Is robinhood a good app to buy stock on?

Is robinhood a good app to buy stock on?

Does anyone here use it?

>Is robinhood a good app to buy stock on?
Depends. If you're a beginner, like me, yes. Because it is very easy to use and every trade is free of commission. However, it does have it's moments where something will glitch and get messed up. But not anything too major.

>Does anyone here use it?
Yes. Look for the daily /rgt/ threads.

thank you.

are there any fees that i should know about? or is it all just free?

I just put in my bank account info =] cant wait to start buying tomorrow.

No fees. If you buy a stock for 30 cents and sell for 31. You make one cent.

If you buy then sell the same stock in One day you get a "day trade" it's luster at the bottom of your account. 3 day trades are allowed per 5 trading days. (Rolling not calander).

It's commission free. (Obviously, the stocks aren't free but you don't have to pay like 6 to 10 bucks per trade.) No hidden fees or anything. There is a Robinhood Gold feature now that you can subscribe to for like 6, 9, or 10 bucks a month.

Also, my application wasn't approved for like I think a week or two. So I had to wait a while before actually being able to trade. I know other people have had their accounts approved within days. I just started emailing them about it once I started getting impatient and it went through.

Get stock twits app and read a lot. Shit posting and lying is similar to /b/ some people are alright and lots will legitimately answer newbie questions.

Enjoy poor trade executions and shitty market routing.

-t. Foreigner

make sure you come back once your money clears for stock tips too hot to handle by the normies:

actually,

t. Fidelity client (under 1 second trade executions u mad?)

It's alright but you get what you pay for

I fucked around with it with a few thousand and its fun to mess with, but lack of any kind of support leaves a lot to be desired. Its a good intro app for beginners. Im turned off by how long they take to send you your 1099, which if you made hundreds of trades is essential if you dont want to go fucking crazy during tax season. Ill take my commissions and enjoy some semblance of customer support and timely documentation. I have a feeling RH is going to lead to a LOT of audits in the next few years.

I can see that happening as well, I had to edit some of my trades

I would assume this given their business model. Seems like, besides the cash sweeps, they'd be skimming some off execution.

under rated

fidelityfag here too, fuck Robinhood.

Don't use it

The app can randomly crash during trading hours and you can be fucked. I lost 1000 because of this

This. Stock jumped up to like +20% so i sold and it actually sold at like +2%, still a profit but v. annoying

I've tried several platforms but switched to Schwab a couple of years ago.

I've never had a single issue and they just dropped their fees to $4.95 a trade.

protip: if you cant buy at least $1000 of a stock in one purchase you are too poor to be trading.

$1000 makes a $5 commission 1/2%

I have over $200,000 in Fidelity
And just $20,000 in Robinhood
ZERO TRADE FEES YOU SILLY FUCKS - USE A LIMIT ORDER FFS

Robinhood is now integrated with TurboTax so you just log in and boom, good 2 go

This is true. But it's fucking free trades, so you can have fun with side accounts and smaller amounts of money, where most trade programs you need 5000$ + in every trade to make any gains in small stock movements.

>babby's first market order