/dadg/ - Darkest Dungeons General

Perched at the very precipice of oblivion.

Previous Dungeon: →

Artist's Deviant Art:
cribs.deviantart.com/

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/ayjczL4M

Fanfiction Masterlist:
pastebin.com/CcNahBZW

OST:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGOvv8Bziniqak1ebzd6njY9S27GdxPRL

Narrator:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy1RoYlej6xWqRRci7K_OuQWa-7UgG0uo

Kickstarter heroes & trinkets
darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Backer_heroes
darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Backer_trinkets

Official website:
www.darkestdungeon.com

Dev Posts & Patch Notes:
steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions

Catalogue Page:
boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/catalog#s=darkest

Wiki:
darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Darkest_Dungeon_Wiki

Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/262060

Less grind mod with some Veeky Forums skins:
nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/77?

More Veeky Forums skins & classes + Musketeer:
pastebin.com/7jBkcKBN (embed)

Bonus PS4 Trinkets:
mega.nz/#!aVIxQSST!JaFQk8xBChAaa4_XnKz5ZsU0Dt9FEODpUEYriEkvWnk

user-approved newbie guide:
pastebin.com/jK4HPS2e

/dadg/'s own champion boss guide
pastebin.com/e3Sc7VER

/dadg/'s annotated CC maps:
imgur.com/a/DU3tH

Darkest Dungeon maps and guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612579203

Darkest Dungeon font (Dwarven Axe BB)
mega.nz/#!UUkBEJ4Z!-AZT4bS1WahgSVyUpS6P-BCJjaKjvjiWMBr2jXzFpDc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XPw-rGU6gBI
mega.nz/#!0HhUkSCY!gTvsbR35dDootgUgax6EhL30isjDK0YVPd6Jat7bQL4
darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Party_Combos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for DEATHBLOW!

>another expabsion like CC on Q1 2018 about goblins and shit.
ITS TIME

Someone should make Darkest Desires compatible with the current build

Is it strange that I've unlocked the chance to get Lvl5's in my Coach before I actually leveled a character up to 5?

Got DD working on 8" tablet. A little inconvenient controls, but overall still playable.

Best waifu

I suppose that makes sense if you've been running a lot of expeditions to collect resources - and have been dismissing your stressed heroes afterwards. You monster! Welcome home. Such as it is.

god raiders talisman on GR is fucking insane

>28% to crit

looking a tad wan friend

>about goblins and shit
I'm sad.

Can i bumrush the first DD on Bloodmoon to take advantage of the 50% increased resolve XP for the remainder of the campaign? Since time is of the essence it seems like thatd be a good thing to do

Goblin slayer skin when?

Just stun them after their turn, so that they don't protect/heal him again later.

turn order doesn't mean much in really really long fights.

Remind yourself.

>walking around with a bright light advertising your presence and revealing your surroundings somehow surprises monsters

I don't see why not. But more than likely trying that will just result in a wasted week and multiple deaths.

>kicking open the room door while they're relaxing
>not surprising

>chilling out in a comfy dark room with my best buds cultist and eldritch monsters 1 and 2
>suddenly the room is flooded with really fucking bright light and a squad of assholes comes in and starts fucking us up

>Go for Hag
>Second fight, bug fuckers
>UR A FAGET, dodges three goddamn times in a row
>Somehow get crits on all the tickhead nasty's and they die
>Little shit takes his invitation and runs
>Suddenly 4 goddamn misquitos
>My Occ gets afflicted in two turns

Masochism is a bitch... At least he's not abusive I guess...

What would you guys say is the worst affliction? Abusive always pisses me off since it stresses the entire party, but the one that causes them to start stealing shit makes me so mad sometimes I go home and don't even try to heal them, just kick them out of the fucking hamlet.

I'm making a randomly generated darkest dungeon quests mod, someone to help me write good descriptions for the quests ?

>reach the viscount
>activate riposte on HWM
>boss proceeds to kill himself in 2 turns from multiple riposte crits
>didn't even get to see what the corpse adds did
>apparently they were some nasty healer shits that needed to be taken out before the boss
Feels good.

>Eating bananas is a surefire way to get swarmed by mosquito's

What did he mean by this...?

Although Abusive characters have a nasty tendency to take the rest of the party down with them, as you've mentioned, I think I hate Irrational the most.

