>Recent thread projects
Tempus Ex Machina Demo: mediafire.com/folder/z69y7undwpp9s/Tempus Ex Machina
/rpgmg/ Collab Project: mediafire.com/file/qtat9xy1p1215dh/CollabProj-3_5.rar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2orBsXp4HM
blog.rpgmakerweb.com/announcements/rpg-maker-activation-issues/
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/cant-re-activate-mv.72645/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Say something nice to girlsaurus for volunteering to work on the collab.

I think style wise, they fit pretty well - but the 2k sprites are more saturated than the chipset, which makes them stick out. I'd desaturate them just a tiny bit to get them to blend in better.

I am genuinely exited to see how the story will progress.

Golly geez, girlsaurus, that's real swell of you!

Tell me your planned story in up to six words.

Dragon kidnaps royalty. Unfuck the situation!

I have a weird bug on MV using the Yanfly's CTB system.

I want an enemy to use a buff right in the first turn and then use it after 4 turns so I set condition turn 1+3*X and rating 9.
The enemy doesn't ever use the buff and yes, enough MP to perform it and doesn't require TP, if I change the condition to Always it will be executed instead, but will not follow the planned turn condition of course.

I was thinking about using a switch instead.

Does RPGmaker Fes have a sizable userbase? Is there a forum dedicated to Fes users like other RPGmakers have?

>I was thinking about using a switch instead.
Works but any idea how to fix this?

Other enemies are using their first turn or turn-based skills normally instead

Bump!

>1+3*X
I'm unfamiliar with the plugin; what's X?

bump

Stop being so dead

The TowerDefense blogposting was nice and informative even if I'm not planning to make anything of that genre. The math planning in particular was a pretty helpful way to think about things. If we've got so much trouble staying alive, why not do a little more of that?

Are there any balance problems like that you're working on? What's the behind the scenes mechanics and math looking like for your game?

because i'm supposed to be working on the game itself. it is fun to stroke myself in public over formulas/math, though.

How does the engine determine the layering of sprites in the same layer?

Teenager. Discover necromancy. Get exiled. Survive!

wake up, go to the moon.

Girl has Lycanthropy, discovers her heritage.

For the starter meme, I'm a big fan of having base values for formulas.
>A * stat; meh
vs
>A * stat + B; nice

In particular, I use this as a multiplier for my stats by dividing the entire thing by the base value.
>(A * stat + B) / B; spicy

So the particular formula I use to calculate the range of my units is
>range = base_range * (DEX + 100 / 100)
This basically boils down to "the range of this unit will double in size when it hits max DEX".
For my damage formula, I have
>damage = base_damage * ((100 + 3 * STR) / 100)
or "the damage of this unit quadruples when it hits max STR".

The reason you'd use formulas with base values over, say
>range = base_range * (DEX / 50)
>damage = base_damage * (STR / 25)
is because increasing those stats at lower levels is dramatically different at lower levels than higher levels.
Think increasing STR from 5 to 10 vs increasing STR from 55 to 60.

>simple
The ordering inside of the children array. Things with a higher index are drawn ontop of things with a lower index.

>lunatic
For a more informative answer, Pixi.js has sprite "Containers", and that's the object that holds those sprites that you add to the scene.
So when you do this.addChild(someSprite), you're adding someSprite to the container that holds all of the other sprites, and it's added at the very end of the array. So it'll be drawn ontop of everything else.

If you want to insert things below another currently existing sprite, you'd use addChildAt(sprite, index).
To add player bullets to the scene while keeping them below enemy bullets, I'd keep track of the lowest enemy bullet index, then use addChildAt(newPlayerBullet, insertionIndex), then increment/decrement it as I added/removed sprites.

Of course, the non-retarded way to do this is to use Containers within Containers. In pic related, I have a STGLayer container, and you can see inside it there are all sorts of containers in there acting as layers. So you can see the STG_UI_Layer has the highest index, and it'll be drawn ontop of everything else, giving the desired results.

