0-100 in 8 (EIGHT) seconds

>0-100 in 8 (EIGHT) seconds
>laughingwhores.jpg
How are you supposed to have fun in something so slow?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/mazda/mx-5-miata
3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of the funnest cars I had topped out at 85, and that was after I nigger-rigged it to be able to reliably get over 80 and hold it there.

I would kill myself if I had to be seen in a Miata desu

Well it's fast enough to get to your job at the hair salon

I like shifting at redline but I don't like speeding tickets. Who cares about being objectively fast, it's not a race.

I gotta admit. If my car couldnt do at least 100mph I would probably kill myself. My 95 Camry, my 01 PT Cruiser and now my Veloster can/could all do 100 comfortably. I can't go to a car that can't anymore. Every long stretch of empty highway on late night cruises would make me cry.

I have never gone that fast in a car. I barely get to go over 100 km/h around here.

It's worth doing for kicks at least once or twice. Some people just get off on speed. Personally 85 in said shitbox was a thrill, sometimes life and death if the roads were horrible.

The car I'm in now can get to and hold 85 like I'm casually playing a video game. 85 isn't nearly as fun. But the car overall is much more capable and responsive, and makes it just as fun in a different way to scoot out for groceries or attack some curves.

Straight line speed isn't everything, Cletus.

>Live in Australia
>Go 15km over the limit
>Fun police catch you with one of the many speed cameras
>Lose license, pay a big fine and have your car crushed

I'm starting to think the emus probably weren't that difficult of a foe after all.

I should find an excuse to go on a road trip some time, there are some nice highways where I could go fast.

Holy kek, that's almost slower than my 2003 land barge Commodore

I test drove an automatic at a car show and unironically really want one now. If I could afford it I'd get a Grand Touring with the Red Soft Top and get the dealer to install all the features only available on the manual club trim like the LSD and brembo brakes.

I hope they unfuck their options for 2018, seriously who the hell thought it was ok to make leather seats and lsd/brembos mutually exclusive?

Leather seats suck anyway. They don't breathe and don't handle cold/hot temps well.

>2 litre twin cam
>157hp

I think that's the real issue here....

>It's worth doing for kicks at least once or twice
142mph once 153mph the second time, but both were ass early on mostly empty freeways.

By not being a fucking bus rider

>C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.9 sec

I also know because I own both a 2013 Focus and a 2016 Mazda Miata, the focus has a claimed 0-to-60 of 7.5s and my Miata is considerably faster.

Even so I want all the other options that come with the GT trim.

>Automatic mx-5

LitteralySlowerThanASlowerThanAMinivan.

Skyactiv is designed for thermal efficiency, not power density

>designed for thermal efficiency, not power density
What does this mean? Please explain like I'm a retard, which I am.

>this sports car engine wasn't designed to make good power

Mho are the most delusional people on Veeky Forums and why is it always miatfags?

Except it doesn't have good thermal efficiency, or power density. The FA20 beats it in both regards look at the BSFC of the two engines, the Skyactive makes 25% less power on 11% less fuel,it's actually 12% less thermally efficient.

it basically means it's a small engine designed to get good MPG, not make a lot of power

It fails to get good MPG for a sub 200hp 2L even in a light sports car.

I'm not the guy who made the assertion, just explaining it

>automatic miata
What the fuck

Probably an ausfag

>How are you supposed to have fun in something so slow?

>he's too shit to drive a slow car fast

For around $1K, you can get a Cusco RS LSD to replace the open diff. It's much higher-quality than the cruddy conical LSD that Mazda fits to Club. The Brembos are only fitted to the front, and are heavy bastards. If you find yourself needing better brakes, you can fit Wilwoods to all four corners, which will save you about 19 pounds of unsprung weight. Again, that's a $1K upgrade. The only problem is that if you're intending to autocross, those modifications will take you out of stock classes.

The best part about the Brembo package for the Club is the BBS forged wheels, which are around $4K for the set if you get them separately.

NO LSD as standard?
Into the trash

eight? I thought the original 1.6 did that in eight

I'd like to try the manual version at some point but in the context of a car show I seriously doubt they were going to have a manual on offer since it's was easier to damage the clutch. Thinking about it more maybe I just want something I can cruise in.

I figured the brembos even just in the front would help with California's god awful drivers though the stock brakes are probably sufficient but the BBS wheels are a good point. Also I thought the Red Calipers would look awesome.

