drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSfgmZuvPRH-V4tNCBopaHAuRjuR3AxytjlBiaoICHC6cWGYzkg1POxHyUxBoJAWAUtFHOPUVte0kWI/pubhtml?gid=0
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gaoho/lets_save_the_thief_sure_to_contain_spoilers/
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/228450
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for "Mage of Old" is a true aussie shitter in DS2. Can't even take losing to a slow as fuck regular hammer

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSfgmZuvPRH-V4tNCBopaHAuRjuR3AxytjlBiaoICHC6cWGYzkg1POxHyUxBoJAWAUtFHOPUVte0kWI/pubhtml?gid=0
List of useful data for DS3 mostly pvp shit

Get Sinh down to 200 health, he turns around and uses his tail for the first time in the 15 attempts that I fought him on. I die since I did not know how to dodge an attack I have never seen before.
It's fine though since I beat him on the next attempt and dodged his tail attack this time.

How do I enjoy this game's PvP after having seen the glory of For Honor PvP?

Understand that souls pvp is not the main point of souls, and as a result is built more for hilarity over the course of a normal playthrough, instead of competitive action.

The proper way to do souls PvP is a clusterfuck, roleplay, dickbag invasions, or jolly co-op. It's not about winning, it's about making people laugh, or in some cases, cry.

Don't invade to kill hosts, invade to make hosts want to kill themselves.

addendum: all those things are something For Honor will never have, because it's a dedicated pvp game that people try to take too seriously.

cool, this should be in the pastebin

My brother is going to start playing DaS2 and I want to coop with him. Soul memory won't allow him to summon my high level char so I'm thinking of starting a new one to coop with him. Is a str/faith build a good idea to help him beat shit? I've only ever played dex, sorc and pyro so I'm thinking of trying that out.

>want to see how many shrapnel are created by the splintering bolt
>check the wiki, doesn't say how many but it does say that they are sold by greirat after lothric castle
>think this is bullshit, greirat always dies there
>fire up ce, run the "access all shop inventory" script
>pic related
Is there a way to save him, then? Or was it planned to be a way but they never implemented it?

That should be fine, get a drakekeepers great hammer, or a large/giant club, or heide greatlance. Make sure to infuse the weapon of your choice when you get it, lightning works wonders on a strict/faith hybrid and will carry you through ng just fine.

> Is a str/faith build a good idea to help him beat shit?

Yes, holy fuck yes it is.

Healing miracles do not scale with faith in DS2, so basic healing is very strong and you don't need high faith to heal all the way to full.

Also it allows him to use dark or pyro or socerity since any enemies that resist those are going to be weak to lightning.

If you carry a strike weapon and heal him often, you'll be able to solo any bosses he can't beat on his own.

You can use the name engraved ring also to keep within summoning range.

they're added after you give his ashes to the handmaiden. He still dies, but his ashes contain the new items he gets at lothric.

Thing is, that's Greirat's inventory. You can see him at the bottom

If I remember right, in cut content there was another part of Anri's quest to save greirat that was removed from the game.

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gaoho/lets_save_the_thief_sure_to_contain_spoilers/

I see, thanks. Should I be aiming to get the high faith requirement spells like great lightning spear or focus mostly on utility miracles and rely on physical/lightning weapons?

>that start
Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with redditors? I often think that reddit is unfairly considered trash and then I see stuff like that. Couldn't you just post the vid?

scaling is strongest between 30 and 40, so if you go above 20 you should go all the way to 40. Since you can infuse any weapon with lightning also, 40 faith is more important than 40 strength.

Once you hit 40 faith, that's good enough. Scaling is not very high after that (with a cap at 50) but you can spice down any high-faith requirement spell to equip it instead.

Rundown of the spells over 40 faith:
>Great lightning spear is always worth it. Either go to 45 or 50 faith, or spice it down by 2.
>Blinding bolt is worth it if you have 50 faith and spice it down. At 40 faith it costs too much spice.
>Soothing sunlight is possibly better for co-op, but in general not as good as great heal because it takes up 2 slots and heals less. It's only advantage is the wide range that it heals, letting you heal groups.
>splintering lightning spear is generally weak compared to sunlight spear, it's more of a pvp spell because of the large aoe and likelihood of hitting.
>sunlight spear is worth it, but harder to get and requires spicing down. You can also only get one copy, unlike great lightning spear, so it's worth having both.

