/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

E-55 edition

Want to platoon? Join the Veeky Forums channel in game

Want to do clan stuff?
EU: NOPAN - eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/ (apply through the website and write something nice)

NA: AWOO - na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/

PS4: PLEBS

Other urls found in this thread:

wotacademy.com
a.pomf.cat/nwyezk.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hi

ded thred
ded gaem

wotacademy.com

Watch these stupid WG videos for new players and you'll get a free Locust or the gold equivalent (750). Sorry EU, doesn't apply for you faggots because nobody likes you

Noob question. When you go to sell a tank and have a "complex equipment" on it, it says it will be destroyed. Does this mean totally killed, or sold for half like in World of Warships?

You don't get nuffin' for it.

fug

>you're training

oh and you have to watch them all to the end or it doesn't count and get checked off

I just muted the entire tab and do it that way

hahahaha

I've been away for a while but someone said the Centurion and the 7/1 were getting turret buffs. Did i hear right or did I reinstall for nothing?

well that was fucking aids

>I am Wotacademy

soon

H-h-how soon, user?

Can I dare to believe?

I herd 9.20 is coming in a month or so, but shit might change until then

I always get the feeling Wargaming thought they're american market would be bigger.

It was bigger till their retarded ass changes squandered the market, about 75% of my friends list is perma-dead and I can guaran-fucking-tee you they were whaley as fuck, in fact, the NA market had the highest proportion of whales, and WG squandered that opportunity by their fucked up priorities especially towards end-game content for the last 4 years.

I remember server numbers being 40k combined

Did we ever get SEA avg spending numbers?

SEA would be held up almost entirely by australians and new zealanders, the real asian cash cow is the chinese server

Yeah, used to be in CoAF

Taiwan/HK and Japan topped the per-capita spending, then AU NZ, and finally the rest of the SEA playerbase (i think in this order SG > MY > TH> ID)

untrue, Japan is a far bigger cash cow atm,especially WoWS

I saw the patch ntoes for 9.20 but it doesn't mention them. Maybe they will add ti on later? There are already mentions of quite a few armour alterations though (T-54, Type 4 + 5, Patton).

In other news
>Someone in [NOPAN] plays 50 games per day
How do people do this?

What changes killed the whales?

maybe they're having fun

>is in clan
>plays game for fun

No I won't believe it

t. 1000 WN8

My wn8 is around 500.
Sometimes I just leave the keyboard in the middle of battle because I had something else to do.

I used the cyber tank bot to grind some unpleasant tanks and it plays better than most reds.

Anywhere I can get the bot without paying?

people join clans to have more fun

I got it for free but they changed it and it didn't work any more. I haven't bothered to look again.

Ah well.
I just wanted to bot my alternate account so I can get T95E2 for collection.

I used to play ages ago. What happened to N(ew)T(ank)R(egiment)?

They still around? Still competitive or did they die out or just kicked off the Veeky Forums guild list?

I still remember good times, especially using T7 tanks to take nodes when the other team would be Fielding t10s.

God getting the m60 was some of the most hectic fun I remember.

>Still competitive?
WG killed clans on NA.

We're switching over to the console version.

What happened?

Reduced gold from the global map, time requirements for everything were increased, WG fucked up new player acquisition so nobody was there to replace people getting tired of the game, and they closed down CRD.

>grinding the Churchill VII
>non-stop tier VIII matches

I can't think of a worse fate than this.

>I can't think of a worse fate than this.

Don't worry, there's one just round the corner.

See Also jewing out with powercreep premium tanks, shit maps, breaking the meta with superheavies for braindead BRs, and refusing to do anything about arta and gold ammo.

>Slavomir, we need British tier 7 heavy
>Why not of make T29?
>T29 too (((((((
>Then just makes worse than T29 in every way
Maybe at least the Caernarvon will get a buff if the British medium tanks get their improved turrets.

>jewing out with powercreep premium tanks
They also devalued gold earned in CW and tournaments by making all good new premium tanks exclusive to the cash only shop.

what do you mean refusing to do anything about gold ammo? like removing it?

You know, i thought EU would keep the thread alive. I guess wrong

Amusing how all my tier 8 premiums,

-kv5
-type 59
-FCM 50T
-SU122

with the exception of
-LEFH
-PM10
-T34

are all redundant

What a giant "fuck you" from the game, yeah we didnt nerf PMM tanks, but we just fucked their mm up xD, ))))

>buying shit premiums

You could have done the trade in they did a while ago.

>shit premiums

With the exception of the KV-5, which I rocked an 89% winrate in, all the other premiums were solidly good compared to tier 8 counterparts, which is what makes me fucking rage so hard.

>You could have done the trade in they did a while ago.

I came back cause I heard foch was being removed, so I bought it and tried to play a few matches to grind credits (ended up emptying depot and selling an IS4 to fund it instead) but I was making next to no credits because, I couldn't pen diddly squat, even in my 212 pen FCM which was getting laughed at by these Defenders , Paytriots and Libertes

>89% winrate
Does no one carry gold ammo?

