youtube.com/watch?v=h3jR08-GjQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

idk how i would respond because i would be fucking dead

>crashes into you
Implying.

*crashes into you and kills both you and the driver*

>*crashes into you and causes no harm to you or the driver*

i guarantee that i would be harmed

>crashes sliding sideways into a fucking wall at 150 MPH and lets the driver walk away while knocking over retards who ignored the fence

Still hardly a big deal, F1 in the 80s was a joke compared to that, marshals running into the track to see to a crashed car while people were overtaking them at 200MPH.

I still can't believe both drivers walked away from this:

youtube.com/watch?v=BOvt8OlfX4E

Motorsports are so unbelievably safe these days. It's crazy to me that you can be rear-ended at 150MPH+ and be fine, I guess the weight of the cars plays a big role.

The cars disintegrate into tiny pieces and the drivers are strapped down with a 5-point harness, netting, Hans device, arm restraints, and they're surrounded by their seat in a nigh-indestructible carbon cockpit.

Still fucking unbelievable that less than 5ft of crumple zone is enough to save you in a scenario like that, considering people die in road-cars in crashes at like 30MPH. Imagine the energy being absorbed in a 150MPH accident.

This is similar:

youtube.com/watch?v=3SGoIa5xq74

He just fucking walks away like it's no big deal.

Yes, that's exactly what we need, texting roasties plowing through the morning commute traffic and thankfully being unharmed.

desu I am kinda salty that when I buy a new car I am paying for airbags exclusively for road pedestrians.

F=MA my man. Big, heavy cars are dangerous.

he has a carbon fiber cage built around him. Carbon shatters instead of collapsing on itself like metal does.

you have got to be kidding me

>weight of cars
Nah, race cars have crumple zones now too, package the driver so they’re not part of the intended crumple zone, stiff chassis and roll cages make a car that doesn’t just disintegrate at high speeds and a HANS device protects the driver from whiplash (before the HANS device drivers had so much force on their neck it was equivalent to be hung)

My sauce:
youtube.com/watch?v=h3jR08-GjQY

>get out
>mag dump into the window
>claim self defence

Glad that modern safety standards are stopping natural selection.

Volvo's goal is that no one dies in a car accident inside a Volvo made after 2020.

Invents three-point seat belt. Doesn't copyright design, but shares it with other companies and encourages them to use it so human lives can be saved.

You're looking at this the wrong way.

Make this sort of airbag mandatory but in exchange for lowering beltlines and allowing lower noses etc. Justification being that a lower car with a lower beltline gets the struck pedestrian onto the bags better and this is objectively superior to their colliding with sheet metal and glass as promoted by the current high beltline, flat nose, safety paradigm.