>wanna ride so bad
>it's 2F and snowing here
I wanna go home and ride so bad.

It's 20 fucking degrees in Georgia right now, not too bad though

browsing Fleabay ATM for deals on summer gear

is that seat even comfy for long rides?

its -10 here u babby

Soon, SOON. In Feb :^)

Went from Moab to San Fran (1000mi) in one day on it. Was acceptable. Stock seat is too hard but this is much wider than the seat on my DRZ was which is nice.

Did the one guy who had his DRZ stolen ever get it put back together again? I remember him saying he was going to do a complete teardown after he got it back from the cops.

nah he bought

>has been at least -25C for the past week
>too much snow to even get my bike out of my driveway
Time for ice screws and lake riding i guess

I'm gonna sell my Concours 14 and buy a KTM 690 Enduro R. I miss dual sport soooo bad. Hopefully I can buy one cash by spring.

That's me, and that's my DRZ. This is 3 months after it got stolen, somewhere in Oakland.

This is last month: Got everything to build the motor, bent a piston ring and need to get another one still.

2/3

Get a 701 if you're buying new, the new engine is DOPE.

What are you gonna do with that 12 bar btw? If you're not gonna use that, I'd love to grab that from you

what's the service interval on the 701? the lc4 is 6200 miles IIRC.

3/3

I had all the parts laid out but needed space to work on my 701 so threw them all in one box, gunna be fun going through that for the next year :/

I'm try it out at least once after I get the bike back together. Prolly gunna use it for practicing stunts and dirt biking, generally ruining it.

Shame, I'd really love to have that if you ever decide to take it off, would buy it off yah for sure.

It's the exact same bike as the 690, same intervals, but the 2017 model has the new head from the 2016 Duke which removes those roller rockers that used to be an issue and adds a second balance shaft making to motor as smooth/smoother than a twin and adding a few HP. I've got about 12k miles on my 2017 Supermoto no issues.

You in Cali?

Sure am, bounce back an forth between LA/SD areas.

Had an idea for a race series. Whatchu think?

500cc four stroke naked bikes on road circuits through the -_second biggest_ city in six states.
Washington, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Colorado, Oregon.
Allow suspension, position, delivery module, and brake modifications. Showcase the engines.
Start by approaching local officials with TT numbers from around the world. Get them to market to local populace.
At each location, partner with local dealerships to put production bikes side by side with racers. They, and cycle gear, are the basic units for bike community congregation.
Hold a parallel tour ride, following the races throughout.

It's really easy to get Motorcycle sponsors for nearly anything. Each of these states is chosen for tourism thirst, in conjunction with a healthy riding community. Moreso, approaching "little brother" cities takes advantage of their inferiority complexes to take a chance like this.

The basic idea is to stimulate the production of "starter bikes" by making them cool again. Using recognizable production bikes sells them directly. Using the TT format forces non-riders to pay attention.

At the moment, Honda is the only manufacturer that sells 500's in the US. This is a dual advantage, because they are known for taking risks and have a deep enough lineup to benefit from sponsoring both the race and the tour.

oh nice. what did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to get all my stuff straight before I make the 300 mile trek to the closest husky dealer.

you ever fix that radiator tab?

>racers get free umbrela ladyboi

nice

Cool shit senpai. I cant wait to ride around utah sometime.

Starter bikes have never been cool, pls kys

Dumbest shit I've seen in my life.

Well, no shit. They're not cool to us, but for regular people?
The idea is to have a theme the industry can grow with. We need more riders. There isn't a racing series for bikes people want to ride, not LARP with.
Put the two together, and an idea like this can grow to cover every class possible.
I'd actually add a naked liter and an adv combination race right away, but the original thread had a tight budget limit.

WSBK is already doing 650cc nakeds and motorcycle racing isn't popular enough to become very big in America. We have nascar and motocross and that's about it.

Holy shit 1000 in a day? I had a hard fucking time doing 1000 miles over a weekend

right, but there is this asinine argument surrounding them about which is best, but it's not like they are 600cc/1000cc that are built to racing spec and directly compete with each other, so why argue over 2-5hp when you could just get a bike that makes 20hp+ more for no extra money.

Are you a senior or just fat? No reason that should be difficult for you.

Oh, that's a bit of a ride.

I paid like $13.8 OTD or something but I live in the middle of San Francisco and there was a 6 month waiting list for the SM last year.

It took 19 hours and I was practically fucking delirious when I rolled into my garage at 4am.
500/day isn't really that bad though unless you're on a really bad bike for it. I did about 850 on my Ninja 250 and it wasn't fun but I was okay.

Neither fat or a senior. It was my first and only "long" trip. Up the coast on the 1 from LA to SF on a 650 thumper. Super foggy and smokey as there were also fires going on in some places.

I'd gladly pay for shipping on it, got a big bore kit/cams/exhaust goin on the drz in coming weeks, got some dosh left over.

>tfw the original Brough Superior SS100 sold for $13k accounted for inflation
>tfw the "new" ones sell for $60k
>tfw original ones sell for $250k plus

Why isn't it popular, though?

a. Lack of exposure.

