/nioh/ - /tome/

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed)

Ton of new shit has happened whilst you faggots were gone
>Umbracite is now a thing. Use it to pick the Reforges you want
>Silabar ingots are also now a thing. Forge them at the blacksmith with Patronage points for a makeshift soulstone
>Can now use patronage to Soul match. You can now use those extra levels Old man or Waifu wouldn't accept
>Clans have improved stats across the board. Equipment can now be traded for Honour using the 'Donations' function

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c_F1tXyk7l4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not even an edition.
AHHHHHHHHHH

4th for Enku!

Thread's been slothed. My guess was wrong.

>lose girls
>a bunch of guys survive

Yukimura will probably be executed though

It'd like Okatsu to handle my weapon smoothly if you know what I mean

I CAN'T FIND FUCKING WOODEN SWORDS FOR THE TROPHY. HOW THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THEY'D PUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN?

because they where gonna put kojiro duh

Yukimura historically dies at the Siege of Osaka. My money is on Lady Maria of the Spanish Clocktower to be the one to do him in.

I was pretty surprised that good old kunai still works against Saika in air even in Wise.

My farming is finally over, the hell that is ethereal farming is no more.

Calm user, you can get wooden weapons from the training bosses in the dojo.

Lady Maria will die by Wirriams hand.
Yukimura will probably fight William in a duel expecting to die but William will let him go most likely.

>not having full ethereal

I get the feeling this game has a lot of people "die" by giving up their names and titles and just living off the land

like Akechi mitsuhide did I think

Mitsuhide became Tenkai.

yeah exactly

hes now just a courtmage

Tenkai was the Yokai police before William came along, so Mitsuhide was making himself very useful given how fuck things were before William.

>stamina AA

just

srsly did they decrease ethereal drops with 1.15?

onmyo damage bonus is only possible as a star roll on divines, is it a possible normal roll on ethereal like the AA stats seem to be?

Wew it would be fucking impossible to get onmyo set with yin-yang tonfa, black fox mask and proper grace, hope they tune that in like with most of the bullshit they did

Which one is better; A divine Oni Sakon Spear with a star skill for tornado or a plain ethereal one?

>He doesn't have a fan gesture, 1kat equipped and a harakiri sword on his shortcut at all times.

Not a Samurai. Shamefur dispray.

Where can I farm Dragons God's Scared Treasure? Seems like it drops from the harder mobs in the last dlc mission but is there a better spot?

God I wish we had numbers behind all these stats.
>Damage bonus - Less Armor

I need to know if I've got an absolute beast here if I run about naked.

its shit m8

I think the Sanada brave with Odachi drops that armor's smithing text.

In the last mission? Because I can't craft ethereal but maybe he drops the set.

the ethereal one might be able to roll the star divine stat as if its a normal roll

Yeah.

Damn. I will never be a naked, bearded Irish pirate swinging about a fuckhuge Odachi without gimping myself

I can't reforge star stat right? Which means I have to farm Sakon until I got the one I want

At later points in the game, armour is basically useless with OHKO's, so you may as well go nekkid if you run out of fucks to give for Armour perks

I wear Red Demon come at me.
The mobility's great and loads of damage to things I set on fire, which is easily done. I hardly see anyone wearing it in WotW, it's mostly Tatenashi or whatever ethereals people put together.

Any proof it's happening?

Ethereals can roll max stats if you reforge 3 or more effects at once, usually this is only a 0.1 difference but on things that go by letter scaling you can squeeze out a little more by upping the grade. You probably can't reroll onmyo damage on them however. You could get an ethereal weapon that has it naturally though.

>hit with gyokuto on in strong
>no real bar damage
>hit with gyokuto on in demon/wise
>instadelete LW even through block
They really need to tone down bullshit in higher difficulties, it's getting ridiculous

naw not with todo fuckery

>gyokuto

found your problem

Everything hits too hard on WotW to wear light armor. The only people who can get away with it are ranged builds and kunai spammers.

Namahage armor when? I want a straw coat

Anybody knows how to unlock Yukimura transformation? I only have Sasuke on the teahouse.

Beat the DLC

I did, I even beat him 3 times to unlock the Amrita entry but still nothing

I use mid armour but pump a bit of Stamina/Strength to get the lighter perks.I have my 99's so I'm set anyways

you can farm it by getting the smithing text, going for a good 50 forge attempts before reloading your save and trying again until you get it

or, like I said, it could be a normal reforge roll on etheral, I know CtA AA is

way of samurai?

I wouldn't know, I don't get hit often and Enku gives me invulnerability after a dash attack if I do. Any new moves the enemies have are easily adapted to and 1kat just deletes human enemies with backwave. I just can't stand to go back to being slow.

I'll admit, Flying Bolts are fucking assholes.

Yeah this happened with the last DLC. If you want the DLC you have to beat them on way of the samurai.

