Are snow tires for bad drivers...

are snow tires for bad drivers? i went to get mine mounted today and the service guy kept asking if it was my wifes car (i dont have a wife ;..; )

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EC1E2eDt1JY
youtube.com/watch?v=JpqdrYSQ2So
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTXUcoGdhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>asks leading questions about your wife
he was probably trying to fuck you

Just tell him it IS your wifes car so he thinks you're a cool dude (rather than a basement dwelling faggot).

You drive a bitch car

/braad

i dont like lieing to people because if we become friends later he'll come over and realize i was lieing and think poorly of me

if there is snow on the ground in your area for longer than a week every year and you don't have snow tires then you are an idiot. No amount of "manliness" or "good driving" is going to save you from the ditch.

they're winter tires not snow tires

No, snow tires are for people who understand just how important tires are for vehicle performance and safety.

I have snow tyres on my skyline, sketchy asf in the wet 10/10 would recommend, doesnt snow where i live, bought them for the lulz

Snow tire r for pussy

Lern 2 drive skrub ass motherfucker

Those aren't snow tires, retard OP.

that thing is hideous

tfw summer tires all year long because live in the south

It snowed once this year and I didn't even have work that day.

What makes it not?

theyre studless snow, dude

nah mb its coz the car was a shitty crossover.

Winter tyres a goat. Had to commute my 2 ton car on summers when there was 2inches of snow and ice and there is 0 grip unless you going sideways. Had to keep mad distance and brake early and test braking to see if there was any grip or not.

Here have a video

youtube.com/watch?v=EC1E2eDt1JY

or watch one of the 5000 other videos telling you that winter tires are are good idea.

Why not put on chains?

i have been using these
had no issue in fresh snow in the alps last week

Pretty sure ive seen this exact picture on a Facebook group

If you value your life and your car and you get snow that won't melt away immediately after touching ground you need winter tires. All season tires can't do shit on compressed snow and perform poorly even in fresh snow. They are considered "all season" because they will remain moderately soft when it's freezing cold outside. You can drive them on clean cold roads, they will be much safer than summer tires.
You can be initial d meme tier good driver but it won't help you when tires has zero grip and Chad's pickup bed is getting closer and closer to you.

Have you ever put chains on car? If yes tell us if you would want to do this again? If yes, then explain why are you lying to us?

No I've never done it. But it's cheaper than 1k+ in snow tires

Yeah and 25 mph with snow chains is pushing your luck. What fuck are you driving that winter tires are 1K/set?

I value my safety and comfort more.

>dudes getting stuck in 4 feet of snow for shits and giggles
>Russian Far East plates

well of course

>snow tires are for pussies that cant drive
This is honestly the same level of retarded as saying "why buy expensive track tires for you racecar lmao just run all seasons they have the same grip stop being a pussy"

>Yeah and 25 mph with snow chains is pushing your luck. What fuck are you driving that winter tires are 1K/set?
Texas. I don't do winter.

Whatcha tryin to say boi
youtube.com/watch?v=JpqdrYSQ2So

>he doesnt like hektic skidz and the feeling of impending doom

git gud scrub

How long to snow tires last? How many winters can you usually get out of a fresh set assuming one drives 15k miles a year, so like 3k winter miles?

how fucking low hp is your car if you cant spin a set of snows?

Slow as fuck

3 years. Winter tires perform best when they are no more than 3 - 4 years old.

They're not "snow" tires, they're "Winter" tires.

Regular tires stop being effective at certain temperatures, and in most place with actual Winters, you're required by law to put them on.

The opposite of fun amd suoer noisy, maybe out in the pass, but not commute

in my shitty south american city it snowed last year and was such a big event.

I live in the upper Midwest and I have never once in my life used snow tires nor do I know anyone over the age of 40 who uses them.

Yes you will experience a loss of performance and control while driving in the snow but if you know how to handle your vehicle you will have no problem avoiding collisions.

> (OP)
>I live in the upper Midwest and I have never once in my life used snow tires nor do I know anyone over the age of 40 who uses them.
>Yes you will experience a loss of performance and control while driving in the snow but if you know how to handle your vehicle you will have no problem avoiding collisions.

Opinions like these are along the lines of : I smoked all my life and I don't have lungs cancer yet. Be careful and smoke"light" and you'll be fine. Non smokers are pussys.

That's just ignorant and misguided.

That just means that your conditions allow that

There are places where winter tires are an absolute minimum to even get anywhere, letalone get where you need to be without slowing other traffic

Have Xi3s on my BRZ. Still have to roll out slowly and take turns slowly because no junk in the trunk.

Wrong. Drive my miata in snow wit drift tires.

Why the fuck are you even in this thread you inbred hillbilly?

t. mad boi

I have blizzaks on my forester and it's amazing. I've spent the last fifteen years struggling with bald tires and with rwd's that get stuck on icy hills, never again. I'm in mn.

