Is the 370Z a shit car?

Obviously it's greatly outdated, but does that make it bad if you want a back-to-basics no-bullshit small sports car with a decent amount of power? 2017 models are going for under 30k CAD, which is cheaper than a new Miata or WRX.

Fuck no. Like you said, long in the tooth, but that's about it. I'd buy a used one though as you're not missing anything compared to new.

A new one is too expensive for what it is. Its basically a v6 mustang except on an older platform. Was a really good car back in the day.

I own one and I could never justify buying new, the differences between a new one and even the 09 aren't that much, daylight running lights, new rims, wider rear tires, bluetooth audio streaming, built in hard drive.

Same engine, same transmission, same body

I do rate the car though in general, very happy with mine

It was never a good sports car, look to the 350Z for that. It's a jap pony car at beat.

its basically for dumb niggers

I'd rather get a used 350z. The newer ones don't offer enough over the older ones anyways though to justify price.

>more power
>less weight
>stiffer chassis
>smaller size
>looks better
>still hydraulic
It's basically a complete improvement all across the board

390z when lads

>Is the 370Z a shit car?
Yes
The original is the best

my biggest problem with that car is that it's N/A; I think they missed a huge opportunity when they didn't make a version with a twin turbo set up but that might be too close to GTR territory

Revival of the 300zx with the VR30DDTT when

I've already owned a turbo. I prefer the revs and response of an NA engine. A big displacement V6 that goes to 7500RPM sounds fun.

which turbo car?

This.

In all honesty as an aspiring industrial design student, I thought it was fucking weird that the Fiat Spyder looked more like a modern take on a classic Datsun Z car than the 350z or 370z EVER did

I think Nissans design team should take a page from the Fiat Spyders book and make a 390z that looks like a retro modern Z

I think most ppl would eat that shit up

Focus ST

what year?

they should really team up with mazda to develop the chassis for the Z/RX

i'd be really conflicted on which one to get though

Why not a used Cayman or C6 instead?

>I think they missed a huge opportunity when they didn't make a version with a twin turbo set up but that might be too close to GTR territory
Yeah, that would completely eat up GTR sales from army dudes with their first paycheck.

There's lots of talk that there wont be a new Z after the 370z due to sales numbers

It's a great car but too expensive when new for what you get. Get a used one in good shape.

>sell same car for a decade
>sales drop massively
>looks like nobody wants sports cars haha

Yeah idk what's going on in their mind hey. I mean the GTR is just as old and that's still going alright, although at least there's talk of a replacement for that

The Z series depends on what made it popular in the first place: performance price-point.

The 240 out performed everybody else in their price point, and everybody else who competed in performance were way more expensive.

The 280zx and later 300zx completed the transformation from cheap sports car to expensive GT. If Nissan wants to compete with the Z series, they MUST go after the entry level sports car market, because we are seeing what a vehicle at that level (BRZ) is doing.

Younger people looking for a fun cheap car aren't buying high end muscle cars, they going after the cheap econoboxes or a sporty car in that range like the BRZ. If they can get a sub 30k base model car to compete with the entry level mustangs/chargers/challengers, they would clean house.

Yeah
The original Z car's MSRP is around 3000 USD at the time
Adjusted for inflation it costs around 21k USD
They need to make a new, no frills, affordable RWD sports car again

So like the Spyder
But with a hardtop and 300hp instead of 250?

No its a good platform which just so happens to look fuck ugly with or without modifications

That said ive always liked them and would love to RB32 turbo swap one

>GT86
>25k base

When I 1st saw the Fiat Spyder I honestly thought it was a new datsun/Z car and was pissing myself with excitement then found out it was just a just a with a 240z shell

As an aspiring industrial designer, I can honestly say I have absolutely NO FUCKING IDEA what the fuck the design team at Nissan was/ and still is thinking

A completely different manufacturer essentially made their own fucking sports car and they can't be fucked to just break out the old 240 & 280 blue prints and update it for a new entry level sports car that would steal all the competition

The entry lvl sports car market is an untapped goldmine in this post boomer climate

Since there's essentially nothing except a few cars anyone who wants an affordable sporty car HAS to get either Car (A) Or car (B) since theres nothing else

>Yet no one's taken advantage of this..

370z is great the only problem is the VLSD is a piece of shit.

Do these have a short life cycle? I won't be doing any drifting unless it's snowing so I shouldn't need a mechanical diff.

no, fuck you. modern mazda turns to shit everything it touches.

it can literally churn out shitty CXs, wank to their skyactiv engines and "mazda philosophy"

>generally out dated
stupid fuck, what is out dated about it?

If its out dated then the fucking BRZ and civic si are also "outdated"

no

That's a Juke concept.

Well too bad, that's what you're getting.
Enjoy the new evo crossover soon.

>In all honesty as an aspiring industrial design student, I thought it was fucking weird that the Fiat Spyder looked more like a modern take on a classic Datsun Z car than the 350z or 370z EVER did

Are you me? I spent four hours this semester mocking up a 124 Fastback with pod mirrors and wheel arches just to show one of my ID buddies how much of a modern dead ringer it was.

Carleton Uni?

WRX is also about $30k, and certainly the one I would choose between the two.

AWD for extremely fun winters, four doors and four real seats, useful trunk. Likely will depreciate less as well.