So 40 faith will usually spice down great lightning spear (2) and either splintering (10) or sunlight spear (15), and ignore soothing sunlight, and blinding bolt.

At 50 faith, people will spice down soothing sunlight (2) sunlight spear (5) and blinding bolt (15)

Why do people consider shields to be in such low regard?

Do they think 2 handing and roll spamming to be the only real way to play?

How's this build? mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/228450

Also, help me choose some cool armor with enough poise.

it's part of the "don't get hit" mentality. Shields are a "Crutch" because they are inferior to rolling, and just add weight.

In DS1 they were pointless because people would throw dung pies or backstab you.

In DS2 and 3 they can shieldbreak and riposte you, plus elemental chip damage is fairly significant.

Two handing also offers a lot of poise/trade advantages, so if you ARE going to be standing still, might as well trade damage instead of just losing stamina.

Shields have their niche purpose (in DS3, they come up faster than recovery frames for rolls, so you can use them to avoid being rollcaught, for example, and they are good parry tools) but 2Hing is still better in most cases.

Thanks, this is great help. I'll probably aim for 40 early on then might go to 50 as we approach endgame.

I'm still of the opinion that keeping a shield on your back should provide blocking against backstabs.

A good half of my invasions early game or against inexperienced players end with me using stance to break an opponent's guard for a riposte.
Shields are fine if you're not stupid though, but I can't remember the last time I used one for blocking.

Meanwhile what is considered to be the best build for duels atm is a shield turtle

They're a pretty effective counter against R1 spam or spear turtles, since they avoid the chip damage caused by getting hit by the 4th/5th R1 in a row as you roll away. Otherwise, yeah, shields aren't for blocking they're for parrying.

it's because shields give you the buffer zone to play hyper defensively since you won't be chipped by R1 spam (see: ). Which is ideal for duels where no estus is involved (or opponents have equal estus) and playing passively is better than aggressive.

Rolling itself is an incredibly unrealistic way of dodging all that shit the DS protagonists deal with, so I don't see why From would make it more realistic by making a shield block backstabs.

Are Faith build in DS3 really that bad? No fun at all before NG+?

Can I do Ringed City before Ashes of Ariandel or is there a specific order? I know that if you do the latter before the former, the fire rises but will I lose out on anything by doing Ringed City first?

More hp, 9 less stamina, little less damage and enough poise to trade with greathammers.

The reason people say DaS2's pvp was the best is actually because it's fucking easy as hell. Prove me wrong.

Because it makes sense from a game-design perspective. It allows players to sacrifice weight and speed/defense in exchange for protecting themselves from one of the most often abused mechanics, at the cost of exposing themselves to attacks from the front.

As it stands, if you want to adapt to an enemy where you don't intend on blocking from the front, you either hardswap your shield out or you have dead weight.

>easy as hell
that's dark souls 3 pvp, because it's just dark souls 2 pvp without all the tech

Just use miracles for support/healing and you have plenty of material in NG.

I'm currently doing a coop run with a str/fth build. Works amazingly.
Invest everything in those two stats, only get as much of the rest as you absolutely need. You won't die anyway.
I use great heal, great lighting and another damage spell of choice.
Still running the starting mace too. Good weapon, tiny range though. Get a lightning infusion.

No good offensive miracle before NG+?

poisecasting lightning stake for 1000 damage per hit was the most fun I ever had in DS3. Faith builds are awesome, you just have to actually build for them instead of just throwing lightning spears all the time. The only downside is that it might be too powerful in pve because you're basically invincible with all the health regen and melee damage output offered by the various buffs, passive healing, and weapons like dragonslayer axe and LKGS.

People say it's the best because you have the most control over what your opponent does. You can reliably punish people or force them to run out of stamina for extra hits, and it was consistent. That made it feel more rewarding than DS1 where it was about abusing lag and backstabs, or DS3 where you were waiting for the opponent to fuck up, because attacking first was never an option. That also means that DS2 has a comparably high skillcap for even basic actions, since prediction was more important than reaction time.

All souls pvp is trash though.

What's best to level up first? Str/Dex or Vig/End?

Lightning stake and great lightning spear are both excellent nukes. But to get full damage you have to hit with them point-blank in a "perfect" hit

How do I counter people spamming the Farron Greatsword L1 anime spin?