Where's my goddamn long-distance girlfriend?

>Cyan yurikago site still down

I've made some progress, remember how in chapter 1 the Earth Spirit told Arwin to love his friends more than he hates his enemies? Well he is a little upset at Dahl's betrayal and is hell bent on kicking his ass.

My head canon is that Dahl shot Yzarc, killing him, this makes his obfuscating magic go out of control exploding the dormant volcano. In the chaos Dahl snaches the macgiffin and the party hunt's him through a maze of caves that are on fire.
At some point Arwin is separated from the others and has to chose: help his friends or punch Dahl in the dick, he picks the later, apperantly leading to Colt and Orihs' deaths. Overcome with regret and rage, he has an epic 1v1 with Dahl.

Nothing's set in stone yet, been working on some maps and enemies. Any thoughts?
Dahl lives/dies? Party reunion this chapter? Is the prison arc scrapped?

Work on your game

Tell me about your game's minigames.

At some point you may have to defuse a bomb

As far as Druids go in RPGs, how often is it for them to use a staff in melee on top of nature magic without shape shifting? Will people be upset If I skip over the shape shifting?

>actually using yanfly scripts and plugins

don't tarnish my empress's good name by badmouthing yanfly with her.

Its mostly classic druids from like tabletop stuff that use staffs, normally via a spell like shillelagh.

People will get upset over literally any- and everything, so probably!

What WOULD upset me is if you hand me a character and tell me they can transform into a bear, and then never let them do it. So
just don't establish druids as shapeshifters in your setting and you'll be fine.

They aren't. More of a magic ranger really. They just kinda defend nature.

Shoot your final boss ideas, /rpgm/!

Mostly battle-wise, I have the character and the setting ready.

They'll spawn hundreds of minions periodically throughout the battle. :p

Oh please no, I still have XCX Chapter 9 nightmares

A few minions that revive automatically after some turn since being defeated should do the trick.

STATUS
ALIMENTS
Debuffs
Buffs
Mechanics.
Force the player to use everything they have.

I actually did that in a VX Ace project, wanted to have some *diversity* this time around.

Boss has both high attack and M. attack so you must keep skills like Protect and Shell always active on the whole party because it also has a few AoE attacks.
Nothing to do with her physical AoEs but the magical ones can be dodged by a certain skill that gives a huge boost to magical evasion.

HP is very high and defense is enough to wall your healer and make her deal 0 damage, so attack buffs must be on if you don't want a 2 hours battle.

Aliment Guard must be on to avoid a Stun combo that may party wipe otherwise and because she can inflict Silence, Skillseal and Paralysis.

Additionally she also has a telegraphed attack that hits 12 times spread randomly used once during the fight, an attack that prevents the target from acting completely during that turn and finally an attack that removes buffs from the target.

I went all-out, but this time around I wanted to have something more diverse and interesting, not necessarily hard as balls.

bump

What's wring with having the stairs cut into the platform?

Go for a gimmick boss then, something kind of like a boss with different stances. A mage stance with mp based shield or something that you need to burn through and once you do it goes Berserk with physical attacks until it's MP recharges via the physical skills.

Gimmicks are fun. Unless it's a poison room boss.

I am very fond of the final exam boss. Every mechanic you've used in the game up to this point either mashed together or in phases.

There is nothing wrong with having the stairs cut into the platform if the stairs actually ARE cutting into the platform. Neither of those images describe stairs cutting into a platform.

Your game somehow manages to be moderately successful for a RPG Maker Game. Say 10000 sales or so.

What kind of tie-in merchandise would you sell in your store?

bump

Omg this is ACTUALLY driving me insane. I have this bug that REFUSES to be fixed no matter what I do.

