/mg/ - Miata General: sweet relief edition

I took those stupid spacers out of my steering wheel and raised it like an inch and a half. I highly recommend this procedure, the car feels bigger now. One mistake I made was trying to take top the nuts off, however, those fuckers are welded on so you need to take the panel under your steering wheel off and take the bolts off instead and then remove the spacers. Mine is a '91 so it might be different for newer models.

Pissed right now. I bought a few parts earlier in the year that needed to be painted, and the company I work for unexpectedly laid me off before I could have it done. I finally get called back but I wanted to save for a couple months over the winter before I sent the parts out for paint. Then on my 4th week back to work, the company tells me that they're laying me off again. Trying to find a new job in a different field, but it's tough finding a company who's willing to train me. They all want someone with at least 5 years of experience.

Never heard of that procedure, got any pictures or an actual guide?

Sorry to hear that, I am also trying to find a job. Good luck with it senpai

take this panel off

under there on each side of the steering column are two 12mm bolts with the number 9 on each of them, unbolt them. Remove the grey spacer things. You'll probably want to use channel locks because they're pretty tightly squeezed on there. Put the bolts back on, torque to 10 lb-ft

enjoy having blood in your legs

What is the best year miata? Is it the second gen? NB? I'm 6 foot. Big feet. Had trouble getting into an NA I test drove but still wanted one.

I heard the NA roomier than the NB but the NC and ND have REAL adjustable steering. If you're a lanklet like I am, leg room is the only concern which can be fixed following the above excellently illustrated guide if you want an older miat

cool, thanks. Are either models faster than the other stock? I know each model later on gets more power, but they also get heavier.

I think the 1999 is the fastest but not by much. The 1.6 is slow af but for some reason they always are in better condition than the others. I got my '91 with the intention to engine swap it

>I think the 1999 is the fastest but not by much.
*between the NB and the NA

gotcha

Best guide ever, thanks br/o/

Sad bump™

So why'd mazda stop making the NA cute cars and turn the rest in to angry fish faces?

Should I buy an E36 or Miata for my first car?

Don't care about Miatas, just dropping in to say that's pretty smart.

Will I die in a Miata?

Why not the NB2? The VVT motor makes at least 10 more hp.

pigfat af

The NA doesn't come with a rollbar, nor side intrusion bars. It also sits very low.

The NB have 50-50 weight and is much better that the NA but the most horrible is the sensor of the key

How much should I pay for a good condition 97 Miata? I live in the Inland Empire (Southern CA)

Neither the NC nor ND have telescoping wheels and that's a problem for armlets with long legs.
Hopefully!

Everyone wants 5 years experience but really just it's HR bullshit.
Rewrite your CV and upload it to some new sites.

Not even taking the piss, but that is better than most guides people write on forums.

I was also serious