/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>7nth gen edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>Accord Spark Plugs DIY
youtu.be/OX1pvpOI6IY

> Emperor Akihito
youtube.com/watch?v=cvAMDv7jcfU

>F1 Fail
youtube.com/watch?v=8JDUKXi7ZbU

>FD2 R
youtu.be/LI7IUkBqibo

>Mugen FA5
youtu.be/UlfD34LJf0g

>V6 Fit
youtu.be/WV-7ppRt8Pw

>RWD Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=Kfqc41fWLOw

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=xnJi7J0i-Dc

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aAxE4899ZjA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=QQX44qJSuC0
ebay.com/itm/RARE-14-OEM-Honda-CRX-Si-Factory-Original-Wheels-Rims-set-of-FOUR-1988-1991/263402947737?hash=item3d540a0499:g:xwsAAOSwhMpZmwRq
youtube.com/watch?v=oTB46FJOF5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

Checking in

As much as I enjoy getting hektik in the snow, I wish the warmer weather would come again. I want to work on my car like finishing up my shocks and finally getting to work on the bumper.

>local Honda dealer didn't have the touch-up paint colour
>Acura dealer does
feelsgoodman

Thread came back with the swiftness, nice.

anyone got any good 5th gen prelude builds.

I got y'all nihgas

dank

Gotta meme this mundane yet slightly sporty vehicle as much as possible.

Hondas are stupid, stinky and smelly

Just pulled off the lot in this the other day, 2018 Civic Si. The color is either love or hate it, it looks best during sunset. Traded in my 2015 Civic Ex-l after I saw my dealership had the Si in this color. Started off with a 94 Prelude as my first car, biggest regret is not keeping it.

>Someone who sells a old Honda regrets it

Seems to be a common thing with a lot of people I meet who like mine. I love that color though. Met the Papa John's driver who has the base model coupe in that color. Real cool dude.

I'm liking the color, gets you lambo stares without all the money.

>tfw my shit didn't make it into the collage

What car? Did you post proof, year, model and picture(s)?

Yeah I posted the Integra and the NSX.

the "weeb who can't afford an ae86" starter pack

My bad user. I tripped as CollaheFa/hg/got for your pics. That's why i couldn't find them when i used Ctrl F

94 NSX

99 Integra

Again, sorry user, i dropped the ball on that one

Boyos! Happy new year, starting this one off with good car feels. Big blog incoming:

I have to update my collage picture, and I will do so in the next couple days, this one is too dark and forgot to turn off camera watermark after an update.

I got all of the body damage from the 2 separate hit and runs on my lude repaired. The more costly one thankfully was paid for entirely by the offenders insurance, his run failed.
The driver side fender had to be replaced and color matched. Came out way better than I was expecting, the new fender and the reshaped driver's side rear quarter panel have the best paint on the entire car and its really only noticeably different close up.

Also finally got new vtec solenoid gaskets so now it no long pisses oil all over my transmission.
>easily hit 90 in 3rd
I still shifted up before redline too. Made me realize I've had this prelude for a year and a month and I've never redlined it.
Noticed that it still had the god damn original fuel filter in so swapped that too.
Had a good 200+ drive in it today and it just felt wonderful, every shift felt smoother than ever before and it didn't smell like burning oil for once after a long drive!

I wish you all many good car feels in this year and all to come.

Loving the good car feels. Feels like at least a few of us are starting off good.

Cleans up pretty gud for a 21 year old shitbox

>ywn sip morning coffee in your NSX

Also saw a new Honda Clarity, but it wasn't nearly as cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=aAxE4899ZjA&feature=youtu.be

You spotted a new NSX?
>tfw live in state with a population of less than 2 million so seeing anything like that is virtually impossible
my erection would've lasted till i got home...

I'm a Calicuck, so I see all kinds of cool rides in the greater los angeles area.

Guys, I need help. I just found out my car is cursed, thus the hit and my computer shitting itself.

How do I exercise it? Is there a JDM priest that can save me? Will a repaint solve my woes?

mind telling me what music you used in the Video?

BIRD

It's Shissou form Initial D extra stage, just seemed appropriate.

>Nihga Shingu hit a bird and called it a dumbass
>Civic Hatch has been breaking and sliding off roads
It's a curse.

youtube.com/watch?v=QQX44qJSuC0

>not knowing of the Y49 Barbados Yellow curse

Pray to Vtec

tried but I accidentally made a shrine to the gods Hokiebird and Cho, how fucked am I?

I waited for an empty stop sign and missed it. Fug

Damn that would've been a nice get, I noticed Takumi's license number in my odo while getting subway today.

10/10 get fugged

Kek I had to look that up.

>My odometer last January was 282k

Wew

Fellow winter nihgas, how do you keep the rust away? I've rustproofed my car and I try to blast it with the pressure washer every so often, but the second I take it for a drive it's already coated in a new layer of salt.

I spray the underside with used motoroil...

Works wonders,probably not legal.

sup ontariofag
youre pretty much doing everything that you can, just learn to remove rust as it appears i guess

Dip a dirty towel in oil, wring it out- wipe as much stuff you can underneath your car.
Going to a carwash with under spray helps apply oil underneath after as i mentioned.
Spraying underneath with bed liner or Rustoleum helps
I recommend splash guards and hood deflectors or hood bras too

That's more or less what Krown does, I think. When I got my car back it was all over the fenders and doors.
Thanks, fellow onterrible nihga.

hey guys bought my first car did i do good

yes

Can you take the Oil Pump off of a '97 Prelude without pulling the engine? The service manual makes it seem like you can, but I figured I'd ask here too.

another gen 2 buddy yaaay

do you know how to change the windshield wiper stalk. prev owner broke it off with tard strength

Not a honda guy, but isn't there a subframe in the way?