If you plan to keep the car long enough to go through more than one set of tires than it makes sense to just buy both tires straight away and have designated winter tires.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTXUcoGdhw

10 years of driving, 0 accidents, 0 winter tires purchased. i'll buy them when the government subsidizes their cost instead of spraying car cancer all over the road.

there are so many factors, where do you live? are there any hills in your area? do you even commute far?

not being in an accident doesnt make you a great driver, if anything it makes you lucky.

I have blizzaks on my BRZ. Also live on a hill that ices over quite often and the snow tends to get packed down. Every single person who makes it up the hill has winters on their car. Everyone else gets about halfway up and has to slide down backwards on their all seasons.

lying

>good driving doesn't prevent accidents
???

That's not a light cavalryman, user.

Driving safely is something only homos do?
What a bunch of insecure faggots.

What's it like driving on snow? Can it be fun? Do u like to get "hectic"? Closest thing to snow I've driven on is sand at the beach, I like to go down there and spin my tires in first gear.

does your car come with a dental dam by any chance?

also winter tires are legit in the snowbelt, I ran Conti Extreme Winter Contacts driving in northern ontario and they were worth every penny

chicago area, yeah there are actually hills where i live, and my commute ranges from 4 miles to 135 miles depending on what job i'm doing. i drive slower in the winter, keep up on maintenance and wear items, and generally don't pretend i'm invulnerable to the cold like most Staceys do.

>chicago
>hills
more like little bumps in the ground at most

This is the 3rd thread you've posted your car in this week. Nobody wants to see your trailer trash life

>chicago area
inclines=hills

pussy

>Rusting out a perfectly good FD
Shame on you

Yes and no. It's low friction but sliding is controlled as it builds up against your sideways motion to keep you from spinning out. That low friction means stopping takes longer though and understeer is more likely to happen, so it's equally scary.

Eh...

>fun
Sure, with the right conditions and the right cat you can

I think it highly depends on where you are, how experienced you are, what car you have, tires and so on. For a guy like me who drives on ice & snow for six months a year it becomes just driving. Same speeds all year around, snowfalls cause no real issues (the only folks who do struggle when you get like a foot and a half in 24 hours are tourists)

You've gotta be more mindful tho. The traction is more likely to change suddenly, and the traction will always be lower than what an asphalt/gravel road would offer. Still, like I said; we keep the same speeds even if the roads are ice. The infrastructure keeps the roads decently plowed & scraped, while folks with the know-how and properly equipped cars can drive on those roads with no issue at all

>broken pop-ups

What a failure.

people who don't use snow tyres in snow countries are bad drivers. there is nothing worse than first week of snow in my country
>suddenly everyone on the street moves 40kmph max
>constant crashes, clogging the traffic
>anyone who's not retarded and changes to winter tyres before first snow can't move properly because traffic is crowded with cripples

winter tyres for winter, summer tyres for summer. it's that simple

why did he ask more than once? did he say "are you suuuure?" and wink at you?

This was the day I was sending it down to the city to get the lights fixed, new suspension put in, etc. I won't falling for (((trucking))) jew

Why u so jelly?

Yeah, I'd love to be able to have four extra wheels with extra tires and a place to put all that shit. I'd love to have a hardtop and a place to put it too, but I have only so many square feet in my apartment, so I get all seasons and live with it.

Fuck, dude, you're already fortunate enough to have a car, but now you have to have a total of eight wheels for it or you don't "value your life" or some shit. Nothing's ever good enough.

I ran linglong ditchfinders on my el camino for many winters with zero crashes. As far as Im concerned snow tires are for people who cant drive in the snow. Winter is just cheap drift season for me while summer is when I blow through the ditchfinders every month or so.

Rn I use General G max on my fiesta st all year because I cant afford to buy the potenzas every 10k miles.

/braaaaaap

What is the automotive equivalent of a squid?

i run blizzaks on my subaru. only an idiot wouldnt have a different set of wheels if they see very cold temps and snow during winter

Fucking this. There is a pretty steep hill just outside my town, and I was stuck for 40 minutes while the summer tyre retards was skidding and struggling to get up, and I couldn't overtake them due to bad visibility.

Why do people still claim having 2 sets of tires costs more?
If you have just 1 set it won't really last more than a couple of years because you use them all the time. In comparison a set of winter + summer tyres gets you like ~4 years since you use them only half the time.

Well, good winter tires tend to be more expensive than comparable summer tires, especially once you start to go up in sizes

Winter tires also wear out "sooner", as you can't run the tread depth as low as you can on a summer

True about the tread but tread also wears out slower on snow and ice, tho cold asphalt does wear it out faster.

About the cost, not sure if this applies everywhere but on my old econobox with 15" tyres I got better winter tyres for 200 euro new than the summer tyres that were 200 aswell.
Continental TS850 for winter vs Dunlop BluResponse for summer.

Ah well, biggest reason for me to buy winter tyres is that many people here drive summer tyres in winter and just can't drive for shit, combine those two and I need all the emergency stopping power I can get.

>Gets honked at as he spins his wheels and eventually reaches a blisteringly unsafe speed of 35mph
>SORRY I'M BEING A SAFE DRIVER ;_;

>/tread

Its because you didn't do it yourself you nu-male