Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Commander in (War)chief Edition

What's new?

>In Development: Garrosh, Skins, Mounts, and more!
youtu.be/59jgXbrI6bs

>Garrosh - Warcraft Warrior announced
>PTR July 31st - Aug 7th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/garrosh/
youtu.be/s-_qEVW9I_A
>Talents
invenglobal.com/articles/2537/

>Heroes of the Storm 2.0
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/

>For New Players
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Official Community Resources, Guides, and Tips
>Talent Calculators, Statistics, Youtubers, and more
us.battle.net/heroes/en/guides-resources/
>Tier lists are effective guidance tools, but should never be blindly followed
heroescounters.com/map
robogrub.com/tierlist
tentonhammer.com/articles/heroes-of-the-storm-tier-list

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20931725/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20944066/
>Current Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20931726/
>Current PTR Patch Notes

>Where can I find fellow GM players stuck in gold because me bunga team?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/stukov#kbEx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Garrosh kit is pretty good and lore friendly.

Maiev literally someday

Let's take another look at Garrosh's abilities and determine if they fit the character or not:

>D - Armor Up: Garrosh gains armor as he loses health.

This is a running joke in Hearthstone because usually you'd get a warrior super low then he'd armor up to infinity. Still part of his character since he is a character in that game.

>Q - Groundbreaker: Garrosh slams the floor (with the butt of his axe, not the blade) and creates a shockwave that deals low damage; enemies caught in the outer area of the AoE are pulled towards Garrosh.

Garrosh's is capable of getting to enemies without having to use the blade of his axe: Garrosh is seen in the Nagrand cinematic finale leaping towards Thrall before beating him on the ground; on the SoO cinematic he pulls Taran Zhu towards him with a chain and not his axe.

>W - Bloodthirst: Melee range damaging ability that heals Garrosh for a % of his missing health.

Out of his whole kit, the most WoW warrior ability is the one that doesn't fit him at all. There is no record of Garrosh being able to strike an enemy and heal off it much less the heal being based off his missing health. Plus, since he one-hand wields Gorehowl he's more likely to be an Arms warrior, not a Fury one.

>E - Wrecking Ball: Garrosh tosses the closest enemy (marked by his horde insignia) into the location he wants, dealing moderate damage and slowing enemies in the Area.

He's an orc warrior. That is enough reason to give him an ability that works on strength alone. Garrosh is a very strong orc.

Both of the ults do not make sense though, because I've never seen Garrosh spin around to deal damage or taunt everyone in an AoE. Maybe he did this in mythic SoO and I don't recall it but the HotS team could've been a bit more creative.

Honestly we should be glad we got a main tank with basic abilities this interesting.

hots will probably be dead before they get to a character that irrelevant.

Where the FUCK is Maiev????

doomfist when

>stukov marked the point they stopped caring about lore and just made kits that filled roles the game needs
Not sure how to feel about it.

>Kel'thuzad soon

>"malthael wtf you counter cho'gall"

no he fucking does not, cho'gall will literally outsustain malthael for a fucking year, nevermind rehgar+cho'gall is not going to be beaten by malthael+stukov

>the only abilities Garrosh is allowed to have must be based on short cinematics or a single boss fight from WoW
>the only character traits this hero is allowed to have or show in HotS are the ones I remember/can find on youtube
>hero fantasy is determiend by arbitrary actions he did throughout his storyline and should have no reflection on who Garrosh is as a person
>if he doesn't mirror my headcanon exactly then blizzard is a failure and the company/game will go under because i didn't like a thing
>if you disagree you're a blizzshilldronebot and are a moron/autist/smoothbrain

>wanting another SC summoner

Garrosh fags are just that autistic, they are the worst fanbase in wow

Eh, not a huge SC guy myself.

But it does make me worry about Imperius and Kel'huzad.

>Blizzard still refuses to make a proper hard counter to double support comps
>Think it's enough to just give heroes one talent to reduce healing tied to a huge CD and be done with it

>Imperius
cuck who never did anything of note in the game he appeared in
>kelthuzad
wonky dated ass WC3 and WoW boss kit that could end up being literally anything, so impossible to be disappointed in

Spoken like a true waifuwarchief lover.

