Veeky Forums edition

Veeky Forums edition

Other urls found in this thread:

autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/alpine-a110-brand-confirms-uk-dealers-will-open-mid-2018
twitter.com/AnonBabble

supra coming back

Forza Horizon 4

>Alpeen A110

RX-9 announcement
shuddup its real and its happening!!

Pls Toyota

im not a wh*te subhuman

SKYACTIV-X
SKYACTIV-X
SKYACTIV-X

what a gay shifter

It's gonna be re-badged as a Lexus

Confirmed that is not being exported

Wankel's are dead unless it's an automatic-only hybrid. And it's definitely not gonna look like the concept unless it's gonna cost R35 GT-R money.

Real shit the Skyactiv X is something to be excited about good base power on them and stupid good mpgs

even a base mazda 3 will be alot funner now

this

I really want to see a V8 with the tech, should be really interesting.

>Confirmed that is not being exported
Not living in bongistan
autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/alpine-a110-brand-confirms-uk-dealers-will-open-mid-2018

Exponential increase in the number of used EVs for sale

Gonna nab one

>It's gonna be re-badged as a Lexus
Worse, its a re-badged BMW.

none that i can think of

C7 zr1
Mid engine twin turbo Corvette
Mazda anything
Porsche anything

>auto only
Lol

My project car will finally get on the road

>V8 Skyactiv-X
wow I never even thought about it
excuse me while I go get a tissue to clean this mess

clean bro, i just finished my 95 acr srt4 swap a day ago

none

We americunts get the twongo

I'm saving up all year and living frugally to put a huge down payment on a '18 GT350.

Have enough money to get the car I always wanted and getting it new makes it even better.

YAS, because FH3 got boring real quick.

>2018
>still using an inferior transmission
jej

if my shitty saturn is still running, why can't I?

track days

I will finally convince myself that buying a MKIV Supra isn't a terrible idea and actually splurge.

460 horsepower, and 0 to 60 in 4 seconds flat for only 40k new

Would be nice if the pc port wasn't total fucking garbage that crashes every 20 minutes

This. Also freevalve engines might go into production soon.

Want to build a 4AGE. Want to finish my M20 build. Want to buy a house with a garage so I can stop tinkering in my studio apartment. Want to meet a qt grill who understands my affinities for building stuff and mechanical things.

Tesla Model Y
Ford Model E

I have to finish my car

I'm fully erect right now. Mazda pls

Honestly, this is the only way they can redeem themselves after the FRS disaster, the FRS mid cycle refresh disaster and the almost certainly terrible $70k Supra disaster that is right around the corner.

Keep it under 15k base, under 2150lbs and have fully defeatable ESP. Even if it means a 5spd manual, even if it means cutting electric windows and locks, please just make it right.

>gonna cost R35 money
Once source said 90k

They were talking about putting it in a rotary, because somehow that works

Oh shit! Did we get an import group together yet?

I’m importing a GTR. Hopefully will find the right one and have it in summer.

And forza 4

>i can afford a decent motorcycle
>i can afford a car that's not a shitbox

>Hopefully buy mom’s SUV
>get to ride my motorcycle again
>do more road rallies since the anal timing gets me excited

>Finally got the hang of RWD to the point that leaving T/C on is clowning me when I'm trying to be smooth
>just in time for winter

Sold my bitcoin, I can now start a 3-year lease for a Jeep Trackhawk.

>BUYING FCA LUL KYS

Whateva, enjoy your bus ride faggot!

>under 2150lbs
I would contemplate getting one new and keeping a shitbox utility hauler on the road for the odd time I need to haul people or shit.

>under $15k
just like how the toyobaru was going to be $18k, right?

>Veeky Forums

My part should have come friday but I realized I messed up the order. Now Its coming wednesday so I have to put off my suicide plans till next year.

I remember like 15+ years ago when I was looking at getting a WRX not long after they hit the US in the $17k-$22k range. That was back when the dollar had more purchasing power.

$15k-$18k these days for a super fun cool little car that gets all kinds of things right? I agree that the Toyobaru is expensive for what it is, but you have to expect some middle ground between the two price ranges at best.

Like I said, the FRS was a disaster. Ugly styling, 300lbs too heavy, a frankly unpleasant engine and a terrible deal at $28k out the door.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>the FRS disaster
I've never seen a single person consider the Toyobaru a "disaster" aside from Veeky Forumstists who are still butthurt it didn't have a 2JZ or something.

>He doesn't know Toyota specializes in gay shifters

Ask me how I know you've never driven one.

Disaster is too strong a word. They didn't get a home run out of it, probably not even a run, but it's not like they struck out or even had to walk to first.

It's just light enough compared to normiemobiles with a forgiving chassis that you can toss it more than you might think at first. The engine, or at least the tuning, is frankly unpleasant, but you're either doing highway pulls or driving like an ape to not be able to have all the fun dancing, darting, and sliding your way to the coveted dozen eggs needed RIGHT FUCKING NOW for breakfast.

I do agree the memebaru doesn't warrant its price, but I have no doubt the SFR (if it does go to production) would follow the same path as the FR-S/GT86

I DO want a solid brand new $15k ultra light sports car, but in the current state of the new car market you're off your rocker if you think the SFR will be $15k, let alone under $22k

The only hope for a $15k sports car in the US would be if Renault suddenly decides to sell the Twingo here, or rebadge it as a Nissan

Full mot tax and insurance 40k genuine miles original upholstery

Probably should just kill the FRS. It's a sales disaster and a rolling compromise on wheels.

