Motorcycle Armor

How much protection do I need to be wearing to take a 75mph crash with a high chance of no injuries? I'm a conservative rider but I can't avoid the highway on my commute it's pretty much my impression that it's only a matter of time before some cunt on her cell phone takes me down. I have d30 shoulder, elbow, forearm, back and chest plates in my Dianese super rider jacket, full face helmet, d30 aramid gloves with palm sliders and knuckle armor, d30 boots with impact protection over the ankle and riding pants with d30 hip and knee armor. Denim is 100% aramid liner. In all its about $1500 in dianese and Icon protective gear. Obviously nothing can prevent all chance of injury, I'm just wondering if I've left anything out.

You left out a roll cage, two extra wheels, airbags, backup sensors, and sun visors.

If you want ultimate safety take a riding course, don't just tack on more gear and protection than what you already got.

Cupholders. Don't forget the cupholders.

I've taken two riding courses, it doesn't matter how skilled of a rider I am if shaniqua blows a red light because she's texting ladarius about his baby daddy tyrone. I know riding a motorcycle is a risk, it's one I take because I enjoy riding. Plus I like the stormtrooper look, and I make enough thay dropping 1500 on gear for my 15000 dollar toy isn't an issue. Although cup holders would be nice.

this

you are honestly pretty geared up, I dont know what else you could really be looking for.

I have an airbag vest thats hi viz and fits over my riding jacket. It attaches to the bike and deploys if you get knocked off.

>has ridden for many years

My gear is hi-viz but not to the extreme, it has some discrete reflective piping on it so as not to ruin the look, but I do have a complete underglow kit and led tail,head,brake,turn lights. I'm pretty visible. The literal airbag is pretty neat, never heard of anything like that before.

>underglow

Does it have a nigger dick 18" swing arm too?

Absolutely not, I have a murdered out black Ducati Supersport with red underglow. Black riding gear with red accents. Gear, helmet and bike have the red and black first order crest on them. Some people hate it, some people love it. Haven't really found anyone that was inbetween. But it's my bike not theirs.

Just make sure none of those lights are blinding to other drivers then. If oncoming traffic can't see anything because of auxillary lighting, it just makes shit more dangerous.

Its not blinding, underglow lights are directed at the ground/engine. No direct line of sight to the LEDs for other drivers. Headlight is bright but I've ridden around friends that are in cars and they didn't complain.

Niggers shouldn't be allowed to own vehicles.

Gear only typically protects you from cracking your noggin open and shredding your skin down to bone.

You're still guaranteed to break bones at that speed. So you mitigate what bones will be broken by using gear that uses extensive padding at your joints, and riding boots allow very little movement of the ankles.

That said you've pretty much covered everything, aside from a hans type device to keep from breaking your neck.

The irony is they typically don't, the banks do.

>$1500 in dianese and Icon protective gear
You're doing about as well as you possibly can. Everything further is just going to be riding defensively. I don't think I need to tell you what that means though.

Take no chances.

Lol so true though.

Am I hi viz enough, Veeky Forums?

Is your buttplug neon too?

Holy shit is it still 1996 where you live?

That Netflix show Dark must be real where he lives

ultimately you need to be hyper alert when riding. you have the gear you need, you've taken courses to improve your skill and knowledge. pretty much just drive defensively and don't be a jackass/hoon on the highway

>backup sensors for 75mph

If you dont back up at 75mph can you even really say you've lived?

Learn to ride. That's the main thing.

/fag/

Fpbp

Fnknrnlnbn

You as good as you can hope to be. I cans stand under geared riders. I tried to explain to a co worker that only wore a brain bucket that he should try running as fast as he can and dive jump as high as he can, and that that impact is equivalent to like a 5 mph crash. He failed to see the advantages on armor and a full helmet. I just try to remind guys that in the moment before they hit the pavement they are gonna wish they bought and wore as much armor as they can afford. Roadrash is the only kind of scars no chicks like.

At some point no amount of gear is going to save you from injury. At 75mph considering it lucky if you just have a broken bone or a joint dislocation. You can't really protect your joints from twisting in all sorts of ways nor can you stop force from being transferred into your body through your body armor and such.

Airbag vests m8

This. Gear is gonna save you injury from like 40 mph down. Above that its all mangled limbs and internal injuries. Worst case youll vave a presentable corpse. So theres that.

The only way to take "no injuries"is to ride on a closed course.

Sliding is nothing. It's striking objects and falling from height that will kill you.

I mean, stay geared up. But don't let yourself feel invincible.

ATGATT

>Sliding is nothing. It's striking objects and falling from height that will kill you.
This. My uncle once loaned me a set of race leathers that he was wearing in a 150MPH accident. Scrapes all over the back, he was still walking and able to take me riding.
Only thing that stopped him riding was wife and kids and nagging.

If your wife tries to make you stop doing something you love she is a fucking shitty wife.

I can understand a wife being worried but straight up making him stop is divorce material

If I had to think of the perfect polar opposite to a niggered up bike. This would be it.

>it doesn't matter how skilled of a rider I am if shaniqua blows a red light because she's texting ladarius about his baby daddy tyrone.
Yes it does. First of all most motorcycle accidents are caused by the rider, and second of all most accidents are avoidable by riding smart and not being a shitter, even if someone else did something wrong. Don't be like the retarded youtubers who ride directly into other cars because they imagined them doing something wrong.

your friends are trying to be nice and not come off as an autist, so they don't mention your retarded LED headlight. Yes it blinds people.

So that stock headlight, on every Ducati sold, is a dangerous blinding threat to every other motorist on the road? Kill yourself.

So.... he's dead?

No, he traveled time.

Fag, buy better eyes.

You're pretty much set on armor unless you can get larger areas on d30. Riding defensively is key, avoid intersections. Ride slow through them if you must go through, leave adequate spacing between the car in front, preferable leave more than needed but not so much that other cars thread the gap. Don't let cars ride beside you or anywhere near where if they suddenly change lanes it will hit you. Don't speed, know your roads.