It's from the old days, probably, 2013, 2014, when I'd platoon with other KV-5s, and we'd rampage around at top tier destroying everything.

Considering you rarely saw tier 9s, and the only ones that really gave trouble were low DPM E75s or ST-Is which you could semireliably cupola snipe, you just shat on everything, and I mean everything.

In tier 8, a t32 was the toughest nut to crack, but that was it.

I shot some APCR but with old pref MM, 167 pen was fine.

>sgt pealing spuds

>Dr Pavel I'm WarGaming

What matchmaking KV-5 has now?

Is this game still worth getting back into? Sounds like you guys have a really negative view on the game right now lol.

Even Warthunder seems to be doing better than WOT right now lol.

short answer no

long answer, sell off old tanks and use it to fund gameplay at tier 9 and 10.

Same, but wg changed overall matchmaking to always put tier 8s into tier 9 or 10 games, and rarely (like 1 in a 100) in tier 6 or 7 ones

>reinstall after (I think) 2 years
>still suck ass

At least the 12 other times I've reinstalled gave me a small honeymoon period.

War thunder is worse. If you're gonna play WoT play on console.

Like doing what they did on WoT Blitz and nerfing the damage of HEAT/APCR so it'd be a sidegrade to regular AP.

Personally I don't care much either way because armor is for shitters, but doing this would quiet the waves of permayellow EU shitters who have been screaming about gold ammo for years, and might make the game better overall.

Why is WT worse? I do understand the BR ratings of that game is fucked up.

Is WOT on console any different from the default one on PCs?

I don't need a locust anyway, I have a bajiliion low tier premium tanks

blimey, you're aids

I want to punch that vocal fry voice

I don't trust anyone wearing communist camouflage

what happened to those supermodels from all their advertisements?

Can't I just play the game for tanks fighting tanks and not bother with learning all the mechanics and stuff?
I just want a replacement for SDGO.

a.pomf.cat/nwyezk.webm

WoWS is fun.

WT is worse because while both games throw tanks in completely unrealistic battle scenarions, WoT is aware of that and counters it with 'magick' solutions to problems inherent to such circustances.
WT doesn't

Also I assume he's talking about console's autoaim, more fun prems and some old lines being untouched and some new ones still not introduced.

You know, during WT's closed beta and immediately after release I would have heavily recommended it over WoT any day of the week. It had just the right balance of 'realism' and 'game' blended together, and once you got used to the much slower gameplay and actually looking for the enemy popping Soviet shitmobiles with a single shell in their sweetspots was the most satisfying and rewarding thing I've ever experienced in either game.

But then Gaijin did as Gaijin does and promptly began to fuck up literally everything about their tanks mode to the point where I just gave up completely and haven't touched WT at all in months and months. It's just WoT on the PS4 for me these days.

The Arl v39 grind is going pretty great

Sim battles during the ground forces beta were awesome before people figured out ultra slav.

I think it's not the worst tank to grace the seven seas, certainly it's no HMS Churchill GC

but the 112 is good, one of the best prems in the tech trees

WoT console is just better. We have better graphics, balance, and the light tanks and artillery haven't been ruined yet.

No XVM as well.

Hey guys I have 14k battles and only 1 stock tier 9, is that low?

depends

On what?

Welp, at least you're not shitting up tier X battles

what you're playing for

I want to play the GC just to see. Is that weird.

Churchill GC is actually pretty good once you have the top gun

Wasn't WG planning to slap some extra armor on it?

the top gun is a good gun, however, top tier swedish TD's have more travel of the gun than the GC, and they get a camo rating and troll armor angles

Needs some mobility rather than armor.

>big dumb heavy british tank
>mobility

HAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHA

get a load of this guy, we're ~three minutes in

>When you play a much better game than you usually do and decide to call it a night

>tfw you have no repair kit or medkit and both your gunner and gun have been knocked out

At least you can just hide until is cools down.

Nope, not on console. We still have the old system which I think I prefer honestly. Crew member getting shot and revived multiple times per game seems dumb and takes out a major offensive mechanic.

is fine comrade, Vasily has much body, 120mm round can go through 3, 4 time before he is bisected

I prefer this way, then I'm not stuck with a 20 second reload 5 minutes into a map because of arty.

>finally finish grinding the M103 cuckmobile
>sell that garbage heap immediately and unwind with a couple relaxing games in my Conqueror
>mfw M103 cucks will never know what it's like to have a good gun
>mfw M103 cucks will never know what it's like to have a good turret

Have fun getting ammoracked and dying to Jap heavies.

>hypotheticals vs reality
lmao stay cucked

>cuck
newfag detected, opinion discarded

>VK168.01 (P)

"Ivan, players are complaining against OP superheavies and OP premiums, what do we do?"
>I have idea, Viktor. We of make an OP superheavy AS A PREMIUM

Did some youtube or someone recomended the french Td's?
They are fucking everywhere now in tier 6-7-8 battles all of the sudden.

FastFetus kept shilling the line. Many want a reward tank

budhurdd :-DDDD