Mortal needs to be like giant killer and be on every other assassin. It'd be a fucking godsend.

The counter to double support is better DPS players. Double support almost never works in HGC for this reason.

>no jaina announcer

why live

Why not just go double support as well instead of forcing your one healer to make up for two? Of course if dps did their job and go for the healers it wouldn't really be as much of an issue.

Laura bailey does do valla too, but yeah they need a Jaina announcer.

>no xul announcer

He's chill as fuck and would make a great announcer. What the fuck blizzard?

>Trying to get the objective
lol?
It's ToD. They didn't get anything but a wave of minions.
>You should have just went with your team and go the objective
The towers we got WHEN WE KILLED THE ENEMY TEAM?

When should I go touch of death over cold hand on Malthael? should you just pop touch of death when you tormented souls in?

fury varian

so you don't understand the purpose of the forts on towers huh

>Implying we would've gotten a fort
DO
THE
BOSS

>implying you would've gotten the boss
DO
THE
forokay this didn't work as well as I'd hope

>Nearly do boss with 1 dps 1 tank
>Implying 1 more dps wouldn't kill the boss

why am i getting a blue screen everytime i play this shitty game

because your hardware is shit.

I think it's really just that since Garrosh is pretty much the embodiment of Savage orc warrior short of Grom himself, people expected more of a "YOU ARE HUGE, THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS. RIP AND TEAR" kind of moveset from him.

Problem is Sonya already exists

Haha people actually play this game??

but its not this is the only game im getting it on

Everybody is complaining about Garrosh not doing damage but I guarantee you Decimate and Warbreaker will pile up the numbers faster than you expect.

You likely won't kill anyone by yourself but in a teamfight you'll be outputting a lot of AoE damage very often.

>not playing hots in 2017
>playing league past s4
Brainlets baka

because your hardware is shit

but its not this is the only game im getting it on.

>if dps did their job and go for the healers
are you the varian i had in my last game who would charge in 1v5 just to colossus smash the morales and die

yeah focusing healers is good if they're out of position and you can get at them but it's not the only strat in the game

have you googled your specs + hots

my stuff is dated as shit and runs like a slug but haven't had anything that rough yet

Okay, honestly speaking now. What kind of BSoD message do you get?

How's my Stukov build?

heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/stukov#kbEx

Had to use a lotta trial and error but I like what I ended up with.

I feel like this playerbase is the type that, if someone ran a red light, and they could see well in advance and had plenty of time to stop, they'd still T-bone the person and go "WELL I HAD THE GREEN LIGHT SO I'M ABSOLVED OF ALL WRONGDOING"

That's basically what runs through my head every time someone tries to solo a boss, feeds and gives up boss, and then rages at his teammates instead of just recognizing that even if boss if the right play, you shouldn't do it if everyone's not on the same page

Tyrande is so bull shit OP jesus christ.
>Can heal non-stop while dealing damage WHILE reducing incoming damage.
Why is this allowed?

>dueling tyrande
she's not op she is just good at dueling

if you don't take targeted excision you have fucked up badly
also top off is literal garbage, it's worse than everything else on its tier
one good spread is 20% cooldown reduction on Q and infinite mana sustain, so it's the best general option at 4
also, if you take ballistospores at 13, eye infection at 16 can be situationally good. depends on the teams though

>still no alarak announcer
Why?

>first three points are exactly how varian was designed

>Enemies get one fort
>Can never get another webweaver again because you'd be overextending like fuck if you turn in

Who the fuck thought this piece of shit was a good map when they designed it?

How strong are the Nephalem, exactly?

Could they stronger than anything in the Starcraft and WoW universes as well?

