RIP AMG V8

TLDR AMG is about to stop building V8 sports cars but rather focus on all-electric drivetrains.
''AMG is still developing incredible hybrids like the Project One hypercar, but using the 2013 Mercedes SLS AMG Electric Drive as an example, Jacoy points to a future that’s more 12v than V12.''
autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/mercedes-amg-looks-reinvent-itself-ahead-electric-push

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/889619/The-Grand-Tour-season-2-Richard-Hammond-car-crash-Switzerland-Jeremy-Clarkson-Amazon
youtube.com/watch?v=kCwBBaZ7UAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BRAVE

Why don't they just build an electric V8?

Yes, all the current issues with electric cars come from them using rotary electric engines. Rotary engines only work in theory. Piston engines work therefore piston electric engines also work. Basic science

>car thats supposed to be fun
>no engine character

>burning liquified dead dinosaur when doing so only further contributes to smog, global climate change and terrorism
>fun

Yeah, it is

How long till $20k SLS?

>being this much of a cuck

>Jacoy believes a unique aspect of Mercedes-AMG is that it is involved with the development of new Mercedes road cars from the start, ensuring they have the capability to be adapted into performance cars.
>He said this approach is being applied to Mercedes’ all-electric range
Actual TL;DR is OP is a fucking moron. AMG will ensure future Merc EVs are made with performance potential in mind.
>DURRRRR NO MAKE NOISE CANT BE FUN EVER

>A 6.2L V8 N/A AMG C63 is a thing of the never-coming-back past and soon to skyrocket in price

>>DURRRRR NO MAKE NOISE CANT BE FUN EVER
Pretty much
>Watch a movie
>on mute

>Have sex
>wear earmuffs

>See fireworks
>wear earmuffs

The new 4banger turbo Porsches may have better stats across the board for power output, response and economy, but it will they sound like shiiiiiit and nothing a Porsche should ever sound like. Porsche is known for pushing the engineering envelope with flat 12 engines in 800kg chassis and other ridiculousnes, not EU regulation cuckmobiles.

Fucking freezing here m8, could do with some of that global warming.

>Buy Range Rover
>Leave it idling on drive when not using it
>Global warming causes lovely weather
>My midlands shithole house is now suddenly desirable seafront property.

Ohh man those fucking Rajays, fuck that's an old turbo.

>no sound ruins feeling of bagina
>watching fireworks for the sound
>visual spectacle of a movie becomes impossible to enjoy with no sound
Could you have chosen any worse analogies?

Honestly, that car was ugly as shit with a terrible interior and gay engine noise.
>muh torque
Overrated, MB shills don't get this since they usually don't have any real life experience with cars outside of vidya.

You literally just confirmed my points, whether you think you did or not. Auditory input is one of the prime contributors in all of those, like it is in driving or operating a chainsaw, just like smell is to eating.

if every car is just some noiseless accellerating thing all thats different are some stupid 0-60 times and how it handles, engines wont feel different unless we "force" a character on them

Piped in engine character, the sad thing is even modern ICE sound bad enough that it gets used.

Im not gonna bother with some joo/NWO /pol/ tinfoil theories, but all modern cars, affordable to the public, anyway, sound like absolute drear and bring no joy to the transportation experience. If you want passion, you either get something older or pay a hefty price, where you might still get bombarded with artificial speaker noises while the exhaust being muffled beyond recognition.

>all thats different is how fast it is and how it feels to drive, they'll all be the same experience
Do you see the absurdity of your post?

No user, he's bang on

Whatever happened to this and the R8 E-Tron?

If the 600/65 series get replaced with electric engines making similar power, that would be swell. They're already heavy, torque-riddled beasts so its not like you're losing anything on the performance front

It legitimately never even crossed my mind that you could do this.
Seems dank.
Inefficient, but dank.

Am I the only one here who fucking drives their car instead of just sitting in neutral andpressing the gas?

