RWD hate thread

When will people realize that FWD is the superior DD drivetrain?
>can floor it in a straight line as much as you want
>WAY less power loss to the wheels
>cornering speed is literally the same as RWD
>lower risk of crashing and dying
>insanely forgiving

FRSes here never wanna race because they're too scared of dying/crashing their ride.
>inb4 bruh i'm senna IRL even though i would never push the gas pedal past halfway XD
Drivetrainlets, please learn.

>Drivetrainlets, please learn.

Good advice, take it.

How fast is the fastest fwd car on the ring? About 1 minute slower than the fastest rwd?

>when your penis has fully retracted into your body so you try to justify having the least interesting drivetrain

>let's ignore the insane horsepower and weight difference and say it was the drivetrain

-t. not an expert wheelman
"Way" less? My knowledge of the fundamental basics of mechanical drive layouts tells me the difference would be marginal at best..... how much loss can 2 extra uni joints and one or two extra bearings create?
Yeah maybe if you corner in neutral....
>insanely forgiving

Your only argument that checks out is that they're easier for retards to drive - which is why all basic commuters are FF, but most sports cars are FR or AWD.

Why won't all the big manufacturers invest in developing fast fwd platforms then?
Are they all retards?

I-I-I'm s-sure if they wanted to Honda could build the best FF supercar ever! They just don't do it because retards keep pushing the RWD meme!! IT'S ALL THOSE DAMN RWDS FAULT!!!

What is torque steer?
Also WAY less power to begin with.
what rwd? what fwd?
How so?
If i run a 2 tonne car with a 5 star safety rating into a 1 tonne car with a 5 star safety rating i am sorry but i am going to be in better condition than the person in the little car, it is just physics.
>insanely forgiving
git gud faget

i prefer FWD over RWD personally but any drivetrain can be done well but you gotta do it at the right pace

FWD issues:

>torque steer
>more prone to understeer in stock setups
>all weight directed to the front wheels
>very little flexiability in drivetrain layout
>most likely to have front end weight bias

RWD issues

>more prone to oversteer especially in stock setups but eliminated torque steer
>flexable drivetrain layouts but each one has its own
*MR Snap oversteer (worst offender is the Toyota MR2)
*RR Major case of Lift off oversteer (worst offender is most Porche 911s built before 2005)
*FR well balanced but more complicated layout
>40% in cases to have a nigh 50-50 weight distribution ala Mazda MX5, Nissan S15, Nissan Skyline R31 and R32 (aka Nissan Pintara) and etc but most likely having weak front ends like Nissan S13/180sx, Nissan S14/200sx, Lancia Sratos, etc which either mods or driver training will resolve
>if excess power on rear heavy cars like modern Ford Mustangs, it can cause a RWD version of Torque steer which would be rather uncontrollable in semi-rare cases

AWD Issues

>eliminates both RWD and FWD issues whilst being master to none of either benefits of FWD or RWD
>easier to damage drivetrain
>increase wear on tyres due to added traction

>*MR lift-off oversteer (best offender is the Toyota MR2 because good turn in on corner entry, which is the only time you should be lifting off, is exactly what most race car drivers want)
Ftfy (git gud)

Rally drivers also use snap oversteer to their benefit to but its only really a issue towards average blokes driving it because its a poor man's ferrari. after Rev. 2. Toyota announced they would fix the suspension "for those that do not have the reaction time of a F1 driver"

>R31 skyline
>50/50 weight distribution

Don't think so cunt, does this look like the sorta front camber you'd run on a 50/50 car?

It's not about reaction time, there's nothing "snappy" about liftoff oversteer, it's about where you liftoff.
Idiots realize their going too fast or on the wrong line mid corner and bork out = spin.

oh shit oops, i thought the Pintara had a nice enough wheelbase for a 50/50 split. i mean maybe if it was changed to positive camber, probably?

its just the term that was made up by people that managed to liftoff oversteer while braking in the middle of corners (specifically the MR2)

The drivetrain is the reason there's an insane difference in horsepower.

high power can be done on FWD (even up to supercar levels)

its just easier with RWD/AWD

True, but the challenges of delivering usable power in a FWD car make the whole enterprise really not worth it. There's a reason that Nismo thing was an oddball.

It can be done but there's no point in doing it.
>how does get insane power to ground?

hey at least they were trying new things compared to the copy paste rinse repeat formula of AWD and MR layouts

i personally liked the GTR LM Nismo

>insanely forgiving
>get fwd
>let off the throttle mid corner
>car goes sideways

i'm genuinely afraid of fwds. so far i had two cars, fwd shitbox and miata, i took them both on a track and i felt way safer/more in control in miata

to be fair, a MX5 is one of the safest RWD cars you could be in due to its 50/50 distribution

>ITT OP cant afford a RWD.

FFs are usually even safer due the engine being infront of the front wheels - the rest of the car tends to follow.
Even if you do get an FF sideways they usually straighten themselves out with or without corrective measures. In fact the main danger you face with an FF is over-correction - they can snap back very quickly if you're not ready, but even then they don't spin off in the opposite direction like some RWD cars might, it's usually pretty easy to get them turning again.

>they don't spin off in the opposite direction like some RWD cars might, it's usually pretty easy to get them turning again.
can tell that from personal experience while aquaplaning

I totaled my FF shitbox after swerving away from an animal that ran across the road and overcorrecting once my car lost control. If I had a FR, I could keep the power on and gradually bring it back in line, I don't really buy the FF is safer argument. Plus, I find oversteer easier to control than understeer.

