twitter.com/AWKgamedev,
awkgamedev.tumblr.com/
snekdev.itch.io/scrap-hunt
youtube.com/watch?v=ugZ9guPHqS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for textless visual novels

don't steal my idea nerds

visual-less visual novels

Experimenting with rendering my backgrounds randomly before starting the missions. It does not look good yet but I think I am on the correct path.

Is it okay if I used the general code structure from a tutorial (scene nodes, entities, commands, etc) but have entirely different code? or is that laziness?

novels without words

You can straight up steal tutorial code and no one will care.

>tfw my game is like 90% tutorial code and 10% modified tutorial code to fit everything together

repost from last thread because i posted it almost as soon as it died

gonna apply base colors soon, hopefully tonight, and might work on some testing animations. the entire texture is exclusively in two shades of grey, which was a fun limitation to work with

Oh okay, I can't use most of the tutorial code anyway because the book is in SFML and I'm using OpenGL

I don't understand this but why is it that half of the agdg discord users act like they shouldn't go on a site like Veeky Forums with how inclusive, childlike, and mafia tier stuck up acts. It screams fedora reddit users controlled by a single woman not free speech chill fucks from Veeky Forums.

I give up.

I don't understand this but why is it that half of the agdg board-only users act like they shouldn't go on a site like discord with how inclusive, childlike, and mafia tier stuck up acts. It screams fedora reddit users controlled by a single woman not free speech chill fucks from discord.

:thinking:

Could you please rephrase that in English?

QUICK POST YOUR OUTPUT.WEBM

Am I allowed to post my hentai game progress here?

yeah and if it's too lewd there's and you can crosslink

Yes, but only if the images you post are blue board appropriate.

I wouldn't mind but janny is a no fun allowed kind of guy

What does this mean?

>there will never be art of her poledancing

I'm using float comparisons.

drawitfaget

I'm no artist, burgerbreath

>there will never be art of her poledancing

If I make a textless-visual-novel spinoff of any of your games, do I need to pay you royalties for riding on your "success"?

I just find it easier to just pervert an existent universe with fan-fiction than create my own from scratch.

>janny bans on-topic lewds but refuses to do anything about the two or three spergs who shit this place up every day
Really activates the almonds.

okay

Do we even have any storyguys?

Indeed, that's pretty good. Nice work so far !

Show them who's the boss. Also, screw the "tank controls and fixed cameras are bad" crowd - they are not your audience anyway.

Is this inspired by MDK by chance?

5 hours of progress again today.

GUI has been reimplemented about halfway, and I drastically improved how the GUI and the game interact. Movement is now done with arrow keys OR wasd, instead of clicking buttons on the screen (which was a placeholder anyway).

Improved path finding, not much of a deviation from A*, but it's functional.

Lots of little infrastructure improvements mean that I probably won't have to tear down the engine and rebuild it for a - fifth - time. Now I can just focus on debugging features, implemented the "crafting menu", level design, enemy design, and the story. Great.

One day I'd like to implement procedural level generation, but that's probably a month or two away.

You're making a derivative work, user
I'd want royalties if you sold it, just like I'd want royalties from a multi billion dollar corporation

Am I a brainlet scrub if I don't use a BSP tree to optimize rendering?

The engine already does that for you.

>engine

oh, then you're a brainlet scrub

I will. Thanks mate!

t. brainlet scrub

Somewhat

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Harmon:i:c
Dev: AWK
Tools: Godot
Web: awk.itch.io/harmonic, twitter.com/AWKgamedev, awkgamedev.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+ Death state and level resetting
+ aStart actor for defining the player's starting position in a level (while keeping the player's relative position to the camera)
+ Map and fog
+ Rewind - only movement rewind has been tested, some rewindable actions like object creation and state changes might need some tweaking

IT IS DONE HOLY SHIT
Expect an upload by snek in the next couple of hours.
Now I'm gonna play Splatoon 2 and then it's off to bed for me, see ya on the flip side aggy.

why is jumping so hard

Sleep tight luder

Because going up is harder than going down

I really like AGDG

Looking dank as fuck!

Here's Output.jpg. No real point in making that a webm.
I managed to build a 3D path that takes in account verticality (read : added an extra dimension to A* pathfinding).
Next thing to do is to is make sure it doesn't create paths that go through walls, as it is the case right now. I don't think it should be hard but I've had enough work for now.
I also need to check if the points are ordered or not but I think they should be.

>object creation
I think you'd just need to have the object "already created" like you would with object pooling. Set it out of the map, hidden and inactive, and when you "create" it, put it where it should be created, visible and active.
For state changes I'd try getting when they change, what change they went through, and whenever I rewind, go backwards "in time" and if it went past the time of the change, do it backwards.

But implementation is another thing.

Any link where it's posted ? Bed time's soon for me too.

