AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what are you trying to say

If its automatic it literally does not matter how the driving mode/gears are selected wether it be a stick, buttons, knob, slide, column shift, you hit it once and youre driving.

i drive a manual and i think it's silly that typical automatics have shift "patterns"

>tap down once while in drive to engage radar cruise control
>tap down twice for "auto pilot".

Old shitty ideas don't make new shitty ideas better.

>Double tap to engage chauffeur
Seems pretty cool, mang.

That looks super clean. I hope they feel solid and metallic.

All automatic cars should have the gear selector as a chunky column shift, the type you pull towards you and slide up/down to choose gears and not this shit.

Then you couldn't have features like auto park when you take your seatbelt off and open the door. Also, that car is designed to be fully autonomous. How would the car shift itself into reverse and park? Should it have a separate motor in the shift lever to move itself? That would be needlessly complex.

>shifter right where everyone who has ever driven a car expects a wiper or blinker stalk to be

>everyone who has ever driven a car
Every car I've ever owned has had the wiper and turn signal stalk on the left, where it is like normal on the Tesla. Right side is for a column shift or rarely cruise control.

My car from 2008 has the wipers on the right.

That's fucking weird and so is your car.

That meme screen tho

That's a burgerstani shitbox thing. Almost every other country uses a turn signal/headlight switch stalk on the left with wipers/mist control on the right, though German cars have a separate headlight knob on the left side of the wheel on the dash like burger shitboxes.

That's where late model Mercedes shifters are, as well as every column shift ever.

This is really for the worst kind of human being.

NZ here, all cars I've driven are wipers left, turn right.

Unless you’re used to euro cars. In which case you give the windscreen a quick wash to indicate to a bus that he can merge in front of you like I did yesterday

in my experience jappas have the indicator stalk on the right and euros have them on the left. Not sure about american

As a burger I can confirm the indicator stalk is on the left

>honey, is this R button for the radio

my bread could use a little honey

>have jap car
>indicator on left/wipers on right
>but you have to push down to increase wiper speed instead of push up

>indicator stalk anywhere else but on the left

The wiper stalk can move around (have had it on the right (speed adjustment up or down) and had it combined with the indicator stalk.
But never have I seen the indicator be on the right.

It’s normal for RHD cars. But euro and merricunt manufacturers don’t give a shit and leave them on the wrong side just to fuck with us

>leave them on the wrong side just to fuck with us
You mean on the right side.

We are just tired of you guys still not moving to the right side of the road.

This. Drove a Commodore for 6 years, then got into my friends focus and kept hitting the wiper. Makes driving one handed much harder.

>ever letting a bus merge in front of you

Fucking eurofags deliberately getting walked all over by slow fatass shitbuses.

Lol faget.

Their sub 1L diesel shitboxes are slower than the buses

hahaha

truly pathetic

europeans deserve their fate

they make it that way so autofags won't feel so bad about their neutered cuckmobiles

It's so you don't accidentally shift into the wrong gear. I drove an old Camry one time and the shifter was just a straight pull PRNDL, but the indents were so weak it just glided along. You had to look at it to see what gear you were in (dash indicator was burnt out).

Patterned shifters are good for offroad stuff too, you can easily shift one gear at a time without taking your eyes off the path.

>96 degrees, sunny with a chance of touge

>he drives a desk

dub quads of truth

>dumb bitch passenger presses R to rewind track or N for next track
>die

Makes more sense than the phallic thing in most automatics.
Only manuals can have gears shifter.

This is a good idea actually, and here's why from an autistic standpoint.

In most cars to shift from D to P you need to go through R and N in the classic PRND pattern. When the shifter goes through R, in many cars the backup lights flash for a fraction of a second because the car thinks it is going to reverse even though the driver is just trying to get past it. This is just laziness and truly tickles my autism when I see a car that has just parked or is about to back out or something. Buttons prevent this because you can go directly to the "mode" you want.

I’m just following the rules, cunt. I follow pretty much all the road rules except speeding and stop signs and sometimes drive on the footpath...

>N for next track
>Die
Oh no, we slowly decelerate, this will be our end