The SFR, if it's going to be $22k, is also going to go the same route. Cap this post - if the SFR goes on sale above $22k MSRP, it won't sell even 10k in the US year 1.

Same here my guy. What’re you working on? I’ve got one of these in my garage with some body damage from an accident by the P.O.
>soon I will be able to cruise around in cushy leather and tell everyone I drive a Mercedes instead of my pos Hyundai

An ole "Ninja" 250 should be very cheap, 1k$ or less. And great mileage plus very cheap insurance. It'll pretty much pay for itself

I'd say keep both at least for a bit. The 86 is a weird compromise of a car that sort of positions it between a sensible car and a proper funmobile. Did it succeed because it was a "big tent" car? Or because it was the new kid on the block in market where there isn't a lot to choose from?

SFR is going up against, what, Miata and some kind of souped up Mini? So, you're right: if they can do it for the right price at the right volume then it could be a bit of a winner to grow on.

because i havent taken a japanese cat girl drifting in my perfectly tuned 86 yet

Not the person you're responding to, but I've driven one several times. It's mid-range power stock is less than it should be, but anyone who calls that car a disaster based on how it drives has hardcore brain problems.

It's a disaster because of its sales.

>under 15k base

I keep seeing this number get brought up. How on earth do you people think that's going to happen? Do you think that'll magically make it sell enough to justify the low asking price? Who the fuck is going to buy it that hasn't already bought a Toyobaru or an ND?

Despite the snow I nailed the rev limiter 3 times today driving a few hundred miles back home. The torque dip is such a lulzkiller when you make the mistake of dropping one gear when you should have dropped two that you wind up feeling so good in that last 2500RPM or so that you barely even notice the torque curve starting to decline off by the time you hit fuel cut.

Surely they can bump the rev limit.

There are actual modern cars worth buying and I don't need to be as depressed for the future of cars with manufacturers slowly learning to bring the souls back into their vehicles.
As for vehicle aesthetics, well they still seem to be figuring that one out. I'm looking at you Honda.

That's my point. Yes, it handles well. But the engine sucks and it's expensive for how shitty it is. Also, and this is subjective, I find it ugly inside and out.

Idk, take out everything that's expensive. Hyundai sells an Accent up here in Canada for $13.9k CAD somehow. It's got no A/C, so fine, take out the A/C on the base trim. Give me roll up windows. Give me manual door locks. Give me zero infotainment/phone integration/bluetooth whatever. Fuck, take the stereo out if that's what it takes.

The car definitely does its best work in the last 2500 to 2000 rpm (imo not enough torque for the low end to be much fun most of the time). Instead of bumping the rev limiter, I'd prefer they make the mid range more usable.

checked and it goes without saying that the torque dip needs to be removed. They could have done that by now, even if it were to be at the expense of a "sport mode" button or something.

It's like they're actually trying to tank a good idea that maybe wasn't as good as it could have been for a first try.

i gotta put more hps into Luci then dust those 5.0s with bolt-ons

I'm going to ask her out again
(I can kms after I fail again)

>finally got my shitbox running after months of fucking around
It's gonna be a good year desu

WHEN THE FUCKING SHIT ARE WE SINGING MIKADO?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

I think we were trying, but the thread died.

Best option is probably to go at it alone by just filling up a Twingo with parts and putting it on a RoRo ship. Although it'd be fucking hilarious to have a bunch of Veeky Forumstists line all their beater Twingos up onboard.

Would put in ass/10

You’re a moron
Even missing all those features it’ll easily be 20-25k

this thing is one of two new cars I would consider buying
if I had money of course

it's so comfy and fits my hand so well I love it

Xterra might come back.

watch it be in japan and not have any good mountain roads
just wangan everywhere

Gotta appeal to the lowest common denominator of racing game fans somehow

THEY BETTER HAVE TOYOTA CARS IN THEIR GAME. WHY DID TOYOTA REFUSE TO LET ANY GAME USE THEIR CARS IN THE GAMES?

I plan on going to college and buying an FC TII with part of my loan money. Thats my main motivation desu.

New rotary.

Mine almost never crashes, but it definitely has issues.

Did you play 3?

I ordered a wheel for my racing games, should get here in a few weeks.
Can't wait to actually enjoy sim racers.

Doggo and catto are still alive, might as well wait for them

Won't happen more than likely, and I hope it doesn't.

The main reason I don't want it to happen is because it will completely ruin all chances of the W40 MR2 being released anytime within the next 10 years.

Because spent $700 on shit to put a VVT motor into my NA Miata and I want to get it done.

Is it that bad? Been thinking about moving out of my parents and getting a studi

when you owe $ on a car & an education they keep you alive so you can pay creditors back

my car will probably last until at least 2019.

I see this get posted on here a lot and on other car forums and it has always confused me. Are car enthusiasts expected to have driven a variety of different model sports cars? Do other car enthusiasts have people tossing them the keys to their cars on a regular basis? Do you just go to dealerships and test drive random vehicles? Do you buy a different car every 6 months?

To be honest, I've always wondered this too. Maybe I just don't know enough car enthusiasts. I've driven a couple of my friend's cars, but I have no idea how people have driven over like 40 or so cars. Maybe I'm antisocial or just don't know the right people.

Honestly can't think of any outside of family. Not going to do it though.

same

new renault megane rs
f1
motogp

where do i sign up?

Top of the line race ready sportbikes go for less despite being a niche item. The only reason the shocks off an R1 aren't ten grand on their own is because they made a lot of them - less common race shocks are easily ten grand or more. A car with more pedestrian chassis/engine tech could definitely make the price target.