BMW E30

ITT Gimme a better car in the same price range (protip: you can't)

Miata
>lighter
>more reliable
>easier to work on
>cheaper to maintain
>bigger aftermarket
>easier to pick up dudes in

E36
>cheaper because not collector-tier(never will be)
>easier to find
>less rust
big problem is that it is a negromobile

>lighter
>cheaper parts
>easier to work on
>way better at sliding into walls

E24
>most of the same things that made E30 great
>comfier
>no cool kid tax
>chain instead of belt
>more power
>looks better

Are you retarded? They cost way more

E28
>everything that is good about the e24
>4 doors
>cheaper than e30s and e24s

Only right answer
E36 is the cheap rwd car the e30 was about 5 years ago

Size compromises safety and practicality for a daily, still it's my second choice after
And it's not a negromobile dipshit
E30 is good but hard to find in good condition and requires much more upkeep. E36 you just fix the fucky cooling system and you're good to go (unless you care about little interior things slowly chipping away)

This basically. I'm in the market for an M myself. I tossed around the idea of a swapped E30, then the possibility of keeping a 100% stock E46, and in the end I realized an E36 will be the best option after all.

Greatest car ever made

The price range is too damn high. E30s have drift tax now.

E24, E28, E34 are now better, cheaper options

Instead of an E36 why not get an E34

>looks cooler
>more beefy engine
>more room inside to work

Parts availability, 2dr option, more options for forced induction.

The sheer amount of information regarding repairs and upgrades for the E36 is hard to beat. E34s are cool, but the E36 being more popular helps a lot as an owner.

Just out of curiosity, why not an E46? Is it a meme that they're much harder to wrench on and have more expensive parts than E36s?

Asking because I really want an E36 but it's much easier to find clean E46s.

E34 come with better engine choices for FI, e36 has just onegood engine for forced induction it's the non vanos 2.5 iron block, and e34 525i came with that engine too.

I thinks it's due to the fact that E46 m3s are pretty damn expensive to own and maintain. Non Ms are a little better, but why get a non M E46 when you can get an E36 M3 for less?

I'll admit that my knowledge of FI BMWs is pretty limited to 3 series. I agree the m50 is better for boost, but what about the s52 vs the s38?

I personally don't see much reason in looking at the most affordable generation of BMWs unless it's to take advantage of affordable M cars.

Post your E30's bros.

Where the hell can you get an E36 M3 for less than a non M E46?

300zx
>Looks better
>Is better
>Isn't faggot tier

For the price of a 300zx i can buy 3 faggot tier e30's

Upon closer inspection, they are close in price here in SoCal, but I still think the M is a better option.

330i ZHPs (similar performance numbers to E36 M) go for about $8-10k in my area and E36 Ms go for about $6-8k for decent stock ones. Rare colors, and pristine low mileage Ms usually go for under $13k

E30 what that's the question. If you are getting anything with the i6 you are getting same price as an na 300zx

jesus did you take this pic sitting in a ditch?
>also dat 4chin filename

E46 M3 and 300ZX are pretty close in price in my country, but non-M i6 are significantly cheaper, about 1/3 of the price.

Where i live these cars cost about the same as pic with the same kilometers, 5-10k.

which is better?

>One of the best V8 engines ever made vs shitty little I4 or maybe weak as piss I6
>Decent looking vs square shitbox that your girl will be embarrassed to ride in with you
>Comfy to cruise in, good suspension vs old and beat
>which is better?
Fuck man, I dunno hey.

I know right?
is a hard choice.

> it's not a negromobile dipshit
The quintessential negromobile, gypsymobile, arabmobile, chavmobile. E30's are safe from this and therefore the superior choice.
t. not him

It does have disadvantages tho'.
The steering box is pretty slow and vague compared to the E30/E36 steering rack, as well as much more difficult to upgrade.

That being said, they have a bunch more space, are surprisingly light and parts from a bunch of other BMWs fit on it (E34, E32, E23, E24, E36)

Also it looks miles better than the E30, which is one of the reasons I went with an E28 instead of an E30 as a shell for my M50B25.

3k Civic
>3k
>Civic

>318i
>5-10k
Dreaming cunt.

Looks so good desu senpai.

I have never seen a black guy in a bmw. They love old Mercs tho.

>decent looking
LMAO

E32 750
>V12
>Slightly cheaper because it isn't a collectors item yet
>Not as desirable as the E30 so better availability
>2 M20B25 engines sharing a crank so twice the reliability of a single M20

>caring about car social stigmas
Retard. Also my norrities don't drive bimmers

E36

Mercedes-Benz 190E.

Literally the only reason that the E30 exists is because of the 190E. Engine choices are meh but some great engines drop in with minimal effort. Everybody paying mad E30 tax when there's a better option that is also FR, manual, and easy to DIY. 2 years now with mine, planning to drop in an M111 from a 230 Kompressor for an easy 200bhp and 200 ft-lbs. And out of a light little 4-banger too. That will beat the average E30.

Personally never liked the W124 chassis myself, it was archaic back when it was "new" and was heavier/bigger than the E30

>Easier to pick up dudes in

Debatable, BMW is a fag magnet...

subaru brz for $13k

The main issue with the W201 and old mercs in general is fewer choices for strong manual transmissions and LSDs, at least around here. Might be different elsewhere.

