/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/24: youtube.com/watch?v=aGMrgDM7Fco#t=26m10s

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_0sZJyCArfg
strawpoll.me/13574435
youtube.com/watch?v=4DlTTRlY7-E
youtube.com/watch?v=so8auTG_oEM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that Rathalos is NOT A KEK, he is the king of the skies, and you tiny monkeys don't know anything

kek of the skies, rathaloser

Don't bully newfriends, /mhg/!

Been replaying MH4U today, I had forgotten just how good:
a) 60(ishmostly) FPS is
b) the monster introduction cutscenes, holy shit those transitions, and the caravan hunter is a fucking badass with all those expertly timed dodges and climbing shit into mounts
c) having an actual narrative rather than the long, unpausing 'errrrrrrrrrrr' of Gen (yes I know most people just ignore it, but it gives some sense of place and meaning to the quests rather than them just being quests)

I completely remembered how bad having to press A for every long, long gathering animation was. Why didn't they add holding A earlier.

You meant mostly 45fps when soloing against low rank monsters.

youtube.com/watch?v=_0sZJyCArfg

On the other hand 3U and 4U had the ability to press A to instantly scroll text or B to skip it, so I have to wonder why XXX didn't.

What I mean is 'more than 30fps'. Anyway, I can't decide on what weapon to use.

strawpoll.me/13574435

>Doing the 4U G2 quest where you hunt both an Azure Rathalos and a Tigrex
>Cut off Rath's tail
>Got a Rathalos Mantle
What do I use this for?

mantling

Well its a grank gem, what do you think. Besides the obvious armour and weapons, you can trade it for lagi mantles at the wycoon if you need those.

Use it to make the best glaive.

>I completely remembered how bad having to press A for every long, long gathering animation was. Why didn't they add holding A earlier
I actually completely forgot about having to keep pressing A and it's why I'm stalling on my new 4U file.
I don't get how the 4U team could know instinctively that Vouchers have no reason to be placed into your item pouch, but it's good design to make players keep pressing A.
Meanwhile, the Gen team is like, pressing A continuously to carve/gather is dumb, but why don't you take this Gourmet Voucher with you on your quest, I'm sure it'll come in handy.

Two steps forward, one step back with these people...

rathalos greaves x has edgemaster+3 for clowning purposes, and it needs the mantle.

What's the best thing I should be looking for in a HBG charm in XX? Attack, pierce up?

For adept or brave cheating?

Which weapon entertains you the most, and why is it this one?

I've only just swapped to XX, but presumably brave since I've heard it's even more retarded than adept.

On most weapons, yes, Brave is utterly broken.

Because of THIS

Mein nigger it gots the dps, it has the reach, it has the badass animation, it can cut tails in a flash, it has everything. Fellow hunters, why aren't you MAINING the best weapon yet?

Someday I wish GE can afford these expensive animation. Then people wouldn't make fun of it. People only accept anime when it's realistic expensive anime.

It just doesn't FEEL like 'my' weapon.

>any japanese dev but capcom or squeenix
>budget
do ho ho

If Frontier had budget, it could afford to render realistic airdashing like this one. Maybe people wouldnt make fun of it.

>On most weapons

>Weapons with a strong Brave style:
HBG, LS, GS, SA, Bow, Hammer.
>Weapons with a decent Brave style:
DB, IG, HH, GL, CB.
>Weapons with a trash Brave style:
SnS, Lance, LBG.

The key to big budget titles is just simultaneous worldwide release. For example Code Vein is pretty anime but it's more realistic anime and people eat it up. But GE wouldn't be "weighty" all of a sudden with more expensive animation because it goes against their formula, but it will be more fluid at least.

This too. Although the zenith style air dashes are much more realistic.
youtube.com/watch?v=4DlTTRlY7-E

Why was every version of 3 basically a whole different game with mostly the same monsters

MH3G is the G rank version of MH3. MHP3 is the Portable spinoff of MH3.

But they introduce new monsters that look anime but are still AnimalPlanet-core regardless

Yes, I am aware

Because I can't guard with it and it has too few moves.

Welcome to Monster Hunter. That's how the formula works.

But the other generations weren't radically different between versions

Example?

1 to 1G
F2 to FU
4 to 4G
X to XX

What's so radical about MH3 to MH3G?

Dropping everything that made Tri unique, but you wouldn't know.

3U completely replaced loc lac city
portable 3rd completely replaced moga village

I wouldn't care either, but that sounds too semantic to be of any argument.

Both were shit anyway.

Fuck off.

>Loc Lac
>Shit
>Worse than Port Tanzia
ok

3U replaced Amatsu with Miralis

MHP3 as was mentioned is the Portable spinoff to MH3.

If P3 is a spinoff then how come no mainline ever beat it in sales? Checkmate.

P3 replaced Ceadeus with Amatsu

>triggered tribaby

It's still mainline, just not a numbered title.

When has any of the portable series been that radically different from the main game

3U replaced Ceadeus with... wait

F2/FU

>it's a tricuck still triggered over losing loc lac episode

MHP2
MHX, which for obvious reasons was not called Portable 4th

I've never even played Tri
It's just objectively better

Kinship between monsters

>4U
>Gravios and Black Gravios are both key quests in G2
I'll be happy if I never see any of these guys ever again.