So I have a parallel process event that activated when the player enters a map. It sets up a picture that is going to be used for a fog effect via a common event. Then it erases itself.
The common event fires and sets up the fog, then activates another common event that turns on a switch and makes the fog move. If the switch is turned off somehow, the picture is erased, and I have it so that when the player leaves said map, a common event is fired that turns off the switch, thereby erasing the picture.
Now the problem is, no matter what I try, THE PICTURE JUST DECIDES TO ERASE ITSELF RANDOMLY after sometime and then the game crashes. Like seriously, it also seems to erase itself when I activate other events COMPLETELY unrelated to the fog in any way shape or form. I'm at my wits end here someone halp pls. Keep in mind, the common event that erase the picture can only activate if it's called and no other events other than the transfer ones that let the player leave the map call it. So I just don't know why this thing just does not want to work.

Here is how I set it all up.

>you will never be skilled enough to script an in-game level editor

bump

bump

>"What kind of tie-in merchandise would you sell in your store?"
>implying I have a store
I guess I could sell something crafty through etsy, I dunno

Onaholes

At a quick glance, the event with the conditional branches and loops doesn't even look like it's logically properly built.

What is it supposed to do again?

Try putting the FOG MOVE switch on in Fog Call and making Fog Move event a parallel process running if FOG MOVE is on. Delete everything inside except the Move Picture:s.

NewGuy here again from the last thread! I have come up with some concepts for the game I am planning to make in RMXP, but I am wondering if and how these things are possible. Can anyone let me know if I can make these game design elements work in XP?

1 - Action Battle System that works like in Zelda games, but your sword would also show as you walked around if you had it equipped
2 - Run-Speed increased when your weapon is unequipped
3 - Cloak that appears on character when equipped much like a sword, but also increases movement speed and doesnt interfere with previous scripts
4 - Dodge-based boss battles which would take place in the overworld, wherein the character would try to dodge attacks from the enemy boss in a bullet-hell fashion.

Is all or at least some of this possible in RMXP?
Thanks in advance for any answers, and any links to scripts or even typed out examples would be much appreciated!

Actually, why does Fog Call even exist? You can just put all that in the original event:
> Show Picture
> Switch: Fog Move = on
> Erase Event

Fog Move common event | Trigger: Parallel Process | Condition Switch: Fog Move
> Move Picture events

Action battle systems are... possible in rm, but it's not really built for it. The second half of 1 and 2 and 3 are all pretty simple, they just need the appropriate graphics and some if-then:s. 4 again isn't really something the engine is built for, but you MIGHT be able to pull off somehow.

Honestly, if your game isn't at least SOMETHING like a traditional turnbased jrpg and you aren't using rpg maker because you're already familiar with and good at handling it, you'd probably be better served looking for another engine that's more suited to your idea.

i didn't get my waifu in a trash mobile game after blowing money on it
project now cancelled, because i'm kms

RIP user

Don't die, user-kun!

New day, new Song of the Day:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2orBsXp4HM

So I just now got to purchasing and installing RMXP, but I cant seem to activate it. I am running windows 7.
I have tried disabling my firewall and antivirus but I just cant seem to activate my copy of RMXP. Does anyone know the solution?

That's pretty good.

Is there some sort of error?
Did you have a pirated version installed beforehand?

Tried it before, and just to make sure I tried it again just now and NOTHING. The picture just decides to erase itself when I interact with ANY OTHER event, even if they have nothing to do with the fog stuff. Ugh. Worst part is, I NEED to have the fog for atmosphere here and in other later parts of the game. What shit. I tried using fog scripts and none of them worked either. Idk what to do anymore.

No I have had no versions installed beforehand. I am merely trying to active the version I just purchased. I just get redirected to what looks like a failed website connection:

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

WAIT WTF, now I started a brand new save and it works perfectly fine. Geez, this better not be a 'some saves might get this bug and others don't' kind of thing. At least it seems fixed for now. God I hate this kind of shit.

>his druids don't wield the Moon

Oh come on I would think somebody on this forum would have encountered this issue before lol

My nigga.
I fucking hate Yanfly. I need ONE little thing from one of their plugins, so I gotta install their core plugin plus the one I actually need, and disable 90% of it. Every time.

