The Secret World/Secret World Legends

Hello sweetlings!

What Is This?: A general dedicated to the most unorthodox MMO out on the market right now, which has recently re-branded itself as Secret World Legends. Join one of three secret societies and travel across the globe solving mysteries and shit, I dunno.

Official Discord: discordapp.com/invite/ZyXvMR2

Topic: So, what do we all think? So far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fKH_Jxd_RHU?t=79
youtube.com/watch?v=XTdmTOQf6WU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm enjoying it. I managed to finish the Price of Magic and holy shit I remember why I didn't do it in TSW classic.

How do I glyph up? I found an old post on the autism'dit that suggested for tanking I go with 1 hit glyph and then like 4/3 defense and evade. Will that be good? There's too much fucking grind to fuck this shit up.

thread stop dying

> Sees thread talking about same weapon exploit
> Figures it out
> Blade is great again

Sadness

Please don't die, thread!

>Previous thread recap

Post edge

Edge you say

time to try this out, I gu-
10/10 game of the century

Y-you bastard I was going to post this next myself.

>those popeye arms

Hes Popeye the Sailor maaaaaaaan.

Official Sambala theme.
youtu.be/fKH_Jxd_RHU?t=79

Some more exotic sluts

youtube.com/watch?v=XTdmTOQf6WU

Give me some fucking (you)s or I swear I will use this!

How retarded are you to not put /tswlg/ in the title?

Not a lot of responses to the lewd shit. Maybe I am dealing with more classy gentlemen who prefer cute.

Even though you can play this all solo how's the population of this? Thinking of trying it out on steam since the aesthetic seems right up my alley and i haven't gone all in on an MMO since FFXIV 1.0/ARR launch.

Gay

>how's the population of this
Plenty of people for what ever shit you need.

I might give it a chance when it launches on steam then. Always wanted to try it when it was a p2p MMO and pretty much just found out about it changing to f2p.

Is there even any other modern MMO or game that comes close to the aesthetic and setting this game has? Why is it so fucking underused.

Because originally this game was supposed to be a single player, so it has those elements in spades.
Then came in funcom and said, to make it into an mmo instead.

Almost like the opposite of Kingdoms of Amalur.

ded

When is it supposed to launch on steam?

>14GB
>bouncing between 100 and 1100 KB/s
I bet my ping is going to be awful too

>The servers will come down for Steam launch prep on July 31, at 15:00 GMT/ 11:00 AM EDT. The downtime is estimated to take ~4 hours.

So, how much new blood will come in with the steam launch I wonder.

Is Fuccom going to give stuff to people who were dumb enough to download the game through their launcher?

>Is Fuccom going to give stuff for free
>
They already gave rewards and stuff for downtimes and shit like that, I am guessing that's the best you are going to get

dead

realm where?

any bets on how long the downtime will really be

30 min to ETA

Dupe Lair Essences:
When summoning the boss, wait until the last person interacts with the heart, then dodge far back so you stop channeling. If you did it correctly, boss will still spawn and you will keep your essence. Works for all bosses

Item bag dupe:
Wait for server to lag or lag yourself silly and open up bags, you'll get 2+ items, works for all bag type items.

Game worth playing? I've come here to be shilled

Do you like story and atmosphere? Do you like puzzles? Do you like grinding?

filth invasion event soon,, and new lore to collect'

I like the first two. How bad is the third?

Practically nonexistent unless you choose to play a dedicated puzzle mission.

Mmmm, you can have 2 weapons with all of the skills and passive unlocked easy. After that the grind starts to seep in and you can't fully unlock a weapon as fast.
For the main story, the elite dungeon 1 and first 2 weapons the grind is minimal I would say.
It's only bad if you want to do elite 5 dungeons or if you want to unlock 3-4 or more weapons and fully unlock all skills for it.

pretty easy,,
as free to player I have manage just fine.

already got anima ele/energy and anima chaos/havoc weapons, all dps 3pip dungeon loot gears with 4 intricate crit chanhe glyphs and mythic ele damage finger signet (for those that know the game)

Oh my bad I meant story, atmosphere and puzzles. Just meant the grinding, though if it has amiable skill effects I probably wouldn't mind a little grinding.
I see, that doesn't sound pretty bad. From what I heard from the game it's story will probably bring me in so much that I wouldn't mind the grind.