I beat him once on demon and then twice on wise.

if that's the case, then my onmyo damage bonus AA divine atagi with cta magic A and 24.9% final blow still holds some value to ethereal weapons

Anything but the hardest stuff gets deleted the same

Fucking shitty ethereals. Been playing every day since the DLC came out for hours and still haven't gotten a single piece of ethereal tatenashi.

im farming maborashi with my old 200+20 atagi and one shotting those dudes so your atagi should be good too. they really need to up the amrita they give

Saisetsu-shin's sake, Saoirse and Pleaides talisman my dude

there's your problem , try on wos

no shit dude. they only give around 2b with all that

200m* actually wotd gave me around 170m

Thanks anons

That was very fast

>tanuki

Yup, gotta love that 7.5% strong attack damage

>Pulling him up on sensible Tanuki as a secondary ffs, not Kara-Jishi as a primary

>kara jishi
>anywhere near the level of shit that tanuki is on

>Tanuki secondary is somehow more shitter than Kato+

What did he mean by this?

>he thinks jishi is bad
>tanuki as a """"good"""" secondary
is this some sort of bait

kara jishi has to easily be in top 5 objectively best spirits in the game

Too bad it doesn't have ammy's grace

>kill obsidian samurai 200+ times
>not a single gozutenno's axe text drops
should I try to farm the kaido axe text instead? I mean it's still a set piece axe

pretty good

If you're not in wotw just settle for a drop (and in wotw you need a drop anyway)

>What are shitters
Kato, Kara, Kujaru and Suzaku are all objective shitter spirits

Use Daiba and Itokouri for the Luck up

Nice

Nice

>statistically good spirits or spirits I deem too popular are for shitters

Fuck off or put your tripcode back on so I don't have to see your garbage, Lucy.

Grrrr.
Kato, Kara, Kujaru and Suzaku are all great spirits if you can't play very well

Lucy moved on to pretending he plays T7 nowadays

Nice garbage opinion, /dsg/ wants you back

>decided to start a new save file instead of sorting through and deleting 4000 pieces in storage
>"this will be my new main save, I'm going all the way to WotWise!"
>get half way through WotS before realizing I made a big mistake

why start a new character when you can repec?

So how's the farming going? Just two more pieces and I can move onto the Amaterasu ranged weapons for my 7+4 set bonus. Too bad those are just going to be pure dumb luck.

because inventory management can become overwhelming if you've been saving inheritables since the first large patch and a fresh start is nice until you realize how large the treck is up to WotD from the very beginning

I'd like to farm tatenashi.

you keep saying this everytime they post, whats stopping you from doing so, lad?

>throw purging talisman on an enemy in WotW
>it doesn't do anything
???
is this a PVP only talisman or what?

My only option right now is revenants and that fucking sucks.

Then stop hoarding and dismantle everything

>load up the new DLC
>woah these tonfas are cool and fucking fun as shi-
>fuck this ENTIRE LEVEL except the chill ruined village part
>oh this catacombs portion is ni-
>fucking cleaverfags and copythats from the first DLC are here

fuck this shit this DLC sucks ass the bosses were cool though love the tonfas

The infinite ki buff can seriously go fuck itself, whoever allowed it to spawn on humans should be shot

>Spamming low stance dodge with Extend Evasion Invulnerability
It's like I'm playing Dark Souls 3!

bonus after purification: nullify damage or attack x2?

always damage, unless you're a pussy

what if im running a critical build and want a second to breath after a well timed purification?

how long does the nullification last?

I've finally got it.

Do revenants copy the owners somehow? What decides if it would be a shitty scrub lowstance spammer or something actually threatening?

After evasion or after dash attack: nullify damage is better on a critical build.

what piece can i get that roll on?

On weapons, it lasts for a decent bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=c_F1tXyk7l4

god why are the DLCs so fucking bad.

They fucked the numbers on everything, way of the samurai's DLC levels feel like they belong in way of the strong and way of the strong's requires upwards of 5k health to survive being one-shot even by the shitty zombie enemies.
The DLC levels are also fucking horrible and anti-fun, siege of osaka with the arrows in particular. The new enemies are stupid as shit with inflated health bars, range, and damage.
The new bosses are unfun, Date and Yukimura both stay in living weapon pretty much 99% of the fight and have hyper armor on absolutely everything they do. Kojiro was the only fun fight because he wasn't some bullshit "activate living weapon and spam anime projectiles and hyper armor through everything" fight.

It feels like the DLC in general was made for the hyper autists that min max and farm the shit out of this game like it's diablo. After beating all the DLC on way of the samurai and the entire game on way of the strong I was sorely disappointed by how stupidly strong everything in the DLC areas are.

There is no skill or actual difficulty involved anymore, it's just numbers numbers numbers gotta grind out millions of amrita to get level 600 and max out your HP so you can further play the game and grind out soul matching upgrades for your gear to match.

I hope they learn something with the third DLC

Huh. The Gun Tonfa activates Kara's Damage Buff. Good to know.
I wish there was more unique visual/physical effects like this.