or even smaller turbo variants.

Not to mention they really aren't designed for towing, they usually have a transverse mounted, FWD layout with some shitty diff ratio. If you ACTUALLY want to tow, you can get something like a BOF SUV (4Runner, Suburban, etc.). Even the Honda Ridgeline is only capable of light towing.

>Landcruiser
>Landcruiser Prado
>Sequoia
>FJ

These aren't available in North America or are rebaranded as Lexus's with retarded pricetags for what you get. The FJ hasn't been available for years. Spend $60k on a 4runner if you want 260hp and drum brakes.

Most "7 seater" SUV's don't really have a useable third row anyways nor do people really have that many kids anymore. Just because it can tow that much doesn't mean you should. There's many other variables that effect towing capacity.

>The maximum towing capacity of the Ridgeline comes with the 2017 Ridgeline models fit with all-wheel drive. When properly equipped, the maximum towing capacity can reach as high as 5,000 pounds.

he has a 10"

>Just because it can tow that much doesn't mean you should.
Vehicles on the American market are already incredibly low rated for towing despite comparatively big size, strong chassis and big engines. Europeans tow as much as 4000 lbs behind a fucking 3-Series. Stop being such fucking wusses about towing, Americans. Just use your fucking head instead of brute force.

Because there's more to towing than just getting the weight going. A human can pull over 400k lbs on flat ground... Can he control that load in the turns going downhill? No. We have large distances and mountains to go over here. It's not all 50mph A roads or whatever here. Even a small light utility trailer will roll and take a large crossover with it if the ball decides not to release.

>Can he control that load in the turns going downhill? No.
That's what trailers over 1500 lbs are braked for.
>We have large distances and mountains to go over here. It's not all 50mph A roads or whatever here.
That's actually your own fault for not putting diesels into anything smaller than medium duty trucks. I have the smallest diesel available in my car and make more torque than the largest petrol available in my car.

5,000lbs is light towing. Anything over 5,000lbs is moderate towing, until you hit about 14,000lbs and now you're into heavy towing. That's why 2500s, diesels, etc. exist.

My parents have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline, I've towed a fully loaded aluminum cargo bed trailer with 2 ATVs, a motorcycle, and a ton of gear. Box was loaded up too. It really struggled hard to get over anything more than a slight incline, and you could really feel the brakes busting their ass to stop that much weight. It's a good truck for light duty, but you honestly should have something bigger if you plan on towing regularly. It just puts that much less wear/stress on everything, including your transmission and steering/suspension.

Ridgeline might even be able to tow more if they had a SRA, because the unibody frame they designed is pretty amazingly strong.

>Is on Veeky Forums
>Calling people retards
>Thinks this is some major insult
I'm just gonna spell this one out for you, kiddo. Veeky Forums used to be one of the most foul places I could come to and I enjoyed it. You know why I enjoyed it? Because the people here were at least creative at the time. You're spouting yet another current trending buzzword that you think equates to a major insult just because most people are willing to be PC about everything and don't want to use terms that may hurt some people's feelings. Veeky Forums doesn't care about that, obviously, so you really need to step up your god damn game, son. Calling someone a retard here is quite possibly the bottom of the barrel in terms of what is actually going to affect anyone. Now, if you wanna get creative with it, call them a "brain-dead boot licker", which paints more of a picture than your little "retard" statement. We have this great language that we have developed over the course of a few thousand years. Why not make some good use of it? You want to know the biggest difference between people over the age of 25 and people under the age of 25? Most people over the age of 25 might actually be able to say something you've never heard. So keep it up. Keep calling people retarded. Keep saying they must be brain-dead, but I want you to just remember that literally no one on this site has ever given one single fuck about what you as a person say, especially not when all you're going to do is call them a retard.

>TL;DR: Learn to word better, faggot

>until you hit about 14,000lbs and now you're into heavy towing
How many people actually tow that much? Most households don't own 40 foot clown campers or bass boats made out of lead.

Also keep in mind the Ridgeline has a FWD bias, which is less beneficial for towing.

14k is a lot for the average family but 6k lb boats and 7k lb travel trailers are pretty common. So even with a 6000lb boat plus the 6000lb pigfat crossover plus the weight of the family and all their shit you're getting close to 15k lbs. That much weight on slightly beefed up car components and a 2l engine is not a good idea.

Because Toyota doesn’t make a Diesel engines (in US)

Wew europoors are retarded

Autistic retard

For a bunch of cucks into road safety they sure as shit don't tow with common sense.

>hurr it has traylur braykes

>euromonkeys looking down on Americans.

How are those high taxes, fagmobile car regulations and mass migrant policies working out for you?

>Americans are so dumb!
>heh, I won't tell you my country dumb american

>Based on what? Each manufacturer's own arbitrary testing standards?
There are SAE standards for tow rating, they require brake performance under load benchmarks, acceleration benchmarks, and handling benchmarks.
They aren't the only truck that can do that though. Reaching 300,000+ miles has more to do with maintenance than anything else.

You can find news stories of Chevy and Ford owners taking their trucks past 1 million miles going back until the mid 70s.
>ehicles on the American market are already incredibly low rated for towing despite comparatively big size, strong chassis and big engines. Europeans tow as much as 4000 lbs behind a fucking 3-Series. Stop being such fucking wusses about towing, Americans.
As I said above, in the US, you are expected to keep up with freeway traffic when towing, including stopping short from full highway speed and reaching highway speed under load in the required amount of time when merging. In Europe, you're expected to drive slower than the flow of traffic and be a mobile chicane.

Fuck that.

jesus, it looks like they started making a minivan and found out 2/3 of the way through that they were supposed to be making a pickup

thats a mommy SUV with a truck bed.

BTW 98% of what my truck does, a honda civic could do.

Its that 2% of the time that my cummins has to plow snow, tow heavy shit, haul heavy shit, or pull people out of ditches (happens more than you would think)

That Ridgeline would break if I tried to do that with it, good for a weekend kyaker, or a guy that goes fishing.

If you want a truck to do real truck shit, get a real truck.

>not owning the greatest trucks ever built aka gmt400 and 800