>tldr: I can't drive the post
>T. Op
Kys muh doods

good job answering his question faggot

>your whole post

That reminds me. Remember the time Nissan brought a FWD LMP1 car to Le Mans and got laughed off the track?

>FRSes here never wanna race because they're too scared of dying/crashing their ride.
No, it's because it's not really a fast car. Why people want to do highway against me I'll never understand. Do they seriously think I have a chance in a straight line against an STi or their 3.8L V6 or whatever?

Leave me alone and let me enjoy my on/off ramps and going sideways in the snow.

Apparently you come from a place that has no understeer physics, or you put trick racing differentials into every single FWD car you've ever driven.

He's agreeing.

I'd never buy a fwd car desu

Almost,
FWD with part time AWD is the best bet.
FWD economy most of the time, and extra traction for when mother nature takes a giant shit.......or for launching it harder, if that's your thing.

Just because FWD doesn't have as much potential as RWD doesn't make it inferior.

That's the most gay form of AWD.

> muh symmetrical....
Good try kid, come back when you're old enough to get a license.

Why can't you say something funny instead?

How is fwd biased awd better than rwd biased?
>rwd fuel economy and handling
>awd traction only kicks in when launching or on poor surfaces
>no understeer

Because then the RWD only kicks in after something got fucked up.

It's so much better when it's RWD the whole time when you don't need it.

That's right what I meant, xdrive and 4matic are the best awd systems, permanent awd should only be used in rally cars or off roaders.

>OP's so butthurt all he can afford are FWD shitboxes.

If you have the dosh to pay for those expensive cars, you can afford to pay for the drivetrain losses of full-time AWD. It's just better in every way if you care about driving.

>permanent awd should only be used in rally cars or off roaders.
fuck off loser, take your fake AWD somewhere else

Full time awd causes more understeer.
There is a reason all awd supercars and the r35 gtr use part time rwd biased awd.

>cause understeer
How about a tall cup of nope. You just don't know how to set up your suspension or drive your car.

>Full time AWD can cause more understeer
not exactly

Fastest car is AWD.

Up to about 5% of engine power, about 30% more loss than a FWD car.

The biggest benefit to FWD for a DD is a flatter floor making it more comfortable to have a passenger in the centre at the back.

Maybe they aren't racing because you aren't worth it in a slow FWD shitbox.

Fastest is rwd Porsche GT2 RS.

>not having only left side WD

Git gud

Yes, you can put supercar levels of power in FWD. Pic related was making around 680whp last I heard but it probably makes more now although they won't tell you exactly what it makes. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should. The nature of accelerating a vehicle puts all of the weight to the back. See a drag car pop a wheelie? That's exactly what's happening. If you accelerated so fast that your front wheels came off the ground, what would happen? I was able to do a burn-out on sticky tires on my Toyota Tercel race car years ago. That fuck-huge splitter on the front of pic related isn't road legal but is required to keep the front of the car planted when accelerating at speed. You can forget an 8 second standing quarter mile. All of those cars are AWD or RWD for a reason.

Finally, the other issue is that you are asking 2 tires to do all of the work instead of splitting it between 4 tires. This is why the LMP FWD GTR wasn't competitive, they were asking too much from the front tires. For reference, pic related's time that day was beaten by RWD and AWD vehicles making ~500whp. A serious power advantage in order to keep competitive times huh...

>you aren't worth it
a 9th gen SI is definitely faster than a FRSlow lol

Oh someone hit a nerve of yours, triggered much?

Do civics still have vtek? I once heard vtek kick in and it was pretty rad tbqh.

Ah no wonder youre so butthurt, you drive a much more inferior car.

>Cornering speed is the same
False. You have to apex earlier because of understeer and wide exits
Fwd sucks because you can't steer with your throttle which is the best feeling ever

Still worse than a similar spec rwd ap1 in every way, same with dc5 vs ap2

>its just easier with RWD/AWD

Well there you have it

FRSlow owners detected. do you guys ever drive over 40mph?

I wish. I own a 2ZZ swapped MR-S, more than capable of smoking your FF cuckbox.

>2ZZ
>MR-S
LOL!

I have literally never driven a FWD car. What's it like?

Boring as fuck, count yourself lucky.

tfw no fwd supercars yet :(
it might be slow but it would be so cool and i bet it would sell like mad :(((
cmon honda pls do it

like being pulled on a rail rather than pushed by the fun

FF = good
RR / mr = good
FR = gay retard drift boy shit

like if you agree

Whats up with civic owners and their inferiority complexes?

And why do they always understeer into shit?

Incredibly engaging. Don't listen to brainlets like .

the Le Mans car was supposed to be AWD with what's referred to as a kinetic energy recovery system which somehow uses the front brakes, witch craft, a flywheel and a secondary drive shaft to deliver stored energy to all wheels

but it wasn't working and the cars embarrassing run without it retired it for good after only 1 race

>FR = Good
>MR = Good
>FF = Understeering wageslave shitbox.

Fixed.

>FR = best
>MR = bad
>FF = good

>RF = THE ULTIMEAT

double fixed

liked

If rwd is so bad why doesnt F1 use fwd?

wrong, if your car is too powerful it'd probably lose traction due to all the weight transferring to the rare
Maybe with an FR, but not with an RR
so?
I agree, still I personally would rather risk it and have fun
>insanely forgiving
I agree

How come the most powerful production FF cars ever made are literal old American luxury cars then?