What's o opinion on Auto Stop/Start?? I went to go visit family in NY and cousin has a 2017 Durango with this...

What's \o\ opinion on Auto Stop/Start?? I went to go visit family in NY and cousin has a 2017 Durango with this. I found it rather annoying at each stop light. Wouldn't this useless feature promote more wear and tear on engine parts? Discuss.

I don't even understand it's purpose. I constantly wonder if the $100k Mercedes next to me just died. I'm sure there's some bullshit about industry standard but glad I don't own a car like that.

Fuel economy

You can always just leave it in first and put your foot on the clutch.
Oh, wait, america.

Useless gimmick to """" improve fuel economy"""" at the cost of increased starter wear, internal wear, and whatnot. I don't care if the starter's beefed up and the software only does it when conditions are right, it's still additional wear and tear for negligible benefits. You're better off getting hybrid drive for traffic crawling, or moving to somewhere without shit traffic.

Is that Brooke Shields? My dick.

>hurr i'll have to replace muh throwout bearing after 200k miles instead of 220k miles.

The blue lagoon.
Great movie if you like incest and underage nudity.

Sounds like my kind of movie

Would probably be great in an automatic for commuting and muh empeegees
I have it in my manual though and it annoys the shit out of me, first thing i do when i get in is turn it off

My old car had it,

was bullshit felt like it hampered performance from a full stop. Also think its harmful for the longevity of the car, but bmw denies that

I used to work in automotive service. It fucks the battery.
The try to use stronger batteries and not letting them drop below a certain level of charge but it still fucks the battery and they're more expensive to replace and they need to be replaced much more frequently than standard.

>What's \o\ opinion on Auto Stop/Start??
It's shit
>I found it rather annoying
No shit
>Wouldn't this useless feature promote more wear and tear on engine parts?
Yes

It's only purpose is to pass the emission drive cycle.

it's a good movie on many levels

sounds annoying in stop/start traffic.

car doesn't have it but I can't see it doing much better than my current 39mpg on a naturally-aspirated 1.4

seems like it would harm longevity of the engine, not to mention battery

I firmly believe it to cause excessive wear on the engine components namely near the top of the engine since turning the engine off would turn the oil pump off. This would result in oil seeping back down to the bottom and the components up top not having as much oil. While they have a different style of starter to compensate repeated use, I cannot confirm if the design of such component would be made accessible or easier to work on meaning that when it does come time to replace the unit, the labour charge may still be expensive.

I don't mind it on cars with auto brake hold. Some versions are shit tier, but theyre getting better.

I have a cls550 and have to push the auto start stop button before leaving every time because the mongs that designed it made it so you can't permanently turn it off

>What's \o\ opinion on Auto Stop/Start??
Hell no
>Wouldn't this useless feature promote more wear and tear on engine parts?
Without question, alternators, starters, ring gear, batteries

You know you can turn it off at any time, right?

Personally hate it and turn it off every time I drive something with Start/Stop. The issue is that traffic gets really crowded in roundabouts, and the last thing that I want in a tight situation is for the engine to cut off.
I don't know if I explain this well, but for aggressive/forced entries in roundabouts, I am also ready for action, and the start-stop really fucks everything up.

seeThin end of the wedge user, you can turn it on and off on some vehicles, at this point in time.