Is she right?

is she right?

its only correct if shes talking about cars made before the 80s

Written very moronically but it’s somewhat true.

no, cars were shit before electronics. people get butt blasted because its not always a simple fix when a electronic component shits the bed on a new car. thats all.

>she

wtf i hate old cars now

modern cars are objectively superior in every single way

VACUUM HOSES EVERYWHERE
Have zhe read a vacuum hose diagram and xeilr will change xis mind in an instant

Technically yes.

But I still love my old shitboxes for the feels.

I find it kind of funny that someone who claims to be a programmer uses the exact same logic baby boomers use when talking about cars because they're terrified of circuit boards.
With that said, I love classic cars but OBD2 and other techs have made working on cars easier than ever.

god fucking damnit this so fucking much.

If you are a software engineer you can diagnose and fix just about anything with a fucking voltmeter, let alone an ob2 reader.

And for fuck sake 80s and 70scars had electronics. That stupid fucking worthless piece of shit posted a car with electronic fuel injection.

>blocks your path

Brianna Wu is a disgusting shemale with shit politics
Stop posting twitter shit

It's really not actually that hard.

>

Damn I figured he would've killed himself by now.

>he

Older cars are easier to maintain usually
Trouble is you have to maintain them all the time

>Weekly checking of all fluids
>Have to adjust carb mixture every so often
>Have to adjust spark timing and points gap every so often
>Parts usually wear out much quicker
>Wipers get frozen in the winter if you have the cable rack type of wipers
>Weak as fuck electrical systems barely able to run headlights and a heater fan
>Pathetic mpg compared to modern vehicles

Although I much prefer old cars regardless

Electronic Fuel Injection is something I wouldn't give up, but cars are getting to the point (full of electronics) that they will develop many problems you cannot repair yourself, because it requires proprietary software. Although, this assumes people will keep these new cars long enough for the electronics to degrade, which they probably won't.

>because it requires proprietary software
???

Yes, he/him.

I'm pretty sure this is more computer engineering. Which any programmer can do, but some people don't bother.

Here I will give you a photo of him to use.

>plug in OBD II
>tells you exactly what to do
Wow so hard. Fucking tranny fuck has never rebuilt a carb let alone knows what a carb is

>she

to be fair, she's a retard for just wholesale quoting baby boomers but boomers are retards too for thinking that old cars are objectively better because if you replace a random part you have a slightly higher chance of fixing the real issue with a 1969 mustang

>loves old cars so much that she owns an audi tt

>every single way

Pop-up headlights

Broke clock is right twice a day.

1997 master race reporting in

>ECU still simple enough to be modified and flashed by basic tuning tools
>Very easy to repair
>minimal amount of sensors
>Easy to MAF delete and use IAT instead
>just smart enough to stop the engine from killing itself

anything made after 90's got too complicated

>mfw no vacum hoses on me except for one
feels good desu desu

>sjw trannies being part of the nu-retro-porsche cult
No surprises there

>time to change the timing belt, user!

It has a timing CHAIN you fucktard get the fuck off my board

What i love about cars is reversing into a bollard then posting on social media that some kid wrote off my new cayman

>belt

are you really this retarded?

Cars last longer now than they ever have before. It's the opposite of the culture of disposability (which is a boomer and Gen X thing more than anything else, Gen Y and Gen Z are more likely to choose the durable good over the disposable choice).

Dont the pop up headlights break really easy doe?

Late 90s is the sweet spot

People who shit on LS motors really are.

>she

>she

I dunno guys my 70s shitbox with just a 4 barrel carb and hei distributor is pretty easy to work on versus my DD with a ton of electronics

>she

This dumb faggot doesn't get that the Panamera Hybrid is best Porsche

>S
she

>she

Car ECU.

Back then ECU was used to tune engine so it could get twice the rated horsepower. Nowadays the ECU is used to limit your car because "reasons"

People blame tesla for doing this but the truth is, even BMW and Ford did the same thing

Imagine being so deluded by nostalgia that you would put up with having air brakes when you need visibility.

>literal trailer trash

WEW SURE AM GLAD I DRIVE AN OLD SIMPLE CAR AND EVERYTHING IS JUST SUPER EASY TO FIX

>drum brakes what are those?
>choke? why would I choke you?
>why is the steering so heavy?!!
>tune my what? carburetor? what's that?
>pump my brakes? what?
>user what is this stick thingy?
>and this third pedal?
>is this a backup parking brake?

People today are dumb fucking cunts that wouldn't know HOW to operate an "old" vehicle. Most can barely pilot a modern car with all the bells and whistles.

Also, I just looked up this "Brianna Wu". Holy fucking shit, how can a woman be so physically unattractive?