>bounty hunter's resolve is tested
>'I WILL FEAST ON YOUR CORPSE!'
>oh, well, could be worse
>hey bounty hunter
>collect that collector
>'Nah, not unless you triple my pay... No, quadruple it'
>*pass*

Fuck

I don't dismiss many, my bittersweet problem is that I love running with the Bigger Barracks mod, and I swap out my teams a lot.

The smell of bananas attracts mosquitoes
seriously

Fuck

What are the quests?

Is it Quelling Cultists?

When is the Collector going to update his collection? Just imagine how awesome his boss fight could be if he had one of every class head.

He should also collect/use the heads from bosses you have slain.

One year in and this is my first time seeing one since maybe the third dungeon. Dare I?

I haven't used my camp yet so I can at least make sure I'm a little better off.

The "do all room battle" and "explore" type mission, in short/medium/long lengths

No, go kill the necromancer instead

I think I killed the viscount in like 1 turn when I went. Occ marked it, BH crit for 60, other BH crit for 60, HM crit for 40

How?

Why is the hamlet so comfy?

RELEASE THE BLOODSUCKER SKINS ALREADY

>position 3 occultist

If you have the two virtue chance trinkets ans 3 abominations possibly. Watch this for reference: youtu.be/XPw-rGU6gBI

Fair enough. I just wonder when I'll have another chance at this

Those and HM are the only ones that are useable, and even then there;'s only one color. I wanted to at least finish all the heroes first, but I can throw up a download of what I have so far I guess. Give me a minute to put a file together

The idea of an occultist in pos 1 or 2 just doesn't feel right to me. He's a *mage*. He's wearing *robes*.

When I'm trying to upgrade my heroes, do I focus on unlocking their skills first so they have access to several abilities, or do I focus on upgrading their equipment so they deal more damage? I know their health is based on their armor class and keeping them off of death's door is important, but at the same time being able to have any hero combination by not having skills locked seems important, too.

If you really wanna shambler hunt run around I'm lower level dungeons in pitch black

Yes

which of the districts should I build first

That looks fucking badass, dude, godspeed.

Mages can cast all sorts of protective wards or even healing spells, though. That and their crowd control skills usually overshadow their damage-dealing capabilities compared to mundane classes. It seems weird but spell casters tend to be top tier tanks.

The one that gives blood every week

Do they lock your heroes from returning?

Only unlock the skills you want. It's no use unlocking a skill you'll never use. Think of your character's role and position and pick skills based on that.

Upgrade the skills for basic attack abilities only marginally increases their accuracy. It's best to only upgrade skills that do bleed, or blight, or heal, or debuff, etc. Similarly, upgrading weapons doesn't help much for characters who don't do much direct damage.

Upgrade your skills on the plague doctor and vestal, and upgrade the weapons on your highwayman and crusader. You only need to upgrade the rest when you have enough spare cash for it.

You don't really need it when the blood gathering quests are around.

I'd recommend the bank first, before maybe the athenium or altar of light or whatever second

I don't know why I needed two posts for this. Tired, not thinking straight.

Anyway here's all there is so far. I'll post another when I finish the next batch. Just drop these into the heroes individual folders like with any cheap skin mod then manually select them in game. I would love to make it automatically apply when a hero gets cursed but that would take some fucking ridiculous mod wizardry to figure out.

>mega.nz/#!0HhUkSCY!gTvsbR35dDootgUgax6EhL30isjDK0YVPd6Jat7bQL4

>fighting flesh
>game freeze
>aw fuck now I gotta do the dungeon again
>alt f4
>restart game
>its exactly where I left off

absolutely fucking based

Sadly the "never again" debuff is hardcoded, so i had to find an alternate way.

If you want to use the mod (i'll likely finish it tomorow once i put the boss missions), you'll need to enable "permissive" in the options. I changed so when a permissive hero enter the dd again he doesn't recieve the -25% virtue chance nor the 80 stress.
Bear in mind that the random quest only generate after you kill the heart of darkness

>If we've any hope of braving the darkness, we must first light the way. Map out these maddening halls so we may have even the faintest chance.

Thank you for this advice.

Finally got CC. Whats a good party to send out on the first mission?

I've noticed that some group combinations have a "name" for what that group, the most notable being "Red Hook" (Crusader/Highwayman/Vestal/Waifudoctor). Is there a composite list somewhere that links all of these named groups? It would really please my autism.

