/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

jewish engineering edition
previous ded:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general
>pgfegxcgrbxgfgoginktwgfgoalterfhgskgsrgfelmglolgfogcsogrlgbbgacegddgbfgdsgvnagdg
If you're looking for any of the aforementioned generals, please use the catalog search function, or learn how to use the built in filters.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is dead again. RIP in piss.
>space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NdbkvJznmwU
youtube.com/watch?v=HvVHJHLPXxA
youtube.com/watch?v=srVgm2FMbt8
youtube.com/watch?v=0Psf6atoivI
youtube.com/watch?v=dQf2l8RxJaE
youtube.com/watch?v=u5jTSloYbes
youtube.com/watch?v=5lBudtCnd7M
a.pomf.cat/pwohsd.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=ty-xxavBRcs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_gravity_of_an_aircraft
forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/272320-discussion-panorama-the-mystery-of-el-diablo-gorge/
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs
youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

STANDING

Oi vey goyim, thanks to our wondrous jewish enginerring we can now use light switches on the shabbath.

youtube.com/watch?v=NdbkvJznmwU

Never forget when Robocraft was ever so slightly less shit.

Also, as I repost old content, how's machinecraft doing? I don't see people talking about it so much now.

real holocaust when?

Reposting because it takes me hours upon hours to actually make something

>
>How is the combat and the singleplayer?

If there's a voxel game with better combat and singleplayer I'm not aware of it. Building and destroying shit is very satisfying.

i heard uwds are back with the latest patch that uncapped movement speed

shame about the rest of the game

youtube.com/watch?v=HvVHJHLPXxA

youtube.com/watch?v=srVgm2FMbt8

youtube.com/watch?v=0Psf6atoivI

youtube.com/watch?v=dQf2l8RxJaE

youtube.com/watch?v=u5jTSloYbes

youtube.com/watch?v=5lBudtCnd7M

Explain, what does this switch does and why is it kosher?

Sir, you appear to be in wrong thread, this is /egg/ - Engineering Games General.
I would advice going to the thread you were looking for and blaming /hsg/ for any mistakes and wrondoing done both by and to you.

it's a tab that blocks random pulses of light that happen to act as a light switch
because the pulses are random and moving it is not directly controlling things
it is kosher
jewish law is all about finding really odd loopholes

(embed)

[Jews] (embed)

>look at the image
>is that a angry marine i see
>look at filename
>mfw rest in peace Veeky Forums

Ive got the cash to buy 3 purple parts in cuckout. What should I get?

I already have Humpback, improved engine, and gas generator.

20th for /engineering/

>Humpback, improved engine
The Humpback is slow, it can't fully use the imp. engine. Get a powerful engine Mk2.

I can't wait until I can torch these heathen creatures and liberate all that black gold

a better game

>a better game
As you don't point out which game, I will have to guess; No, I won't play Heartstone. Get out Cardfaggot.

that's a bretty drunk railroad you got there

save up

ok fugtorio serbians, I will soon be demolishing all laser turrets and I'll set up gun turret walls with revolutionary railroad reload.
With current tech we got laser turrets sit at around 205.2dps.
Even with their greater range that's nothing compared to good'ol guns, which dish out 1632,96dps at the moment.
Only problem is, we have switched to uranium ammunition, while still having 10k conventional magazines in storage and about 47k piercing

The recipe takes piercing though doesn't it? So just connect it to the uranium round production

the uranium round production is connected to the piercing round production
we have surplus in storage

Disconnect the rounds and use the storage until it depletes?

I might just do, but for now:
match uranium production capacity to piercing (since it should've been 90 assemblers not 30)
fix coal
get more uranium, ore patch went dry and we got only 5-6k left

I think he's attempted to (solid) snake it around the aliums

Gee Billy...

There you go user, missile challenge with limited fuel. 131 seconds of flight endurance plus however long the plane can stay in the air after losing power. The only time I managed to survive all the missiles it took me 128 seconds, so this is reasonable.

Consider limiting Kovarex refining to only activate when there's a ratio of 1:14 between shiny and dull uranium, or higher. Lower than that, and your dull will run out leaving you with shiny you can't do jack shit with. Higher is fine because of DPU rounds. The ratio accounts for fuel cell production and reprocessing.

Like, in case you want to run your plant for months or something.

ftd is giving me the shits bros. Now that shields are more effective I'm using a dedicated shield busting turret to clear a path for the real dakka. Buuut the shield busting gun and the proper guns target different areas of the enemy so I get one section with no shields but also no dakka hitting it and a section taking heavy fire which is repelled by shields.

>dorothy
Good taste

>he thinks this shitshow is even close to kovarex
mate this is slow motion server, every second in game takes 15 irl
thanks for ratio though

I stripped down the mods on the Factorio serb, now using only:
>Autofill
>Long Reach
>RSO
>Squeak Through
>Side Inserters custom
>Vehicle Snap

Frames are still being dropped, but it seems to run a lot better, speed is near 100% for now. Downside is, it might just be because everything got disconnected as subterrain was removed

If possible, you may need a small 'tail' to be able to do that more than once each match

>subterrain was removed
yes, YES

Now literally the whole base is broken and some of it is borderline unfixable though. I'm just going to add a simple mod that increases the base game underground belt/pipe distance, no chance of that creating lag on its own. Yellow 20, red 40, blue 60, pipe 50. It is cheat-y in regards to resources, but I think we're safely beyond the point where it matters if 5000 iron more or less is used making belts
a.pomf.cat/pwohsd.rar
Unrar this to mod folder

>borderline unfixable though
a challenge!