You'll meet Apex Gravios soon enough

Spit on them, they'll dissolve

youtube.com/watch?v=so8auTG_oEM

F1 is amputed G
F2/FU are very different from dos
3U takes from both tri and P3rd

Threadly reminder

>But you wouldn't know
You're absolutely cancer to this thread.
Yes, Tri had some neato little things that made it unique. It also has some not-so neato little things that made it one of the lesser MH titles.

t. spent over 2000 hours on Tri.

Like not enough content and that's it.

I don't think there'll be new weapons. The current ones are pretty significantly changed up from previous iterations, and they're putting it all into a new engine with new animations and stuff. If there ARE two new weapons, then butter up those poopers because that probably means World's going to have an insane amount of content. Or all their manpower went into the weapons and there'll be no content at all.

Bet you anything if there were new weapons they'd be as OP as CB/IG from 4U.

Underwater was terrible and I'm glad it will never be back.

there's the boomerang and hunting hound, but I really don't think they'd make new weapons just to fill in those gaps. would love to get proven wrong, though.

Literally lazy bullshit for faggots who don't play video games
This meme is pure cancer

Those were shitty ideas the XXX team came up with

>Beat low rank village in 3U
>Check quest list to see what stuff's in high rank
>Not a lot of exciting fights
>Have to beat every quest to unlock alatreon
>Hub quests feature dickloads of multi-monster fights
>Lose all motivation to play
eh, guess I'll just wait for World

>Older MH games were known for being almost cartoonish
"muh anime"
:^)

There are more weapon ideas from MH1 still

>insane amount of content
It's just par for the course of a new generation.

You did not even play 25% of the game and you already give up?

Look at that cartoon
Meanwhile Zinogre is hyper realisitic

>have a "good" charm
>don't want to farm out sets that'll just become invalidated later
Charms really were a mistake

>Not a lot of exciting fights
???
Zinogre, Lagiacrus, Diablos, Barioth, Rathalos, Nargacuga, Duramboros, Agnaktor, Brachydios? Are none of those exciting to you?

It's almost like we've been in an anime all along!

Yes, because fighting big, colorful monsters is realistic

But you meet the best monsters in high rank

>using "older monster hunter games" to refer to 4/4U/Gen/XX
this nigger

Not really
Also I've fought all of those in 4/xXx, only new things would be some subspecies, of which I'd only be interested in the Lagis

He also doesn't like seafood

Wow guys being racist is not cool, seriously, I've only been here for 2 months but I would really like it if we all just stopped being racist and followed the format of reddit.

The community is so toxic I really think that minorities or LGBTQ communities would be offended by this site.

Together guys we can change the narrative and be more inclusive.

FOR THE CHAN!!!!

Well, I certainly would applaud anyone wanting to post 100 copypastas, but take it from this old /mhg/ rat, I've spent my entire adult life shitting up Monster Hunter Generals, and a program like this one can do more harm than good.

If you only train one part of your shitposting (and that's all a single method like pasta is going to do for you), you're setting yourself up for injuries down the road. I've seen it a hundred times.

It's like putting a powerful engine in a stock Toyota Tercel. What will you accomplish? You'll blow out the drive train, the clutch, the transmission, etc., because those factory parts aren't designed to handle the power of an engine much more powerful than the factory installed engine.

Copypasta basically only trains the spamming and to some extent, the attention whoring. What you really want to do is train your entire shitposts, all the major post groups (b8ing, memespamming, circlejerking and ERPing) at the same time, over the course of a thread. And don't forget your ban-dodging work!

I'm proud of you guys wanting to do this. Three cheers! Falling in love with shitposting, ruining threads right, etc., is one of the greatest things you can do for yourself. And you WILL fall in love with it if you can just force yourself to stick with it a year or two and experience the amazing progress you'll make.
But do it right, okay?

My advice, find a good shitposter, with a name and tripcode who will design your posts for you (especially in the beginning, until you get the hang of it yourself) and guide you in your quest for destroying good discussion. Thirty to 45 minutes a day, three days a week, is all you'll ever need to do (I refuse to believe anyone is so busy that he or she cannot make time for that, especially considering how important it is).

While I agree, apart from gobul, underwater monsters were really cool. Especially Ceadeus, I love him.

What's at the top of the tree?

eggs

rathalos

While Rathalos' nest is at the very top of the level based on the map, the level doesn't go all the up until the top of the tree, only until the top of the roots.

yeah but there's just more rathalos on top of the tree

Which he shares with howling zinogre and diorex

Raths fucking. No really.

Mew

>G2 Black Gravios quest
>Cart twice
>Manage to survive the rest and kill him
FUCK YOU NIGGER

you should have made it with multiple choices,
my answer to your strawpoll would be GS/Lance/SnS

Surely one of those must be the MOST patrician. Like, if someone had the materials to make a single one of them, which would you say it should be?

>Or all their manpower went into the weapons and there'll be no content at all.
Capcom stated in an interview that World will have the largest amount of content out of any MH game, and that there will be plenty of returning monsters.
It's not a Tri esque reboot at all.