You know I listened to an interview with Dave Coleman that Savagegeese did and he was saying the reason they don't offer it on the GT trim is because most people who are buying that trim level want a softer ride rather than better overall handling, and if they offered it as a regular option on the GT trim dealers would always option it out just to make more money regardless of what the buyer is looking for, Mazda's trying to figure out exactly what their demographics are for this car beyond, who's buying certain trims/options and why. The Manual club was specifically focused on hard core enthusiasts while GT was focused on the more "casual" driver who wanted a fun convertible, and in that sense they're competing with an SLK.

>What is a corner

*ATTENTION* OP IS A MASSIVE FAGGOT.
caranddriver.com/mazda/mx-5-miata
>Manual Grand Touring MX-5 Roadster
155hp, 148 lbft, 2332lbs, 0-60***MPH*** 6.1s

NO SHIT SHERLOCK, THIS IS QUITE OBVIOUSLY TERRIBLE BAITING

It is over 8 seconds if you get the world-market 1.5L engine, unavailable in the us.

Revving an engine and shifting through gears in a good handling car is more fun when I have to go get some milk, more fun than getting to 45 in 2 seconds. Low 0-60 times are only useful in drag races, and aren't as fun for daily driving.

Even here the legal speeds are up to 120 km/h in the summer.

The reason the GT doesn't have an LSD is to jew the customer out of more money. It's an out and out admission the Miata's demographic isn't drivers but fashionistas.

I can smell that picture nnnggghh

Why did ANYONE reply to this?

> Not only looking at the auto base spec time

It's like you missed the entire FR-S meme

meanwhile LSD was stock on all 6cyl Z3

I own an ND

I was not a miata stan before the ND/
My thoughts

Power: Pretty good, stat sheets dont tell the full story. The car is very lightweight so the low hp is enough for it. The only thing that you can argue against it is top end power, but the low and mid range are very very good. Has alot of torque, fun little launches to be had. 0-60 is 5.9 sec, can tell you from personal experience driving it that sounds about right.

Handling: Some of the best out in the market right now, especially for an umodded car. I toss the car around like a mad man and can keep control. The car is very forgiving. With some cheap mods this car handles even better than some much higher trim cars out their.

Looks: Gorgeous car, looks wayy better in person. People pull up next to me all the time complementing the car

Most important of all, Fun factor. This car is a joy to drive, I have been in some hooked up fast cars. This car is much funner. Cant toss around my friends 2016 mustang GT like I do with the ND

Light weight, good handling, RWD makes for a perfect combo

Have you test-driven a Fiata yet?

Nope, no good fiat dealears where i was. I also did alot of research and the mx5 is the better choice, that abarth was tempting though but it wasnt out when i was car shopping.

Test drive the ND, will win you over. You will be surprised how much you like it

Mazda do have a very low opinion of it's customers.Still you don't need an LSD when curb crawling outside a gay bar.

original 1.6 was also light as fuck

newer models are heavier even if they do make more power

Don't get an automatic Miata, get a more comfortable car if you need an auto you big dingus

It gets like 28 city, 36 highway, right? Is that not okay for a sportscar? Sure it's not your 93 Civic VX but come on dude, don't be a retard. My NC makes like 27 combined, and that's totally doable.

but seriously, listen to yourself
>why doesn't my sportscar make good dag mileage??? :(((((

The Brembos don't increase stopping time. They cool off faster and decrease likelihood of fade. You can think of the Miata trim levels like this:

Sport - I'm going to modify the piss out of the car so that I can compete in STR.
Club - I want to do well in autocross but stay in stock classes.
GT - I want a fun weekend ride with some luxury bits.

The problem with the GT is that it's not luxurious, and there are better choices at its price point if you don't mind getting used. It really should just be replaced by a loaded RF, as nobody is going to seriously track or autox a RF due to the added weight in the worst place and the fact that you can't install a rollbar on it.

If you get a MX-5 you should get a manual. It's ridiculously easy. If you want a convertible with an automatic, get a 987.2 or 981 Boxster with PDK.

In terms of new current production cars the next step up from a Miata (as far as 2 seat roadsters go) is somewhere in the 70k range for an Alpha 4C. I may be an Ameriburger but I'm not tall, leather seats held me well and I didn't feel cramped in the slightest.

You could place me into the GT category, although getting into Autocross would be cool at some point. See I don't really care about the Luxury part I'm preferable to leather seats but usually fine with cloth, mostly I like a good sound system. Assuming I had 35k in expendable assets just sitting around I'd prefer buying new but that's just me, especially because I like the current Miata a lot in terms of design and personal comfort. I did sit in an RF, but immediately realized I wanted the soft top to maintain that total visibility around you.