>they still believe that poise exist
Uhhh bad news

Outrange it if your weapon is long, or get in their face if it isn't. The L1 is worthless if you get in their face because they'll just jump right past you. If you outspace it and chip away, don't swing twice because it has tons of hyper armor during the recovery.

In DS3? Vigor, always.

Raw infusion is actually really good, so leveling str/dex doesn't help until you've got ~15-18 str/dex, and even higher if you don't have sharp/heavy infusions unlocked.

>unfaltering prayer lightning stake/spear
>trade using other UGS/GH
>perseverance
>outspace
>parry

Roll to the left, poke them with your roll attack. The hitbox is actually a lot smaller (thanks to nerfs) than it appears.

Yes, in DS3 I meant. So, for a refined infusion, when should I start levelling str and dex?

*teleports behind you*

*teleports behind u*
*lags back into original location*
*animation cancels slow attack into fast attack*

are dragons weak to lightning or something, everything dragonslayer has innate lightning properties

Gwyn killed them with lightnings, so yes.

They're supposedly all weak to lightning, but there are reports of dragons resisting it. What I don't get is why the dragonslayer gshield has great lightning instead of great fire defense

The Iron Dragonslayer set is the best Slutwear in DaS3, It gives your females wide hips, a relatively trim waist, a great ass, an armored corset, and gives great protection.

Prove me wrong.

Refined is generally weaker for weapons that can be infused because it splits the scaling between two stats.

If you want to level both str/dex, try to aim for 27/40 and use boss weapons or twinkling weapons, which can't be infused, or aim for regular weapons and infuse sharp.

For a (typical) weapon with C/D scaling:
>Raw: Best from 10-15 levels invested in str/dex (17/18)
>Normal: Best from 15-25 levels invested in str/dex (20/20)
>Sharp/Heavy: Best from 20-70 levels invested in str/dex (66+/xx or xx/80)
>Refined: Best from 70+ levels invested in str/dex (66+/40+)

with xx being the base requirements

Typical builds are:
27/16 = heavy
40/16 = heavy
16/40 = sharp
66/16 = heavy
27/40 = sharp 2H
40/40 = sharp 1H or refined 2H, with greatshield
16/80 = sharp
66/40 = refined
66/80 = refined

16 is used as str minimum for astora GS. 18 is also possible for shield of want, Black knight shield, lothric knight shield and washing pole
16 is used as dex minimum for splitleaf GS and dark sword

At least we still have hyperarmor.

>There are people who unironically like sweetspot mechanics
I had to play DaS1 to know what non-shitty Great Scythes were like

Does anyone have a ng+ checklist for DaS 3?

By your description, it's not slutwear, it's great battlemaiden gear. Slutwear would sacrifice protection for slutiness, like an exposed midriff

>tfw played Dark Souls 3 for 8 hours nonstop yesterday

This game is so fun. I'm making it my goal to not summon anyone for boss fights because I want to beat the bosses myself.

What's a good weapon to use with a weapon skill shield? Currently using a longsword because the moveset is nice.

Prove you right by showing me a pic.

Whips, default Rapier, any longsword with Stance, any axe with the warcry WA, maybe something with Perseverance but you twohand most of those anyway.

Sweetspots are a test of skill. If you can space right, you get much better results, but if you can't they will be underwhelming. Of course, the lag means that this process isn't that intuitive and you have to accommodate for the lag as well

Dks 3 did sweet spots mostly right. The game shouldn't punish you for not having the exact proper distance in game where both you and target are constantly moving. Dks 2 scythes had shit damage, and if you missed the sweet spot you had utter garbage damage. In dks 3, scythes have alright damage and if you land the sweet spot, you get slightly better damage.

I do unironically like sweet spot mechanics, even in darksouls.
No, I'm not good enough to use them consistently.
No, they don't do enough damage to justify making the rest of the weapon suck.
GODDAMN, the great scythe a real treat in DS1.
But I don't think they're bad.

Playing with a halberd in DS2 was more irritating than challenging.

I agree. I just wish they dealt more damage when you landed them in the dark souls games.

>pic unrelated

It depends on what you are going to fight
Stance is good to guard break and quickstep is nice for backstabs

>I'm making it my goal to not summon anyone for boss fights because I want to beat the bosses myself.
good boy
>What's a good weapon to use with a weapon skill shield?
Any weapon with a useful wa that is better used 1 handed. SS, katanas with hold, red hilted come to mind

Battle-maidens are the best sluts, though. Any two-cent skank can ride a dick, but only the best can shatter your pelvis to make sure you remember them, then go off to fight your battles afterwards. Though I'm speaking from clear bias of my love of muscle girls, armored women, and potential death from Snu Snu, I'll admit.