That's a W201 chassis. And besides, the W124 and W201 are by no means "archaic". They were way ahead of the technological curve back then. The E30 was simple by comparison. I mean, engines, suspension especially etc. It's just that BMW made simple cars behave really really well. I mean, heck, the E34 shares most of it's suspension with the E28. Which was based largely on the E12. Which started production in fucking 1972.

BMW just makes shit really really well, despite being simple. Well..used to make...

You could use the excuse of "If it's not broken, don't fix it"

Didn't say BMW's of the time weren't just as ancient as the Mercs, see the first ever 7 series for example with their CARBED straight 6 engines while everyone else was rocking fuel injection and who the fuck wants manual in a luxury car?

Benz also recycled a lot of shit on the 124 from 123 and earlier, like the terrible rear suspension bits.

This is not the W124 chassis this is the W201 chassis.

>190-class (not called C-class yet) = W201 (compete with 3 series)

E class = W124 (compete with 5 series)

S-class = W126 (compete with 7 series)

DEY ARR ROOK DA SAME, S class aside with its almost vertical face and because it is a lot longer than your typical Benz.
I do admit that I do not know my mercs that well as I never cared for them that much aside for that one W123 300D I had years ago.

you need some h&r's my dude

AFAIK the W123 is semi-trailing rear arms, a la E28, the W201 and W124 are multi link.

And yeah, not just the 7 series got carbs way later then they should, the E28 had a 1.8l carbed 4pot in it's ultimate poverty spec.

Agreed but now that I'm gonna be engine-swapping there's no point in messing with suspension till later on.

Haha yeah that was Sacco's vision. To have a shared design language across models. These days that's the norm

E30 is just a better, lighter chassis with better engine options and more aftermarket.
BMW's are more popular for a reason.

Yeah, BMW while making fun to drive cars, never really shone technologically until the E32 stepped into the game.
The 2 litre M20B20 engine for example was ill-equipped for the E34 for example, that 130hp barely made the car move, sipped gas like hell despite being EFI and had TIMING FUCKING BELTS of all the things. You needed at east a 2.5 litre one to really get the most out of your E34 back then, until the M50 stepped in.

While I can kinda understand the point, BMW did the same with the E30, 34 and 32 looking quite similar and the E34 being developed alongside the E32 7 series, I still don't really like the design of 80's and 90's mercs. They look dated and not in a good way. BMW was on top of their design game back then, the E34 while old looking, still looks fresh as fuck for example, not to mention the E39 which still manages to strike a modern appearance despite being like 20 years old.

if you swap in a heavier engine you need to upgrade your suspension lol. what are you planning on swapping in?

>E32 750
these are a pain in the ass unless you learn how to work on them yourself
>the M70 has two Motronic 1.7 ECUs (one for each cylinder bank). To provide redundancy, the M70 also has two fuel pumps, fuel rails, distributors, mass air flow sensors, crankshaft position sensors, coolant temperature sensors and throttle bodies.[7]

Vw w 12 phaeton

I know all this, all of it. THey really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Like with any German car, prepare twice the amount of money when you buy the car. Half of it goes to buy the car, other half to replace broken shit from the previous owner.
All that aside, the E32 is quite reliable to be honest and isn't all that hard to maintain either. Sure space is a bit of an issue as that V12 is stuffed tight in there, but nothing on that car isn't something you can yourself replace with a bit of effort.

thats a clean car, the e32 has timeless styling, you still look rich driving it

One a beach actually, and 4chanX creates new filenames for your uploads newfriend.

Are you memeing? The 190e 2.5-16 was barely any better than a 325i and for some reason is now trying to be priced near the E30 M3.

Source - owned all of them.

Holy shit I forgot those US bumpers were so terrible.

Well I was initially considering a 5-cyl diesel but may go with a similar weight albeit later model 4-cyl with a supercharger.

What is tupac

>more uncommon
>less aftermarket
>engine not as tunable
>heavier

It would be good except for the fact that the E30 surpassed it

>Better option
Literally how?
>Shitty engines
>Heavier
>Worse handling
>No aftermarket
>Ugly

And let's not forget that virtually every engine has been swapped into the E30

>Sure space is a bit of an issue as that V12

That V12 was horrid, its literally two M20s mated at the crank with Two Ecus. one for each bank.

a bowl of werther's originals

Tupac was killed near 22 years ago. Most people here were kinda young back then.

These are fucking great. We had two in family. My dad's 12v (so not the GTi) sedan had a fucking foam spoiler from the dealership. Stuff like that just doesn't exist anymore

>literally 2 M20s mated at the crank
Sounds awesome desu

I have the original hardtop for it too

>They were way ahead of the technological curve back then
Come on, you're not claiming Merc's worst of both worlds IRS was ahead of it's time are you?

e36 its super cheap but still I prefer e30 (same price range here in poland)

il post my e32 project 750. it was a pain to fix but the car is a classic

God machine here, boys.

Capri
>cool af
>Aftermarket is huge
>not look like an Idiot driving it