DELET THIS

In reality though, not really. My MemeR2 never needed any work on the pop ups in its 22 years of life

>He acts like I care.

Enjoy that bus though user

thats a man...

Zir is correct.

Jesus Christ it just gets worse...

Bought an old car specifically because of that.

I’m good with my hands and can fix every part of my car on my own now (with the obvious exception of things that require a machine shop, but only for now) and i’m Excited to see what I can do to make things better.
Things are so easy, especially because of the lack of clutter in my engine bay.

P0171, system lean - find that with a volt meter.

Pretty much this. Electronics made engines more efficient, more powerful, more precise. And frankly, much easier to diagnose many problems because you can simply hook up a computer to read errors.

Unless we are talking about Dodge. I think Dodge is still trying to comprehend electricity as a whole.

so innocent...

>she

This, modern cars will ever achieve the level of aesthetic of older cars cause of new laws and shit

>she

I bet He-anna wu has never held a fucking spanner in his life.

Disgusting piece of lying scumbag shit.

>woman

>sjw trannies being part of the nu-retro-porsche cult

awesome! it's probably one of the fastest ways for them to die horrifying painful deaths.

I'd rather deal with ANY current year car where I can diagnose and tune anything from a fucking tablet instead of endless tech manual checklists and flowcharts and diagrams and aimless fucking about. DESU that engine bay looks like a nightmare to work on,

Especially considering that particular Porsche. The era where electronics were enough to cause all kinds of mysterious unfathomable, unrelated problems, and yet offer like ZERO help in finding solutions.

only slightly stupider than muh MoonROCKS! Fucking cant just let people chuck rocks into orbit, imagine the devastation... fucksake

Probably the most american post I've read in a while

Fuck you, this code came back today for the FOURTH FUCKING TIME for me after $2000 in repairs

You don't diagnose and repair that problem with a multimeter. You take a systematic approach and examine/repair/replace components starting with small to large.

Why do I have the feeling that name is not worth remembering who it belong to

She's kinda right tho

What does a computer adjusting your driving dynamics have to do with fixing the car?

>Being retarded in 2018

>No electronics

>she

>The era where electronics were enough to cause all kinds of mysterious unfathomable, unrelated problems, and yet offer like ZERO help in finding solutions.

this, from 1971 until OBD/CAN was made robust, electronics in cars was a total kludge.

>(S)he's a game developer
>Scared of having electronics in (her) car's engine
Wew, no wonder it's game is a QTE mess. Suicide is the only option for Brianna.
I'm sure her lap times are amazing due to no computer to interpret her steering. :^)

Really bro, everyone give the LS shit for being a single cam pushrod. You dont need a belt on these things. You know, after typing this out and doing captcha i think this post was bait

When do you need more visibility and not need to slow down

I got this code and all i had to do was clean the MAF. Better than a carb any day

You're using "let alone" backwards, you dumb transphobe.

>transphobe
>>/lgbt/
Plz user...

You don't even know how to link a board, lol. Traps aren't gay.

>she

Guy a quoted claimed a "software engineer" can fix anything with a volt meter.

Obviously that's not factual. Realistically i never call a 171 due to taking anything apart. Watch/graph scanner data, make the call. That and voltage drop/component commands are how most diag decisions are made.

user I quoted is just a retard - implying "software engineers" know shit about cars or anything practical.

traps are mentally ill degenerates who need a bullet between their eyes

he's not wrong though. Tungsten rods dropped from orbit > nukes

not gay tho

they want to be a woman thus by extension fucked by men

>she

You should stop thinking so hard. It's going to cause an aneurysm

Why do people think that computers can't be repaired? If you can't swap out a fuckin sensor, you have no business fucking around with the mechanical side of an engine. If you really hate computers, just bolt on a carby inlet manifold

>Label ports after disconnecting
>???????
??????

Its just me he modern car tech is ebul meme
Modern car tech is cool af but is never designed with user enjoyment in mind so people think its shit

People who think like this confuse me. I think its a front for not knowing how to diagnose and repair. I have a friend whos my age that claims that he knows everything about a carbd car, and complains about modern engines. Were both 26, idk why he would know anything about a carb seeing as none of the vehicles of our time are carbd. Basically i think he got handed down knowledge and refuses to build on that.
I can say the only thing about modern cars that annoy me are the emissions check engine light. Hard to diagnose cause the codes are vague and the car usually runs just fine.

She's totally right, I hate having these new cars where you open the hood and the engine isn't even fucking there, as opposed to the good ol days when you could just open the hood and the engine is, in fact, there.

What the fuck is computer interpreted steering anyways

>She

Jesus that's terrifying

>not designed with user enjoyment in mind
LOL Wat?
The only issue I have with them is that they make the software inaccessible to average home mechanic. Just make some software to run on consumer laptops and have a usb plugin.