I'm working on getting the itch page up right now

Well here's two girls for my MGE knock off game. Working on a muscular ogre girl next.

>each time I see this guy, I can't stop myself from thinking about pic related

I'm giggling like a madman.

Why do they look like you made them with photogrammetry

bad proportions
left one's hand arrives at the knee
also sameface

But I had that idea too

user, I hope you use your character's unnerving proportions and movements to their maximum effect

I can feel the power to develop coursing through my veins

>:tumblr.com/dashboard
DUDE YOU'RE STILL IN TIME

Here's the itch page, I'm figuring out the ludum dare submission process now. snekdev.itch.io/scrap-hunt

ah shit thanks user

----[ Recap ]----
Game:Devil Engine
Dev:shmoopdev
Tools:GMS, Photshop, Aesprite
Web:shmoopdev.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+Parts of level 3 blocked out
+Sweet 3d effects
+Some more balancing for level 2
-Art's going at a glacial pace

Actually it's the perspective the focal length is low so it looks warped. The hand doesn't actually arrive at the knee.

thanks user!!

I'm trying out basecolors now, really makes it easier to mess with shader settings since i have a better idea of what it looks like

you cant really see it but the rocket thrusters have danger stripes around them for flair

Hi /agdg/,

So, it's been like 7 years ago since I last wrote games. I gave up on that and never planned to go back since, but... lately, as I play more games I kinda feel an urge to go back to this again.
I have zero talent and knowledge, though; all I can do is program and not even in Java, python, C# or C++, making my programming skills basically irrelevant for game development.

What would you recommend me if I wanted to make a tycoon-style game?

considering you understand any sort of programming i figure learning a new language would be much easier for you

I'd say go ahead and learn C# or C++ or even Python and then go from there once you grasp it

start with pong

Fuck me, this looks sick !

I don't want to write an engine by myself, though.
I can't decide between Unity and GM:S. I heard GM:S is half blocks, half GML code, but... if I wanted to make a tycoon game, wouldn't it get a little too complex for GML?

Also, how to learn basic pixel art? Any interesting guides?

you dont have to enginedev, just knowing a good language used by any of the premiere engines like Unity or UE4 or even Cryengine and GM is fine

>I don't want to write an engine by myself,
No one suggested that.
You'll need C# for Unity or C++ for Unreal.

Keeping blue board SFW > quality control of generals

>/agdg/ demo day
>150 views

>Ludum Dare
>30 views

Demo day confirmed more important than LD

Its easier to determine if a pic is NSFW than it is to determine if the text in some shitpost should be deleted or if its "board culture".

>DD
>over

>LD
not over
hmm

I think I'll look at some C# tutorials then, compare stuff and finally pick the engine that feels the most comfortable if there are no bigger differences.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Project Abel
Dev: abeldev
Tools:GMS2, Photoshop
Web:shmoopdev.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+Still working on inventory system
+Got the game to find an empty space that is the right size perfectly
+started working on being able to move items around
+cleaned up art a little
-programming an inventory is making me want to put my head through a window

oops sorry shmoop stole your website

>/agdg/ Demo Day
>0 views (because I have no game)

>Ludum Dare (last one)
>927 views

>0 views (because I have no game)
WOOOOW

wtf i hate demo day now

Woah, that's almost four digits

Teach me your LD secrets, as long as they don't include leaving comments

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Ghost Knight Victis
Dev: Anomalous Underdog
Tools: Unity, Blender, Substance Painter, Photoshop CC
Web: hypertensiongamedev.tumblr.com
Progress:
+ still alive
+ fixed bug with blur-behind-GUI effect not working when near bright light source
- lost momentum with progress

>code that's inside of an if block that tests false executes

Post code.

Cool but there are like millions of these games allready so why make another one?

you fucked up something faggot

maybe because he thinks it's fun?

I'll be honest I have no idea. I did comment on a few peoples games, but by the end of the voting period I only had 7 ratings.
I still get 2 to 4 views every day since the game was posted. And 1 or 2 downloads every couple of days.

BENIS XD

Give me a quick rundown what your game is all about.

You are aware that the contents of the else block will be executed even when there's no jumping going on at all, yes?

the else block is the code for when there is no jumping yes, you figured it out

>print "Hit ground false" every frame unless jumping
Why?

like this this but as a videogame youtube.com/watch?v=ugZ9guPHqS4

you're a terminally-ill superhero fighting against Lovecraftian horrors invading the real world. you face the final boss at the end of the year

>Karas
good taste my friend.
Unrelated but I wanted to repost it. Love you man.

I see you, browning thread lurker
I gotta say, they've stepped up their game

what thread? that was me and i have no clue what you're talking about lmao

Can someone rip the flea smg from dying light: the following for me please?

Sure, how much are you willing you pay for it?

my soul