>nice interior
>rwd or awd available
>affordable
>decent reliability
Best hatchback on the market.

Wish they had sold them in the states.

cool car
youtube.com/watch?v=ey4Rh5kjXl0

Bought mainly by brown immigrants that can't afford basic maintenance because it's the cheapest bimmer. Good luck finding one that's been kept well

Only applies to base models 116i and 118d
123d/130i/135i usually are well kept

Friend has a 2014 118i, rwd around 200bhp 4cyl its an m sport so very nice interior and boot space is decent. Unfortunately he's having a few issues with the gears slipping and turbo at the moment but I don't think that is a wide spread issue. If you like them pick one up OP

In my Yuropoor western country, they are the number 1 female cars.
Only blonde bimbos drive them.

I like em though, but the stereotype is not alllowing me to by one!

Clown shoe. Unless you own a big dogo, get a car-shaped one.

Maybe because the clutch wasn't made for 200hp

I find all 1 series to be abhorrent styling wise except the 1m which is weirdly cute. but yeah depending on engine potentially really fun car

Its stock

Oh ok, i didn't read the 2014, that's why i was confused!

Well then it's just a bad car!

>stock 118i
>200bhp

wat

Gay, just get an old M Coupe

you do realize those cars appreciate

huh that song

>bmw used to mock fwd
>are now actively making fwd soccer mobiles and soon even the 3 series will be fwd

lmao

3 series will never be fwd

Screencap that post.

Implying Veeky Forums will exist for the next 30-40 years more until cars become cucked shitmobiles

>implying you need to wait 30-40 years for that to happen

OPEN DIFF KEK

Full uggo

yea that's why you said about any fwd bmw

meanwhile they sell more and more cars in a market (china) that's overly concerned with badge and comfort and not but weight distribution muh drivin machuun (like that actually has any weight now that even a cadillac and c-class outhandle a 3 series)

furthermore they're testing the waters with the new M5 which is AWD. so they can make standard 3 series FWD and higher end ones AWD
15 at most

also look at this special china only market 1 series

it looks nice no? wanna know what's special about it? it's fwd

(I feel obligated to reply again just to say that in case you're missing the obvious, that 1 series is a clear bit smaller 3 series in FWD format)

1 series buyers are badge whores for the most part, they don't care about handling or performance.
Plus you can't fit an inline 6 in a fwd platform.
If switching to fwd was so viable other manufacturers who don't care about their buyers (see Mercedes) would have built their top sellers (in this case the C class) fwd too.

And if BMW truly only cared about cheaping out they wouldn't be offering manuals in their sports sedans and coupes (like Benz, Audi or Alfa romeo) and they wouldn't be so anal about weight savings and weight balance.

sorry what? is that your argument? you DO realize the 328i/330i is already a 4cyl now? yes?

and do you really think other bmw models aren't badge whore exemplaries? that chinamen really care if their bmw has a 6cyl N/A that pushes power throuh a manual 6speed to the rear wheels and has 50/50 distribution?

an you really think c-class isn't bound for the same path with the amount of CLA-class selling? ahhahaha mate you really think those damn krauts give a fuck about your fucking feelings and hopes? and not profits?

m5 is two fucking tonnes and the new M vehicles are slowly starting to not even offer manuals! (the new m5 doesn't have one announced and you know it wont get it) the manuals in both BMW/mercedes are slowly reserved for entry tier diesels that serve as taxis!

C63/M3/RS5 etc still have to compete in performance otherwise the market will be shit and there will be no profit.
People still care about loud engines and fast cars and RWD fun.

Mercedes E63 and Audi RS6/7 have never had manuals ever in history and nobody ever gave a shit.
New M5 is lighter than the previous M5 btw.

ye and they can easily make the c63/m3 on a fwd platform like audi has been making the rs5!

they can even make the 335i a fwd with pseudo awd like the new s5!
ok so that brings me back my point that nobody will give a shit that their super special m3 shares the platform with fwd ecoboxes!

New S5 and RS5 use rwd biased torsen AWD.
As long as people will care about sports cars and as long as they keep buying them bmw and benz will keep building rwd sports cars.

>bmw just turned their RWD icon into awd

no

AWD was neccessary in order to compete with the new E63S and RS6/7 and it's still switchable to rwd.

>extra weight for dumb dickwaving
>cares for weight savings

na

mad at bavaria, friend?

I've got a 2005 120d. One of the best cars I've ever driven. A nightmare on snow obviously.

not really my affordable dream car is an e39 m5 but bmw is not what it used to be and you can either accept that or face disappointment when they're more concerned with chink market than muh rwd

The 1 series is the official car for the poorfag that wants a sort of new BMW, but cannot afford a sort of new BMW.

The amount of 1.6 and 2.0 litre diesels beg belief, a lot of these things reek of spartanism. You will find a lot of them with manual rear windows and a questionable A/C.
Like any BMW that lacks proper tires, the 1 series is a terrible car in winter and especially on rain. Cramped in the back and boot space could be better.

>TL;DR If you want a sort of new BMW, but cannot afford a sort of new BMW, you buy a 1 series.

The only car that is even more pointless is the X1.

I own one and can't agree more. At least mine is full optional

It weighs less than the previous gen RWD M5 and you're still bitching, srsly?
New M5 is also lighter than all generation E63's and Audi RS6/RS7's.

128i and 135i are damn good cars. I wish we got them as hatches in the states