Like I said before I'd like to try the manual but I thought the auto was perfectly fine for what I wanted out of the car. Older Boxsters are cool but those are a lot more expensive, even used and they come will all the problems associated with cars of that class. My parents own a 97 XK8 and while it's beautiful and runs fine now my god was were those repairs expensive. I'm sure late model Boxster's are ok reliability wise but I don't think I would want to drop that kind of cash without several thousand in reserve for repair costs since it will be long out of warranty.

It's not OK for a car that light with only 155 hp. Look at how close the bigger 86 twins are in terms of MPG while returning much more power. Or the BMW 220i it splits the ND and 86 in power terms but has considerably better MPG than both a sports car with bad mileage is acceptable just like a low powered car with good mileage is, but a sports car with low power and poor millage now that is retarded. The Skyactiv doesn't actually have a single redeeming feature as an engine.

I don't get it. OP says "0-100" in 8 sec. Is that kph? Aka 0-60mph? Because the new Miata does that in 6 sec...

Maybe Yurop has a shittier engine?

The best thing about the 220i compared to the Miata isn't the extra power, extra practicality, better handling or better mileage. The best thing is the gearbox doesn't explode under spirited launches.

Actually the reason is as stated above the gearbox can't take the punishment of the extra torque it has to handle resulting in 1st 2nd gears collapsing, putting it in the club made turning down warranty claims easier as they were more likely to have been on track. Mazda dealers now Facebook stalk customers for evidence of track days.

Actual leather does breathe user, it's very good at it, it's why for years bike jackets were leather.

It's weird though, the Mazda 3 with a bigger engine and more weight claims 36mpg, mebe they should drop that 2.5 bad boy into it and use the old gearbox.

>want miata
>am 6'4"

>Live in victoria
>have red Ps
>look at a highway pricing command the wrong way
>sirens, knee in back while drug dogs rip up my seats
>find one of my headlights was out
>instant loss of licence, 1800 demerit points, banned from driving for 20 years, 50 thousand dollar fine, car crushed into a cube, cube towed, have to pay the towie 100 grand to tow my cube
>cops leave me in the middle of a desert
>wander around for a month before being rescued
>oh well at least we got a good immigration policy because i voted greens

something something skyactiv

your right
yuros get a 1.8 liter
and its terrible

I have a similar experience. Did not pay miatas any mind for years because of the soapbar looks and fag rep.

Then I test drove the ND and felt absolutely at home. I have one now and enjoy everything about it. My only complaints are the trunk space (part of the compromise) and the faggot reputation that pesters the car to this day mostly thanks to ill-informed (((CAR GUYS))).

Don't call it a miata. Mazda has been phasing that outdated 90s meme name for years since the NC.

>be australian
>wake up next to your sister
>"ay dahlin fahk moi that was a noice root last noight"
>ride a kangaroo to the shitposting plant
>get stopped by abos
>their faces haven't loaded yet because of high ping
>give them all your petrol anyway
>apologise for invading their country
>say thank you to the traditional owners of the land, the irrawajjialabumbajjiju people
>continue on your way
>shitpost hard on Veeky Forums all day so you can afford to pay your internet bill ($1000 for 0.1bps connection, 3mb data cap)
>go home
>get mugged by abos again
>no petrol this time, give them some of your ping instead
>switch on the tv
>the wallabies lost to new zealand again
>"fahkin no worries m8 she'll be roight I'll just watch the loigue instead"
>the kangaroos lost to new zealand again
>"m-muh cricket"
>3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
>"m-muh afl"
>can't see what's happening, players' mullets blocking the camera
>go to new zealand, steal some pavlova, actors and a racehorse and claim they were yours all along
>cry yourself to sleep muttering "m-muh hdi, m-muh gdp per capita"
>get bitten by spoidah
>die within seconds

Nope 2.slow or 1.5. In many ways the 1.5 is the better option.

>it's why for years bike jackets were leather.
Most still are, unless you're thinking of off-road gear. Dirt riders and the adventure touring types like the nylon gear because it's lighter or something. Leather's still best for the road though.

There you go, figured it would have all gone to some goretex type shit these days. So just kevlar style bumpers in traditional leather?

Wat. Jackets are leather for abrasion resistance and wind breaking. If leather was breathable there wouldn't be such a fuckhuge market for synthetic jackets.

There are synthetics that abrade and stop wind better and cheaper yet feel like wearing a plastic bag.

Totally unrelated experience, but leather vs plastic is a decision military guys have to make.
The leather shoes breathe well but require shit loads of work to make inspection shined, while the plastic shoes that look like patent leather are zero maintenance, but your feet come out soaked because they don't breathe at all.

Most accurate rendition of my country I have ever heard

This is the third time I've seen this pasta, and I still crack up when I get to the part about the spoidah