Got 4 guys dead to first tick deathblows due to DoT.

I think I'm gonna lay down a bit

Here

>Indestructible
>All party members are tanks.
>Arba is a tank
Nani?

Yes.
This pleases me.

She wears full plate armour

Dark Currents: With the coming of the tide, comes the coming of ____. Cleanse the cove for fear of ____

Best I can do user

>just came back from my first champion run, short Cove
>pretty challenging, but nothing I couldn't deal with
>looking for next mission
>see Ancestor's Pen as a reward; I'd really want to get that
>Long Champion Warrens
>don't really like that, but I was able to deal with the last, so it shouldn't be TOO bad
>famous last words
>get a team of Ves-GR-Cru-Jest (I'm playing on console, so Finale is still busted), upgrade them to the max and give them my best trinkets
>let's do this
>outside of my introduction to Skiver (IT HUUUUURTS), things go decently
>out of camps, but at high health and low stress
>just two more rooms
>morale pretty high, top the torch and go in the first
>Carrion, Chopper and Skiver, and they're suprised!
>confidence surges
>Jester with Sun Ring goes for the Finale, 115 accuracy, there's no way he'll miss
>he missed both times this fight
>Spit to Roast and Ball n Chain combo-kill Vestal
>ok, things start going bad, I'll just finish this fight and retreat
>Cripple Them crits and puts Jester and GR on DD, and GR is also Blighted
>sweet baby Jesus
>GR gets her turn, Blight damage
>hangs on Death's Door
>oh God thank you
>immediately get the fuck out
>lost my best Vestal, Ancestor's Map and Tome of Holy Healing
>I remind myself

should i buy Crimson Court?

>tfw near perfect long dungeon run

feels good

Yes

You get a slight sinking feeling in your stomach when you're having a really good run with no stress whatsoever and you know it can't last.

>taking gold over gems

>that feeling when you haven't scouted, your team is high on stress and low on health, and you walk into the second main room of the dungeon only to find a swine abomination boss waiting for you with a cleaver the size of your body

>Bully the necromancer into the fucking dirt and finish with everyone in decent shape.
>Actually consider going back and taking on the Shambler
>Necromancer's deathblow narration is to REMIND YOURSELF

Well that was fucking divine intervention if ever I saw one. We out.

>leper in a moving party
Why?

High contagion and these are most of my only vamps. I'm trying to keep that shit from spreading as best I can.

I just realized on this second playthrough that one of the Leper's skills is a mark

It's a self mark iirc.

selfmarks only

>not taking gold over gems

>0
>Bleed

what was I thinking, Leper having some utility?

Im am dumb

any simple draw request?

Leper playing his flute

Two antiquarians fighting to the death over a penny

So how do light based quirks apply in the courtyard anyway? Do they just not do anything?

Bloodlight = Radiant Light

Bloodlight counts as full torch

Courtyard counts as 75+ light

Highway man hiding from Hellion

bounty hunter being bear hugged by hellion and blushing

Well that's more forgiving than I expected. Guess everybody gets a sun cloak

Jesus Christ you beat me to it

Dude, did Antiquarian just crap treasure?

Hellion being cute, Hellion is my waifu

4 lepers during camp, everyone going into quarantine and standing as far away as possible from eachother.

>rank 1 and 4 vestals
>rank 3 hellion
u fokken wot m8

not him but

That's cute. Thanks user.

Is the DLC worth getting? When is it supposed to be played? I'm past week 100 and i only have to defeat 2 of the main bosses before going to clear the Darkest Dungeon. Also I don't know if the game gets reset at that point and if i should make a fresh start on another save file.

>Is the DLC worth getting?
For $10? Yes.
>When is it supposed to be played?
Whenever you're sick of hearing SANGUINE MEMORY and you have four lvl 2-3 heroes.
> I'm past week 100 and i only have to defeat 2 of the main bosses before going to clear the Darkest Dungeon. Also I don't know if the game gets reset at that point and if i should make a fresh start on another save file.
DLC is best experienced on a new save file. If you really don't wanna rush it just for the dlc, play it under a new radiant save. I recommend playing it on a new normal mode. At 100 weeks, if you have absolutely nothing to do, waiting for the infestation to rise for invitations is a grind.

>four Jesters Mocking each other in turn
>four Occultists collectively Abandoning Hope
>four Hellions Reveling