Targeted Excision seems good but Long Pitch feeds off my lvl 1 talent and basically let's me snipe enemies with W, I manage to hit people even when they're running away.
I think you're underrating Top Off as well, at lvl 10 it's up to 168 extra healing ~6.5% of Stukov's own life, 13.5% of Tracer's, for example. Considering how reliant on sustain healing you'll be for most of the match I think it makes up for the times when you can't use your Bio-Kill Switch heal and does so immediately when folks are hurt but not nearly dead. That's why I think the CDR from One Good Spread isn't necessarily better, the mana sustain from it isn't necessary either when you have 30 Fetid stacks, which I've become pretty good at getting. Armor is a good niche I may take sometimes but Reuptake seems like an unrealistic quest, in the absolute best scenario where you're always immediately popping q -> d then it'd take 13 minutes from level 4 to get, 40% of healing is a lot but still, I think THAT'S the worst talent in the tier simply because it's not operational until ~20 mins in the game on average.
I honestly don't know what to take at 13.
I like Pox Populi better than Eye Infection and the other 16 talents mostly because it lets you get up to 7.5 seconds of healing, makes up for not getting the CDR talent almost.

That said, thanks for the advice, definitely going to try a bunch of stuff out, inc. your sugesstions.

Just want to remind you guys that Garrosh have a great desing.

>Can never get another webweaver again because you'd be overextending like fuck if you turn in
lrn2push

git gud

tomb is fine
git gud

yes, assuming you're counting every heroes current form in the nexus and not when they go super saiyan in their own universe. Nephalem are about as strong as you're going to get

Nephalem in Diablo-verse are a step higher than Demons and Angels, and basically one step below the Godlizard even if they are mortal half-breeds of Angels and Demons.

Nephalem are half angel half demon. They're stronger than both together, and the only reason they didn't overthrow heaven and hell is because of the Worldstone limiting their power- which got shattered at the end of D2, meaning new nephalem are being born into the world now. New zone touches on this, but pretty much the nephalem could rule Eternity given the opportunity.

I really wish they had stuck with the adventuring hero trope rather than gone with this superhero feeling shtick. Fun fact- the Barb in D3 was originally supposed to be the same Barb from D2- hence why hes significantly older than the rest of the cast. But that idea got scrapped early on and they just kept the design because why not. Wish I coulda seen behind the curtain during the D3 development- it had such a long development cycle and it turned out so utterly disappointing, I wanna know if it was just one person responsible for its downfall or just collective incompetence.

How to Kerrigan? I feel so squishy.

Also I really dislike the ultramobility that they've introduced lately.

hit your combo
also make use of those fancy q's on minions/spawns
know when to go in

haha here's the genji SALT lads hahaha

i don't want to play this game with xul being overpowered and genji every game

Well maybe it's because it was my first game with her, and their team comp was:
>Cassia
>Illidan
>Genji
Which made me feel sort of useless.

go back in time to 2014 when she was meta

Excision synergizes with the level 1 pustule cooldown talent much more strongly than long pitch does. 5s cooldown pustule + 5s cooldown killswitch is good shit

also note that the cdr from one good spread doesn't just mean more sustain heal, it also means more uptime for being able to push D to save an ally who's getting bursted. you only have 3.5s downtime after every cast instead of 5.5s. And then this synergizes with excision too.

how the hell do you remember all range of the abilities, mechanics and have your muscles memorize thats certain chars are Q W E others E Q W etc

i just cant, by the time i learn to do combos with alarak, i forget it with kerrigan or nova, you get the picture, how do good players remember all of this

Try not being a retard

alarak is the only hero in that list who requires any mechanical skill or practice at all for his combo

you might just have really bad hand-eye coordination or something
do you have to look at the keyboard when you type?

I feel like at Xul's current state you can easily reach GM but just being a Xul one trick because he's borderline broken while people are too uncoordinated to react properly to him.

it's just practice

and sort of why people recommend against having too large of a hero pool

What makes Xul OP?

>filename

>nova
>combo

you confuse me. But also by having a limited hero pool

Starting out too I had no fucking clue what some characters did until I played them myself on f2p rotation, you get used to it, especially if you just need to do the combo in spawn to remember the buttons

click-cc and tons of damage

try killing yourself pedro
ive played other games on competitive level
its just the feeling of doing something without thinking, about it, so you can focus on other things

Since when has Xul dealt any damage?

