Why are saabs so unrecognized

saabs are really neat cars the motors can take a beating and everyone just thinks a saab is a shitbox
pic related my saab engine bay

its rare as fuck to see a saab here in the pacific north west so maybe thats why they dont have much of a reputation.

but to be fair, the term "shitbox" does not necessarily have to be bad, just means its at least semi reliable but not pretty

they’re really ugly and very heavy for the amount of power they produce especially in older models, same with volvos

>east-west turbo 4cyl in a medium-heavy FF "sports car"

I don't know why this never took off.....

Transverse btw.

The cool SAAB arent transverse anyways.

>north-south FF
Even worse.

They are just too rare to be recognized. I had a 9-3 aero, great car and sweet interior. I will always miss my Saab.

my brother had a 9-3, one more psi and the ting went bang

>They are just too rare to be recognized
They're common as muck where I am. I think there's about 4 on my street alone.

I have a 9-5 aero (wife's actually). It has 100k miles and the hvac system, let me tell you, is a wreck. The heat/ cold blend door lever arm broke off in a completely impossible-to-repair way. In the winter I rig it to the hot position, in summer to cold position. The thermostat went bad, I replaced it and the new one went bad too. No one makes a working thermostat for this heap. Temperature sending unit went bad, new one went bad too. Heater bypass valve went bad. It's 5 degrees here and this thing is trying to freeze me to death.
The transmission cooler lines are leaking transmission fluid all over now as well. One of the least reliable vehicles I've had.

Pluses: torquey motor, comf seats, quiet smooth ride.

thanks op, i hadnt considered getting a saab when i get rid of my shitroen c4

Saabs are fucking gay as hell & they tell everyone around you that you have a prolapsed anus.

This my Saab. 89 900 utter POS but I love it

Nice photo. I have a prancing moose I'll put on my 9000 when it has 350 whp

I used to have one of these.
>Was it fast?
Not really.
>Did it handle well
Wasn't the worst I've ever driven, but it didn't exactly dance round corners.

What it was amazing at though, was being chill as fuck just floating along the road with it's low-revving slant 4 and it's marshmallow suspension.
It was shit at going fast, but ace at going. Literally nothing except ice would stop it due to the more-torque-than-power thing the engine had.

I really liked the noise the transmission made when you got it up past 50. It was kind of like a clockwork whirr. And the dumb bullshit you could do with the gear gaiter to make the reverse lights come on whenever you wanted.

Well SAAB are reliable and they are pretty so the shitbox term is falsely used then.

Had a '94 9000 Aero, thing was decently fast considering I got it for $2k and the B234r is one of the best 4-pots ever made

Saabs are pretty gud, but rare.

Didn't the US car industry absorb and destroy them? I guess they were too neat for normies.

Ate the company, refused to sell it off. It finally got picked up at rock-bottom price, though, but by a company that can't afford to mass-produce anything.

OP here and i got those same rims i love how they look

i got mine for cheap 1997 saab 900 se turbo for only $900 only 72k miles best deal ever

only problem is that im a poor britfag, but if i come into some money ill definitely get one

> Personalised number plate
Wow, you're really fucking tasteless.
> Advertises the car on it
Oh. Oh wow. You're a truly special kind of retarded.

Have picture of my Saab

>mighty cock mods

Too bad they are a mess to clean.
I was gonna say that it looks like an OG9-3, but saw you said it was a 900SE.

I bought my 2003 9-5 Aero for $2000

Nice 95.
Hur mycket kostade den?

OP here thats a nice saab what year is that?

pic related my sonett

Dayum that shit is bonkers SHWEET. Modern car designers take note!

>being this triggered n jel

Saabs are pretty cool, I had a 9-3 turbo convertible it was pretty fun to drive, but I was a dumb youngun and didn't care for it. It stopped running due to my negligence and boy howdy am I ashamed.

>a real bumper
hnnnnnnggggggggg!

Only the French did it right.

They're huge and sturdy i can kick them and nothing happens

1977 Saab 95

I don't know alot about the Sonett, is yours equipped with a V4 or a twostroke?

Looks amazing.

t. Swede

Kostade mig en motor, som jag fått. En av mina bättre bilaffärer.

Cost me an engine, that I was given. One of my better car deals

v4 the engine makes me wanna
HNNNNNNNNNNG

I like my 9000. Just fixed my dash illumination. Still have a rattle waiting to be fixed back there and the pictogram lights for the rear defroster, high beams and rear fog lights are doing the weirdest shit ever to me.

>Saab