It's a big enough challenge to fix this shit even with the custom length mod, with normal length we'd be rebuilding even the rails

>we'd be rebuilding even the rails
I may or may not have been thinking about it already

or less weight, so each shot you take you do a backflip and land on wheels. Actually works

Putting a tail still renders insane recoil, not so extreme obviously, but enough to still make you turn on your side at times.

I can't figure out a perfect flip build for dual Tsunamis. One is easy, but not two.

>flip build

center, bit higher and sideways

Since he has no flamer fuel, it is understandable.

I will still be slightly upset if he doesn't fix it after removing the AYYs.
You better automate landfill right now, nigga.

>Carapace cabin, bought Immortal Warrior pack for 6 Trillion Rubel
>Bought two meme guns for 1 Million Kike Talers
>lul wut, guns broken, shit game
also requesting original Robocraft Gnereal Physician jpg

I have over 100 hours in FTD and I still can't make a proper plane. It keeps flipping, halp

Do radar sets actually do anything in that game? I have yet to find a WWII flight sim that actually incorporates early AI sets. Aces High would have been literally perfect for it if it weren't for the indicators that show you all the aircraft within 5km.

Nigga, I haven't even FOUND the maximum damage on them combined at three stacks yet. Highest alpha I've done to a cab that killed someone instantly (from the front mind you) was 2131 damage. Everyone else just whithers beneath these guns if I can find your cab.

Jet stabilizers and if it is top heavy for example replace a few bottom blocks with lead to balance it.

i updated the game against better judgement and tried it out for one last time

oh boy do i regret that
>loading times are somehow worse than the psx era even though their servers shouldn't be overloaded
>wheels no longer slip so no oversteer shenanigans
>rudders don't seem to generate lift anymore and rotate 360 degrees so they can't even be used for swept wings
but at least you can now zoom out decently far in the garage menu

thanks senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=ty-xxavBRcs
Episode 4 is here

>Since he has no flamer fuel
flamer a shit
roadkill is best kill

After several unsuccessful attempts at designing a small but functional a2a missile that could be loaded on my planes, I decided to just grab the existing surface to air missile and build a new plane around it

Not my nicest looking aircraft but the missile works much better than the others I've made

It took me over 600 hours to be able to make proper planes. Sure, most of the time i spent was building botes, but still...

Center of gravity must be ahead of the center of lift

t. physician

You don't really need to make your planes aerodynamically sound just cheat with control blocks and the other things

Most modern jet fighters are naturally unstable and are kept in the air by computers anyway, so that's not really cheating

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_gravity_of_an_aircraft
You would know this shit, if you have played... oh, I can't talk about it.

Still gotta try it against a maneuvering target, but after 5 attempts this has proven to be much more reliable than my other a2a missiles

nice, but fuel for 115s

>flamer a shit
say that to my etheral fire elephant and see what happens

>... they pay a lot of money for the black boxes of leviathans removed from their charred wreckages.
what's in those new blacked boxes?
forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/272320-discussion-panorama-the-mystery-of-el-diablo-gorge/

So use one gun with mixed ammo.

Don't be ded

Also about It's a movement on it's own
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs

Can we out jew jewish engineering?

think memes are shit fuck off

Robojew can be outjewed by giving up entirely
Crossjew can be outjewed by stockmarketing
Factorio can be outjewed by blaming the death of 6,000,000 aliums at the borders of your walled camp on the aliums themselves.
Machinecraft can outjew the others by being free.

conveyor belt + gas chamber. All fully automated

>boxes
Its secret crate tech developed by /k/ and /egg/ in secret.

Still shits itself sometimes after the target dodges hard, but it's getting better

>easy season reward converted to shekels
~95
>medium season reward converted to shekels
~93

Why even bother with medium raids ?

Because sometimes it has shit like 'win 15 raids', sometimes scrap isn't worth so fucking much and sometimes you complete the easy raids then want to complete more raids.

I love the stuff you post, keep it up

Okay no it's still not working very well

Gas the Marek
Liquid the Smart
Solid the physician
Plasma the redacted

Infinijewtory can be outjewed by making the most space-efficient machine possible, then removing conveyor belts that aren't related to inout timing and only required for moving the product to the output (therefore creating the most space- and block-efficient machine)

fuck off Mex

>Watching how it handles the miss
>Notice it's suddenly facing the opposite direction
>wat
>Look at each frame
>Entire missile spins 180 in the space of 1 frame

The problem with these missiles is that they don't maneuver by using normal control surfaces (ailerons and elevators), instead they have a tracking computer that is constantly trying to look in the direction of the targeted block. So the tracking block is forcing the missile to change course by pulling it in that direction; sometimes it works and the missile can keep flying, but sometimes it doesn't.

Also I think a major factor that determines whether the missile will launch and track the target successfully is the angle of attack of its wings at the moment of missile release. The plane has to be as close to neutral level flight as possible for the missile to launch properly, otherwise it just drops out of the plane and starts spinning and turning on itself

just like orc snipers

>that maneouver
holy fugg

I don't understand how the shabbat elevator works
It stops on every floor. How is that getting around the problem of it needing electricity which is produced at some point by fire in most cases?

>destroy 3 shitters in crossout
>they respawn
what the hell

Welcome to religious '''''laws''''', where we can justify whatever the fuck we want whenever the fuck we feel the need for it.
Now obey, or go back to work if you are goyim.

Let me say it this way:
If you don't start it;
youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

Do they have to wait for the elevator to come at a certain time to use it? Can they initiate using the elevator from their penthouse or does it run on a schedule?

What about solar power, or do they count photons from the sun as 'fire', too?
Actually, who cares. People who behave like that are objectively clinically insane.

So, new to cuckout.
Had some money left over from the beta. Decided to find whatever was the most OP and use that with my tier 1 bumblefuck wagon.
Game is actually fun if you just bulldoze everyone with the TOW.