Retards, mostly.
He's super good at pushing AND finally not worthless at teamfighting, so he can murderball or splitpush as he wants, creating a ton of pressure idiots can't deal with and if they do, he can still contribute.

since his rework. Now he applies tons of lane pressure while also not being useless in the teamfight, if you just rotate and clear lanes constantly while showing up for the objective you'll crap all over most people

>click-cc
he would be stronger if he had stormbolt or gravity lapse
hotsbabs need to stop thinking that everything is automatically OP just because it isn't a skillshot

since his recent rework

What is it they changed that made him good?

so do they just not permanently discount heroes any more

They discount the gem prices :^)

Feel like we won't get something like this since you can le get heroes in le chests and since we got those bundles at the start of 2.0

They changed/moved/removed a lot of his older talents and now he has several viable builds. Pretty damn fun now.

The wizard is capable of turning into an archon (being of pure cosmic power) for an unspecified amount of time and capable of literally altering time (something that warcraft mages don't do because it's too fucking dangerous).

They are easily up there with post-primal kerrigan (Queen of Blades evil kerrigan was a class 12 entity on a scale that went from 1-10; Primal Kerrigan was so powerful that she couldn't be measured).

Nephalem are potentially possible of re-becoming Anu. They are *horrifyingly* powerful and they probably outright win against other universes. Some of the unique items in d3 were made on the fly by other nephalem (valla's bequest and the fortress ballista were IIRC made by li-ming in a spur-of-the-moment decision). Johanna got pulled into the nexus without her flail or shield, and because of that she doesn't spam blessed hammer.

If those halfbreeds are so damn powerful how come their universe doesn't implode on them? Frankly, it sounds stupid for a setting to host a multitude of universe-scale beings. Can they procreate? Because I wonder how the universe would deal with a swarm of these more-than-godlings.

is meant as a question to
Sorry about that.

>Can they procreate?
Humans = Nephalem

In case that wasn't clear.

>tfw gold 1
>unironically absolutely loving it

I have an exact 50% winrate and roughly 80% of games are what I desire: a genuine struggle without one team absolutely making never-ending game losing mistakes relative to the other one, since we're all goldshitters. I get to wave to the Plat 5s dangling on their demotion game, so they're all tryharding. I get to chill with the Gold 2s who are a little worse but nothing too stupid like what I'll see silvers try in quickmeme. Everyone is fairly courteous, and even when they aren't the autism fits are contained within 2 people arguing. People ping, people suggest strats, people discuss why they played a certain way, and it's consistent enough that I've gotten to know some players at my level.

The queues are also faster than quickmeme or unranked. It's literally THE apex trench. Just shallow enough to see the sun, the fish and crabs still have eyes, you get to see the ships sinking past you rather than living it. I do want to get Plat at some point, but I could retire here.

i mean in starcraft there is shit that could just straight up mindcontrol them. zerg infestors can neural parasite them for 15 seconds and protoss dark archons (these only exist in co-op mode i think) can permanently mind control anything

Thoughts on manaless heroes like Murky, D.va, Auriel, Tracer?

D3 looked so promising in it's trailer. Why did they get rid of sync-kills? Didn't they hire one of the Dawn of War animation guys for that shit?

>he thinks there are any differences between silver/gold/plat/diamond

redditors love to complain about it being OP
but the fact of the matter is, most heroes WITH mana bars are effectively manaless too
have you ever seen a tassadar or a sylv or a diablo or a greymane run dry

is theres a hots vg discord xoxo

the only heroes with mana bars that matter are
-most supports
-tyrael
-arthas
-muradin a little bit
-kerrigan

Nu-uh.
Humans are surpressed Nephalem. Every human is just a weak Neph, but not every Neph is a human.

They can all fugg and procreate though, probably also with demons and abgels since they're halfs.

jaina

and Auriel is a support with INFINITE MANA making her inherently overpowered