An attempt was made, crashing my game in the proccess as I try to find a resolution that wasn't complete ass and failed.

Anyways the red dots show the waist of the armor at it's thinnest point, which is about mid-torso where it "connects" to the upper part covering the rest of the chest. The orangeish dots show the widest parts of the hips, which look much better when walking and thus not cursed by the neutral pose From seems to enjoy using. Considering most heavy armor makes you look like a fatass or barrel-chested, this armor having this much of a hip-to-waist ratio is pleasant on the eyes once you notice it. I mean I can't really make webms on this toaster but if I could I would make a bit of a walk loop to better show it.

Can't go wrong with Black Knight Sword.

>What's a good weapon to use with a weapon skill shield?

Anything with Stance, Hold, or Stomp. Wolf Knight GS an Black Knight GS also, since their WAs work good with their 1H movesets.

Redpill me on the SL90 meta

That's the point. Common whores need the slutwear to even attempt to be sexy. Battlemaidens don't, their sexiness is spontaneous.

it's a meme

Yeah fair enough.

Armor actually matters because you see a lot less 60 str "builds" with 500+ AR on every weapon, casters actually have to sacrifice some stats if they want good damage, Tears is mostly reserved for actual faith builds instead of being required on every build.

What's the best default face in DS3? Carim Novice is perfect for a tough square jawed character.

I've finally started my hyper mode wizard in DS3 and found I'm missing my sage ring+2.
Anyone on PC can drop me one, please?

>uninfused longsword does more damage than VH
>while being longer, having basically the same wa (functionally) and not in risk of being guardbroken with every attack
Should I just use a broasword+stone parma?

>on PC
>not having collector's edition

yeah but does it have style

What's the most fun/interesting way to play each game?

I've beaten them all, but I've found that I've pretty much always played the same build in every game. I always make a melee fighter that uses high stability, 100% shields (greatshields most of the time), along with a bow and eventually venturing into a school of magic towards the end of the game. So I thought it would be interesting to go back through the series and play outside of my comfort zone.

I've been thinking I want to do a fist weapons-only character, a pure spellcaster, and I want to actually use the MLGS in whichever game it's the most fun in, but I'm all for playing some weird builds that make me completely rethink how to play the game. Mainly I just want to avoid falling back into the habit of hiding behind a shield and playing so passively.

True. But considering I want it for a GS cosplay, style over functionality is probably not something I should favour

>Literally has a Bloodborne dodge
Rly makes u think

You mean a sidestep? Was bloodborne your first game or something?

Let's not pretend DS3 isn't leftovers from Bloodborne, user.

>Also, help me choose some cool armor with enough poise.
Poise is set to zero in ds3. No matter what armour you wear poise doesnt exist. Hyper armour is a troll.

No, it has a bunch of shit directly from bb. Don't change the subject. What makes you think bb introduced sidesteps?

DS1: use the master key and avoid all bosses until you gather enough OP equipment, then do a bush rush killing them all with a hypermode one-shot build

DS2: gaming the shit out of SM by using bonfire ascetics and opening shrine of winter super early and the tseldora set. abuse early game resonant weapon, leo ring, and grand lance to kill bosses in 2-3 hits

DS3: do a full faith build with large amounts of passive regen and buffed raw sellsword twinblades for massive DPS, eventually trading up to lightning infused LKGS.

>ds3 didint offer anything new to the series
>ds3 removed poise
hence the worst ds game out there. /thread

looks like poisefag finally woke up and found the new thread

at least put a trip on so we can filter your shitposts

everyone please ignore this this idiot and don't feed the trolls

is it possible to be a gravelord in 2017?

I'm not the Lycan poster. And it's rather curious you're telling me not to change the subject when Lycan poster made no mention of BB introducing sidesteps.

Does Demon's Souls have an active enough PvP to have an SL meta or can you pretty much level to whatever you want without really missing out on much?

>wants big boys poise
>too scared to use a big boy weapon
>calls sidestepping a "Bloodborne dodge"
>no mention of BB introducing sidesteps.

stop making me post this webm
poise is working as intended, or else I wouldn't have been able to achieve such a scenario

No, in 2017 you have to be a Graveperson or you'll offend someone.