MV game sizes are bloated enough already without including 50 unnecessary plugins.

0.3 milliseconds of googling "rmxp activation" got me:

blog.rpgmakerweb.com/announcements/rpg-maker-activation-issues/

Also, this is a slow general, with barely anyone on at a given time. No need to repeat yourself repeat yourself repeat yourself.

You're an AI. The world ends.

Any save you make is going to have active switches and such in it. So if you save, change things around, then load, that could easily confuse matters. But it shouldn't be an issue playing it from the beginning.

I have been googling for half an hour, I saw that page and re-installed as directed which still has left me with the same error :(

Sorry for being impatient but I was just really excited to get started, and it sucks to have bought something without the ability to immediately use it. I messaged their tech support with no response :/

Someone had something like this with MV.
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/cant-re-activate-mv.72645/
Seems like an Internet Explorer issue, maybe you need to update it or activate some options.

It doesn't tell you to reinstall. It tells you to install the new trial version and activate that instead.

meant for

I dont even have internet explorer installed, since I use chrome... hmm.. I wonder if installilng internet explorer would help.

Also
That is what I meant by re-install, I did exactly that

This ...and on top of that, it's like asking questions specifically about windows XP. Sure, there are a couple of nutters still using it (and even earlier things like 2k), but most everyone has moved on to mv or at least vxace at this point and probably don't remember everything about the previous versions.

KILL YOURSELF, NAMEFAG

Where the heck did you even buy this copy and why not from steam?

I dont have a lot of money for the more expensive versions, and this is the one I always loved as a kid. As for steam, I didnt want to worry about having to go through steam every single time I wanted to update the file system/database

The webpage could just be down. Just use the free trial for your free 30 days, then try the code again when it expires.

you probably missed it from earlier, but please end your own life at your earliest convenience.

It seems like you're in pain, user, but we're here to help! Here, show us on the doll where the namefag touched you.

Angry user kills the podcast and namefags
What will he do next?

Not make a game, that's for sure.

Prison Arc scrapped.

Hi all, NewName here! I have fixed the issue. After completely installing the latest version of Internet Explorer (felt dirty doing it), and disabling firewall and all security essentials for a moment, I have finally activated my version of RMXP! Thanks for your help and sorry again for getting impatient.

>completely installing the latest version of Internet Explorer (felt dirty doing it), and disabling firewall and all security essentials
So you mean to tell us that if you never post again, we'll know what happened, right?

everything is back online now, but this was the only foreseeable way to get the full version working

bump

the elbows and vag.

like you would fucking know. Do I associate my anger with my game, or do I make a new game for anger? Fuck you while you think it over bitch.

Prove me wrong, twinkbait.

What about...
>Phase 1: Boss starts in human form and divides its power in 4 spirits that attack, heal, debuff and inflict aliments while he focuses on inflicting damage. They have to be defeated before the boss because as long they are alive they will cast Barrier/Sphere on him.
>Phase 2: Still human, drops the spirits and goes into "final exam" mode. Gains a moveset that pushes your party to their limits.
>Phase 3: Transforms and will have fuckloads of HP along with 2 stances. One spams physical attacks and debuffs, one spams magical attacks and aliments. This is meant to be long and annoying but not as hard as phase 2.

What's a poison room boss?

Ok after this post Ill stop with the name thing

So in an attempt to simulate bullet hell games I have made events that can move in certain ways, and upon coming in contact with the character, they do damage. Now my problem is that I cant seem to get the game to end once my character reaches knock-out state. I just keep walking around and nothing seems to happen. Is there a way to make it so the game-over screen occurs once my entire party is knocked out, even if it happens in the overworld via events?

Why not just have a parallel process that checks HP and if it's

>What's a poison room boss?

Just from the name I would assume it's a boss fight with periodic unavoidable damage unrelated to the boss itself's attacks, like standing in a room full of poison.

Oh, that...
I was planning to have one, but not as final boss.