What is the biggest "Taxed" vehicle in your area? Mine is definitely the "Lift" tax...

What is the biggest "Taxed" vehicle in your area? Mine is definitely the "Lift" tax. It's nearly impossible to find a decent truck/4x4 that isn't either rusted out, lifted, or way too expensive for what it is
> I just want a stock white 4door XJ ):
The car scene is awful in my neck of the woods so I've never even came close to experiencing vape tax.

Skylines, silvias and nissan safari/patrols everybody wants stupid prices for them

Forever and always Boomer tax, any cars that Boomers desire - particularly iconic cars from their childhood or early adult life = big money.

Why would you want one of those lemons?
Never will understand why Americans buy cherokees or why they bother lifting them for reasons other than fitting big fuck off tyres.

Im guessing your in straya, that saf would cost around 20-25k nz if it had a wof/reg/cert/rucs

Rice tax, any interesting Japanese car is expensive as hell. Like, a clean 240sx is as expensive as a new MX-5. The ones that aren't expensives are clapped out to fuck or ruined by ricers.

Sure for a 4.2 td custom dual cab they are that much, can get a patrol wagon with a 3.0 td or even a rb30 for like 3k no worries though.

Not in nz

>RB30 Patrol
FUCK YEAH CUNT!

literally everything in florida has some sort of stupid fucking tax. I can't find any decent cars for a good price. This place is legit cancer

Wut? I bought pic related in Tampa for 2700

I had a stock white 4 door 1999 XJ as my first car. This was the late 2000s so the thing was already kinda old but I loved it.

I worked for a small family-owned Chinese restaurant as a delivery driver (only white guy that worked there). Everytime I see an XJ I can't help but get taken back to those times. Sitting in those bouncy Jeep seats at a stoplight on a cold winter's night, no one else on the road as I sip some beautifully warm egg drop soup. A little bit of steam rising off the cup as I shift with the ridiculous t-shaped shift knob. Endlessly comfy.

I was also the first one in my group of friends to have a driver's license and we'd pile 7 deep into that thing to go just about anywhere. Two dudes would sit in the back leaning against the outside of the car looking straight at each other. Sometimes I would speed a bit when going over speed bumps and watch them fly into the air for a second.

Eventually I sold it because I bought a 2006 Mazda 6 with a broken transmission and fixed it up (spent only $500 total on the car and new transmission). It was a direct upgrade from my XJ and I made a profit from buying the 6 and selling the XJ, but I still miss that car.

Cherokees are reliable as heck. They're tranny's are really good. Couple that with the 4.0 and you have yourself a nice 4x4 machine.

Not as good as my neetmaro

o mad af lolol

Trucks are just as bad in Canada especially in the rusty rig pig bro truck regions. That's why at least 50% of the vehicles on the road are brand new pickups. People don't even bother buying used anymore.

Pretty sure their shitty transfer cases sent most the the scrapyard.

Try to find an alfa romeo or any fast cheap italian car that hasn't been hooned by some gypsy scum

Subarus, doesn't matter turbo or not they fetch a stupid amount of money where I am

Toyota trucks and SUVs
Particularly 1st Gen 4runners/Hilux
And fj60
I've seen all of these go for upwards of 10,000 even for not very clean examples and half of them have salvaged titles

I can actually understand a lot of the "insane" classic car pricing. Restoring a vehicle takes way more time than buying new. You can pick up most driver quality classics for less then what it costs to start from a project car. I got my 1972 Monte Carlo for $8000 and the guy before me sunk $12000 into it just for parts and a ton of his own time. And a 350 / TH350 is a relatively inexpensive vehicle for parts.

I'm living my XJ years right now. It is a great old car. About every other month somebody finds me and offers me $5000 cash for it. I'm never gonna sell it though. I know I'd miss the hell out of it. Just for shits I'm gonna see how long it lives before it rusts back into the ground. Eh, maybe somebody else can try to kill it after I'm dead. It's fucking funny how often you still see them out there. It was a glitch in consumerism or something.

Hiluxes and Land Cruisers. Especially J60-100 Cruisers and pre-2002 Hilux

Point being; my 03 Hilux with 110 000 miles, no equipment, body in good condition, ok summer tires and terrible winter tires ran me $10500, which is a good purchase

For that I could've gotten a 2007 Nissan Navara with 80 000 miles, aircon and more power, or a 2016 VW Up!

Just the gas guzzler tax. But i mean if your engineers are good they can avoid that

I have the exact same story. I've been daily driving my 2000 XJ for 10 years now.

What has that done to the cost of new vehicles?

I want to buy another one just to play around with once I've got more disposable income. Such a comfy car.

Nothing really. It makes them cheaper if anything. Even a $60k truck is decently priced when you consider what it's capable of and that it does 0-60 in under 6. You can lease a shitbox for dick all a month so most people would rather go that route than worry about "used car issues". I'm almost at that stage where I'm kinda with them. Worrying about maintenance and repairs on a DD gets old after a while.

That makes perfect sense desu

Have you had to replace the cursed 0331 head yet? I have a 2000 also and mine still hasn't cracked. 18 years! What the fuck? Did I win the lottery or is it just playing the long con to fuck with my mind?

I do have the 0331 head, but so far so good. I only overheated it once when it was -30, and I shut it off immediately. Replaced every part of the cooling system after that scare. I had blackstone test the oil a few months ago and the trace amount of coolant was equivalent to a teaspoon in 6 quarts.

Shit. Good to know. I take care of mine, too.

Retards don't understand that mods aren't value adds. At best they don't tarnish resale value, but at the end of the day, you are asking someone to buy your personal tastes.

It just turns out lots of retards drive lifted trucks and stanced JDM/E30s. They thought the lift kit was an investment!

Fuck you you have been offline all fucking day !