Why do car companies and government legislatures (mostly European) think that electric car technology is ahead of where it is? Until we can fully charge an electric car in under 15 minutes at charge stations that are as ubiquitous as gasoline stations, it's all gimmicky trash.

As of now it can't be enjoyably used by anyone other than people who own a house with a personal garage, while simultaneously living in a big city, and never going on any serious road trips without an extra 90 minutes of pad time every 300 miles to find one of the 6.5 charge stations in the state your driving to and wait in line behind the 16 other electric car drivers sharing all of 5 actual plug-ins.

I track a twin carbied car at least in part simply because I love the noise it delivers once you open the butterflies, the rest is because I'm competing against period road cars for shits and giggles. Take away all those cars engines and I'd bet the series would fade into non existance.

Because the idea is you charge at home every night and have a gas tank's worth of range. For 96% of drivers, a couple hundred mile range is fine. Electricity can also be supplied by tons of different methods, so it's very future proof.

Because government legislatures know absolutely jack shit in terms of cars and stuff. They just want to be green to set an example to other countries.

Because EV conversions cost money and people wouldn't want to do that to those cars, yes. But there's nothing stopping someone from making an electric locost/other kart-car race class.

>charge stations

Except the actual electricity infrastructure would have to be boosted immensely in order to keep up with the demand of most homes charging their electrovehicles at night. Also say goodbye to cheaper electricity prices at night. And with 15 minute recharge times, how many cars will roadside stations be able service on an average day in comparison with a regular ol gas station where a car is filled, paid for and maybe with a piss taken gone in 5 minutes?

I think it's less for "96% of drivers" and more "for 96% of days". Just because someone doesn't go on long trips ever day doesn't mean they don't travel every now and again.

You don't need supercharger amp rates at home. It can charge overnight as in 6+ hours of charging. That doesn't require a major infrastructure rebuild. 10-15 minutes at a supercharger isn't awful for roadside stations either, there just need to be as many of them as there are gas pumps.

Aye but none of the guys racing historics like this would bother with a class like that in a pink fit, wouldn't matter if they ran half the lap time.

Who says electric cars are not fun and pretty

But FormulaE is shit.

Formula E != what I described. We all know the FIA is shit.

What if you want to drive after you get home from work? So you'll have to wait 6 hours to go over to your mum and dad's house since now quick charge at home?

That's fucking stupid mate, why would I want to be limited like that. I think that's why governments want everyone driving electric cars right now, it'll cut down dramatically on their citizens ability to go wherever they please at whatever time they want.

*no

You commute 100 miles each way?

You sound like you're implying 200miles is somehow guaranteed yet in the real world people are sitting traffic with the aircon/heater running, stereo going, charging their phone etcetc

Electric car range isn't affected by stop-start traffic nearly as much as gas is. Phone is a drop in the bucket, as is heater or AC.

>Midlands
>Facking freezing

Are you a huge pussy?

Doesn't matter if gas is, it takes 2 minutes to refill.
>heating and cooling not expensive on batteries
Fuck me user, you serious?

Actually AC requires alot of energy to run and heat will also be a drain since there is no free heat from the engine coolant

do electric engines really all feel "similar" ?
is it really gonna come down to just the chassis of cars being different?

Yes, just the level of acceleration varies.

:(

You don't? Also implying I don't need to drive 200 miles after work on the fridays to go to my cabin. Guess I'll just plug the electric car into a tree when i get there since no power in the middle of nowhere

"The Hamster crossed the finish-line, he lost control of his totally electric Rimac Concept One and was thrown over a cliff."

express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/889619/The-Grand-Tour-season-2-Richard-Hammond-car-crash-Switzerland-Jeremy-Clarkson-Amazon

That's because he can't drive for shit

Still reckon that was a setup, which Rimac runs those wheels?

The one that crashed

Well there you go, so now I've seen about 5 different types of wheels on the same car.

youtube.com/watch?v=kCwBBaZ7UAE

Wouldn't be the first time, pic related

They remind me of these veyron wheels too

or any other obligatory y spoke wheels.