Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/d/81-honda-cm400c-winter-sale/6438224019.html
ebay.com/itm/2006-Ducati-Other/173033335551
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's a Honda CM400 that looks pretty beat up on craigslist near me for $700. Seller says it runs perfectly fine. I've never ridden a bike before, and yes, I've read the guide. Would this be an okay bike for a beginner? The price is really tempting.

I want nothing more than to get back onto the road after my fatal accident.

>Honda CM400
Honda's are generally great bikes. You just need to enjoy bikes on their own level. They're not cars. They're kind of like really cool push bikes. You can do more with less.
Make sure you do the QRIDE or LAMS course ASAP.

I'm more worried about the maintenance on such an old model. Is there anything I need to worry about in particular considering it's from 1981? I just want to know what I'm getting into with this bike in particular.

are you dead?

Getting parts will be a nightmare
Just pray that nothing breaks because you'll mostly likely need a donor bike for anything.

Here's the listing: chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/d/81-honda-cm400c-winter-sale/6438224019.html

It looks beat to shit, so my immediate assumption is that something will break. I guess I'll try to find something newer. A running bike for under 1k is so tempting though.

does it normally take over 4 weeks to get a log book from the dvla
I have a suspicion the guy hasn't even sent it yet, he seemed pretty dim.

Post bikes!

It doesn't. Either he hasn't sent it, or there isn't one.

Post hyundai

That's not my car, someone I was working with's.
Although I do have a Hyundai also

Anyways post bike now

Now post hyundai

Only photo I have of mine

Jesus, why are you hipsters so obsessed with this ratty old pieces of shit? Spend $1500 and get a machine that isn't 40 years old.

Post more ZX9R pls

Its the worst bike ever
>slow
>so small the maneuverability is poor
>only manlets can ride it
>ugly
>expensive
>made by Honda

Why the fuck do trade salesmen think their decade old cat C bike with 50k miles is worth almost as much as it would be brand new.

Seriously, tell me why?

Where do I find the will to ride when it's below 20f every day?

Buddy how many miles do you have on yours? This is the F model right?

Yeah it's the 03. Don't remember, like 23k or so.

Hurrley?

I have a '98 I have put about 30k miles on, sitting on around 70000 miles now. As far as I know the case hasn't been opened and I'm thinking of replacing the camchain, tensioner, cleaning up the valve seats, maybe replacing rings. Is your engine very noisy? Ever hear the valves(maybe?) get louder going downhill? I'm always thinking something is going wrong with my bikes but this is the highest mileage I've owned so I am just waiting for it to break and I'm not all that easy on it.

Post the Best !

Das it mane

Stop posting the worst

Are old goldwings good bikes?
something about them makes me really want one

Strangely sexy

Yeah I hear the valves sometimes. Not the rest though. Should probably do all that with miles that high

Dont u no?
They got porcher engines!!1!
Jokes aside I do want one eventually

how do tank slappers happen

Loss of grip followed by finding grip again, followed by overcorrection, followed by loss of grip. That continues until you're thrown off, or get control back.

Slow posting cuz everyone is hung over?

>guy in my town trying to sell his bkke
>dragster lewis hamilton edition
>asking $30k

not the actual pic but this is what the bike looks like

Ugly trash

this

isn't it new

The Lewis Hamilton edition is a limited special model, 244 made. Rare things tend to be expensive. Personally I wouldn´t buy one, even if I had the money as I´m not a fan of Lewis Hamilton.

There's idiots asking $30k for Paul Smart specials in LA. Special Edition collectors are all about their own egos

Niiiice. Wish I could have afforded a newer Honda.

But my dumb ass had to buy a car first

Post your dream bike and let everyone tell you why its shit.

>owing a car in 2k18

Quite silly, but if it makes them feel better about themselves. Unfortunately that kind of befaviour drives prices up and that is annoying.

pic. Bimota Tesi, because cool

looks like something that needs daily maintenance

not the new one

Why is the tire so thin in bikes like this? I don't get the benefits.

it's an offroad bike. better for loose/uneven terrain

Oh right, makes sense

Get a load of this guy (note seller name)
ebay.com/itm/2006-Ducati-Other/173033335551

You don't need nearly as much front tire grip on a dirt bike because there simply isn't that much grip available. And you're not using it nearly as much as on the street to grip, most times you want your front tire to glide over the dirt. Two strokes especially barely wear front tires because they stay on top of dirt, have basically no engine braking, and usually steer the rear wheel through corners.

It's old and tires couldn't be cast that wide and still work consistently.
Dirt bikes also benefit from cutting into soft ground. with this tread material

I don't know if you can read properly, but the reason I'm interested is because I can probably get it for $500. I just want something on two wheels that can take me to work.

Bro you don't want ANY motorcycle owned by a faggot that straight piped a 400. Let alone the $500 400 itself, which was "rebuilt and jetted carbs", AKA I had the valves adjusted 6 years ago and it's jetted so bad it probably can't go above quarter throttle without bogging

I had a CM200t years ago.
The 400 you're looking at is rough. But if you have some knowledge and skill, you could clean it up and have a nice bike.

Sentimental value

Thanks for the info. I'll just keep monitoring CL for shit under 1k.

Are you really that tight on monies? Stay away from these shitpiles. Get something mint for like 3k.

Anyone of y'all knows of a modified NC 700/750?
Sister is planning to get one and I can't tell if I like it or not

If you can afford it, it won´t be a problem.

It's a car on two wheels.

I mean, they make just 7hp more than Hondas p-twins.

Well, the engine is half a fit's and it is an inline 2

How do you guys feel about the s1000r?

That or a Striple RS will be muh next bike next fall.

The best gsxr money can buy
Get an aprolia

On dirt you get traction by cutting into surface, not gripping onto it. Sharp shapes cut into surface better.

Wouldn't buy one while the Superduke and Tuono exists, while they're a blast to ride they've got pretty serious reliability problems. Between those two I'd take the Striple.

Where does this meme that the S1000 is unreliable come from? I google for it and I just get a million "I hear they break" forum posts

So what's the de-facto fuel stabilizer in the old world?

I'm always having shit with carbs and pump due to old fuel after winter.

Also, what's better - draining carbs (can dry out seals) or leaving them full ( can gunk up). Both cases require rebuild.

draw your bike

They have weak timing chains, which makes them chew valves and like all modern BMWs the have pumps engineered to fail, that can destroy your bike

no ethanol in your fuel, mikey

There's like a million reports of valve train failure at under 400 miles.
Also frames snapping

done about 300 miles on £15 of fuel
and it's not run out yet

is that about right?

FAGS

uh I mean hi

hey

>Sebastião construções
>L U S I T A N I A

Veeky Forums stop thinking I'm spamming

Will actually be buying one tho.

show me on the doll where honda touched you, user.

Maybe.

I'm not much of a dream bike type of guy.

>600
>suzuki

kalt

is ?

GS?

>GS?
Nah

BROTHER!!

Yep

Avgas (100ll) works pretty well. it will fuck up a bike with a cat ( shouldn't be an issue on a carbed bike ) Just drain, fill with 100 low lead, run it arounf for about 5 minutes to make sure it's in the floats and store. Riding season comes around drain the tank, fill with regular gas and ride on. You can just run the avgas out but it will foul plugs if your bike is running rich.

No bike listed or price of fuel=we have no idea.

And?
I'll do 482 km to $22 of gas as well, on my scooter

Surely they will make a new version of this sooner or later.

R-right?

With handshifter and manual oilpump