Ehhh, sounds like its at least worth a try for you. It's a free game, try it, be sure to take it slow and enjoy the scenery and story.

only some achievements and end game quality items need grinding, but main story and normal dungeons won't stonewall you as longs as you keep improving your items at least with quest rewards.

also. fuck that zmeu achievement farm.even thinking doing it again gives me gray hairs

if I leave the patcher up, will it do the things by itself while I'm afk once maintenance is over?

oh shit's already dling thanks for nothing fags

server online

I played through the existent story on a free account. I had to maybe spend 4 hours grinding to level up before I had finished the game. If you don't fall into traps designed to suck money out of your pocket like group dungeons it's pretty comfy even if you don't pay a dime.

Tip for endgame material: don't be a melee dps

you mean don't be blade because it's higher risk and lower reward. Unlike other melee which are high risk, higher reward.

they use to die a lot easier in elites/lairs. unless the player is good.

Correct. But that depends on the player, not the weapon. You can't assume everybody is retarded.

LEGIONNAIRED

wtf why do i need to convert my account now?

>copy existing swl game files to the steamapps folder
>steam client does a long and hard check of existing files
>decides to delete everything and starts installing the whole 20GB again
Dicks.

just convert your account?

You still need to download the steam version because it has different launcher

no you dont. i am currently playing after converting

hopefully someone figures out a way to do this

we dont want to redownload the whole thing again

it would take me a literal day

Wtf how
You can actually play with funcom launcher with steam account?

you dont need to download anything.

going through steam is literally 1 additional pointless hurdle

You mean convert to a Funcom account? I originally bought TSW on Steam 4 years ago and want to play SWL on Steam.

>and want to play SWL on Steam
for what purpose though? steam just opens the fucking funcom launcher

also if you ever want to spend money on the game you get double jewed by steam tax.

literally no reaspn

>for what purpose though? steam just opens the fucking funcom launcher
It doesn't download updates through the Steam servers? That's retarded.

>also if you ever want to spend money on the game you get double jewed by steam tax.
Purchases on Steam are about 50% cheaper for me because of local conversion rates. It's a major factor for a lot of shithole dwellers to prefer Steam.

I guess we really were the secret world

I was supposed supposed to.
But signed in just fine.

I linked my steam account and it's downloading
Fucking liars

I bought the game forever ago and stopped playing. Now that it's F2P, do I get anything special? Because I've seen how absolutely cancerous the F2P stuff is and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Three character slots, all weapons unlocked, most clothes and pets bought or earned in the base game. That's all I think.

If you transfer account from TSW to SWL you get all weapons unlocked for free. + all your skins you had in the TSW game.

What about the f2p stuff is cancerous?

20% tax on items you sell on the market place. That's the most cancerous thing.

Any The End of Days bros still around? I still remember leveling my Templar to blade lvl 10 and getting him blue level 10 sword, before leaving Solomon Island.

Have no idea what you are talking about.

why did this game model tits and nips when you cant even get naked?

You could in TSW
But now it's marketed to normies

New outfit, whad'ya think?

Uhuu, very nice. Look at that.

Picked em up from the masteries, yesterday.

SUPELIOL NIPPON POWELTOOR!

good coloring

In december 2012 there was an event, related to the mayan prophecy. Among other things mayan zombies were spawning all over the place. They were way too strong for Solomon Island, but you could get easy xp from them. Lot of people used wards to kill them, to get event drops. I think I stil have some barbershop coupons, and Grim Glamoures on my classic account.

That's templar. And the weapon is something called Heavy Cal.

I like the gay british dudes

You will fit right in

How do I set a script to autoexec "log on"?