A road racing series would be great, flatly for reminding people motorbike racing exists.

Oh okay. I felt pretty delirious too. I'd say it was a combination of the cold and fog. The shakes got all the way down into my bones and there weren't a lot of peaceful moments between the winding and the dense fog.

looks like I can get the ktm for 10k OTD with a little haggling. I just hope they'll work with me unlike last time I went. I was looking at the fz09 and had cash to get it minus a few hundred because I was gonna give them the "this is what I brought" gimmick. they didn't make a sale over like 400$ so I went and bought the connie which was my second choice from a private seller. I showed up a few weeks later to buy tires and to strut around with it as a "I told ya so". They've got new salesmans now so maybe a different story this time.

Unfortunately the Honda 500s are fairly boring bikes

t. Honda 500 owner

ebr

All 500's are boring bikes. They're just there to attract sponsorship.
Holding two or more races in a day (by class) would help attract hardcore spectators, but to build public awareness you need a self insert.

Thanks ordering my 1190RX

Its a shit idea, shut the fuck up now.

How has the husky been so far? Any reliability issues except the stuff you broke?

Pay the extra $2k for the Husky if you plan on travelling on road ever.

Do better then. Because no.
And because (presumably only you) haven't adressed the underlying concept. A country-wide TT series for the purpose of opening up the sport.

You guys have such penis envy you can't discuss such a thing without nitpicking about displacement class? What kind of problems would this run into? Is there something that could increase the appeal? Which cities would you like to race through?

You know. Discussion.

I'll do my best to find one. Just put the concours up for sale.

draw your bike pt.2

You should draw a nigger raping you while youre bend over the bike

Vitpilen when?

how were their dicks?

Look like faggot beta nu-male soyboi cuck biek

never

>got banned for posting EFs bridge troll gf cum tribute
>couldn't wish /dbt/ happy new year or post on my birthday

Life is pain lads.

>What is phoneposting

I tried, that was banned too.

I still havent gotten my moto liscence dbt

I think that will be my new years resolution

Q1-2 2018 according to the guys I spoke to at the bike show.

What year Concours and where do you live? I'm in the market for one

Get it, senpai
Even A2 is enough to start acquiring shitbikes

Do it my dude, I've had to do it twice now (Euro cuck license system) but it's worth it, riding my bike is one of the few things that makes me happy.

>tfw too cold and wet to ride the bike I have with the gear I own

Ktm still best memebaik

How do you like it?

Its another /surprised and angry that I got weaker even though I haven't lifted for 2 weeks/ episode

Between a xtz660 and your bike, what would you choose ?

how does he slide like this

He is not scared of his bile

>Having coffee and breakfast watching Berserk
>20ºf outside
Debating on if I should suck it the fuck up and go ride to see a movie or something.
The struggle is real

If you designed your own graphics kit what would you include on it?

A black sun.

>A black sun.

You mean like your wife's son?

Le edgy

kek

I know that struggle.
For the most part, it aint worth it.
It's just not gonna be as fun a ride was when it's warm.
I'll tell you one thing tho, you still probably gonna do it.
One can only go so long without a ride, eventually it gets to you, and go crazy, and you say fuck this god damn weather, niggas can't tell me what to do!

THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN

U right lol.
It is nice to be able to call other folk fairweather riders. I have nice cold weather gear. Might as well use it I guess

Honestly, one of the big things for me riding in the cold isn't the cold, although that sucks.
It's the traction. I can't ride like I normally would, and it's supremely disappointing.

Thats just an excuse to go on a nice relaxing scenic ride I say

The squid demon is fueled by fear, not speed.

Well see, that kind of the kicker.
It's not exactly relaxing if I'm freezing.
I'll go out now and then because I have to, it's not exactly the most fun tho.

Who said anything about speed.
I enjoy leaning, I don't want to take the chance of dropping the bitch cause my tires can't catch the ground.

Same here man, it's not that I can't ride in current conditions, it's just not remotely enjoyable, plus I have to do way more maintenance that usual as a result. I'm just waiting it out.

You need some godtires.
Mine get sticky enough to do clutch ups and rek the toegay at any temperature above freezing.

I would have to ride it to say. What I do know for sure is the KLR is way more common, easier to find parts for, and has a way bigger aftermarket. The yamaha has very comparable specs, but more claimed HP

I love my KLR though. My only complaint is OEM parts and aftermarket costs more than it should

Xt125r or YZF R125
Both about the same price. Only real differences are one does 80mph and one is easier to wheelie.

Speed or wheelies. Which is better?

noice

What did he mean by this?

So tone it down a bit. 'It's cold' is not a valid excuse. Get some proper gear and some heated grips.

Yup. That's why I'm building my confidence now, in the damper colder months, so I can go full-on in my bike's first season.

>Suzuki riders
Kek

>inb4 it's actually some bootleg chinese bike company

It's the hands for me, everything else is fine if I gear up but I hate my hands freezing.

I usually wear a thin thermal glove then a big skiing glove and put a warmer in between them if I'm riding below 30f and it's usually fine. Or you could shell out a little money and get heated grips and be max comf

How'd I do?