/domg/ - Dominions 4 General

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (UPDATED!)
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MBXuACjAf3LpKxgTueO5wXraAy4AEYAMbPFq9eEDMFE
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=JapeCulture
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MyLifeIsFallingApart
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=dontpissmeoffimclosetolevelingandyoulooklikejustenoughexptomakemelevelupjustlikeintheclassicfinalfantasyvideogamesontheplaystationandsupernintendowhereyouplayascloudstrifeandinordertokillsephirothyouhavetogetstrongerbylevelingupbygettingexpfromkillingbadhuysinturnbasedbattleswhileyouprogressthroughastorytellingexperiencesothisshirtislikeavideogamereferenceexceptsubtle
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=WhatthefuckdidyoujustfuckingsayaboutmeyoulittlebitchIllhaveyouknowIgraduatedtopofmyclassintheNavySealsandIvebeeninvolvedinnumeroussecretraidsonAlQuaedaandIhaveoverthreehundredconfirmedkillsIamtrainedingorillawarfareandImthetopsniperintheentireUSarmedforcesYouarenothingtomebutjustanothertargetIwillwipeyouthefuckoutwithprecisionthelikesofwhichhasneverbeenseenbeforeonthisEarthmarkmyfuckingwordsYouthinkyoucangetawaywithsayingthatshittomeovertheInternetThinkagainfuckerAswespeakIamcontactingmysecretnetworkofspiesacrosstheUSAandyourIPisbeingtracedrightnowsoyoubetterprepareforthestormmaggotThestormthatwipesoutthepatheticlittlethingyoucallyourlifeYourefuckingdeadkidIcanbeanywhereanytimeandIcankillyouinoversevenhundredwaysandthatsjustwithmybarehandsNotonlyamIextensivelytrainedinunarmedcombatbutIhaveaccesstotheentirearsenaloftheUnitedStatesMarineCorpsandIwilluseittoitsfullextenttowipeyourmiserableassoffthefaceofthecontinentyoulittleshitIfonlyyoucouldhaveknownwhatunholyretributionyourlittleclevercommentwasabouttobringdownuponyoumaybeyouwouldhaveheldyourfuckingtongueButyoucouldntyoudidntandnowyourepayingthepriceyougoddamnidiotIwillshitfuryalloveryouandyouwilldrowninitYourefuckingdeadkiddo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for A~

Oh wait...

Second for modnation games

>Shit OP edition

Fourth for being thankful to Phlegton for douing a double turn.

Reposting from last thread.

New version of the magical fatigue calculator out.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MBXuACjAf3LpKxgTueO5wXraAy4AEYAMbPFq9eEDMFE

Fixed a couple of minor bugs that were reported to me, and another couple I noticed myself.

Could whoever's handling the pastebin update the link?

Make it yourself next time, then.

>No edition name
>Random image without even a good filename

git gud

Modernization.
Notable changes:
Lentia
Elludia
Phlegton
Deyja
Sawaiki

Daily reminder to always remove Ulm.

Filenames and edition names are for fags. The image is a trap.
Git yrself gud.

Admin, if Arco stales again, set him AI.

But that's not sneaky Elfs.

>Sloth 3
All my actions have been in-character so far

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=JapeCulture

>Late Age, unlimited players
>Players so far: 7

Come on niggers, you can do better than that.
Dont you want to come and play in a clusterfuck game?

>late age
No, I don't.

Sorry, I don't think I can handle more that 3 active games.

>LA

Fuck off troll.

Lol, plebs.

someone start a no meme summod meme game that's MA or EA
i'm adminning 2 games so I don't want to

Is better arena and worthy heroes memey according to you?

I would want to join it but I'm already in too many games, sorry user.

I guess I could admin it, though.

I WILL

you just have to tell me what setting are usually there
Magic site density , thrones etc

No
Uh, all default except for story events off, score graphs off, Hall of Fame 15, no limited artifact construction, need to hold more than half of all thrones to win

This made me think of something: How about a game with as many level3 thrones as possible where you win with 3 throne points?
So you have to try to rush the throne before the others do.

Dumb idea. Not only are thrones UW barely defended but it would also basically be single player game.

I wanted to upload faerum as a map but the llama kept grumbling something about it not being a viable image file
What do?

Maybe ban uw thrones?
The point is that most level 3 thrones can't be captured until like turn 20-30 minimum, so you can get to fight others or expand.

But yeah, you have a point in that it's not a brilliant idea.

Change the type of image file maybe?

>The point is that most level 3 thrones can't be captured until like turn 20-30 minimum
I dont know man, I bet Abysia or giants could do it pretty quickly.

Updated the pastebin link.

indies 9 always

t. Abysian Permacuck

>he didn't do a double turn

Just rush him.

He should rush his turn instead.

>turn 19
>rush
love this meme

Sure, I'll use the word "gangbang" from now on just for you.

Faerun is a meme map tho

Are angels actually worth summoning?

I T D E P E N D S
T

D
E
P
E
N
D
S

Does it really though?

Harbingers are good A mages, as are Fallen Angels

er, by which i mean fallen angels are worth it not that fallen angels are A mages. They aren't, they're flying F3D3B3s for 88 blood slaves

What about the smaller angels who show up with arch angels and harbingers? If you could summon them on their own would they be useful?