If you can get the oil pan off, there's a good chance, I would think. On my car you have to either drop the front subframe or undo the motor mounts and jack the engine up to get the oil pan off.

nah, only time i touched them was to repaint the faded af wiper arms

need that and 5th gear and its in perfect stock condition

In my fifth gen Civic I know the stalks are accessible after the steering wheel is pulled off. Never done it myself but I took a look at it. Shouldn't be too complicated.

Sure are a lot of second gens lately. I thought they were nearly extinct.

only problem mine has ever had is the starter motor needing to be recon'd a bit early, solid otherwise

>still waiting on either alternator or starter to go out since I bought the car
>it's been over two and a half years

What the fuck are these things made of to withstand my billions of startups a month?

no idea but i fucking love it, mines only done 81k miles so it has shit tons of life left

The nice thing is that the starters in these cars are far easier to access than any other car I've seen. It's just out in the open ready to be pulled out in like a minute or two.

I wouldn't even be mad if it needed a rebuild. I was pissed when I had to fix the ones in my MkIV Jetta and E100 Corolla.

that honda sunstrip looks pretty good, i might look for one after i tint

I kinda dig the Honda Primo sunstrips myself.

tire lettering and weather shields give me the big cume, i gotta draw the line at moonroof tho

^^

Yeah those are kinda odd looking. I prefer to not have moonroof anyway. I did have window visors but ended up pulling them off. Mainly needed them to let cool air in during rain when I didn't have AC yet.

Back again. Here is a b and a of my bay.

im a sucker for listening to the rain when driving but im struggling to find any that fit 2g properly

I'd love some OEM ones but old Honda accessories are like gold and worth too much to buy. Mine had to be 3M taped on and it ended up looking kinda tacky. Not to mention it would peel off in places and let water in.

That's nice as hell. Mine could use a bit of cleaning and a nice valve cover. Nothing too fancy though for a stock engine daily mile eater.

Maybe weather tech make some in channel ones?

Oh yeah, they do. Might pick some up in the future but I kinda stopped using them when I got the AC working finally. Maybe when I run out of other shit I want.

I could use their floor mats in the future, though.

Thank you. Its a pain to keep clean but I'm happy with the outcome. Much easer to do a nice bay when you pull the engine and just start fresh.
You could just clean up the vc, maybe tuck a few wires and hoses..? That will always be a nice simple upgrade.

I had mine kind of clean for a very short time but then got leaks in the valve cover and the dizzy o ring so it got nasty again. Need to hit up the car wash again and spray it down. I'd like to clean up the harness but I might end up shell swapping the car one day so that would be the best time to clean up the harness. These old plugs like to fall apart on me.

Anyone know a good place online for OEM rims? I'm trying to get the stock Si rims for my CRX, but I can't find a set of 4 online for sale for the 90-91 teardrops.

ebay.com/itm/RARE-14-OEM-Honda-CRX-Si-Factory-Original-Wheels-Rims-set-of-FOUR-1988-1991/263402947737?hash=item3d540a0499:g:xwsAAOSwhMpZmwRq

These? It's an auction ending in four hours, though.

that's the one, though this guy is pushing it on price without the center caps. Thanks.

How much power?

>throw out bearing getting noisy

Welp might as well do the whole clutch. Maybe.

>got a flat tire

Welp might as well get new wheels. Maybe.

Alright /hg/ how do I drive in the snow?

its old as hell and all cracked i have to get a new one

Kek

Idunno if I'm pulling out the trans I'll check the clutch and see how much life it has. It still feels like new though. Put it in November 2016.

youtube.com/watch?v=oTB46FJOF5w

MPG check with a shitty image
30mpg here

Drive slower than usual. Turn slower, brake earlier, try to accelerate slower to minimize wheel slippage.

Feels like the average is getting higher.

Thanks user.

Set a goal of 250whp . Ended up with 268whp and 225tq.
Thing rips.

>those gloves

Are you the user that was rubbing dry dirt of his CRX?

>leaks oil in your path

It doesn't leak it burns

>Tfw topped mine off today

It's a very slow burn.

where do you gets get interior lighting, as in replacing the oem bulbs with LEDs. Tired of the ebay trash

Superbrightleds.com

Just input your car and what bulb you want and it'll give you the right ones.

>Asian man has very nice house in gated community
>Owns a CG

Based

okay perfect since that's what I was about to use.

>tfw used to be really into the white led look but now want that delicious nostalgic amber glow

I'm not sure what I want anymore. I gotta adjust the bulbs in my gauge cluster. The contacts in the cluster are kinda loose and keep losing contact with the bulb.

Also my climate control doesn't even light up. I hope the bulbs are just blown.

I got a cheap ebay kit and now the bulbs for my license plate and the cluster ones are randomly blinking and its super ugly.

>tfw gotta do the input seal and I'm buying leds instead

one and the same

i had no clue it was a no bueno thing to do.

get that sticker off you are cursing yourself by having it

You might be right. I really like it though. Kek