Will this work on a '95 E36

Will this work on a '95 E36
youtu.be/CgLiHz1GiNE

No, just buy a custom head unit for 15 bucks with aux input.

Where can I find one? Got a link?
This is all I could find on Google and it won't work on a '95
>Also worth noting that this will only work on later model E36s, they changed the way the CD changer is wired. I think as long as you have a C33/C43/CD43 radio you should be ok.

go to your local classifieds and search for used head units or just go to your local electronics store and buy a new one it shouldn't cost more than 50$ or 50 euros or whatever currency you have
or do you really want to keep that oem panel look?

I don't want it to stand out if that's what your asking, so yeah OEM.

PS I don't have the car yet but I'll need a way to play my iPod. Would probably need to find something that matches the beige interior color

That DIY won't work for your 95 BMW becuase the option for adding a aux input cable for oem BMW units wasn't available til after 02

You'll need to get an aftermarket unit for your car with an aux cable.

>Would probably need to find something that matches the beige interior color

You're not going to find that.

you should be asking this on an e36 bmw forum, not here

This is the automobile board and the topic is how to modify an automobile
Got a link to one that doesn't look autistically stand-outish?

Get a cassette adapter or a fm transmitter both cheaper than new head unit.

>This is the automobile board and the topic is how to modify an automobile
yes but you aren't going to get a worthwhile answer to a very specific problem for a very specific year of a very specific model of car, you should go where the expertise is

That depends on his CD changer, you can use the input it occupies in the radio and use it for an aux option.

>Got a link to one that doesn't look autistically stand-outish?

Not really, but Search Digital media receivers (head units without cd players) on amazon, there are quite a few that fall under the $50 range. Some may have adjustable led colors to match the orange of your illumination.

Not all E36's came with that option, and it probably requires soldering/splicing with a chance of blowing the head unit if OP doesn't know what he's doing.

He got a specific answer jackass, I flat told him that option wasn't available til 02.

How do I know? I own a 03 540i and the units in them didn't have that option til 02, I was able to buy the OEM wiring kit to wire in my aux cable.

Every modern head unit looks like fucking garbage in an e36

its worth the gamble to keep OEM headunit that looks good, if you fuck it up then you can go buy some fisher price tier headunit

>and it probably requires soldering/splicing with a chance of blowing the head unit if OP doesn't know what he's doing.
You have to seriously fuck up to do that.

Even if op is not experienced in soldering, he could do it with a soldering video and a build log off bimmerforums.

It's like 2 wires, most build logs are written by people who autistically show exactly how they solder the wires up.
Which has the advantage of showing op exactly what wires to use.

An (quite expensive) Becker Indianapolis Pro will match the car best but any cheap head unit with Amber lights will do

Too bad putting a 2din radio in an e36 is a huge pain in the ass.
T.e36 owner

>fz102e

but that's a clarion unit in your photo?

Jesus and its $1300, I can build a decent gaming rig for that much.

Depends what model head unit you have.
There was like 3 or 4 different stock options.

Post back with it.

>ipod

Jesus man

Depends what head unit it has. Find it out and post here. There are like 2 or 3 different stock options

why do americans want an aux port so badly? its always fucking americans. ive seen it on youtube with normie ecelebs getting a new car and they piss themselves when they find an aux port in an r8 or something like its the best thing about the car

because our radio stations suck

Because why wouldn't you want to listen to whatever music you wanted?

it doesnt even work with every e46

Just get a tape aux adapter if you have a cassette deck

country is too big for any really good radio stations to form like over seas