What if Pythium got them with their priests in battle like Ragha gets Fravashi?

lolno they're trash

I was asking because I was wondering about summons for a bunch of holy guys. I have guardian angels worked out.
What if you got them at like conj 3-4 or something?

If you made them cheap, and scale with paths, and required low paths to summon them, yes they would be good

S2, 10 pearls, summons 5+ angels of the host at conj 4 would be ok

Healing light

*deletes healing spells*

If they gave like regen 100% for 3 turns they would be way better.

Can ethereal units be trampled like ordinary material troops?

Yes, but their etherealty applies, so it's 1/4 chance.

Ty

What's the deal with having both fireball and flare?

flare is for when you need a smaller number of harder to kill units dead, whereas fireball is for spamming. Neither are preferable to spamming fire elementals though

vale of infinite horrors is such a fucking annoying event, holy shit

Fireball is preferable to fire elementals when you too much mage support relative to what you are fighting and you need to save your gems for a later fight.

>if they [were much more powerful] they would be way better
You have powers of observation beyond the ken of mortal men.

But do you have powers of doing turns fast?

yes but I always wait until the last hour so that I don't have to do the next turn so soon

Where are my turns?

I would give them to you but sadly as things are now, all I can give you is burden of time.

well, as the game name says, my life is falling apart and i need something to bring me some kind of joy in the coming days
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MyLifeIsFallingApart

: (

what cancer type?

Malakal.

none, i don't even have a good excuse, i'm just not very good at being successful

Is the Capitals filter for magic sites not working in the inspector?
I'd find this out myself if it did, but what nations in EA have access to fire gems from their capitals?

my point was if it is not something deadly you can make it. Good luck fellow user!

Joined as mictlan

just open each nation's units and mouseover

kill me, ermor

ha
everyone i know tells me shit like this
i hate that i waste their time

Some people were talking about "combo blesses" like F9W9 giving Acid Weapon, but is that even moddable? Any modmen out here to answer?

Blesses are not moddable.

Join JapeCulture my dude. We'll cheer you up.

Some blesses are moddable.

The damage effect of the F9 and D9 bless is actually a weapon effect that can be modded. Back in the Desura days Ohlmann made a mod where the F9 bless hit everyone on the battlefield whenever it triggered.

I often wonder how they decide what to make modable. Like why make guardian spirits a thing you can mod into a nation when its only used by caleum but you cant mod in freespawn without using some bullshit workarounds.

>LA
if i wanted a reason to commit suicide, maybe

But LA is the era with the most interesting and well-made nation in game (Bogarus).

I will only join if you tell me your name on Steam. Too many badmins around.

How much of an effect does Wrath of God cause outside your dom?

An alright amount. It will kill mages and troops occasionally, especially human-sized. Especially with Foul Air active.

Minor, but annoying. It's a spell you cast to make other people attack you, basically.

much less than what it does in your dom, which is already negligible

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=dontpissmeoffimclosetolevelingandyoulooklikejustenoughexptomakemelevelupjustlikeintheclassicfinalfantasyvideogamesontheplaystationandsupernintendowhereyouplayascloudstrifeandinordertokillsephirothyouhavetogetstrongerbylevelingupbygettingexpfromkillingbadhuysinturnbasedbattleswhileyouprogressthroughastorytellingexperiencesothisshirtislikeavideogamereferenceexceptsubtle

Join my game

holy jesus user that's glorious
joining as jotunheim

sorry, wrong name

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=WhatthefuckdidyoujustfuckingsayaboutmeyoulittlebitchIllhaveyouknowIgraduatedtopofmyclassintheNavySealsandIvebeeninvolvedinnumeroussecretraidsonAlQuaedaandIhaveoverthreehundredconfirmedkillsIamtrainedingorillawarfareandImthetopsniperintheentireUSarmedforcesYouarenothingtomebutjustanothertargetIwillwipeyouthefuckoutwithprecisionthelikesofwhichhasneverbeenseenbeforeonthisEarthmarkmyfuckingwordsYouthinkyoucangetawaywithsayingthatshittomeovertheInternetThinkagainfuckerAswespeakIamcontactingmysecretnetworkofspiesacrosstheUSAandyourIPisbeingtracedrightnowsoyoubetterprepareforthestormmaggotThestormthatwipesoutthepatheticlittlethingyoucallyourlifeYourefuckingdeadkidIcanbeanywhereanytimeandIcankillyouinoversevenhundredwaysandthatsjustwithmybarehandsNotonlyamIextensivelytrainedinunarmedcombatbutIhaveaccesstotheentirearsenaloftheUnitedStatesMarineCorpsandIwilluseittoitsfullextenttowipeyourmiserableassoffthefaceofthecontinentyoulittleshitIfonlyyoucouldhaveknownwhatunholyretributionyourlittleclevercommentwasabouttobringdownuponyoumaybeyouwouldhaveheldyourfuckingtongueButyoucouldntyoudidntandnowyourepayingthepriceyougoddamnidiotIwillshitfuryalloveryouandyouwilldrowninitYourefuckingdeadkiddo

join my game

>Not just forging eight billion Fire in a Jars

I guess llamaserver didn't like my game names...

llamabeast probably thought they were just jokes and removed them. Message the llama and tell him that you were serious.

LA is where the fun happens, my man.

I also prefer MA and EA but I'm sick of them for now

I should have known this after all the time I've spent in the inspector but it never occurred to me. Good to know.